Gerard Butler GALS

Rolling His Words

gerran

Okay, I now know that I've been listening to my POTO soundtrack too much. I'm now starting to notice when Gerry rolls the words he is singing, and it's not just the r's he's rolling. For example, in POTO, he rolls "behind" in "And though you turn from me to glance behind." Also, in PONR, he rolls "descend" in "Let the dream descend." He also does some rolling in Music of the Night, such as on some of his "nights" and on the "fight" in "In this darkness that you cannot fight." I hope I'm not imagining him rolling some of those words because my head starts to roll when I hear some of his rolling. I really have to give Gerry credit on how far he managed to come in his singing ability, really an amazing feat considering he wasn't trained for this type of singing until he found out JS was interested in having him as the Phantom. I really wish Gerry will do another singing role sometime in the future; I loved how he sang in POTO, and I would love to see his voice develop even more. I know Gerry's main passion is acting, but it would please me to have new singing material from Gerry to listen to. If I keep on listening to POTO, I don't know what else I'm going to start noticing besides him being extremely emotional in his singing and his rolling of some of the words he sings. Good work in POTO, Gerry, I hope you are proud of your performance in that movie because you should be, especially for not being stage trained. Gerry really brought the words to life with his passion and his intensity.

I guess I'm going to have to pull this CD out and refresh my memory.

Since you're discussing the CD, I've noticed that if I turn it up loud in the car, when he sings the part "Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation", I can feel his voice vibrate in my chest.

I LOVE THAT!!! It feels gooooood!

Ren

Okay, I now know that I've been listening to my POTO soundtrack too much.

Oh, no. There is no such thing as listening to the POTO soundtrack too much! :confused:

I'm now starting to notice when Gerry rolls the words he is singing, and it's not just the r's he's rolling.

My favorite "roll" is: "I am therrrrrre inside!"

I really wish Gerry will do another singing role sometime in the future; I loved how he sang in POTO, and I would love to see his voice develop even more. I know Gerry's main passion is acting, but it would please me to have new singing material from Gerry to listen to.

OMG, me too!!!! I cannot tell you how much I hope he does other singing roles. I was so impressed with his performance and especially after I learned he was not a trained vocalist, I was dumbfounded. Being a trained vocalist, I know how difficult it can be to sing some of Christine's pieces, let alone the Phantom's not to mention following in Crawford's shoes. That is part of the reason I fell for Gerry and became a fan. It would be SO awesome to hear fresh material from Gerry and that unbelievably sexy, rich voice.

I'll have to listen for more of the "rolling" now! Off to get my ipod..........

I think its a safe bet a good majority of us fine ladies listen to the cd more often than we'd like to admit :wave: It's hard not to.

For some reason I have a hard time just listening to it cause it always makes me wanna watch it too!! :p

I think the biggest rrrroll is when he sings Don Juan Triumpherrrrrnt! Well I can't spell it but you know what I mean! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

For some reason I have a hard time just listening to it cause it always makes me wanna watch it too!! :p

I think the biggest rrrroll is when he sings Don Juan Triumpherrrrrnt! Well I can't spell it but you know what I mean! :cunning:

I love that! He sort of "growls" it! There is so much power in Gerry's voice in POTO! Very sexy.....but sad!

D

I love that! He sort of "growls" it! There is so much power in Gerry's voice in POTO! Very sexy.....but sad!

D

God-when he growls! :thud:

(Ren is stalking me . . .)

Edited by phoenixgirl

Reading your posts brings a smile to my face, thanks. I might watch the movie this weekend, but I have noticed that I notice more things in the actual singing when I'm listening to the soundtrack and not watching the DVD. I guess the movie distracts me too much, lol. But it has been a few weeks since I last watched the movie, so I just might have to watch it again soon. Along with hearing Gerry sing, I also love to look at his emotional, piercing eyes and admire the deep emotions on his face. Oh, yeah, he has nice long slender legs to look at as well. And he looks so skinny in his Red Death outfit; I noticed that the last time I watched the movie. Okay, I'm obsessed over his singing, so now it's time to become obsessed over other things concerning him, lol. Is it possible to fall in love with a voice? The answer: a deep, resounding "Yes, Yes, Yes!" Those eyes of his are also to fall in love with.

Edited by gerran

Ladies, me too. When the snow was falling the other day, I thought, You NEED to watch POTO again and popped the DVD in. It seemed so appropriate with the snow scenes in it. :wuv: Sure warmed up a cold day! :phantom2:

Finally-some more Phantom threads :phantom: This is the reason I came, the reason I come back, and about the only place I post.

I first found Phantom in April of last year and quickly fell in love with Erik :erik:

I doubt if I ever cried so much in a movie, and cried each time I've watched it. I just watched it last Wed. and again :yummy:

I read blogs on other sites where Gerry was torn apart but critics and watchers because of his Scottish accent coming through in places. SO WHAT!!!! :swoon: Just more IMHO to love about the Phantom. After all, they all were supposed to be speaking French, so why the worry about one actor's particular accent? :phantom2: I was more interested in watching what has now become my favorite movie of all time than worrying when he said something if it had a bit of burr to it. Each time I watch it, I wonder when I will get tired of watching, and by the next day, I am ready to watch again. :bouncydrool:

Who can help but appreciate the superb acting, especially in the roof scene and in PONR, when the Phantom realizes he has lost Christine forever? :tissues: If anyone ever deserved an Oscar nomination, it was this performance :clap:

To the critics I say :curse:

To The Phantom, I say :tens: