Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

HOTEL GROUP CODE!!

We've finally been notified of our hotel group code. The code is: GB FANS

IMPORTANT: In order to get our great rates, we are required to meet a “room minimum” pursuant to our contract with the Hilton. Please make sure to give the group code when you reserve your room: GB FANS. Doing so will ensure your rate, along with getting the convention the required credit. Also, if you want to have rooms located nearby other attendees, please tell the registration clerk of your wish. They will make every attempt to place you near other attendees.

All room reservations confirmed in the group sleeping room block will require a first night's room and tax advance deposit to guarantee accommodations. The Las Vegas Hilton will accept checks and all major credit cards directly from each guest for advance deposits. All credit cards used to prepay will be charged immediately. Advance individual reservation deposits are completely refundable if canceled more than seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival.

CHECK IN/CHECK OUT TIMES: The Las Vegas Hilton's check-in time is 3:00 PM. Check out time is 12:00 Noon. All guests arriving before 3:00 PM will be accommodated as rooms become available. The Las Vegas Hilton's bell captain can arrange to check baggage for guests arriving early if rooms are unavailable and for guests attending functions on departure day. Guest rooms must be registered to at least one (1) adult 21 years of age or older. Photo identification will be required upon check in.

ONLY 162 DAYS TIL VEGAS, BABY!!!

:woohoo::pillowfight::woohoo:

:thewoman: YEAH!! Can't wait, really CAN NOT WAIT!! :vegasbaby:

WOOO HOOOO

Wow I was getting a little stressed....

GB FANS How original.......

WOOHOO!!!!! I am so stoked!!!!! Vegas better watch out!

ETA: Do we call the Hilton directly to discuss prices and rooms? I know we do but what about prices, etc. Can you tell I am a Vegas Virgin?!??!

Edited by Gerry Duty

Las Vegas Hilton - GB Fan

I'll call today, I guess the phone number is not printed anywhere? Can't Wait!

ginnywhit

Just made reservation, didn't know other attendee names but requested to be next to attendees. If anyone would like to share my room I got two double beds. No smoking $99.00/rate. Would love to split the cost. Thanks!

ginnywhit

We've finally been notified of our hotel group code. The code is: GB FANS

IMPORTANT: In order to get our great rates, we are required to meet a “room minimum” pursuant to our contract with the Hilton. Please make sure to give the group code when you reserve your room: GB FANS. Doing so will ensure your rate, along with getting the convention the required credit. Also, if you want to have rooms located nearby other attendees, please tell the registration clerk of your wish. They will make every attempt to place you near other attendees.

All room reservations confirmed in the group sleeping room block will require a first night's room and tax advance deposit to guarantee accommodations. The Las Vegas Hilton will accept checks and all major credit cards directly from each guest for advance deposits. All credit cards used to prepay will be charged immediately. Advance individual reservation deposits are completely refundable if canceled more than seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival.

CHECK IN/CHECK OUT TIMES: The Las Vegas Hilton's check-in time is 3:00 PM. Check out time is 12:00 Noon. All guests arriving before 3:00 PM will be accommodated as rooms become available. The Las Vegas Hilton's bell captain can arrange to check baggage for guests arriving early if rooms are unavailable and for guests attending functions on departure day. Guest rooms must be registered to at least one (1) adult 21 years of age or older. Photo identification will be required upon check in.

ONLY 162 DAYS TIL VEGAS, BABY!!!

:woohoo::pillowfight::woohoo:

I'm going to Vegas baby!

ginnywhit (Sassenach)

:vegasbaby:

HERE I COME!!!!!!

WOO-HOO!!!!!!

RAZ

hi i am excited about the convention with tut being put off until july i just might be able to go to convention. i'm a newbie so could someone tell me steps to reserve spot and hotel room? i couldnt find it anywhere. ty very much! mistaya/dede

Hotel info is on our Vegas Website (which is being reworked as it's not as user friendly as we'd hoped). The info is:

The 2009 convention will be held at the Las Vegas Hilton! It is situated on 59 acres next to the Las Vegas Strip (the Hilton's Monorail station links the property to the Strip via a five minute ride) and adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, visit Las Vegas Hilton The phone number is: 800-732-7117

The following special convention group rates are per night for June 25 through June 28:

Classic Room $99

Premium Room $119

Lanai Suite* $205

Junior Suite* $199

Add $35 per person each night if having 3 or more in a room. (maximum of 4 per room)

* Must call hotel to reserve these rooms

IMPORTANT: In order to get our great rates, we are required to meet a “room minimum” pursuant to our contract with the Hilton. Please make sure to give the group code when you reserve your room: GB GALS. Doing so will ensure your rate, along with getting the convention the required credit. Also, if you want to have rooms located nearby other attendees, please tell the registration clerk of your wish. They will make every attempt to place you near other attendees.

