Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
framolamdu

My Gerry Pics at Golden Globes

The "packaging" seems to be working. As I said last night, even many of the IMDb crew were gushing. Saying such things as "that's who I fell in love with four years ago," "he's back," etc.

I checked out Just Jared a few minutes ago and it's at least 98 percent gush over him. The question was was he hot or not clean shaven.

I agree that the look was definitely "pre-arranged" to stop everyone in their tracks. He looked good the night before, but the GG look was simply stunning.

And how sad is that? Why can't we just accept someone the way they are, the way the age gracefully and beautifully. Personally, I'm a fan of Gerry's, and love him completely, no matter what he looks like. He doesn't have to pretty himself up for me to be his fan, nor does he have to look like he did three, four years ago - or even last year! Just how he is now is perfectly fine for me. He has nothing to prove to me.

And how sad that Hollywood puts that demand on people. It's sick. And personally, I think it made him look more unattractive than he is normally (I didn't say he was unattractive - I said he looked less attractive than usual). I hope this doesn't become a habit.

I don't really think that he was made up due to rumors or anything (although it is possible). I think it's more about how he looks on TV. Gerry has never been the type to give in to that stuff. Heck, the man doesn't ever hardly dress up for events. I hardly think he would put on all that make up to look younger to please TPTB. Or if he did, that could be why he looked unhappy, plastic and forced smiles.

Like Susan's, this probably isn't the popular opinion, but it's mine. I prefer Gerry au natural - no make up, no hair dye . . . He was gorgeous at the Art of Elysium. And even more so in Miami. I'm in love with Gerard James Butler . . . not some celluloid hero.

Lisa

PS: Amen D!

Edited by phoenixgirl

What's sad about being the hottest thing on two feet? It's still Gerry. Scruffy or how Hollywood wants to perceive him. We know how beautiful he is with or without the packaging. But if Hollywood packaging gets him into the other stratosphere, so what? I think that's where he wants to be, or he would have stayed in Philly and rehearsed his lines all weekend. He's been at this game for quite awhile. While we've gushed about how hot he is, the world hasn't really taken notice until recently. I'm behind him, no matter what. Fame is the name of the game, and that's the business he has obviously chosen. And who deserves it more? Play the game, if that's what you want. Gerry, we love you. You deserve all the fame and all the gushing. No one deserves it more. Job well done.

This may not be a popular opinion (and it is only that, or a speculation even) but Gerry's look last night appears to be an intentional "packaging" to make him look more youthful. Maybe they feel there have been too many nasty comments made about him in the past year or so, or who knows what in that industry. But I was just looking at these pictures from last night compared to 4 years ago and he looks younger in last night's pictures - the forehead lines almost completely vanished, very few wrinkles around the eyes. He may even have been instructed to avoid smiling at the cameras, because the more you smile the more lines show. If he gets a lot of press for looking so hot and so handsome, then the packaging was a success.

WE still love him any way he is, and many of us especially love him the more natural he looks - wrinkles (in his face and in his clothes), scruff, no makeup, scrapes and scratches, holes in jeans - those are all things we love. But that probably is NOT what his industry is looking for in a leading man. A gorgeous, youthful, trim and handsome hottie will fit the bill and he fit it to a tee last night.

I have no objection to how Gerry looked last night. To be honest, he reminded me very much of the Phantom. But Susan, if what you say is true then I find myself wondering if all this packaging is worth it to Gerry? I mean, can he live with that? Does he just see it as part of the job, and the only way he'll achieve the success he wants and the great roles that come with it? I have a hard time believing Gerry would just go along with such a thing because it is suggested by his publicist/manager or whoever. I hate the thought of Gerry being some puppet whose strings are pulled to look or act a certain way.... so if this is how things are.... this plan to market him with a more youthful image, then I hope he really wants to do this, and that he is not being pushed into it.

The amount of negativity toward his appearance lately has been increasing on the gossip sights, but do his people really listen to that shite? Half the comments on those sites criticize him for looking older than his age and the other half criticize him for using botox or using other means to make himself look younger. If Gerry's people really listen to comments like that.... I think it's sad, because those people will NEVER be satisfied.

On the one hand I'm happy to see Gerry receive so much positive attention for his physical appearance last night, but on the other.... I hate to see him sculpt himself to suit others.

I like his rougher, less polished persona. I like what we've seen all these years as the "real" Gerry.

Sometimes I hate Hollywood and wish Gerry would just chuck the whole thing for a UK based smaller independent film career.

Swannie

You do realize that all this 'drama' is a creation in your own minds?

Just like all the "negativity" is a creation in the minds of those who are negative for the fun of it?

There is more negativity out there because there is more about Gerry out there - he's more popular than he's ever been.

If he was LESS popular they'd attack somebody else.

