Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

:wave: Finished my house cleaning, posted some pictures of the children in 'what a doll' thread, time for a spot of decorating in here for the New Year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gerry, 'happy as a sand boy', looks like he had a great Christmas and a great start to the year.

Thank you for the invite sweet Galfriends, you never know I may just visit! :wuv:

It's quite true, this is a 'Gerry' friendly site Bluejean, glad you could join us.

hugs,

Anna x

Looking forward to the new film with Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman...It looks good, and it's England, and I love Emma...You wanna go with me JUDE???

Nancy

SURE!! You know I love Emma and add in Dustin and I'm there!! The trailer looks delightful. BTW..I finally bought the Colin Firth version of Pride & Predjudice...it was marked down at Target!! I watched the first DVD last night and will watch the second this evening. I think I'd like to get the Keira Knightley version too...not as long! Feel better kiddo....bet if you got away from all those dang cats you'd feel much better!! Should we start looking for a new place for you...once again??? :wuv:

:wave: Greetings everyone! Welcome BlueJean!

could even visit Nancy and Jude, take in some Indie movies....

Yahoooo....Anna's coming for a visit!! :butterfly:Anna honey...you'd have to go to the "Indie" movies with Nancy, I'll stick with your English films!!

NFL playoff games start...yeah!! Best part of the season!! :pointy:

:wuv:JUDE

Edited by JUDE

Hope everybody had a good start to the New Year. I was taking dad out today and getting stuff for my trip to LA next week and some idiot decided to crash into the back of us when we were stopped at a roundabout. She said she thought we were moving but I had the break on and we were stationery - does she not know what the red lights are on the back of a car!!!!!!!. Her car is worse off than ours but I dont know how as she really whacked into us and dad and I both really jerked forward. I can feel pain in my shoulder and a bit of my neck so I hope I don't have whiplash.

For those Doctor Who fans amongst us they have picked David Tenant's replacement for the 11th Doctor and he will be on our screens in 2010. He is a relative newcomer called Matt Smith and is the youngest ever at 26. He has been in a few things but nothing major. His pic is in the link below - bit weird looking but hey good luck to the guy but he has alot to live up to - I have all of 2009 to get used to David leaving.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...5.ece?#EMC-Bltn

One day left of my xmas holidays and back to work Monday for 4 days then off to LA next Friday for the Golden Globes. Dad wanted me to still go so hopefully mum will cope. My sis was going to come back up from London for the weekend but decided mum had to learn to cope on her own!!!!. I was a bit miffed as I felt it was more for my peace of mind so I could go away and not worry too much but cest la vie as they say.

Moira

Oh Anna, pleeeeaaaassseeee come out here sweetie....I will make sure you are warm and comfortable (and of course that goes for any of you)!!! I got a phone call from my cousin in New York last night...she and another one of our cousins are planning to come visit me and Dan'l in February...she said she's freezing back east and needs to come west to thaw out!

Nancy, I have to agree with Jude sweetie...if you are allergic to cats you are never going to feel 100% well when you work around them all day. I have become totally attached to Sadie (remember my starving kitty that adopted me and that I tried to find a good home for?) Well, I still can't let her in my house which breaks my heart but I have started getting allergy shots again so that I can pet her and she gets some of my lovin every day!

BlueJean, we are fanmily here on GALS...and we are so glad you and Shamrocked have joined us!

Frannie, my prayers are still being said that you WILL be moving back to New York real soon!!! And than I'm going to come visit both you and Peggie some day!!!

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

Oh Moira, what a drag...I hope neither of you have any lasting pain from this accident...

Have fun at the Golden Globes and we will keep your mom and dad in our prayers while you're gone....

hugs,

Sue

I've got the grandkids left Blues.~~ :wuv: I have been so bored and laying in bed almost all day listening to books on tape and then tried to watch a movie and finally got up. I use to be this way everytime the kids left and went home. Its the pits.

Blue Jean what ya doing today? Sue, I hope Dans test show good resultes. Yvonne is so down still and Ken is so sick. I have asked her to take him to Birmingham al to the uab there they can find anything. But he has to have his hip operated on first. bummer. I didn't walk today it has rained all day. I could go now but I don't want to. RE: the blues.