All room reservations confirmed in the group sleeping room block will require a first night's room and tax advance deposit to guarantee accommodations. The Las Vegas Hilton will accept checks and all major credit cards directly from each guest for advance deposits. All credit cards used to prepay will be charged immediately. Advance individual reservation deposits are completely refundable if cancelled more than seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival.

GINNY: If you're looking for a roommate, I suggest you make a post here.

MIST: You should click around the Vegas website for info. (Again, it's not user friendly and we're working on that. However, until the kinks are ironed out, I suggest you make sure you "arrow/scroll" all the way over to the RIGHT of the screen for info. You click the red flags at the bottom for the various points of info and then arrow/scroll to the right.) If you still have questions, I'm your gal! Just drop me a PM or post here! (Keep in mind that our earlybird rates will expire on 1/31 -- so if you want to save a few bucks, try to get your deposit paid before that time. :kisswink:)

Plans are really in full swing, now! I can't wait!

I so wish I could come and join you at the annual GB conference in Vegas, but coming from Australia, it isnt going to happen this year.... well, I will have to save up my cents & dollars and join you all next year! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures. If Gerry is there, give him a big Aussie hello for me :unsure:

I was just trying to make hotel reservations online at the hotel's website, and nowhere does the option to put in the group code come up, so I backed out of the transaction. What am I doing wrong? :bonk:

I think you have to make the reservations by phone in order to get the group code. If I'm wrong I'm sure Holly will let us know.

I think you have to make the reservations by phone in order to get the group code. If I'm wrong I'm sure Holly will let us know.

Good to know because I was going to try online. Sometimes w/hotels they let you put in a code but not all the time. Oh wait, don't I need to register first? LOL I'm going (98% sure) I'm just trying to make sure of something else that's coming up during the same time so that I don't have to cancel. I think I'm good. Thanks Holly for the update.

Cassie

I was just trying to make hotel reservations online at the hotel's website, and nowhere does the option to put in the group code come up, so I backed out of the transaction. What am I doing wrong? :bonk:

I'm trying to get an answer to this asap! Will post soon.

Also, several people have PMd me regarding the "rates" online being the same as our "convention rates."

What happens is that as the Hilton fills up and we get closer to our convention dates, the posted online room rates WILL increase. However, with our group code we are locked in to the base rates (as indicated on our Vegas website) if reservations are made by May 26, 2009 (or until our reserved block of rooms are booked :pointy: )

This is how it worked last year, too. By the time we got close to convention time, generic rooms were booking at about $200 a night online (as I recall). So our group rate of $99 per room was a steal!

Anyhoo, I'll be back with "online" registration answers asap.

Thanks, Susan and Holly. I tried again online, there still is no place to put in a group code, so I went ahead and made my reservations by phone. I just got my confirmation by email! See ya in Vegas! :vegasbaby:

:swoon:I just booked a Lanai Suite at the Hilton but the rate was different that what it states on the convention website? :vegasbaby:

:swoon:I just booked a Lanai Suite at the Hilton but the rate was different that what it states on the convention website? :vegasbaby:

So it was you! :lol: Was it more than what the site says?

Hi! :wave: Yes, it was me and yes it was more...but not really THAT much more, only $14 more and worth it to me and mine :pointy::vegasbaby:

Trust me, Dr. Em is trying to determine the glitch! She just sent another email to the Hilton gal this afternoon. Sorry, y'all -- we're TRYING!

OK, Conventioneers, here's the latest from the Hilton gal handling our account:

1. Your contracted group rate is $99.00 per night [for a CLASSIC room]. ... I checked in our system and the group rate of $99.00 is in correctly. If anyone is calling to reserve a Classic room, with your group, our reservation agents would be quoting the correct rate. Your guests are given the option to upgrade to a Premium room at $20.00 additional per night, which would make the rate $119.00 per night, however that is completely up to the individual caller and purely optional.

2. For those that are having difficulty with making reservations at the group rate on pre or post nights...please give me until the end of the week to confirm with you, but I will contact our reservations department and confirm with them that the group rate will be honored, again, based on availability. Again, please note that we are a convention hotel, and our availability does become very limited /sold out even as far as over a year out. With your event only 4 months away, and our occupancy levels increasing, it could be very likely and possible that we will have availability issues, even at this point.

So, if you want the $99 rate, you MUST be specific in reserving a CLASSIC room. Otherwise, they'll probably try to sell you the $119 a night room. (If I'm not mistaken, the only distinction between the classic and the premium is that one faces the strip. Essentially, you're paying $20 extra bucks for the VIEW.)

Rezz, still researching the Lanai Suite discrepancy. I'll let you know what we find out!

Also, if you use this LINK (instead of the one at lvhilton) to register online, you will have the option to enter our GROUP CODE.

Holly,

I was able to make my reservations and get the appropriate price for the week.

Thanks, Linda

:hmm:Just wondering if there had been any word on why the price for my room was more than what is quoted?

Thanx for ALL you do! :thankyou::vegasbaby:

We may not get an answer before next week as Holly is exploring the luck of the Irish or chasing wee leprachauns in Ireland with Snap this week.