Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

1/14 - Gerard Butler loyal fan base

from: http://filmandmoviemaking.com/gerard-butler-loyal-fan-base/

Gerard Butler loyal fan base

Wed, Jan 14, 2009

A towering number of people have been logging in to see how Gerald Butler fared in the 2008 Film and Movie Making awards. They would have been pleased to see that one of his movies, Rocknrolla, won a top award while Nims Island came oh so close.

They may be biased in wanting him to win everything, but that’s what being a fan is about. Film stars love their fans, even if that’s not what they say. They need their fan base to stay box office stars.

Gerald Butler (Gerry to his fans) was born in 1969, and is a Scottish actor, even though he now spends his time between London and LA. Some of his family hails from Ireland. He’s also spent time living in Canada.

He appeared way back in the 1997 movie Mrs Brown and followed that up with a small part in the James Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies. During the years he’s been in around 35 movies, including 300, The Phantom of The Opera, PS I Love You, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, Beowulf and the wonderful Nims Island and the great Rocknrolla.

We should see him soon in Law Abiding Citizen and then during 2010 in How to Train Your Dragon.

I’m hopeful that some GB fans will let us know which are GB’s best movies and why.

I just looked at the article and it says Gerard so I don't know if he changed it or it was transcribed wrong on the thread? I'm not really sure how the article was posted.

Veejer

It says Gerald in the body of the post, and I also responded, but I left my typo comment for the end and made it humorous. I didn't want to offend the guy since he seemed genuine in his quest for a DVD.

Lisa wrote:

Oh, and please . . . his name is GeraRd, not GeraLd - can you please fix your typo? Otherwise, us loyal fan base will have to hunt you down and kick your arse. LMAO - just kidding.

Stephen Says: January 14th, 2009 at 3:19 pm

@Lisa Thanks for your kind comments; typo fixed so you can keep your steel boots on your feet LOL.

:funnyup:That was pretty funny ; but yes we do stay loyal to him and hope that some day he will win an award...and time marches on! I have been voting and posting since 2004 it is hard to realize that it has already been 5 years...YIKES! My first viewing of Phantom of the Opera sent me searching and then joining the WB board waaaaay back when. Then it took flight until I had at least 7 sites on the go. Now I have tamed down to 3 or 4 but my heart will stay with the Phantom in my mind his best role "bar none"...

**May**

Lisa wrote:

Oh, and please . . . his name is GeraRd, not GeraLd - can you please fix your typo? Otherwise, us loyal fan base will have to hunt you down and kick your arse. LMAO - just kidding.

Stephen Says: January 14th, 2009 at 3:19 pm

@Lisa Thanks for your kind comments; typo fixed so you can keep your steel boots on your feet LOL.

:funnyup:That was pretty funny ; but yes we do stay loyal to him and hope that some day he will win an award...and time marches on! I have been voting and posting since 2004 it is hard to realize that it has already been 5 years...YIKES! My first viewing of Phantom of the Opera sent me searching and then joining the WB board waaaaay back when. Then it took flight until I had at least 7 sites on the go. Now I have tamed down to 3 or 4 but my heart will stay with the Phantom in my mind his best role "bar none"...

**May**

My Momma always told me "you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar".

I am so proud to be a part of a loyal fan base. I honestly have always wanted to be a part of a fan base for a celebrity that I can get behind 100%, and NO ONE has garnered that in me like Gerry has. It's been over a year and I have no intention of slowing down. I'm a loyal fan for life! I only hope I can be the type of fan he would be proud of.

Lisa

:wuv:When I first joined the Warner Brother's Board I thought it would only be a phase and after a while that would be it. Then the WB board closed and left us all with a feeling of emptiness...so others started fan sites to keep the momentum going. I've read countless fanfics about the Phantom plus some books that I bought and am still planning to buy plus the music of POTO and the movie...it never ends! Now I await patiently for the possible release of another Phantom and imagine it rekindling another flame under my enthusiasm. I guess I will be around still for quite a while Lol! Edited by may

Thanks Barb!

I think I may trip over there and leave a comment myself! Nice that he fixed his typo (WTG Lisa! Make them get it right!) He does seem genuine. This is what Gerry needs, more people <besides US his LOYAL FANS> to take him seriously.

I am genuine when making my comments about the actor. He was very good in Nims Island, although with Jodie Foster in a movie it's difficult to get past her as the grand master. It also showed a great young girl, Abigail Breslin in top form. Don't work with kids and animals if you want to be noticed!

In Rocknrolla your GeraRd was again very good, but in a cast of a number of great performances; Tom Wilkinson, Mark Strong, Thandie Newton. In my Rocknrolla review I did say "We saw the immense Gerard Butler in Nims Island earlier this year. This actor’s role was so far removed from his previous task, so as to prove his acting abilities show no boundaries" so I must agree with you all!

I would like to extend a great big thank you to all for commenting on my blog www.FILMandMOVIEmaking.com ; I think I'll include a fan base as one of my characters in my next screenplay, and model it on yourselves. One could not get a better appreciation of a fanbase than here...

Stephen:

You are always welcome here! As I said in my post on your blog, we're not always seen in the best light. We have been called various names by critics and even by some of Gerry's own producers/directors in commentaries on DVDs. It is very refreshing to hear a man's point of view that believes in Gerry's absolute talent and not focuses on his looks.

I hope you'll take my advice (and the other posters) and purchase Dear Frankie, Phantom and if you can get a hold of it, The Jury (by the way, Mark Strong is in this as well). He's an amazing actor with more up his sleeve, I'm sure. I'm really looking forward to seeing his portrayal in Law Abiding Citizen (due to begin filming next week).