I guess I better find something to do. I don't want to eat. I would go in there right now and eat a whole pie if I had it. lemon merinque. haha love ya'll Raina Snow

Moira, sorry about your accident, hopefully neither you nor your dad suffer any lasting effects.

Thanks for the link to the Doctor Who article. I still can't believe David is leaving! :tissues: I will keep an open mind about the new guy....I will.....I will....I will.....maybe! :(

Suzie

Betts, sweetie, I know...I think I have the same blues....except I did keep busy today (I think that is what I do when I have the blues...lol...CLEAN)...my house is grateful.

Anna- You are welcome to visit here anytime! Thanks for the lovely beach decorations! :wuv:

Moira-I'm so sorry about your accident. Take care of your shoulder and neck. :hugs:

Fran- I hope it works out for you to move back to New York. :)

:wave: Bluejean- Welcome to the support center!

Hugs to all! :)

LISCIOUS!!!!!! I knew you would find a real man! You soooooo deserve it, sweetheart! I am so happy for you!

Now I have a question for you ladies over 40..... do women really survive menopause? Because right now, I have my doubts. Between the hot-flashes, night sweats, irritability and nightmares... it's been 2 weeks since I've had more than 3 hours of sleep a night. This is awful. If men had to go through this.... you can bet your arse there would be a cure!

Swannie

Swannie, have faith. You will survive. We will all pray for your strenght, courage and peace of mind during this time.

Sandy

:comfort: Sorry Moira about your accident, I hate rearend accidents, (if you pardon innuendo!) I hope you and your Dad won't suffer any after effects. Lucky you Galfriend off to the sun in LA. You beat me to the Dr Who news but here is another site that contains two pictures, he is better looking than this, bad photo's I fear, when he played opposite Billie Piper in TV drama he was very good...and he seems like a decent sort of chap too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandra...ound-brand.html

Betty Ann, I agree with Sue, try something like sorting out your sewing box or a cupboard or drawer that needs a clearout, it always keeps me engrossed, I used to travel 720 miles round trip to visit my Lulu once a month....then we moved closer to her, but not solely just for that reason, but to be closer to my daughter too.

Off to clean places I missed yesterday, so glad I live in a cottage, so easy to maintain. Children are back to school Wednesday, Lulu is coming over tomorrow to stay, we have some jobs to do together.......she is rather a good cake maker, she's been able to crack eggs since she was 3yrs old, mostly no shell too! Taught by Mummy, I cannot take that credit.

Hugs to all who need some comfort,

Anna X

Anna, your daughter needs to teach me to crack eggs. I still get pieces of shell!

Betts, when my grandbabies were little, they lived in Alaska. I saw them twice in four years! Talk about major upset when they went home!! I never knew when I would see them again. None of us could afford to fly back and forth at that time. Sadly, by the time we all got "flush" enough to travel, the children had grown up. NEVER miss an opportunity to spend time with loved ones!!

Thank you all for the holiday pictures. They were wonderful!

Sunday hugs to everyone, whether you need it or not.

Suzie

Hello GALS:

Hope this day finds you all safe.

Moira: Sorry to hear about your car

accident. The same thing happened

to by brother and I years ago when we were

wating at a stop light. It was pretty scary.

Have fun at the Golden Globes! How exciting.

Shamrock: I'm with you. No way would I

be in that cold weather just to watch a ball

drop. I love your Siggie by the way. Yum! :drool1:

Jude: I love the version with Colin Firth in it.

Have you seen him in Momma Mia? Fun movie. :music:

Raina: Grandkids are so much fun to have around.

Mine were here yesterday and spent the night. I am

so blessed to have them live so close.

Swannie: As parents we sure want to shelter our kids

and make all pain go away dont we? I wish it was that

easy. Hugs for Nathan.

Frannie: I feel your pain. As much as I care for and think

of Gerry on a daily basis, I too have never had a dream

of him. :tissues: What is up with that?? However I seem to dream

of Hugh Jackman a lot. Loved him in Australia.

Anna: Love the beach picks. Hes just so darn cute I could

just eat him up. Sounds like your going to be doing a lot

of traveling to see all the GALS. Dont forget my house.

I'm so glad you got your flu shots and so far have eluded

the pesky bug. :lalala:

Must go shopping now. Need ink for my printer, and socks,

and what ever else I want.

