Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Hello everyone,

It's another very hot day in Canberra ... we have had 10 days over 33C which is 91.4 F ... but in Adelaide and Melboure they have been having over 40C or 104F plus. Even the nights haven't been cooling down - in Adelaide the minimum has been 33C or 91.4F and here it's been about 20C or 68F.

Definitely NOT sleeping weather and we are all getting cranky.

Haven't been on for a few days, busy at work and then at home. For my sins I am responsible for doing the PR for a book launch this coming March so spending my evenings doing that.

For all those who are not well, I am thinking of you all with hope all will improve,

Hey Mousie, I see you. Hope you are well and Hugs

Much love and hugs

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I spent most of the day doing taxes...but I'm done...and they are e-filed!!! :yahoo:

Terry, do you have a lot of humidity with that heat? Because the degrees is pretty normal for us here in Redding, CA...BUT we don't have humidity and I know that makes it so much worse... Hope you cool off soon dear..

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

I'd much rather have humidity and heat right now than cold and stupid snow!

*HUGE hugs* to everyone! Love you all!

Edited by Izzabeta

Oh yes, according to the Bureau of Meteorology the humidity is current 68% and them temp went up to 41 about twenty minutes ago. We are heading out to the air-conditioned movies tonight for a break. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it LOL.

Just as a by the by, during the winter our temps are around -4 to +10 C so you can see we are normally listed as a "cold climate" *chuckle*. And who says climate change isn't happening?

Cat

Betts - I think the poll she is talking about is on the Mob Films site, they are the ones who will be making the Burns film. If you go to the Burns subforum under Gerry Movies here Barb has started a post that had the previous news reports and one of those has the link in it. I don't believe the poll matters any more since they've now announced Gerry would be playing Burns. It appeared they wanted public input as to some casting decisions. I didn't see James Mcavoy as one of the choices, which was actually rather surprising, but perhaps the producers just didn't view him as a contender for the part. The actress who played Sarah in OMK was leading in the choice for one leading lady (there are 2 in the film), but I've not seen any announcements about co-stars yet. I didn't care for her in OMK, but that's the only thing I believe I have seen her in so won't let it be the basis for judging her work in general.

I didn't realize until I read this post by Susan - that Gerry is definitely going to be Burns! That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for him. I tried voting at the poll a few times (recently) and finally realized in my brillance that the poll must already be closed - but I tried!

Betts - I think the poll she is talking about is on the Mob Films site, they are the ones who will be making the Burns film. If you go to the Burns subforum under Gerry Movies here Barb has started a post that had the previous news reports and one of those has the link in it. I don't believe the poll matters any more since they've now announced Gerry would be playing Burns. It appeared they wanted public input as to some casting decisions. I didn't see James Mcavoy as one of the choices, which was actually rather surprising, but perhaps the producers just didn't view him as a contender for the part. The actress who played Sarah in OMK was leading in the choice for one leading lady (there are 2 in the film), but I've not seen any announcements about co-stars yet. I didn't care for her in OMK, but that's the only thing I believe I have seen her in so won't let it be the basis for judging her work in general.

I didn't realize until I read this post by Susan - that Gerry is definitely going to be Burns! That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for him. I tried voting at the poll a few times (recently) and finally realized in my brillance that the poll must already be closed - but I tried!

Has Gerry said, from his own mouth recently, that he is definately going to play Burns? I'm sorry if I missed that. Anyway, I just love the fact that the movie is going to be made but even if Gerry plays in it, I am hoping and also thinking, that at least one of his leading ladies should be someone like Kate Winslet. Not that Gerry wouldn't be a great box office draw, but, some of those other contenders for leading ladies, I don't even know who they are! I love Kate Winslet!

D

D...that sucks....we also have had a hard year when it comes to medical bills. :tissues: ...and we're one of the lucky ones who have insurance.

Speaking of medical stuff my baby (well, actually he's 36...but he is still my baby)Bryan is having surgery today (he told me last night!!!). Please say a prayer for him today ok...that everything will be alright.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

How is he doing Sue? Well I watched RNR...loved it, Marc loved it too. We were cracking up, when the Russian guys would'nt give up. Great movie!

Jennipher.....Posted Image...I've been so worried about you woman....didn't want to call in case you were busy....it's time for coffee don't ya think??

Bryan is doing good...he'll go back in about a week to get the stitches taken out and WE (meaning Bryan and ME) are still waiting to hear the biopsy results...but like I posted, the surgeon said they (there were two) appeared to be benign...but until I hear back I will be the worrisome mom!!