I did not see an unhappy, desperate, uncomfortable man last night.

I saw a movie star who was PERFORMING a function on screen and was prepared appropriately for that function.

I saw a man using an opportunity to knock the socks off of an incredibly large global audience.

The industry people he needs to impress SEE HIM CLOSE UP AND IN THE FLESH ALL THE TIME.

They are not influenced by make up, hair styles, scruff on, scruff off because they use all of those things as tools themselves. THEY UNDERSTAND PERFORMANCE even on a TV show. They know better than anyone how to use those tools on stage or in films to achieve the effects they want.

His age is not as big a problem in the business as it is on his fansites. Unless he has a burning desire to be in High School Musical Part 4, he'll be just fine. Harrison Ford should worry. Clint Eastwood should worry. Jack Nicholson should worry.

Gerry is fine.

Audiences around the world were impressed by a stunningly good looking man they may not have noticed before. He showed the industry that he belongs among the A-listers and can shine as brightly as anybody.

Everytime he makes a professional appearance everybody panics and sees something "wrong". Something in his eyes, something in his face, something in his manner.

Baloney.

HE'S OK.

HE'S DOING WHAT HE LOVES.

HE'S A BIG BOY WHO HAS CHOSEN HIS CAREER.

He's not giving it up, running home to mom, crying in a corner or selling his soul to the devil over it.

HE'S BEING SUCCESSFUL.

Why can't everybody just relax and enjoy it?

I'm sure he's enjoying it.

OK - Rant over.

Go back to worrying.

Jane

Edited by Jeb

Well to be honest, I'm being a worry wart about Gerry because it helps take my mind off the stuff in R/L I have to worry about.

When Gerry hit the stage last night, I wish they would have panned to some of the women in the audience. I would just love to have seen their expressions.

Swannie

Just like all the "negativity" is a creation in the minds of those who are negative for the fun of it?

There is more negativity out there because there is more about Gerry out there - he's more popular than he's ever been.

I saw a movie star who was PERFORMING a function on screen and was prepared appropriately for that function.

I saw a man using an opportunity to knock the socks off of an incredibly large global audience.

The industry people he needs to impress SEE HIM CLOSE UP AND IN THE FLESH ALL THE TIME.

They are not influenced by make up, hair styles, scruff on, scruff off because they use all of those things as tools themselves. THEY UNDERSTAND PERFORMANCE even on a TV show. They know better than anyone how to use those tools on stage or in films to achieve the effects they want.

His age is not as big a problem in the business as it is on his fansites. Unless he has a burning desire to be in High School Musical Part 4, he'll be just fine. Harrison Ford should worry. Clint Eastwood should worry. Jack Nicholson should worry.

Gerry is fine.

Audiences around the world were impressed by a stunningly good looking man they may not have noticed before. He showed the industry that he belongs among the A-listers and can shine as brightly as anybody.

Everytime he makes a professional appearance everybody panics and sees something "wrong". Something in his eyes, something in his face, something in his manner.

Baloney.

HE'S OK.

He's not giving it up, running home to mom, crying in a corner or selling his soul to the devil over it.

HE'S BEING SUCCESSFUL.

OK - Rant over.

Go back to worrying.

Jane

Sorry, Swannie, if R/L is getting you down. So many people are facing serious troubles this year. I hope your troubles disappear soon.

I just go the other way - when R/L is coming down on me I'd rather see the best that's out there - like Gerry flying high! LOL

Brad Pitt just released a photo shoot of himself "as he really is", close-up, un-retouched photos to prove what a guy he is, I guess, and is getting applause for it. And Leo DiCaprio is struggling to look mature in order to get 'manly' parts and taken seriously.

Every performer has pluses and minuses to work with. The clever ones make you only see the pluses and learn to love the minuses. LOL

Gerry is VERY clever!

Jane

Right now, compared to my silly concerns about Gerry.... R/L worries are monumental. :unsure:

Swannie

Girls, I don't post here often, but would like to advise you all of something important. Sometimes you post links to pics that are in hosting sites like Photobucket and don't realize that anyone who clicks on the link to see the pic has access to everything in your account, all pics, albums, etc. if you neglect to set your account to Private. Framolamdu posted pics today and I linked to one of them from another site cuz someone wanted to see it. Unless you set your account to Private in your account preferences at the hosting site, anyone can access any pic, video, etc. in it. And some on other sites may enjoy having you for dinner, if you get my meaning. So check your hosting accounts and make sure you change the setting to Private. That way, only the pic you link to will be accessible. Hope this has been helpful to guarding your privacy.

katie

That's a good reminder, Katie. Thanks for stopping by!

