Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Well, siggie or not, it's good to have you here, mistaya. And YES! The pictures have been rapid and FINE here lately, haven't they? Welcome to ya -- and I look forward to seeing you (and your siggie) here again!

Hi ladies! :wave: Hope you are all starting the first week in January very very well!

:menkilt:

Jill

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Mistaya - I tried to help with your siggy but when I click on the link it says the image has been removed. Hopefully with Lady Elissa's instructions you'll be able to fix it the next time you are here.

Good morning my friends...It is a beautiful day here in Redding....the skies are so blue and the mountains are all covered with snow. I love days like this....especially when the CAT Scan results showed that my Dan'l is stable!! (We don't see the doctor until February so I'll know more than...but for now I thank God for the word STABLE that I see on the report!!!!)

Posted Image to GALS and especially to the support center Dede! Here at GALS it doesn't take long before you will become an expert at posting siggies and pictures...

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Daniel is stable! Music to my ears, Sue! ( Ev masterworks of art for my eyes... ;) )

I'm being celebrated here with wonderful posts, - I'm so touched!

And Bjørn surprised me with driving all the way up here bringing a beautiful cake he made himself last night + an extra pressie! :D

They all celebrated me before they went home after the Holidays but this was such a great gift to me, - I'm truly blessed! He'll be driving home later this evening so I am a VERRA lucky mum for him to take all this time and money... Geeze, - before you all go belly up and get nausea I'd better stop.... :blush:

My heartfelt hugs of comfort to all missing loved ones and having the after-Xmas-blues!

And some extra hugs all around for new and old posters, - love you gals!

Warm squishies from proud mamma :hug1:

Perhaps I should have done this in the wee-thread..? *Starts digging self down*

Ahhh EM, well, I think it is wonderful...not all sons would do that!!!! But I know what special sons you have!

Bryan called me last night and we video chatted with B2 running around with his horsies...the only time he would stop and talk to gramma was when I put a horse up in front of the camera...lol

(probably should be in the wee thread too...oh well)..lol

love you!

hugs,

sue

Hi everyone,

Not much going on, just thought I would stop in and say hello. Our weather is now more typical for Portland, just rain.

I've been doing some reading about menopause and hot flashes, and I've decided to try exercise and deep breathing techniques before I go for the HRT method for relief. I actually had to start sleeping upstairs in the spare room, because dear hubby's snoring has been adding to my insomnia I wake up with a hot flash and can't get back to sleep because of his snoring.... and besides, I'm no fun in bed anymore.... too much tossing and turning and yanking the blankets off and on! LOL. So now I just stay with Bill until he goes to sleep and then I go upstairs. At least I get a few hours.

Today I am doing housework and writing, but tomorrow I'm having lunch with all of my sisters. We are putting the final touches on my mom's 80th birthday party which will be on the 24th.

Hello to all the regulars and the new GALS posting in the Support Center!

Swannie

Hi everyone! I was supposed to work the 3-11 shift today, but got off at 7. Tomorrow, hubby and I are driving to Houston for the funeral of my friend who passed away last week, so I was glad to get off early so I can pack. We're only going over for one night. The visitation is tomorrow evening and the funeral is Tuesday morning. I'm taking my laptop, so I'll be able to look in on GALS and check email, etc.

Raina, I understand how you feel about being away from your grandchildren. I haven't got any grandchildren, but I sure do miss my daughter! I enjoyed her being home for Christmas so much! I was really depressed when she left to to back to Los Angeles! I guess it will get easier over time, at least that's what they say. :unsure:

Hugs to all!

My Condolences on the loss of your friend Lady "E". I know this is a hard time for you! So close to the holidays and having to travel to something that is not a very happy get together, God Bless and take care of you and your family. God Bless and take good care of the family of your friend. Loss is always very hard!

Hugs,

Joanna

Oh Suzie that is far away. I can't stand it them living in Texas but I have no control over their lives. Hannah is driving and drove all the while she was here and drove back to Shreveport la to meet monica half way. she is a good driver she will have her liscense next year.

its so warm here and cloudy going to rain 2 more days. I am so sick of rain. it don't seem like winter now. And Gerald can't get that house done unless it stops raining and dries out the new boards on the porches so they are not damp to prime. Oh he needs the money from that house.

He did fix the heating element on my stove so I have that now but still now microwave or dishwasher. I can live without the dishwasher and I think I am going to Walmart get a little microwave to put on the counter and leave that old up hanging up over the stove and if the one on the counter goes out just unplug it and get another.

Hope ya'll are well, there is nothing new here. so I am going for now ttyl Raina SNow

Raina Snow,

I am praying for the stupid rain to stop long enough for the work to get done for you. I hate the rain when it's all the time!!! We have had a lot of snow and since I don't HAVE to drive in it like I used to, I love it!!! But not for my Grand daughter and my children. People drive like idiots usually. But worse when it is snowing!! They think because they have four wheel drive that it's okay to drive worse then they usually do!!! But, I have my prayer wheel going for the GALS here, I love ya all!!