Cat, I take it you guys don't have air conditioning....that would be hard...very hard! I don't think I could make it anymore without air conditioning in the summer. I hope you get a cooling trend soon. It's like spring up here in Redding which in itself is scary ... I mean we have had hardly any rain this winter and that bodes badly for us and for the rest of the state of California come summer.

Posted Image everyone!!!

love and hugs,

Sue

Hugs to all my GALS friends! :wave:

Still here in Virginia with my family...staying with my mother. So glad to have this much time to spend with her as she is 80 years old now and uses those O2 tanks all the time now. She can go out and shop a little but not for very long so we did get to Walmart and I to get RNR the 2 disc one. :pointy: She saw it in my cart and laughed and said girl, you have lost your mind since you retired! :funnyface: I laughed back and agreed I was entitled to since it is Gerry! Haven't watched it yet, saving till I get home as I want to be alone with Gerry when I watch it! :drool1::onetwo:

Somehow I caught a nasty head cold :sick2: and sinus congestion is the pits!! :bonk: At least I got to see the newborn boy and girl and family before I got sick. Feeling somewhat better but dreading that long 6-7 hour drive home tonight. Love coming down to Virginia but HATE the dreaded drive back! :unsure:

Take care and I will be checking on ya'll again soon!

Thanks Sue

No I don't drive in the insanity around the Beltway...hubby handles that. I can drive in other places just not there. We will be leaving soon.

Hugs to ya'll.

Diane

Has Gerry said, from his own mouth recently, that he is definately going to play Burns? I'm sorry if I missed that. Anyway, I just love the fact that the movie is going to be made but even if Gerry plays in it, I am hoping and also thinking, that at least one of his leading ladies should be someone like Kate Winslet. Not that Gerry wouldn't be a great box office draw, but, some of those other contenders for leading ladies, I don't even know who they are! I love Kate Winslet!

D

We do know that Evil Twins is co-producing the film, so to me that is confirmation enough that Gerry is completely on board. I can't imagine his production company would take on the task only to have someone else play the role he has dreamed of for so long! I do look forward to hearing him speak about the project himself, hopefully sometime soon!

We do know that Evil Twins is co-producing the film, so to me that is confirmation enough that Gerry is completely on board. I can't imagine his production company would take on the task only to have someone else play the role he has dreamed of for so long! I do look forward to hearing him speak about the project himself, hopefully sometime soon!

That's great news! I only queried this because of a site that polled selections for the actor to play the role. That confused me. But I'm easily confused!

This would be a part that his beautiful accent could come shining through! I'm lovint it!

D

Hello all

Forgive me if I'm incorehent and typing sucketh.

Just a few of you who read my Welcome post the intro thingy, found out I do pole fitness dance. I had class today and I got to hand upside down from our triange and trypra (think like a half circle with a bar at the bottom and half circle at top). I was told to go home and practice hand stands. Ok I not skinny and as a kid mom didn't want me to learn that stuff since she never wanted me hurt. I was over weight as a kid too (not largely but enough).

Well I don't have floor to wall room in the house so I did it in front of the front door. I boked my head and managed to get my feet up a few times and attempt to dismount carefully. My head hurts and so do my wrists (afraid I'll break them) I popped Excederin for my head.

So think of me please. I'm about to turn off the tv series Beauty and the Beast and pop in POTO before I do some light chores and sit for the evening and hold my own mini AC/DC concert since they are here in Nashville tonight and I couldn't afford to go and I've wanted to see them since middle school.

Again very sorry if I sound dumb.

Zannyzombie??? I asked her if she had any ideas for my GALS name....all ya have like something along the lines of "Gerry's yellow towel" ya know??? I can't, for the life of me, come up with one that involves Gerry, faeries, pole dancer (clothes stay on for fitness dance and no I don't work in a club. I do get to perform some at the next Jonesworld show, Mardi Gras themed on Feb 28th. Jonesworld is a funk/rock band in Nashville and I'm Tinkerbell Jones one of there Glitterchick which is kinda like a go-go dancer) AND The Scots' Thistle (I think I got that right).

Ok need food, need to be up in recliner.

Love you all

Have a good weekend and for those who like big grown men chasing after a dead pig, enjoy the game tomorrow. Me I watch for commericals and well Springsteen I remember from when I was a little one.

