Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

WE NEED YOU! (and your donations)

As most of you know, our auction and/or raffle to raise funds for the Susan G. Komen Foundation is ONE of the highlights of the Convention. We've managed to raise more money with each successive year and we don't plan on breaking this wonderful streak in 2009!!

(Did someone say streak? :streaker: )

Ahem.

We are compiling items for "gift baskets" which will be raffled off at the convention. (Anyone who witnessed last year's raffle will tell you this part of the convention is a blast!) Anything that can be wrapped and ribboned will be appreciated ... movie gift certificates, cd's, dvd's, chocolate, etc. ... The items do NOT have to be "Gerry-related."

Got a boss that may be willing to donate funds for us to purchase the makings of a basket? GREAT! GALS Charitable Foundation is a 501©(3) tax-exempt organization. We can get him/her a receipt allowing them to write-off the tax deduction!! (We're glad to help get them a write-off in these tough economic times! :funnyface: )

Please send your generous donations to:

Susan Payette

1600 Dove Street #250

Newport Beach, CA 92660

Of course, if you've got any questions, post 'em here!

Actually, if you've got any fun auction memories/pictures to share, post those, too! (Sorry, I'm anxious for June to get here and I need something to help me release all the pent up energy! It would be fun to talk about this stuff. LOL)

Thanks y'all!

Spot

oooh,

I think I'll be able to put together a basket from my little cottage industry (d/b/a "Lavender Hill") --- KB and Hobbes have already pinged me about a raffle contribution including honey from Queens Isabel and Patricia (next year Queen Katherine will also be productive, one hopes), and related items like beeswax soap, hand cream, yada yada, so I'm psyched and hoping I can deliver.

What would be the deadline for basket delivery? Would I send it to Susan?

Posted Image

:grouphug:

Connie

For most people it is easiest to send the donation to me, since I drive to Las Vegas (with a cram-packed full SUV). That way you don't have to figure out how to get it on a plane to bring it with you.

For those who aren't inclined to put together an entire basket of goodies please feel free to send individual items and together with my very talented crew of basket-assemblers/decorators it will be included with other items to make a beautiful presentation for the raffle. Below are some pictures of items from the last convention - this was during the "staging" process as we were sorting through them and deciding which items were going in the raffle for each night.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Susan,

I'll send something out as soon as I decide what to get....LOL. I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

Hugs, Linda

Suzie and I have already started collecting things to send! Is it June yet???

:vegasbaby:

I'm already looking forward to it, too, Elissa!

Thanks for the generosity of those who can donate items to the raffle! :hug1:

Katie

:vegasbaby:

hi I have some of Gerrys movies to give. I am waitng for them to come in the mail. I may bring them to the fan club that day. I hope that it will be all right. to do this. Please ler me know. Gemstone.

Deb/Knight and I will bring a big basket. a clue- Does OG mean anything?

Sally

I'm not going to be able to make it this year, but I'll put something together and get it to Susan as soon as possible. I really enjoyed making a basket last year. Probably won't be able to do a basket, but I can put together some Gerry stuff.

:hugs:

Lisa

Hey Ladies,

I am gathering items (misc) to send to Susan.

Also, my sister has started a new hobbie of beading bracelets and I have asked her

to make one with the theme of Dear Frankie and "We are connected" I can't wait to

see what she comes up with. I gave her the graphic we have posted here.

I am on the hunt for more items....

Have already started and of course will be there to help out.

Like Sally previously mentioned; she and I are going to be making a basket.

I just got the first two items for it, and O.G. is pleased!

Sherrell!!! I'm tickled six shades of pink at you being there! :wuv:

Although I won't be at the convention...I will be donating some Gerry magnets I make. A few of the GALS here have gotten magnets from me and they loved them. As soon as my life calms down...I hope to get going and make them.

I have a cookie business with my sister and I would love to donate some cookies! Gerry inspired of course. :pointy: Just let me know how many and when they are needed. I live in Las Vegas and can bring them to where ever you need them.

Princess

Edited by Princess

We appreciate your generosity, Princess! However, we've already got a "cookie gal" that's donated her services for this convention. (She did them last year, too). I don't know if the planners will be interested in more, but I'll check to make sure!

I do beaded necklaces and mentioned to Susan in the past I have a Phantom themed one Id like to donate - so I think this is the perfect thing to donate it towards!

Ill send it out ASAP

Although I am not going to the convention...I would like to make some Gerry magnets to donate. My life has been turned upside down lately...but I hope I can find some time to make some and send on to Susan.

UGH....see how upside down my life has been....I already posted in this thread weeks ago and don't even rememeber. Sorry. Mods...you can delete this post.

Edited by isaboo

Hello all! I have about a dozen Gerry items like the ones in my eBay shop that I would like to donate for the raffle/auction. I just wanted to confirm the address to send them to as well as any deadline. Thanks!

:woo: You GALS are in for a real treat! Scorpionandgrasshopper's jewelry is gorgeous! Suzie and I have both bought some pieces and they are :wuv: . We had know idea she was a GAL, that is just an extra nice surprise! :D

Ditto what Elissa said - Erinn's stuff is wonderful!! I'm trying to talk her into coming to Vegas and am keeping fingers crossed she will be there.

Suzie

Hello all! I have about a dozen Gerry items like the ones in my eBay shop that I would like to donate for the raffle/auction. I just wanted to confirm the address to send them to as well as any deadline. Thanks!

Yes, I have some stuff as well. I believe you still send the items to the below address.

Susan Payette

1600 Dove Street #250

Newport Beach, CA 92660

:hugs:

Tap

I'm putting together a gift basket, more like a trunk, of Gerry goodies.

I will send them to Susan as soon as I get it all together.

Cheryl

Huge thank yous to everyone who is sending goodies for our raffles and auctions. Yes, the 1600 Dove Street address is still the correct one to use for sending them.

I just mailed two parcels with items for the raffle/auction today. :)