You take care of yourself lovely lady and I will not forget you for a minute!!!

Hugs,

Joanna

Rain, rain go away......It's just very, very cold here in Colorado. At least the wind isn't blowing. I know you and Gerald would like for him to be able to get that job finished, RS. When is the "dry" season there?

I'm still working at getting this place clean for my Life Group tonight. Hope they don't look too closely. I spend way too much time on this computer. But I'd sure miss it if I didn't have it.

Just checking in again for the umpteenth time today. Just don't wanta' miss anything Gerry.

See you Gals later

Hugs to all

P.S. - Joanna - I just noticed your avatar - ooooooo-eeeeeee. Seems like he'd get tired after awhile!

Edited by BlueJean

Rain, rain go away......It's just very, very cold here in Colorado. At least the wind isn't blowing. I know you and Gerald would like for him to be able to get that job finished, RS. When is the "dry" season there?

I'm still working at getting this place clean for my Life Group tonight. Hope they don't look too closely. I spend way too much time on this computer. But I'd sure miss it if I didn't have it.

Just checking in again for the umpteenth time today. Just don't wanta' miss anything Gerry.

See you Gals later

Hugs to all

P.S. - Joanna - I just noticed your avatar - ooooooo-eeeeeee. Seems like he'd get tired after awhile!

:wave: I hope not!!! I love to see him do that Lil' dance!!! He is so gorgeous!! And when his eyes go up, all I can think is how I'd jump him right at that moment!! And that beautiful body!!! :drool1::yummy::heat::thud: I love Gerry's chest!!, and his adorable tummy!!!! The man is "IT"!!!!!! My ALL!! If I could get the whole dance of that scene on there, I'd do it!!! But I am still a baby on the computer!!! So, I settle for the bit I have! He is too, too gorgeous doing that!! It's hard for me to change. I fell head over heels in love with Bethy's siggy and it took me almost a year to change to the one I have now that Beachie made for me. I absolutely love that sepia of Gerry!!!! I am not a big changing person from what I love. Someday I'll see a new possible avatar and I'll get the powers that be to help me change it!!! But right now. I love to see our Gerry dance!! He is incredible!!! If he gets too tired, I'll volunteer to give him a free massage!!!

:naughty: Did I say that naughty thing? OOPS!!

Hugs Sweetie,

Joanna

Hi everyone! I was supposed to work the 3-11 shift today, but got off at 7. Tomorrow, hubby and I are driving to Houston for the funeral of my friend who passed away last week, so I was glad to get off early so I can pack. We're only going over for one night. The visitation is tomorrow evening and the funeral is Tuesday morning. I'm taking my laptop, so I'll be able to look in on GALS and check email, etc.

Raina, I understand how you feel about being away from your grandchildren. I haven't got any grandchildren, but I sure do miss my daughter! I enjoyed her being home for Christmas so much! I was really depressed when she left to to back to Los Angeles! I guess it will get easier over time, at least that's what they say. :unsure:

Hugs to all!

My Condolences on the loss of your friend Lady "E". I know this is a hard time for you! So close to the holidays and having to travel to something that is not a very happy get together, God Bless and take care of you and your family. God Bless and take good care of the family of your friend. Loss is always very hard!

Hugs,

Joanna

Thanks, Joanna. :hearts: I just got back about 30 minutes ago. I enjoyed seeing my friend's family and some old acquaintances I hadn't seen in several years. The service was at the church where we met and became friends 38 years ago, so it was truly old home week.

Joanna - I think one of his sexiest times in PSILY was when he was dancing and there was a close-up of him with his head kinda' down and he's lookin' at Holly - then the dumb suspender snaps! I stop my DVD and just stare at him staring at her! I love that movie - except for the part with William - always FF through that and go to the bathroom, get a glass of chardonnay - whew - back just in time!

Awww, I love William in PSILY. I didn't like Daniel quite as much, though.

Elissa, glad you and Bill are home safely. Let me know if you feel up to our weekly Gerry Day Out tomorrow.

