Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

HAPPY NEW YEAR

to all you wonderful gals. :grouphug:

HOPE 2009 IS A GOOD YEAR FOR ALL

WendyM

Happy New year all. My kids are here its almost midnight and we just watched August Rush and Schindlers List because Hannah has another book about the holocaust she is reading at school and I knew she would love Schindlers. good night my GALS hope ya';ll have a good night. tty tomorrow. I had a good trip getting them and cried when they got out of the car. Will be sad when they have to leave tomorrow. good night Raina Snow

Oh Raina, I'm so glad you made it to pick them up and got them home!!! Just enjoy the time you have with them sweetie...

hugs,

Sue

I'm very sad. My Nathan spent yet another New Years Eve alone. We tried to get him to go with us to our best friend's, where we had a great time, but he said no because he thought he might have plans with a friend. Well those plans fell through, and after eating out by himself, he was home before midnight.

We stayed the whole night with our friends, who live an hour away, but I swear if we had known he was alone, we would have gone back home to pick him up.

I just want to cry.

Swannie

Hi GALS

Well we all made it through the New Year's, Mine was pretty simple with just hubby and me. :drink: Brought in the New Year with a toast for a better times for our country and thanks for the blessings of family. Did you see the celebrators at Times Square in that cold...was it 2 degrees? Brrrr you would have to pay me to be out there! Can't take the cold. They sure did disperse fast when it was over! :lol:

Raina Snow, Oh I am so happy to hear that you have the grandkids with you! I knew you could do it! and I know you will treasure every minute you have with them. Happy New Year to you all. and I did have my black-eye peas for luck!

Ahh Swannie, I have been there with my two sons...sometimes that happened to them and It was so hard to see them unhappy but they are happily married now so things do work out, it just takes time. :hugs:

Happy New Year to you, too, Moira from a new GAL in tiny Delaware! Love reading your posts!

Enjoy today and the weekend!

Raina Snow - I'm so happy for you with your grandkids. I'm, praying for you and your trip today. I hope you had a really great time with them. Sounds like you did - anxious to hear more from you later today - or this evening!

:wuv: :wuv:

Posted Image Swannie...I know that there is nothing harder for a mom than to see her child unhappy and alone....and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. My heart breaks for you. Let's pray that this year is the year that Nathan will find the success he deserves and someone to share it with.

love,

Sue

I was going to write something, but I can't get my eyes off Sue's siggy, so maybe later.....

Suzie

suzie your siggy ain't so bad either. and Sue can make some beautiful ones. Yes Bonnie and sue, and Diane I enjoyed my kids sooo much. I took them to breakfast this morning. Nick wanted to make his Pop Pop some chocolate chip cookies but he got 1/2 of them made and we had to leave to go back to Magee. I cried. of course. I don't know when I will get to see them again. We had such a good time last night we watched movies. Schnidlers list and August rush which is great if you have not seen it soo touching. I have ratatouille I have to watch by my self I really want to see it.

its warm here and very nice day. I walked and I have not gone off my diet while they were here. I was so glad. we went places I could eat only 1/2 of things and brought the rest home.

I am sorry Swannie for your New Years eve and Nathan bless his heart he don't complain. Maybe next year he will see and go with you. Maybe he just wanted to be with his friends and then they do that to him. what a shame. I am so sorry.

Thanks Zany for joining me on facebook I have fun on it. it takes a lot of time though.

Well I am sooo tired I am going to bed early tonight. oh Bonnie by the way Alex was in August Rush he played in a band. not much of him in it but enough to :pant: love ya'll Raina Snow

Texas Gamma and Sue - you both have wonderful siggys - I think I'll just sit here for awhile and watch them. Gerry still does it for me - and it feels good!

RS - bless your heart. Maybe it won't be as long as you think. Cherish your memories. Who is Alex that's in August Rush?

Swannie - I, too, am sorry about Nathan - and your pain. Nothing hurts like seeing your child hurt or unhappy.

See you Gals later -

:wave: :wave:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY GALS. May it be filled with joy, health, and happiness for all! Another year of drooling over the man that has taken over so many hearts including mine big time! One promise I made to myself was I would try and write more in the support thread since my "special" friends have been on me about not doing so. I will really give it my best shot. So you know who you are - are you going to check up on me???

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

Edited by lugerry

Hi everyone,

I've been in rest mode all day, and it was nice just lying around with the cat. It snowed again last night... only a couple inches this time, and it was so pretty. I sat at my bay window and watched the snow falling for at least an hour.

