Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Sweet Nancy, that must have been written by a man! I have never cared about aging and have always been a very upbeat person. Take away my HRT and I Hulk Out, and the dog packs a bag and moves in with Elissa! She thinks I'm a grouchy green stranger who sweats alot and she refuses to come home till I take my little pill!!

I miss you, Nancy, come see us more often!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Now I have a question for you ladies over 40..... do women really survive menopause? Because right now, I have my doubts. Between the hot-flashes, night sweats, irritability and nightmares... it's been 2 weeks since I've had more than 3 hours of sleep a night. This is awful. If men had to go through this.... you can bet your arse there would be a cure!

Swannie

I read in a medical book from Kaiser Permanente that if you think Menopause will be a horrible time for you, then you will have a rough time, but if you accept it as a natural part of life and don't fret over it, it will be a breeze.

No offense Nancy, but that book is BS! Actually when I first started, I thought it WOULD be a breeze. I thought, "Oh I can live with this... no big deal."

When you've been producing hormones and chemicals for many years, and then your body suddenly stops producing those hormones, dramatic physical changes occur. Menopause is NOT just in your head. I do believe attitude can influence how a woman handles herself during menopause, but a positive attitude does NOT stop hot flashes and sleeplessness.

Anyhow Nance, you're so young you won't have to deal with this for a long time, and maybe by then... they will have a better way of treating it!

I just gotta add: If men had to go through menopause.... the world would have been NUKED by now! LOL!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I'm sooooooooooooooo not looking forward to this chapter in my life when it comes. Oi! I wonder if I lost a lot of weight and was super skinny would I sweat as much? Hum... I'm already an impatient person I don't even want to know what I would be like w/my hormones out of whack. Double Oi! Good luck to all of you suffering through this. I can wait.

I'm not doing anything tonight for New Years. My little Isabelle has a really bad and I mean really bad head cold. Poor thing. She's just miserable beyond words all stuffed up. We took her in to make sure it was not in her chest and he said it's just a bad head cold. She can't keep anything down and she can't breathe therefore she doesn't want to sleep that much. So, it's pizza and out by 11pm more than likely for me tonight but we shall see. To all who have plans:

:yay: HAPPY NEW YEARS! :yay:

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

HAPPY NEW YEAR GALS!!

Btw, has anyone noticed how hot this Gerry character is? :whoa::whome2:

Hi All

Will just be hubby and me celebrating another New Years. We have had our wild and not-so-wild partying days and we are soooo comfortable just relaxing at home with the telly and watching the ball drop. Here's a toast to all my new GALS friends and my old friends too...

Slainte,

Diane

please click

Posted Image

Happy New Year's, GAL pals. I hope it is a wonderful and SAFE evening for all followed by a caring, sharing, TEARINGLY happy 2009.

Much love from the Big R,

Jill

(and yeah, Jobella, I can kinda see that this guy is sorta, kinda......HAWT!) :drool1:

Posted Image to all my friends and sisters. Dan'l and I will hopefully be able to keep each other awake to watch the ball drop ... lol...yeah, we will ... we always do. Our wild party days are waaay behind us and I'm just as happy sitting home, warm and comfy, with a glass of champagne and my honey besides me. My prayer for all of us is that this next year is a better year!

Posted Image

Jennipher, have you been in touch with Geriann yet about the 9th?

love and hugs,

Sue

Well, GALS, 2008 is ending on a sad note for me. A dear friend of mine, and Erin's Godmother, passed away on Sunday after a long illness. She and I have been friends for many, many years. It makes it hard to celebrate the New Year, so I guess it's just as well that I'm working the night shift tonight.

Anyway, here's wishing us all a happy new year and may 2009 bring us happiness, good health, and prosperity! :drink:

Posted Image to all my friends and sisters. Dan'l and I will hopefully be able to keep each other awake to watch the ball drop ... lol...yeah, we will ... we always do. Our wild party days are waaay behind us and I'm just as happy sitting home, warm and comfy, with a glass of champagne and my honey besides me. My prayer for all of us is that this next year is a better year!

