Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
bellawolfe

The Gerry Angel Tour -Scotty McCool tours for the Toys for Tots!

To date, the GALS Charitable Foundation has raised $5,100 for the Toys for Tots Foundation bringing Christmas joy to children that otherwise would not have received a single gift!

When I started the GerryUSA tour, I had no idea just how big the hearts of the members of this website were. I am constantly amazed by the compassion of the women who proudly wear the moniker of a GAL. :wuv: Here we are starting our third tour to support the Toys for Tots, what an incredible road we have paved!

The 2009 tour is a very special tour. The doll that will be touring was donated to GALS by the cousin of one of our members after she had unexpectedly passed away. For anyone who had the unique gift to know Dee*s 2nd Childhood like some of us did, you would know what a gift true frendship is. I am honored to be the personal assistant to Scotty McCool as he starts his tour for charity. I know that Dee will be smiling down upon us all as he makes his way from heart to heart and home to home.

I'd like to thank AimeeMarie for naming this year's tour, she's got a gift with words! :wuv:

For all who are gracious enough to volunteer as host or hostess for Scotty, please remember that this doll is irreplaceable. I've heard tale of GerryUSA & Jack McRover's wild adventures . . . Scotty can have wild adventures too, but let's just make sure that we remember who he belonged to, and that many of us GALS are really going to be looking forward to the chance to win him and give him a home again.

Below is the 2009 Gerry Angel Charity Tour Schedule, please PM me or reply with the dates that you would like to host Scotty McCool.

January

7th - 13th Waiting for a host . . .

14th - 20th Joy Los Angeles, CA

21st - 27th Still with Joy!

28th - 3rd STILL with Joy!

February

4th - 10th Joy

11th - 17th Joy[Valentine's Day]

18th - 24th Joy[Mardi Gras]

25th - 3rd Joy

March

4th - 10th Traveling to Dayna to meet Luvi

11th - 17th Luvi in California CUT! 2009

18th - 24th Bella to pick up his touring clothes etc.[st. Patrick's Day]

25th - 31st Cassie in Chicago[/color

April

1st - 7th Additional travel time for Cassie

8th - 14th Sapphyre Easter Sunday

15th - 21st Still in Nashville with Sappyre for a Ren Faire

22nd - 28th DonnaLee

May

29th - 5th Sapphyre if we have no May volunteers.

6th - 12th Mother's Day

13th - 19th Bellawolfe Disneyland Trip

20th - 26th Memorial Day

27th - 2nd

June

3rd - 9th Paisleyscot -Reno

10th - 16th [Traveling to Vegas]

17th - 23rd [Traveling to Vegas]

24th - 30th Texas Gramma & Lady Elissa VEGAS '09!

July

1st - 7th [Reserved for travel to England]

8th - 14th Anna in England

15th - 21st [Reserved for travel to the next host.]

22nd - 28th Susan~Sporran Comic Con

August

29th - 4th Susan to Spot

5th - 11th HeIsMyGSpot vacation in Alaska

12th - 18th Return from Alaska

19th - 25th Poppy in Massachusetts

26th -1st Attila Girl

September

2nd - 8th Bermos in California for her Birthday Bash!

9th - 15th Forbes Girl Colorado Scottish Festival

16th -22nd OPEN

23rd -29th Miss S -MO

October

30th -6th WendyKate Orange County, CA

7th - 13th Sapphyre Tennessee

14th - 20th Jd55 in Idaho

21st -27th Scorpio613

28th -3rd [Halloween] Binkie [right?! Vegas confuzzled my mind!]

November

4th - 10th Aimee & Misty in Colorado for Aimee's B-day

11th - 17th Susan~Sporran Phantom Pheast [Gerry's Birthday]

18th -24th Jd55 in Idaho

25th - 4th GBPhanatic -Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands [Thanksgiving Day]

December

5th - 8th Travel back to Bella -all gifts should have been mailed to be included in the raffle.

9th - 15th Gerry Angel Charity Raffle on GALS

16th - [Weather permitting] Scotty is mailed to his new home!

:hearts:

~Bella

Edited by bellawolfe

Hi Bella,

I would love to help you out. If he's available, I'll take him Jan 24th through Jan 31th.

Just let me know when he is ready to explore.

God Bless,

Sherrell/Bermos

Bella, Elissa and I sent you a PM about taking Scotty for the week of the Vegas Convention. Dee and Scotty roomed with (Anna's) Butler, Gerry M. and me in Vegas 2007 shortly before Dee passed away. Scotty, Butler, Gerry M. and Elissa's A.J. became good buds, and Anna has agreed to send Butler so they can all have a reunion. Anna will contact you about having Scotty return to England with Butler so Scotty can visit some of the gorgeous, historic places near her.

