Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

RE: question about Buddy Holly earlier. I know I'm not Texas Grandma -- and I'm not old enough to remember the day the music died -- but Buddy died before the baby was due. I think Maria Elena lost the baby within a month to six weeks later. Soooo sad. Maria Elena has been out and about at various events honoring Buddy in Lubbock...you see her around once in awhile.

However, I asked my Dad, a good son of the Texas soil, once about what he remembered about that day. It was a fair question since he was 1) raised in TExas, 2) we were all living in Texas at the time of the plane crash and he was at SMU a place where rock music would have been talked about and 3) it was this serious big deal thing in the change of US culture. He responded that he didn't remember that --- but he sure remembered " the time the Big Bopper died --- the guy from down in Port Arthur."

Well, not bad Dad --- but they were actually together! Some disaster! How could he have remembered one and not the other??? It still baffles me (and it's made me laugh, about the vagaries of Dad and people, ever since!!!!).......

sad day though

But on to other things. Happy Monday and FULL THROTTLE to Burns!!!!! What happy news that is!

Jill

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE to lose thirty pounds. Awesome job!

I'm not old enough to remember "the day the music died," either -- but I'm a serious music fan and have known all about it since I first heard Don McLean's "American Pie" in the early 1970s. "What is this song about???" Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper *and* Ritchie Valens (who was only 17) perished in the plane crash. And, yes, Maria Elena lost the baby a few weeks later.

Several years ago, I watched a haunting VH-1 "Behind the Music" special about that awful day in 1959. It was fascinating until they showed footage of the crash site not long after the crash itself actually happened. I was shocked that it was even shown because it was quite graphic (don't worry, I won't mention anything here). Then I was unbearably sad. What a senseless tragedy.

If any of you want a really good movie to watch (that actually doesn't feature our G-Man), you might want to see "La Bamba," which is Ritchie Valens' life story. Even though he was only 17, he was a special young man with a brilliantly promising future. Lou Diamond Phillips was phenomenal in that role.

Oh, Walmart was mentioned. I went there earlier today. Ick. If my back hadn't been killing me, I would have raced out of that hellhole! It's just so LOUD. Love the bargains, abhor the noise!

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Hi all

Swannie: So glad you had a great time and "wiped yourself out"... good! About time you had a bit of fun too.

I'm in Australia and I am old enough, just, to remember my parent talking about "that" plane crash. Sad really.

I have just been fighting my telco. They are great at getting you an account but just try to change it... *argh!!!!!* Three months, four visits and they still can't get it right. It's costing me heaps of $$$ too. I've just made a complaint to the Telco Ombudsman.. see if that helps.

OK, my rant over with.

Hugs to all

Cat

Good evening/morning ladies.

Just woke up from a 4 hour nap lol, now i'm all resfreshed. Hope everyone is doing well.

*hugs*

Kayla

Congratulations, Betts! Yay - and wow - 30 lbs. time to send out some new pics. And your story about Monica is funny - and so true. My son used to call me and he'd say "Mom - this is your son....Larry" - like I didn't know his name or his voice or who called me Mom?

Today's the day - RockNRolla on DVD. I haven't seen it and didn't get one ordered (I know, boo hiss on me) so I'll try to buy one someplace.

It snowed here yesterday and it was very, very cold. Supposed to be a little warmer today - maybe up to 35. The cold weather is very hard for the arthritis in my hands - like the weather affects your fibro, Betts.

Everyone have a good day - stay safe, warm and Gerry-addicted!

I have fibro as well, and the weather DEFINITELY affects it. Yesterday and today aren't the greatest days for it as there's another snowstorm approaching. Everything aches like hell, and the fibro fog is really bad.

Congratulations, Betts! Yay - and wow - 30 lbs. time to send out some new pics. And your story about Monica is funny - and so true. My son used to call me and he'd say "Mom - this is your son....Larry" - like I didn't know his name or his voice or who called me Mom?

Today's the day - RockNRolla on DVD. I haven't seen it and didn't get one ordered (I know, boo hiss on me) so I'll try to buy one someplace.

It snowed here yesterday and it was very, very cold. Supposed to be a little warmer today - maybe up to 35. The cold weather is very hard for the arthritis in my hands - like the weather affects your fibro, Betts.

Everyone have a good day - stay safe, warm and Gerry-addicted!

Thank you so much for the kindness and support as it's deeply appreciated.

I don't talk too much about it, but today's an especially bad day with the fog. It's hard to deal with this sort of thing as my brain was always sharp. Now it's so dulled. Ugh.

My doctor is also trying to figure out if I have Lyme Disease because I'm borderline positive for it. Maybe if I just stare at Gerry long enough, all of this will dissipate! (I wish...!) Well, he's such good medicine in so many ways that it almost doesn't seem far-fetched.

Phantom's Muse - oh, you and Raina Snow have my sympathy - pain is a terrible thing to endure - whether physical or emotional - pain just plain out hurts like h___~!

