Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
jenn

1/8 - Brosnan, Bullock, Butler, Combs and Efron Set as Presenters at Golden Globe Awards

He'll be the sexiest and probably the tallest as there are some really short people in Hollywood. It's amazing when you see alot of them in person and they are not alot like you imagine. That's why when I saw Gerry in the flesh for the first time at Nim's premiere back in March last year that I was surprised he was so tall and manly and broad yep ROWR :funnyup:

Moira

Hahahaha....broad yeh say?!! :pant:

Whooooo...makes me all tingly!!! :drool1:

:bow::watchclock: Thanks so much for the heads up on the show. Might not have watched it otherwise as alot of the shows lately are long and boring but I will definitely watch to see our Gerry. Oh to see him on the Oscars' show as a reciprient sometime soon...would be terrific. :tantrum::pant:

This is great news! Can't wait. The 1st thing I thought of when I saw it was you, Moira! Hope you have the best time. Enjoy for all of us!! :grouphug:

:yahoo: Ren

Moira,

You may already be on your way but .... safe journey and have a wonderful time.

Yes I have now arrived and checked into my lovely suite - the bathroom is to die for especially the shower- plenty room for 2 LOL :funnyup:

The place can get manic over Golden Globe weekend but if he is at rehearsals tomorrow I should get some pics - he may just come in time for ceremony. Hopefully he will walk the red carpet but not all presenters or attendees do and I have front row bleacher seats so should get some decent pics if he does. Where they have us stand after the awards finish and the parties start is on the way to the Instyle/WB party which he likes to attend so unless he gets lost in the crowd and my Gerdar fails it could be another photo op.

Chances are with there being so many people about it is easy not to see people so the only view I could get of Gerry is on the tv screen in the hotel lobby watching the ceremony live - which is what you will all get too. Stranger things have happened. There are no guarantees of anything.

I'm off to Spagos tonight with my friend Ruth.

Moira

Have a great time - and may this year be so fantastic that it makes up for the dud last year! This is something I should consider doing someday, you know, on my Bucket List (along with the Tournament of Roses Parade).

He'll be the sexiest and probably the tallest as there are some really short people in Hollywood. It's amazing when you see alot of them in person and they are not alot like you imagine. That's why when I saw Gerry in the flesh for the first time at Nim's premiere back in March last year that I was surprised he was so tall and manly and broad yep ROWR :funnyup:

Moira

So, what you are saying is that unlike some other "stars" GB lives up to the hype? :p

just back from Spago's and Wolfgang came over and said hello which was nice and the meal was gorgeous and yes Gerry more than lives up to the hype. I am sure he has his off days like the rest of us but at Nim's and RnR London/Toronto premieres when i've been lucky enough to see him up close the man is undescribably beautiful and manly.

Johnny Depp was announced as a presenter today so this is shaping up to be a mighty fine award ceremony.

If Gerry shows for rehearsal and I get any pics I'll load them as quick as I can tomorrow.

Moira

Thanks Moira. I look forward to reading more from you.

http://www.marketwatch.com/

Brosnan, Bullock, Butler, Combs and Efron Set as Presenters at Golden Globe Awards The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" Will Be Telecast Live on NBC Sunday, January 11

HOLLYWOOD, CA, Jan 08, 2009 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- Pierce Brosnan, Sandra Bullock, Gerard Butler, Sean Combs and Zac Efron have been set as presenters at "The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" to be telecast live on NBC Sunday, January 11 (8 - 11 p.m. EST) at The Beverly Hilton. They join previously announced presenters Simon Baker, Drew Barrymore, Glenn Close, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cameron Diaz, Aaron Eckhart, Laurence Fishburne, Ricky Gervais, Jake Gyllenhaal, Salma Hayek, The Jonas Brothers, Jessica Lange, Blake Lively, Jennifer Lopez, Hayden Panettiere, Amy Poehler, Seth Rogen and Martin Scorsese. Steven Spielberg will receive this year's Cecil B. DeMille Award from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for his "outstanding contribution to the entertainment field." "The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" will be seen in more than 160 countries worldwide and is one of the few awards ceremonies that span both television and motion picture achievements. "The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" will take place Sunday, January 11, 2009 at The Beverly Hilton with a live telecast airing on NBC at 8 p.m. (EST) and produced by Dick Clark Productions in association with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Jorge Camara is President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Orly Adelson, president of dcp and Barry Adelman will executive produce. Chris Donovan is the director and dcp's Bob Bardo is the executive in charge of production.

Wow thanks for the update! I will be there for sure!

Just been told by someone who saw the schedule that they think Gerry is introducing the clip to Colin Farrel's movie In Bruges which is down for Best Comedy/Musical Film. Don't know how true this info is. He could not recall if he was to attend the actual rehearsal process today.

Edited to add - Gerry is not on list to attend today's rehearsals as some nice man gave me a look.

Moira

Thanks for the update Moira. Enjoy the big day.

Red Carpet arrivals will be shown at 6:30 on E and starting at 7 on NBC. Hope we see Gerry there first!! He's looking very delicious!

:yay::wuv:

Red Carpet arrivals will be shown at 6:30 on E and starting at 7 on NBC. Hope we see Gerry there first!! He's looking very delicious!

:yay::wuv:

Yes you will, and I'm so irritated that we're not getting live. I have to wait until 7:00 PST for the red carpet show and then 8:00 for the awards. It's already over by then . . . why do they bother doing that? Dang it - I wish I had satellite that showed east coast stuff.

I shall not be able to see anything at all, so I shall be depending on GALS for clips as soon as they can be made available.