Suzie

Hi all Dede welcome to GALS enjoy. Jill, susan, Lady Elissa, Swannie, I have not slept in the same room with Gerald in 20 years. He snores and I had shift work at the phone co and could not get any sleep and now he coughs so much I can hear him 2 rooms away and he has sleep apnea I think and won't go to the dr. or he has empyzema? I want him to get a chest xray. he smokes a lOT> Bonnie, have a good night it turned cold here at 430pm temp dropped from 75 to 59 in over an hour the rain stopped and the wind stopped now its cold going to be cold tomorrow. I have to volunteer again and have to get up early. then to the dentist :bleh:

E.M. how R you my friend cold? Joanna I miss you thanks for trying to get the sun out!!! :butterfly:

Sue I am so glad to know you see B2 I wish my kids were back home I know ya'll are sick of hearing me say that. I can't help it :needhug:

Well nothing else new here, thursday I have a massage :seeyou: can't wait. love ya'll Raina Snow

Hello all my Lovely Gals!! Haven't been here in a couple of days but I've been around lurking! Actually I haven't been feeling all that great .... just allergies mostly but Chest pain is usually from my hernia! I'll live though.

Betts...I feel for ya Sweetie. I do have the one Grandchild here but even then I don't get to see her that often... But the baby...my youngest one..will be in college before I get to see him again I guess!! :tantrum: Unless of course If the good Lord's willing and the well don't dry I am able to sell this place and get back to my "roots"

Suz.....when you moving in? The pictures are gorgeous...or did I already tell you?? You know this old mind of mine is getting foggier by the day! :lalala:

:wave: Joanna, nice to see you Sweetie! and BlueJean, Elissa, and Swannie and Sue....Swannie...I feel bad for ya Sweetie..I've been there!!! :doh: Night sweats are the worst!!!

{{{{HUGS}}} Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

the CAT Scan results showed that my Dan'l is stable!! (We don't see the doctor until February so I'll know more than...but for now I thank God for the word STABLE that I see on the report!!!!)Sue

That's what we LOVE to hear too, Sue!! Thank God!

Frannie...feel better hon, I know it's always something! Today, I woke up with a sore throat... :tantrum:

Sheesh ;) ...everyone sure changes their siggies a lot around here!! I'm not ever parting with my Gerry Beowulf! :beo:

:wuv:JUDE

Jude - all that siggy changing is thanks to the amazingly talented artists who share their goods with us all in the Siggy Piggy Club. Even though I can make a decent basic siggy I'm so often blown away by the beautiful work of others that I have to grab a new siggy (or two or ten) to use. I still have a couple I nabbed but haven't used (to those I got them from - I do know which ones they are and I will definitely use them!)

Sue- that is wonderful news about Dan'l's CAT scan. What a way to start the new (and better) year!

I love William in PSILY. I love JDM, think he looks like such a puppy dog and he seems like a great and fun guy too (in real life). I love his smile - those dimples!! He isn't Gerry, but then of course nobody is except Gerry himself! I thought the character of William was so wonderful and understanding and sensitive with Holly in the movie, just the kind of guy she needed for her first venture with another man after losing her amazing husband. I know our own Dr. Em has quite a big soft spot for JDM herself!

Gotta run, still at work and have an early day tomorrow full of meetings, so must get home and get a little rest.

I liked all the male characters in PSILY but I have a question: does anyone besides me think it

is a bit far-fetched that William did not know who Holly was? I mean Gerry was his best friend

and he was there when Gerry was singing to Holly. That has always bothered me. I think he

would have known. Even if it had been 10 years and they didn't keep in touch. On the other-

hand, men..........

J.

HELLO EVERYONE THAT TRIED TO HELP ME FIX MY SIGGY I THINK IT WORKED! I THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HELPED ME WITH THE SIGGY PROBLEM. THIS SIGGY IS BY PAISLEYSCOT I REALLY LIKE IT. DEDE

:wave:

It's a fabulous siggy Mistaya!!!

Judy, I thought the whole bit with William was a wee bit far fetched...but he is cute eye candy!!! lol

hugs,

Sue

I have to agree Judy, I thought it odd that William wouldn't know Holly was Gerry's girl.

beejay

Sue sweetie learning of your news from Daniel's latest scan is wonderful, Praise be to God, a fantastic way to start this new year. My prayers will continue for you both.

Eva Mari, if I have one regret in my life it is that I never had a Bjørn, :wuv: sorry Son, after my daughter was born I was never blessed again, and after a couple of years I unfortunately had to undergo a hysterectomy. To say it broke my heart was an understatement.

Through my daughter I now have 'my boy', my little TJ.

My take on PSILY is totally different, I wasn't happy with the filmed version, Gerry was wonderful, but I prefered the book as was, sorry!

Brrr it's freezing here,

hugs to all, :wave: Welcome to the new Galfriends,Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Just warming up this place!

Anna X

I kept an open mind, but I liked the book better, too Anna. I missed the parts when Holly was with her family and such. They changed things a LOT.

But William? I thought he was a TOTAL hottie. Must have been too busy that night to remember Holly. It's a little strange.

Betts, good to see you around here too!!!

Everyone has such great siggies!!! Mine IS beautiful. Linda (Givemeabeach) made it and I snatched it up. I'm the resident "princess" for those who don't know me. I have a bit of a 'thing' for fairytales.