Posted Image

love and hugs,

Sue

Yes, I have requested a long island ice tea :yummy:

Oh Elissa, Posted Image for the loss of your friend. I know how you feel, we lost Ron this year and with all the other things going on I'm not sorry to see 2008 go away!

hugs,

Sue

To Start A New Year. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Anonymous

"A new year is unfolding—like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within.

Lord, let this year be filled with the things that are truly good—with the comfort of warmth in our relationships, with the strength to help those who need our help and the humility and openness to accept help from others.

As we make our resolutions for the year ahead, let us go forward with great hope that all things can be possible—with Your help and guidance."

love and hugs,

Sue

Yes, I have requested a long island ice tea :yummy:

Oh goody!!! lol....

Thanks, Sue. I pray that 2009 will be a much better year for us all! :hearts:

Elissa, I am so sorry about your loss. :comfort: I know you and Bill will be driving to Houston for the funeral. Please be careful and get home safely.

2009 WILL be better, honest.

Hugs,

Suzie

Happy New Year, all.

Dan and I will be putting the boy to bed about 9 and probably playing Guitar Hero until Midnight.

Might take Brayan out to dinner tonight. It's been a while and it's SO nice to be out of preemie lockdown this year!

Lishous - I'm glad to see you here again and hope you and your men (big and small) have a wonderful New Years.

Elissa - I'm so sad to hear about your friend. There have just been too many people I know who have experienced losses this year - it is frightening! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

May everyone have a happy New Year. I'll be watching the True Blood marathon on HBO for as long as I can last or as long as my hubby can stand it!

Thanks, Suzie and Susan. :)

Lish-good to see you here again! Congratulations on your engagement!

I have to start getting ready to go to work. I hope all goes well tonight. The last time I worked the night shift on New Year's Eve a patient went AMA with her baby in the middle of the night! :unsure:

HAPPY NEW YEAR YA'LL

Hugs and loves

Snap xx

(& Beo)

Posted Image

HAPPY NEW YEAR GALS!!!

sending lots of huge wishes for you all,

Sally

HAPPY NEW YEAR GALS AND PALS I hope you have lots of money in the new year, if you eat a lot of black eyed peas tomorrow that is, and health especially and may all your dreams come true in 2009.

I volunteered today only one who went in besides this other lady down stairs and I don't know why I was there it was soooo slow and no operations hardly so she could have let me stay home.

Gerald had so many funerals come in over the holiday that he worked at the funeral home today and has to go in tomorrow too and he was supposed to drive me to Magee miss to get the kids. but he can't Please pray for me I have panic attacks when I drive any amount of time over 10 mins and it about 45 mins . I will take the Lord with me but pray anyway. I will keep in mind I am going to see my kids and I can make it. Friday when I go back he will be here MAYBE to drive us then not sure agian on that one.

Any way have a good weekend long one ya'll love each and everyone of you . be good dont' drink and drive and don't drink at all if you can help it. I won't see the ball in, because I got up at 430 this morning. I am tired and hurting. xoxoxo lu Raina Snow :partytime::pucker:

It feels like ages since I've been in here. It is 2.25am on 1 January so we are well into the New Year in Bonnie Scotland. My family went to a lovely Italian American Diner called Frankie and Bennys tonight - the food is delicious. Was surprised it was a UK firm and not American owned when I first started going there a few years ago. My sister and her hubbie went off to see in the New Year with friends but since I saw my mates last night and had a lovely Mexican and saw Australia(great by the way) I decided it was only right to see the New Year in with my dad. He is doing so so. He has his good days and bad.

I hope 2009 is a good year for all you GALS.

Hugs

Moira

Posted Image Just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!

Posted Image Peggy

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEAR GALS!!!

:party::party::party:

Hugs,

Suzie

Hey Jude!! I think you and I discussed that we were born the same year once before ....so not only aches and pains but ...UM...memory banks seem to take a dip!

:wave: Frannie

:doh::whiteflag:

:wuv:JUDE

Happy New Year, everyone! I survived the night shift! :D It actually was a nice night. We were very busy with deliveries, but were well-staffed. We missed having the first baby of the new year to another area hospital by 3 seconds!