Anne

Hi everyone its good to be here again. Susan thanks for your reply that was very nice and you like me don't like theomk girl. I am so glad I am not the only one. Hi Jobella and Anne, cat and Mousie good to see you here.. B Jean you and I are pooped and frazzled and out of it, Shasarose< hope I got that right nice to meet you I dont' believe we have ever said hey~~ Sue, you didn't tell me what is going on with B2 and You and anything write me please I think about you every day. kayla hi, WL, D, and Diane I wish I was in va my sister said they still have not had much rain.

Its been nice here today 63 and I was outside most of the day and now its freezing again. we are supposed to get cold again.

Well i am not going to that poll since BJ you said its closed. I think those polls don't stand for much anyway. just a ploy sometimes. What do I know though. :hmm:

Well the days are flying by again . :watchclock: and the older I get the worse it gets.

:boohoo: I know I whine a lot.

I said I would not complain about winter because summer was sooo hot last year and the year before so I won't say another thing even if we have a blizzard .

Well nothing new here, I have a friend I met on the computer when I first came on the computer she is about 70 and I got an e mail from the lady that cares for her saying last week she went to the er with a heart attack and I was so surprised because she told me she had a cold. Well I wrote back to the e mail address asked what hospital so I could send a card and no reply. I called the hospitals in that area only 2. and she was put in and let out the next day and I dont' know where she is. She is not home and she has one nephew and one very old Aunt. Unless she is at hospice or the lady that cares for her. but why they would not answer my e mail makes me concerned. I don't know where she is. that is strange.

Well everyone have a good rest of the weekend. love ya'll Raina Snow :hearts:

Hello to you too Raina *big hugs*

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. *big hugs to everyone*

-Kayla

How about "Gerry's Private Dancin' Faery"? Not sure how to include the Thistle part of it, though.

hmmmm sounds interesting *halo over head*

Maybe that by night and by day, guardian of the Scots' Thistle???

Myspace has Gerry on it right now something to do with articles and trailers on RnR. I know I could post this elsewhere but I was here and about to pop back over to see what all the fuss is about myspace wise. I've seen what the gals have to say about it here since some of ya'll own it now :)

PS Head feels better but so not my muscles. I think when I was doing this backwards, lacking of grace since I have none, spin down the pole, I think I did land on my knee to some degree. I noticed when I was in the tub (took a nice HOT bath while watching, kinda, POTO and my bath had epsom salts in it) and my knee has new bruises and really hurt. I ended up icing it down a few times last night. It was also very hard to sleep last night. The temps are looking up. I wonder what the groundhog will say tomorrow! *giggles*

Wow!

It feels like it's been forever since I have been in here!

How are my lovelies?!

Huge hugs and sloppy kisses to all of ya!

Wanted to come in and say 'hey' in between projects!

Posted Image

:lol:

Everyone have a good day!

Gerry! Do the dance of joy!

Posted Image

:hugs:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

:funnyup: ahhh Bethy, you always make me smile...crazy woman that you are!!!!

I like both of those names Anne!!

Betts, I said a prayer today for your friend and for your peace of mind regarding her....

I hope everyone has a great Sunday...we got our 3D glasses for super bowl halftime! lol

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish

Well as always prayers get answered Dottie wrote today from home she had been in a different hospital that is why they told me wrong. but she is home and did have a heart attack but must not have been too bad. I told her to let me know how bad. but she is resting. thanks everyone for the prayers.

How is everyones sunday? watching the game it started too early for me I was in church I think it started like 11am here? I dont' know. anyway its nice out and I went walking and then got dizzy and had to lay down. I have so much inner ear, and tmj and sinus and you name it so I took an antivert and I am ok now Praise the Lord.

Bethy good to hear from you pop in more often so we know you are still around. boy you keep so busy. bless your heart.

Sue hi and KAyla dear, you are a sweetie and sapphrye? hope that is right and PM> not many on here yet today still early. Well i am going to go eat somemore of my ww taco soup its sooooo good and I can have 13 tostillo scoops with it. :ohbaby: love ya'll Raina Snow

Betts, my mom's name is Dottie! I will keep your friend in prayer.

Today I am writing like gangbusters on my second draft, and in just a few minutes I am going to prepare a pot-roast. I've started exercising again and I think it's helping my depression, but I'm still seeing the GYN on the 20th.

Last night Bill and I watched the final 20 minutes of 300, and you should have seen his tears. I swear, my man has the softest heart. After that we laughed our arses off with a few scenes from the Meet The Spartans.

Bethy, wonderful to see you active on the board again! I think the board really feels it when we are missing our regulars. Speaking of which... has anyone heard from Nancy?

Hugs to all.

Swannie