Swannie

:wave: , Swannie. I see you are having some problems. I didn't see the specs, just a post of comfort. I am having some serious difficulties as well. Like the sky falling. PM me if you want to catch up. I'll be checking tomorrow.

katie

I don't think anyone said that. Swannie simply stated what she would wish for his career. Nothing wrong with that. I quite agree. But, whatever Gerry wants for his career, he has my support - like it or not.

Speculation just like everyone else. Just of a different kind.

Sorry, Jane. I just don't see what you did. But that's okay . . . that's what makes the world go 'round. Luckily, we don't have to agree to get along or to love Gerry the same.

The clever ones make you only see the pluses and learn to love the minuses. LOL

Gerry is VERY clever!

Now on THAT we can agree . . .

Lisa

PS: Swannie, honey, I hope everything turns out okay. I think we're ALL dealing with something. I know I'm over emotional lately. Just a myriad of reasons, the least of which is Gerry.

Edited by phoenixgirl

When Gerry hit the stage last night, I wish they would have panned to some of the women in the audience. I would just love to have seen their expressions.

Swannie

Probably all we would have seen were them checking each other out as to who is the thinnest and who wore what. Either that or they would be watching the "miracle" couple - Brangelina. :(

Brad Pitt just released a photo shoot of himself "as he really is", close-up, un-retouched photos to prove what a guy he is, I guess, and is getting applause for it.

Jane

That is so self-indulgent and self-referential. Who cares what he "really" looks like. I remain stunned at the egoistic and lint-in-the-navel self-absortion of some "stars". But, as you observe, he is getting yet more publicity for it (as if he needed more) and accolades for being "so real".

Gerry is fine.

Baloney.

HE'S OK.

HE'S BEING SUCCESSFUL.

OK - Rant over.

Go back to worrying.

Jane

Jane: I so agree with your assessment . . . real life keeps me from doing much posting, but I do try to keep up-to-date on this site . . . please keep posting your take on things. I do enjoy your thoughts.

Barbara

Old, young,

wrinkles, no wrinkles,

makeup, no makeup,

grey hair, colored hair.

I prefer totally natural. :yummy:

take that how you like.

lol

I guess if I could knock some of my crow's feet off with a swipe of makeup, I'd be game! LOL

Just landed in London and am waiting for flight up to Edinburgh. Thanks for the tip on photobucket but I knew people could see it and since I only post my stuff here I did not think it would find its way to other sites unless permission was sought. Thanks.

Moira

Many of us have learned the hard way that just because we only post our pictures here doesn't mean they don't end up all over creation and used for all sorts of purposes - without a whit of permission requested. I used to have my Photobucket as an open account, changed it to private sometime last year. Not that there is anything in there that shouldn't be seen, just that I prefer to know what of mine is being used and where. I've had a seller on eBay use photos of Gerry I took to document her claimed access to him to get autographs which she then sold.

I'm sorry that happened to you, Moira.

As for Gerry, his appearance (like it, dislike it, whatever) I believe that part of the point of having a fansite is to give fans a place to share their opinions about the object of our shared affection. If we truly just wanted to let Gerry be Gerry and never comment on his choices in films, looks, clothes, accessories, vacations, leisure activities, etc. then we wouldn't need to visit a fansite at all except perhaps to read up on news and see new pictures. If we are stopping long enough to write a comment, then I think all respectful opinions should be allowed. Will our opinons change what Gerry does or thinks? I hope not or the poor man would be mightily confused! But we care, and for many fans Gerry provides inspiration, or escape, or entertainment. Whatever the reason we are here and we are writing, this is an outlet for our thoughts - we don't all have to share the same ones - and we'd be awfully bored (and boring) if we did. I don't see it as a problem, not for us and surely not for Gerry, that such an outlet is available to his fans. Personally I try not to infer Gerry's mood or thoughts from looking at photos because it seems more often than not I'd be wrong. I do sometimes voice my personal preference regarding his looks, which in 99% of the pictures I've seen are fantastic! I don't presume to know that much about the film industry except from what I've read of it, so I sometimes base an opinion or speculation on that.

So when we disagree with the prevailing mood, it's OK - right?

An opinion's an opinion.

Just keep posting the pics!

Jane

So when we disagree with the prevailing mood, it's OK - right?

An opinion's an opinion.

Just keep posting the pics!

Jane

:lol:If it wasn't okay I would probably implode!

The "packaging" seems to be working. As I said last night, even many of the IMDb crew were gushing. Saying such things as "that's who I fell in love with four years ago," "he's back," etc..

Sasha, Don't be fooled, it didn't last long, LOL They are back up to

their old tricks!!!! :tantrum:

all at my expense - good job i am thick skinned. It's amazing when people are not there how they can jump to conclusions of Gerry's mood and what he must be thinking just because he was not looking directly at the camera. My friend took the pic just as we had finished speaking and were not exactly ready. Shame people have to disect everything.

Moira