Thanks,

Suzie, Elissa, Gerry M. and A.J.

I wasn't fortunate enough to have known her, but I got choked up at Dee's memorial video at the convention. She was obviously someone who was special and loved GINORMOUSLY.

I'd love to take him for a week. I would like to have him the last weekend of March, so whenever that falls in your scheduling, please put me in.

Thanks!!! Let me know!

Lisa

Okay, wow everyone is all excited!!

AWESOME!!

I'm near tears just thinking of how Dee would react to all of this!

:crybaby:

The weeks are now up, I am just looking up Vegas dates to add Suzie & crew in for Vegas!

Sherrell ~ Please let me know what weekend you need, we discovered with GerryUSA that we have to have the boys mailed in the middle of the week so that the host/hostesses have the weekend free to tour. :)

Lisa ~ I'll add you in ASAP! Thank you for your continued support!!

~Bella

If Scotty would like to take an impromptu trip to Ireland with his cousins, Terry and Creedy, to see cousin Beo, we'd love to have him tag along. There's a great possibility we'll be making a day trip to Scotland, as well. He'd have to be to Tulsa by 2/28 in order to make the trip and should be prepared to stay visiting with these cousins until March 13, 2009. (That is to say there's no way he'll be shipped to anyone else before 3/13) If he can visit that long, please add me to the list, Bells!

*fond memories of Dee* *sigh*

Thanks for doing this in her memory, Bella.

ETS: Vegas is 6/25-27, 2009

*Does Happy Dance* YAY! Thanks!

If Scotty would like to take an impromptu trip to Ireland with his cousins, Terry and Creedy, to see cousin Beo, we'd love to have him tag along. There's a great possibility we'll be making a day trip to Scotland, as well. He'd have to be to Tulsa by 2/28 in order to make the trip and should be prepared to stay visiting with these cousins until March 13, 2009. (That is to say there's no way he'll be shipped to anyone else before 3/13) If he can visit that long, please add me to the list, Bells!

*fond memories of Dee* *sigh*

Thanks for doing this in her memory, Bella.

ETS: Vegas is 6/25-27, 2009

Thanks Holly!!

I got Jack's items today, so I will be shipping him to Bonnie hopefully tomorrow!

This tour isn't about how many places we can cram into Scotty's schedule. It's about remembering the importance of our friendships made through Gerry and the GALS website. I want [obviously] as many GALS that want to host to get the opportunity, but I want Scotty to have the most special tour because he's touring for Dee -keeping her memory alive and striking up new bonds of friendship along the way!

The money we end up raising for the Toys for Tots will be icing on the cake! :wuv:

~Bella

Thanks, Bells! He's gonna have a great time in Hollywood!!!

Lisa

Your welcome!!

I hope with all the Gerry movies opening in 2009, that one of our Cali GALS can get Scotty in a photo with Gerry! How cool would that be??

~Bella

ETA: A group shot of all the GALS in attendance WITH Scotty and Gerry would be the best!

Edited by bellawolfe

Hey Bella - we are doing an extra-special birthday celebration for our Phantom Pheast on November 14, 2009 - as it is not only Gerry's 40th but also the 5th anniversary of the release of Phantom on the big screen so I'd love it if Scotty could be in attendance!

Hey Bella - we are doing an extra-special birthday celebration for our Phantom Pheast on November 14, 2009 - as it is not only Gerry's 40th but also the 5th anniversary of the release of Phantom on the big screen so I'd love it if Scotty could be in attendance!

I've got you listed!

Hey, I have a really great Phantom drink label from Halloween I can scan for you. It says "Phantom Drink" or something -it looks really cool! I was waiting to find the right bottle before using it.

~Bella

That'll be great!

*Does Happy Dance* YAY! Thanks!

*Another Happy Dance*

Dee was a blessing. I was fortunate to know her and look forward to being a part of this event in her honor.

Hi Bella,

Could have please take Scotty the week of August 19 to the 25th?

Thanks, Linda

Bella, could Scotty perhaps come to Idaho sometime in October? Preferably the week of the 17th? I would love to have him honor my birthday with his presense. Let me know. Jd55. Hope to see you in Vegas next June!