Feel free to drop by any time at all!

Lisa

Welcome Stephen!

I really enjoyed your blog post. As Lisa said, you are welcome here anytime!

Your comments were a breath of fresh air to me. It seems like you 'get it', and truly appreciate Gerry for the great actor he is.

Thank you for casting us in a good light! Again like Lisa said we are, more often than not, cast in a negative light. Never is it mentioned all the great work we do. How many other actors fanbases have their own 501©3? I have been involved in other fanbases, and never did they do what we do. From saving the Caledonian Forest, to supporting the Scottish Youth Theatre, to donating to numerous cancer charities, and Toys for Tots (I'm sure I'm missing some others). Never is this mentioned in the press. Don't get me wrong; we are not looking for praise, but one does get tired of being referred to as 'rabid'. With people like you perhaps that will change.

I hope to see many more posts from you, and I'm looking forward to that screenplay!

Nice to see you, Stephen and thank you for all the positive feedback! Feel free to "lurk" in anytime and even post a comment! We're a great bunch of GALS and PALS and you'll find us friendly but fiercely devoted to Gerry! :wave:

D

Hi Stephen

Felt moved to post on your blog as it was a welcome breath of fresh air to see such positivity for both Gerry and his fans - especially from a male critic. Thanks for that. Welcome to Gals.

Well said Debs - you are right we do not look for praise but by most we have been pidgeon holed in the category "very unhealthy obsessed fans" :funnyup:

Moira

I'd like to join in with the rest of my galfriends and welcome you to Gerry's fanmily! I hope that you come back often and see what we are truly all about! Deb, "Knight Phantom" gave you a take on some of it and as she say's ....we're not looking for praise or kudos...we just want some that seem to criticize us for being over zealous fanatics to see how wrong they are! Actually... and I think most will agree with me...To Hell with them! We do have quite a few Pals here at Gals and we love that! Hope you will be a new addition...If nothing you will be surprised at what a warm and friendly group of people you have here!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

I'd like to join in with the rest of my galfriends and welcome you to Gerry's fanmily! I hope that you come back often and see what we are truly all about! Deb, "Knight Phantom" gave you a take on some of it and as she say's ....we're not looking for praise or kudos...we just want some that seem to criticize us for being over zealous fanatics to see how wrong they are! Actually... and I think most will agree with me...To Hell with them! We do have quite a few Pals here at Gals and we love that! Hope you will be a new addition...If nothing you will be surprised at what a warm and friendly group of people you have here!

:hello:I think it is a huge "Ditto"for me too Frannie! Hey I backed up the Beatles and look where their fan support took them...oops I just gave away my age.... :embarassed:

Welcome to GALS/PALS, Stephen

Looking forward to hearing more from you on your point of view on Gerry's movies and career!

Edited by Shamrocked

I am genuine when making my comments about the actor. He was very good in Nims Island, although with Jodie Foster in a movie it's difficult to get past her as the grand master. It also showed a great young girl, Abigail Breslin in top form. Don't work with kids and animals if you want to be noticed!

In Rocknrolla your GeraRd was again very good, but in a cast of a number of great performances; Tom Wilkinson, Mark Strong, Thandie Newton. In my Rocknrolla review I did say "We saw the immense Gerard Butler in Nims Island earlier this year. This actor’s role was so far removed from his previous task, so as to prove his acting abilities show no boundaries" so I must agree with you all!

I would like to extend a great big thank you to all for commenting on my blog www.FILMandMOVIEmaking.com ; I think I'll include a fan base as one of my characters in my next screenplay, and model it on yourselves. One could not get a better appreciation of a fanbase than here...

Thank You Stephen,

Especially for apologizing! I have heard so many paprazzie people say "How are Ya today Gerald!!!" I could spit nails!!! But at least you said sorry and your wonderful comments are really appreciated. As you can see, we are very defensive of Our Gerry!!!! And thank you for noticing that Gerry is so fantastically wide ranged in his acting abilities. No compartmentalizing this incredible man! He's just getting started to be an awesome actor! Again Thank You for the very nice comments about him.

Can you tell we totally love this incredible man?

Joanna

Thank you for your most generous welcomes. I look forward to 'talking' some more with you soon.

:wave: Stephen,

I as well Welcome you to GALS/PALS. Love to have the men join to put in their appreciation of this incredible man. Please come often and stay as long as you can! Love to 'talk' to you anytime!!

Joanna :wave:

[i tried to go to that web site to respond to this item and I can't find an address to write to this guy the one on the first page won't come up . if you know let me know I want to write him. Raina SNow

[i tried to go to that web site to respond to this item and I can't find an address to write to this guy the one on the first page won't come up . if you know let me know I want to write him. Raina SNow

Hi: I don't know if you mean me. Are you saying that when you click on 'contact' you can't get the page/it doesn't come up? Edited by stephen

Betts, try this link. (Under the black and white picture icon, there's an blue envelope "contact the author" link to click. That should automatically generate an email for you to send directly to Stephen.) (OR you could simply send him a PM!) LOL (Ain't that handy?!)

:hello:I think it is a huge "Ditto"for me too Frannie! Hey I backed up the Beatles and look where their fan support took them...oops I just gave away my age.... :embarassed:

:wave: We love you any way, MAY!!! :hearts:

tee, hee, hee!!!

Hitch your self to Gerry he reaches for the stars, you should be there by now. BeCozy, thank you for all your hard work it is well appreciated. Gerard Butler Gals is the BEST.