Thanks for the kind thoughts about Nathan. No, he never complains. I hope and pray that this year is better for him. The break-up between he and Diana has been tough on him.

So when are you all taking down your Christmas decorations? I'm leaving mine up for another week because I have tons of stuff to do this coming week. We've rescheduled my mom's 80th birthday party for the 24th, so we start the planning next week. My hubby is having cataract surgery on the 8th and I have lots of doctor appts to schedule, plus getting my teeth cleaned and some old cavities replaced. I don't mind leaving my decorations up one more week.

I've gotten back to work on my book and hope to really get into it without so many distractions. It would be cool if I came out with Chanson right around the time ALW stages his POTO sequel next year! There would be renewed interest in the Phantom.

Have a great evening everyone!

Swannie

:wave: meeeeee... I am Barbara...I'll be checking up on you! lol

My tree comes down tomorrow :tissues: I wish I could leave it up all year...since getting this smaller tree this year it doesn't take up so much room and I love it...I'd like to leave it up and decorate it with other stuff for all the different seasons but Dan'l thought I had lost my mind...lol...so it comes down tomorrow...oh well.

hugs,

Sue

Irish - thanks for your help with posting replies, colors, tabs, etc. I was about to go nuts!

LuciaVictoria - I tried to PM you about a siggy - and got the message that your are filled to the brim with messages.

Edited by BlueJean

Who is Alex that's in August Rush?

Alex O'Laughlin is the verra hot Australian actor who played vampire Mick St. John in the awesome CBS show Moonlight. (CBS cancelled Moonlight last spring because they are idiots!)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Lots of us GALS are Moonlight fans.

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Oh......er.....ah.......I guess I still have eyes only for Gerry. :wuv: :wuv:

Cheers!

Just gotta say HI and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hi BlueJean....I don't think I've "met" you before. :wave:

Haven't been on in a few days and wanted to get caught up and check on everyone.

My New Years was very quiet...just like Christmas day...spent them both completely on my own, and as "sad" as it may sound, to tell you the truth, this year I really enjoyed the quiet time. I was a bit under the weather and just too tired, so I even skipped the movie on Christmas day which is my usual C'Mas day routine.

But the (once again!), tender swollen throat/neck has gradually been getting worse since Monday, so had to really force myself to get up and go to work every day. Wednesday was the worst. We were only open for 4 hours but I did it. But I could not make it out to my brothers for my niece's 8th birthday party and sleep-over...and on top of it all, the fog was coming in as early as 5pm, and it's just too stressful to drive in. So I hated to miss, but I really was feeling ill. Even missed out on 5 limo runs in one week. That was disappointing.

So, for the third year in a row, I did not stay up to see The Ball drop!! I finally couldn't take any more and went to bed at 1030. And my Tylenol Codene took me all the way thru till the morning without a disturbance! How nice!!

Had a very sad episode on Monday where someone was knocking on the door of the clinic after I'd closed. The little dog had been run over, and it was late and just me, no doctor, and all I could do was give him the number and address to the animal urgent care. It broke my heart to see that sweet little thing, and not knowing what would become of her. It put a damper on my whole week.

I did see a great Hindi film on Sunday in Little India, and one two weekends before starring my two fave Indian "boyfriends"...ShahRukh Khan and Aamir Khan...they are still gorgeous at 43!! :wuv: I love them...and Gerry!

Also saw Slumdog Millionaire...don't know what to say about this one. It's hard watching little children going thru such terrible things...and maddening to think it still goes on in this day and age, and with the authorities either taking part in it or turning a blind eye to it. The "good" part about it is, that one gets to overcome it.

Looking forward to the new film with Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman...It looks good, and it's England, and I love Emma...You wanna go with me JUDE???

Well, goodnite for now...going to bed early.

Best wishes, love and prayers,

Nancy

Posted Image

Happy New Year Galfriends!

I have tried to keep in touch by reading here but I'm always disturbed in my perusal, so, as I have the house to myself....except for Himself reading his Sunday papers, I am determind to add my wishes for a Joyful, Peaceful, and Prosperous New Year!