:hugskisses:

Debbie

Hi everyone and Happy Sunday

Gosh ladies I'm here again in the same week.

Thank you Frannie, Sue, Anna and Lish for caring that I am here.

Lish - Best Wishes on your engagement - he is getting a very special girl - you rocked my world in Vegas and I love you for that!

Anna - I hope to be coming your way in a year or two at the most. If I fly over all that water I want to see it all. Love your decorations - he does decorate here well!

Nancy - Chocolate works for me too - Frannie hasn't had the same luck. I wish she would have her Gerry moment soon!

Sue - Your siggies are so beautiful - Frannie was a great teacher - I wish I was as talented.

Frannie - My sister in crime - you know how special you are to me.

Peg - Hope you are taking care

Susan - Thanks for all the information!

Moria - sorry about your accident - hope you are fine - have a grand time at the Golden Globes

One last note - I heard from a friend in Florida (after I sent her to the beach - she doesn't belong yet and I'm working on it) that she "ALMOST" saw Gerry on the beach - she said the paparazzi were all over him and his group. The paparazzi told her what hotel he was at and that he was leaving today, etc. and so forth. How do they find out all this stuff she wanted to know?

For those who need hugs and prayers - I have you all on my list. I may not always post about it all the time but you ALL are never far from my good thoughts & prayers.

Hugs, Barbara :D

Edited by lugerry

Oh Suzie that is far away. I can't stand it them living in Texas but I have no control over their lives. Hannah is driving and drove all the while she was here and drove back to Shreveport la to meet monica half way. she is a good driver she will have her liscense next year.

its so warm here and cloudy going to rain 2 more days. I am so sick of rain. it don't seem like winter now. And Gerald can't get that house done unless it stops raining and dries out the new boards on the porches so they are not damp to prime. Oh he needs the money from that house.

He did fix the heating element on my stove so I have that now but still now microwave or dishwasher. I can live without the dishwasher and I think I am going to Walmart get a little microwave to put on the counter and leave that old up hanging up over the stove and if the one on the counter goes out just unplug it and get another.

Hope ya'll are well, there is nothing new here. so I am going for now ttyl Raina SNow

Hi Gals - I've been reading all your posts and joining in with compassion for Raina Snow - and her grandkids. I miss my family all the time - some in GA, some in WA, some right here in Colorado. But I do get to see the CO loved ones more than if they were in another state. I still say, Betts, you may see them sooner than you're expecting right now. Keep hope alive.

Since I've had this cold (or whatever it is) I have no taste - except chocolate. Now, most people when they can't taste, they don't eat......not moi! I keep thinking "I'll try some of this" or "maybe if I eat a little more". And when all else fails - I head for the chocolate.

I'm watching the miniseries that was on HBO some time ago - John Adams. I really like early American history and it's a good way to stay in and try to get well.

Hope you're all enjoying this day!

Cheers, Gals

Hi ladies,

I've been pretty crabby lately, and don't want to drag all that in here, but I just wanted to mention that my mom, my sister and I saw Benjamin Button yesterday, and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! WHAT A Movie! This is the kind of film that only comes along every 20 years or so. No film has moved me this much since POTO, and it even has some Phantomish moments. If you haven't seen it and you love mythic stories with real life meaning and depth, see this film. I believe the story outshone any individual performance. Brad Pitt was good in the title role with an understated delivery.... but it is the story and how it is told which IMO, is brilliant. BTW, I was surprised to learn that the film is based on a book by F Scott Fitzgerald.

I am taking hubby to see the film later in the week.

I hope you all have a lovely evening,

Swannie

Hi everyone! I was supposed to work the 3-11 shift today, but got off at 7. Tomorrow, hubby and I are driving to Houston for the funeral of my friend who passed away last week, so I was glad to get off early so I can pack. We're only going over for one night. The visitation is tomorrow evening and the funeral is Tuesday morning. I'm taking my laptop, so I'll be able to look in on GALS and check email, etc.

Raina, I understand how you feel about being away from your grandchildren. I haven't got any grandchildren, but I sure do miss my daughter! I enjoyed her being home for Christmas so much! I was really depressed when she left to to back to Los Angeles! I guess it will get easier over time, at least that's what they say. :unsure:

Hugs to all!