Hey ladies, what do you think about this: I've been thinking that with the announcement of Evil Twins having a hand in the production of Burns... they will need a film score. Given their small budget, they won't be able to afford the big time composers.... so I am thinking, "Why not?" Why not have Nathan send a promo packet to Evil Twins? He could give them a gorgeous and very affordable soundtrack. He could even thread Burns' own melodies throughout. I know the chances of him getting the job are slim to nothing... but you don't get anywhere in life if you don't at least try! Right?

Anyhow, it's just something I've been mulling over. Nathan now has a credit on IMDb, so they might at least listen to a few samples.

Swannie

Hi BJ,

Yep, I talked to him this morning. He's game!

I suggested he use Red Red Rose as a primary melody and interweave it with own orchestral ideas for a sample to send them. It occurred to me that they will probably want to go with a Scottish composer/musician, but Nathan can at least submit something just in case (and he does have some Scots in him).

Nathan is very gifted at bringing emotion to his music, and music with a touch of Scottish folk would be a perfect fit for Nathan's style.

Now we just need to figure out the proper channels for submission. Most productions companies do not accept unsolicited material.

Swannie

Go for it Swannie and Nat, it would be wonderful coming from Nat. and you. I hope it happens your stuff is so beautiful. Yes Phantoms Muse I have fibro too and lately it has been knocking me for a loop I have that low grade fever that comes with it and you feel like you have the flu but you dont'. I have had it diagnosed since 1972 some drs. say its in our heads. This is what Monica is running into out in Texas they want her to go to a head shrink. but its real. she can't take lyrica either can I.

bonnie how you be? Kayla, and Jill and Sue cheryl thanks for the compliments on my weight loss. now 14 more to go and then I want to go 3 more below that. so 17 really. I have a car load of things to take to Christian serv center I can't wear had to get me new underwear today :goodjob: But when I get it all off Gerald is going to buy me a new wardrobe. he will have to or I will be walking around with sleeves and shirts to the ground.

Monica called said ice storm in Arlington and black ice I told her stay home if you can.

I ordered my RocknRolla can't wait to get it. :onetwo: it should be funny.

Well I just cooked so now I have to clean up :tantrum: where my maid? when you need her.

Well have to volunteer tomorrow they said don't come in and now they called us the hospital admins didnt show up this week so maybe they will next week we will have 2 days off then.

love ya;'ll stay warm and cool whatever one you are in. I am going to the showers :shower::curtains: Raina Snow

Yes, I take Lyrica and Cymbalta. We just upped the dosage on the Cymbalta as well. Ack. Honestly, it has helped but I guess I was hoping for a miracle cure. Have you or your daughter tried any homeopathic remedies? I take "Energy Revitalization System," which is packed with B vitamins, and that seems to boost me a bit.

Raina Snow - new underwear! Woo Hooo - gettin' a little risque in your posts, don't you think?

:LoL that's really good news. And a new wardrobe will certainly make it all worth while. You have been a real trooper - and stuck with it. Cheers to you, RS!

Just wanted to shout out to everyone! Again, I'm not here too often anymore (darn the work computers for only allowing about three sites total... all work-related) but I'm here at GALS everyday! Much love SC!

~Mel

Abs - Huge Hugs and always nice to know all is well with you.

Swannie - go for it - and I will keep fingers crossed (metaphorically or I can't type)

Hugs to all with aches and pains - looks like everyone is keeping a positive attitude.

Cat

Yay you go for it Swan, once they hear the talent they'll be hooked. Remember, nothing ventured nothing gained and it is about getting a name out there.

Hellooo to gorgeous GALS allover the world. :wave: It's been a while, and BOY have i missed you guys. :tantrum:

Great to hear from you again Phantom, my love goes out to you,it's been a while since we talked. PM me if you'd like a chat. :kiss:

Is Barb still floating on cloud 9???? It was a meeting meant to be.......now if i can just improve my Scottish accent and somehow snag a part on Burns, all would be sweet *keep dreaming, it's a nice dram..oh i mean dream!*

Love to all across the miles. HUGH hugs to those that need them and those that don't (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)

Must keep in contact more, so i guess i'll see ya around the boards.

ALI :kiss:

Good morning everyone -

Swansong - seems all Gals everywhere think you and Nathan should go for it! Hope you will.

Read in the paper this am about all the sleet and ice storms in the South - wow! It's cold and snowy here in CO - but that's to be expected here. The article specifically mentioned Southern Mo, Ark, and Ky. Hope it missed any of you that are in those areas.

Watched RNR yesterday - it's a very different film. I'm sure you have all watched it by now or saw it at the theater. Gerry was funny and he played the role very well. He's a very talented guy - we already knew that, didn't we.

I hope everyone is feeling well - safe, warm and secure - and very much in awe and in love with the man, Gerry Butler.

Cheers!

Happy Wednesday to all! As far as the weather is concerned, it's cold but sunny here in northern Missouri today. Yesterday it snowed a little. I saw some bad, creepy things across Pennsylvania last night on the news weatherwise! Hope the weather where Gerry is isn't too bad! I wish he'd wear a scarf/muffler around that beautiful, delicious neck of his and at least one of his caps! Most of body heat escapes through the head! You know, he'd look cute in a cowboy hat! How my mind doth run!

D

Edited by GBPhanatic