We had lots of fun with the family and a busy time with the children who have spent quite a lot of the holiday with me as Daddy had the dreaded 'Flu. There is pretty nasty one prevelant here this winter, very few have escaped among our circle of friends but so far Himself and I have been spared as we had the 'jab' in September and I am always put on a precautionary course of antibiotics and steroids if I cough twice. ;)

We have taken down the christmas decorations so my jobs today after church is to strip the rooms and give them a good clean...I know true traits of an OCD, but I can't help it.
Then I have to decide what am I going to do with my spare time now the holidays are over. Could go and visit Suzie and help her and Elissa move 'Gerry McKuel' into his new home, or help Frannie when she moves out of her place, could even visit Nancy and Jude, take in some Indie movies, does Jill live near there?.....then there's Sue and my 'mate' Dan'l, may visit the gym with them or babysit for Jen while she has a few hours rest.....Australia, now who besides Cat and Nay is out there to visit?..... sun and Prawns?
New York is a fun place to 'spend' a few hours then nip over to see if Barbara has the kettle on and the teapot handy and give a shout out to *guest* to join us.
Will Peggy be up for visitors if we pop into Sag Harbour? No good going to see Lish, she is plenty busy. ;) Judy and Jilly in Oregon, Mel and Mousie, and has anyone seen Alice? What about Michelle, do some shopping for her, how are you sweetie?
Take some ice packs for Swan and and Bluejean and others enduring the 'M' word, although this is the best time of year to get hot, plenty of cold air around, it's freezing here today. And being alone sometimes gives one time to reflect, our Gerry treasures his 'alone' time since his climb to fame.
Sally and her family :wuv: special wishes for you. Join Betty Ann on her daily walks in Mississpi, or sip sodas with Diane in Delaware?
Sample the delights of Chicago doing some babysitting for Cassie..............:wave: Wendy in Canada, never been there as yet and to new Galfriends I missed remember you are included too.

Must dash off now, it's just a walk away but I tend to get waylaid on the way down the road,

May the Blessings of the Good Lord shelter and protect you all in 2009,
hugs,
Anna X

Anna! I was just thinking of you. You ARE still here. I've been out of the loop for a while and was wondering what was going on across the water with you and your wonderful hubby and beautiful grand-babies.

Swannie, I'm so sorry about Nathan. I can tell you though, after finally finding the man who makes me whole, he will find his perfect someone someday.

Dan had to wait longer than me... He's 35. He had a bad marriage in his past as well and I think that's part of what makes us so great together. We have similar pasts and have been through the same crap. We 'get' eachother in a way I hadn't found anywhere else than Vegas last year. He was the one who said the other day, "When have you been on that Gerry site? Don't they probably miss you?" So I thought before break was over (Monday... ugh) I should pop back and say hi...

Anyway... I won't be around TOO much, but I'll be here.

Much love... Lugerry... Nancy... Sue... HI!!! :wave:

Oh Anna....I would welcome you with open arms but not to help me move ...just for a lovely visit! The moving part is not a sure thing yet! But I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Lish...you sound so happy and I am so happy for you! This is just an example of things happen for a reason! The second time around is the prize!!

Nancy.. I'm glad to hear that you are getting some much needed rest Sweetie....could it be cause you have had some really good G dreams??? BTW..I tried the chocolate...didn't work! :tantrum: Just ONCE I wish I could have one ...I started to once but he turned into Ty Pennington!! Still can't figure that out! :p

BARBARA...YES!

:wave: Sue, Suz, Cat, Swannie, and Bluejean and anybody I didn't mention...you are all in my thoughts cause after all you are my sistahs!! :cunning:

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

'Mornin, all! Anna, you are more than welcome to come help Gerry M move in! I have special plans for his "condo". The guest room will also be one of the first to be completed in the new house, so come on ahead!

Still on track for closing on the house Friday. I'm starting to pack up the hotel room of non-essentials so we can clear out of there when the time comes. I am trying very hard not to get over excited, but it isn't easy! I've had enough rest - I want to get to work!!! Oh, remember how dissapointed I was to have to delay my move for a week? Well, it turns out the weather is supposed to be horrible the day the movers were scheduled! HA!

Hope all my sweet GALfriends have a great weekend. Y'all stay out of trouble, or if you can't, invite me!!! :pointy:

Suzie

Anna, I would be so honored to have you visit me.I would welcome you with open arms. I'll be waiting for your visit. :)

Posted Image Peggy

:wave: Hi, Attila Girl - Thanks for the hello - nice to "meet" you.

ladyfran - thanks for your greeting and for keeping all us Gals in your thoughts. This is a very friendly website and I'm glad to be here.

I sometimes think I'm getting over my love of Gerry - but I'm not. I can't - don't even want - to let go! Love that man. All of him....all the way.....alll the time.

Cheers!