Elissa, my sincere condolence to you on the loss of your friend, our dear friends are sometimes in a part of our heart that even family don't understand. They have shared so many of our secrets, hopes and fears, take time to grieve, and take care on your journey, love ya sweetie. :wuv: A little something to make you smile, Lulu had to send email thank you cards as she told Mummy 'it takes a year for post to reach America'....better dash off send out my christmas cards for 2009!

Raina come and visit the 'What a doll thread' and post some pics of your beloved grandchildren there, we would be thrilled to see them, do come and share with us.

Swan I read the short story of 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' when I was a teenager and I can remember having some serious discussions about the philosophy, practicality and the physical dynamics of being 'born old'. May try to see this movie if it doesn't scramble my poor old brain too much!

:wave: Hi there Cat, I can always travel in my dreams can't I? And I always feel I have visited all my Galfriends when I come in here and 'chat'. :wuv:

Betty Ann why is it when one electrical appliance gives out the others all give out in sympathy?

Off to give the dust a stir....and we have Snow this morning too! Well a little dusting but definately snow.

hugs to all this brrrrrr day!

Anna X

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

David and I saw Benjamin Button the weekend after Christmas - excellent movie - very thought provoking. I didn't always agree with the decisions the characters made in their lives, but then isn't that the way it is in real life? Brad Pitt is wonderful and Cate Blanchett is just luminous in the film. We highly recommend it (but remember, it is nearly 3 hours long so go prepared for that).

Anna, Bonnie, Lady Elissa, thanks for the thoughts on my kids, I don't have any way to put any pics right now Hannah is supposed to be sending me one of me with my weight loss but I dont' know if she has any of her she put one on the top of my cell phone but I dont know if I can send them to the computer at least they didn't say I could. so I will have to get some next time they come I forgot this time to take any on the digital I was so wrapped up in spending time with them. I have one of Hannah and I before I lost weight trying on my old hats. its one year old though. and I was a chunky thing. I gained 1 1/2 pounds today but I am going to re do how I eat and what and try to stop losing one and gaining one and losing it again. sometimes your body does that. But I won't give up !!! :takeitoff:Its raining and damp and cold here. I managed to walk 35 mins already and I am making agood supper tonight. back to the hospital tues and weds. and I get a massage on thursday OH I can't wait. :hmm:Well ya'll be good if you can, stay warm and love ya'll Raina Snow Betts(betty ann to you Anna) ( that by the way is my real name not betty but betty ann. my whole family calls me betty ann. it got changed when I became a southerner. :humph: I don't mind I have been called worse by customers when I worked, for no reason what so ever too. )

Ok... so let me start by saying I'm alive.

I got super busy with life and was AWOL for a while. Nursing school, The boy, the puppy... and I got a new man. He is in face, the sweetest, most wonderful being on this planet. I met him on another forum for an author I've come to enjoy and we started out chatting about divorce, as he recently became single as well. Things progressed and he visited in August. (He's from Washington originally) He moved here the end of September. We plan on getting married June 2010.

Anyhoo... Here I am. :reddeath2:

Lish your siggy is beautiful...

HI I AM MISTAYA I HAVEN'T POSTED MUCH BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY I HAVE ENJOYED THE PICS OF GERRY IN MIAMI VERY VERY MUCH. THANKS TO THE GAL OR GALS OR EVEN NON GAL THAT GAVE US SUCH RECENT PICTURES OF THE MASTER. I ALSO WANTED TO SEE IF MY NEW SIGGY WORKED RIGHT. PAISLEYSCOT MADE IT FOR ME. THANKS PAISLEY!!! DEDE

HI I AM MISTAYA I HAVEN'T POSTED MUCH BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY I HAVE ENJOYED THE PICS OF GERRY IN MIAMI VERY VERY MUCH. THANKS TO THE GAL OR GALS OR EVEN NON GAL THAT GAVE US SUCH RECENT PICTURES OF THE MASTER. I ALSO WANTED TO SEE IF MY NEW SIGGY WORKED RIGHT. PAISLEYSCOT MADE IT FOR ME. THANKS PAISLEY!!! DEDE

i guess i did not add my siggy correctly to my control page if anyone can help please let me know thanks dede thanks auntm and frannie for the welcome and help with my siggy dede

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo252/p...RainSiggy-1.gif

Edited by mistaya