I hope all those who do get to see the show, whether live or delayed, have a great time and thoroughly enjoy it.

patsyb

If You live in Uk, SkyOne will show The Red Carpet Show, and SkyMovies will show, I think, the whole thing.

Not sure of the time, but Sky~One at 23.00, and SkyMovies at midnight.

To bad I dont have either of those channels, so will try to look something online.

patsyb

If You live in Uk, SkyOne will show The Red Carpet Show, and SkyMovies will show, I think, the whole thing.

Not sure of the time, but Sky~One at 23.00, and SkyMovies at midnight.

To bad I dont have either of those channels, so will try to look something online.

Thank you Argira. Unfortunately I don't have satellite connection so I'm pretty much stuck. I hope you manage to find something online. The links/live feeds don't always work for me either I'm afraid. About the only one which did was when the World Premiere for 300 was shown from the Berlin Film Festival in February 2007. That was fabulous to see ... the photoshoot, the press conference, the red carpet .... everything. It's the only time live feeds have worked for me.

Here it is ladies the schedule of the show and who is presenting what and Gerry is indeed presenting film clip to In Bruges. I have no idea of times etc.

OPENING MONTAGE

Set to the song "When I Grow Up"

FILM SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Presented by (unknown).

FILM ORIGINAL SONG

Presented by Sting

MISS GOLDEN GLOBE (Rumer Willis)

Introduced by Demi Moore

TV SUPPORTING ACTOR

Presented by Simon Baker and Eva Longoria

TV SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Presented by Simon Baker and Eva Longoria

FILM CLIP FOR "BURN AFTER READING"

Introduced by Don Cheadle

HOLLYWOOD FOREIGN PRESS ASSN. PRESIDENT (Jorge Camara)

Introduced by Eva Mendes

TV DRAMA ACTOR

Presented by Zac Efron and Hayden Panettiere

TV DRAMA ACTRESS

Presented by Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto

FILM CLIP FOR "THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON"

Introduced by Jake Gyllenhaal

FILM ANIMATED FEATURE

Presented by the Jonas Brothers

FILM COMEDY ACTRESS

Presented by Johnny Depp

FILM CLIP FOR "HAPPY-GO-LUCKY"

Introduced by Ricky Gervais

TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES

Presented by Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange

FILM SUPPORTING ACTOR

Presented by Cameron Diaz and Mark Wahlberg

FILM CLIP FOR "FROST/NIXON"

Introduced by Tom Brokaw

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

Presented by (unknown)

TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES ACTRESS

Presented by Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal

FILM CLIP FOR "IN BRUGES"

Introduced by Gerard Butler

FILM SCREENPLAY

Presented by Elizabeth Banks and Seth Rogen

TV COMEDY ACTOR

Presented by Patrick Dempsey and Amy Poehler

FILM CLIP FOR "THE READER"

Introduced by Renee Zellweger

TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES ACTOR

Presented by Megan Fox and Terrence Howard

TV DRAMA SERIES

Presented by Blake Lively and Rainn Wilson

FILM CLIP FOR "MAMMA MIA!"

Introduced by Pierce Brosnan

FILM ORIGINAL SCORE

Presented by Sean Combs and Jennifer Lopez

KEEP READING - THERE'S MORE!

TV COMEDY ACTRESS

Presented by David Duchovny and Jane Krakowski

CECIL B. DEMILLE AWARD TO STEVEN SPIELBERG

Presented by Martin Scorsese

FILM CLIP FOR "REVOLUTIONARY ROAD"

Introduced by Sigourney Weaver

FILM DIRECTOR

Presented by Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson

FILM COMEDY ACTOR

Presented by Sandra Bullock

FILM CLIP FOR "VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA"

introduced by Salma Hayek

FILM COMEDY/MUSICAL

Presented by Sacha Baron Cohen

FILM CLIP FOR "SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE"

Introduced by Shahrukh Khan

FILM DRAMA ACTRESS

Presented by (unknown)

TV COMEDY SERIES

Presented by Glenn Close and Laurence Fishburne

FILM DRAMA ACTOR

Presented by Susan Sarandon

FILM DRAMA

Presented by (unknown)

I'm off out to the bleachers now, and yes Lisa I know what you mean with regards the time delay. We are lucky in the UK we get Live from Red Carpet as it happens between 11pm and 1am UK time on E! channel plus Sky One is doing a Live From Red Carpet Coverage too then Sky Movies is showing the whole ceremony plus the 30 minute pre show. This is the first year UK viewers can see the show.

I'll probably post back after the parties tonight with any pics I have - could everybody keep everything crossed that I get a few nice pics - not even personal pics - just nice ones that I can say I took myself. Oh to see him up close again in a tux will do my ticker no good. :funnyup:

Moira

:claphands:

Oh, thanks. Moira!

I'm off to update the update ;) with the confirmed news of Gerry's appearance,

and

please have fun! Yes, hope you get a few lovely photos, but don't stress over it, just

enjoy the adventure!

:hug1:

Barb

The links/live feeds don't always work for me either I'm afraid

Same thing here. Well, I just like to try it again, worth a shot, but I'm not hoping for much knowing my broadband connection + laptop specs.

framolamdu

Thanks for the info.

Will be glad to see photos and captures!

I just got the barest glimpse of Gerry on TV Guide Channel.

Behind Jeremy Piven??? That's when I thought I saw him!

Edited by phoenixgirl

I'm not sure. I've been flicking between the 3 channels over and over. I think it was a box that popped up, but I don't remember who they were talking to.