I believe I have everyone added that has made a request thus far. :)

I'm not sure when I will host Scotty yet . . . I am waiting to figure out when they are going to start filming New Moon in Vancouver. I thought it might be nice to try and get Robert Pattinson's autograph and a photo of him holding Scotty.

~Bella

I'll like to have ole Scotty for Memorial Day week please. I want this date as a just in case I can't get him for the date I REALLY want. I'm taking a trip to Disney so I'll be pm'ing one of you gals to ask if I could switch the date w/you. Pweetttttyyy pweeezzzeeeee!!!!

I was fortunate enough to meet Dee and she was such a nice person to know. It's still so sad to know that we lost one of our GALS.

Cassie

I wanted to take a few minutes to discuss poor Scotty McCool.

He arrived safely to my home here in Washington, and was very happy to meet Merik and I. Although, he was in cut offs and a bit chilled having waited on the porch in the 28 degree weather!

The clothing he arrived with was not suitable at all for traveling, and his poor Andre' boots are all cut to pieces! He does have a very nice leather jacket, which I decided to try on him to see how it would look for his tour.

Well, when I tried to put the jacket on him, his hand fell apart! I barely had pushed his hand into the sleeve and it was all broken!!

My heart did all these wild flip flops as I about had a heart attack over the fact that Scotty was now broken and irrepairable!!

Using my quick wit, and some super glue I fixed Scotty's hand, which now cannot bend due to the fracture & repair. I also pulled my Chris Johnson doll out of the closet. I opened him up and then promptly ripped his head off.

The things I do for charity.

So whomever wins Scotty McCool will still receive Dee's complete doll, but the original body is dressed in what was left of the Andre' Marek outfit, is snugly tucked back in the box for safe keeping. I'm so thankful I still had the Chris doll!!

Now all we need is for someone to sign up for January so that I can get him on his way!!

~Bella

Wouldn't it be great if Scotty could go to Scotland for Gerry's big 40th bash?

I wish I knew I was going to get to go, I have my ticket to the festivities, if I can just afford the airline ticket by that time. I am counting on the sale of some land, but it fell thru due to the economy and I can't be sure if the market will come back in time for the process. Everyone pray for me, I'm also out of work again, so I'm thinking wonderful thoughts of being able to pull this off in October.

It will be great to get to finally really meet some GALS instead of just on line. I didn't know Dee but I

feel I know all of you because of our mutual love of this wonderful creature, Gerry. It is certainly the most REAL common bond I have ever known with anyone, let alone so many wonderful GALS.

I'll keep watching the board for Scotty's adventures, hoping he winds up in Scotland for the celebration of Gerry's 40th year. Does anyone know if Gerry knows the story of this particular doll? I'll bet he

will be touched to learn it.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

It would be nice if Scotty got to be in Scotland for the festivities. I plan to go too, and I also want to attend Dougie Maclean's music festival while there and it would be fabulous to get a pic of Scotty with Dougie, but if I do go I will probably be there for nearly 2 weeks and I already have Scotty for the Phantom Pheast and Gerry's actual birthday, so I didn't want to hog him for too long by asking to get him for a total of about 3 weeks (I'd have to have him from October 21 through November 15 to pull all of that off). But, if he's available that whole time I'm glad to host or co-host him to get him to as many events as possible. But then, I had each of the previous dolls for at least 3 weeks so maybe I should go for it rather than try to buck tradition.

But then, I had each of the previous dolls for at least 3 weeks so maybe I should go for it rather than try to buck tradition.

I say just go for it! ~LOL~

~Bella

:wuv: This is going to be a fantastic event and I am proud and honoured to be included in it. I shall get started lining up an itinery which will hopefully include many beautiful and historic places in my area. I 'knew' sweet Dee

Scotty can 'Romance in true Austin fashion' in Bath, or just partake of the famed mineral waters in the Pump Room....visit Stonehenge, Avebury Standing Stones, tread the famed footsteps of Harry Potter in Lacock....so much to do it will be hard to choose.

Thank you Bella for including Butler and I in this venture.

hugs,

Anna X

It sounds as though Scotty needs a couple of weeks in England with Anna! What wonderful and diverse choices of places for him to visit - I just wish I could come along with him to visit them too!

Never mind about me taking him to Scotland - he's already booked with Scorpio613 for that time slot and I'm sure he'll have a blast with the GMCLs at their birthday bash (I'm assuming that's where he is going)!

I am still waiting for some January hostesses. :wuv:

Scotty and Merik have just been kickin' it around the house as I have been too busy to entertain them!

I wish my life would settle down . . . I just want to be happy, is that so much to ask?

:hearts:

Bella