Gerard Butler GALS

My Christmas Present From Gerry

I posted this on the support center, but I have to share it here.

My post: MY STORY: Click here to see what I wrote minutes after the phone call!

I can't even believe this happened.

Gerry called me today.

I will be eternally thankful for his kindess to think of me enough to make the phone call.

He gave 6 minutes of his life to me, and it is the greatest present I coud have ever received.

Thank you Dr Em. Thank you, always.

Gerry wished my Mom and I well, and made me laugh a few times.

I will always be thankful for this.

This is one of the greatest moments of my life!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard the news, I was so fricking happy for you, I was jumping up and down and had a severe case of perma-grin! ::D: Am continued to be amazed by this wonderful man, the compassion and big heart of my PA soul sista, and the spirit and courage of such a beautiful mother.

:kiss: Stef

Wow! When I read the email you sent Bethy, I felt like I was having a heart attack!

Now I feel all teary. What a wonderful thing to do. Gerry really is a wonderful, considerate, caring person!

Bethy,

I'm so happy for you. What a cool gift. I think I read about it as soon as you posted, and I ran upstairs and told my family about what happened. They too were impressed, that he would take his time out of a busy schedule to call you. Can you see how many of us are so happy for you? We are going to need a lot more mop boys, because the drool is going to flow, and not only is the man gorgeous, he's stealing our hearts as well!

Edited by Football Princess

Bethy ~

I love you with all my heart and I'm so grateful for your Christmas Miracle.

I'm so happy to hear your mother is doing well and that you had a wonderful Christmas with her.

Two miracles in one day. Does it get any better than that?

You are such a dear, sweet woman and I absolutely adore you. Your kindness and goodness to others is always so inspiring. You are a strong woman and you have shown all of us how to endure hardship with grace and dignity.

No one deserved this Christmas Miracle more than you.

With all my love!

Dr. Em

:santaclaus:

My Dear Bethy,

I felt compelled to log on last night and saw your wonderful news! I was so thrilled and delighted for you, and wish you and your family the very best for the Holidays.

(This has been the worst time for me, I battle with depression and sometimes feel I am losing , but as always a visit to this site will help when I read such wonderful stories as yours.)

I hope all the GALS have a magical time.

love

Anna

Guest greyeyegoddess

How did I miss this, Bethy?

I am very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the sound of the conversation stays with you always. There's something very comforting about Gerry's voice. You really deserve such a gift!

I'm so glad that things are getting better, and I can't wait to see you share the screen with Gerry. I'm looking forward to it.

I really hope the new year brings joy, health and happiness to you and your family. In fact, I wish that on all gals.

~alice

Bethy,

I'm so happy. When I came homs last night from our Christmas dinner I had a weird feeling that I had to come online. So I did and read your wonderfull story. You really deserved this and I hope it gives you all the courage for the next year.

:hugs:

Sofie

Bethy,

I can't even begin to express the happiness that I have for you, your Mother, and your family. As Dr. Em said, two miracles in one day! Usually I try to hide a bit of my Gerry-obsession from my family, but after I read your post last night, I had to tell them about THE CALL. I was so moved that he'd call you on Christmas to wish you and your family well, and to help do what he could to ease your pain. Compassion doesn't begin to cover it.

I thought I was in awe before....I am still a little shaky and teary when I think about it. Somehow, his call to you became the best Christmas present that we could get. I am so glad that you got to talk to him. When I meet Gerry, I'll thank him first for his call to you, for his good wishes, for his empathy. What a man!

You deserve it, girl! If anyone could make you sure of yourself, if anyone could convince you that there are tons of possibilities in the world, I knew it was Gerry. Thank goodness for him and his effort on your part!

Love ya,

Merry Christmas,

My prayers are with you! (And the funny thing is, since I'm not much of a praying person, I managed to pray for you and your family and a few other friends at mass on Friday and Saturday - here's hoping the big guy heard it!)

BTW - what time did G call? I certainly hope that he was with his family!!!!

Jen

Bethy, I have replied in the Support Center, but wanted to share a few thoughts here as well. You know, I will probably never have the joy of meeting Gerry and will admit that it's hard NOT to be jealous of those lucky fans who have. But when I read your message about Gerry's call, I wasn't even jealous one bit! I have never met you, but your giving and generous soul shines through all over this board, and in your post about Gerry's call, I sensed your humility and gentle nature. Thanks so much for sharing.... because now, the gift Gerry gave just to sweet you, has been shared with us all.

Please know that you and your mom are in my prayers and thoughts. I am so glad to "know" you Bethy.

Swan

Edited by Swansong

Bethy dearest....

I just got home from visiting family and saw what a wonderful, wonderful thing Gerry did for you. Hon, I can't imagine a more deserving person - I am so deeply thrilled for you that I can't even form words enough to express what I'm thinking! Hold it close, sweetie, and call it to mind if things ever get rough. You are so loved, and that love will keep you through the troubled times. I'm glad that your mom knows about it, too, and I'm sure that seeing you so happy does a world of good for her as well. You see? All the love you give comes back to you 100 fold. I have always felt that way, but this is a wonderful, tangible proof of that. I am so unbelievably happy for you, Bethy -- big warm hugs and gushy (tnl) kisses.

~Beanie

It was a little less than 24 hours ago I first read your story, Bethy and I emailed one of my soul sistahs about it, telling her that I was so excited because I feel like one of your cyber-moms and it was as if Gerry's call was made to my daughter. I continue to be touched not only by what he did, but by the beautiful spirit of the others on this board who have ALL expressed nothing but gratitude and love about the gift you received. I think we can all honestly say that it was a gift to each of us, as you are too dear, sweet Bethy. I was so happy to get to meet you last month, I don't think you realize that YOU are the reason I decided to come to NY, I had to meet our wonderful Bethy in person. I am still grinning today, thinking about what an absolutely PAIRFECT gift that phone call was, and always will be.

Bethy,

WOW! :cell: A phone call from Gerry Butler!!! WOW!

On Christmas Day!!! What a Christmas present!!! :tree:

How did you ever remain calm?

I'm glad you were able to tell him your dream of one day working with him.

He really is genuine! I am so happy for you! :yippee:

I'm glad to hear your mom is in good spirits!

I wish you and your family health and happiness in the coming year!

Cheers!

Love,

Suzanne

I posted this on the support center, but I have to share it here.

My post: http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...ndpost&p=819672

I can't even believe this happened.

Gerry called me today.

I will be eternally thankful for his kindess to think of me enough to make the phone call.

He gave 6 minutes of his life to me, and it is the greatest present I coud have ever received.

Thank you Dr Em. Thank you, always.

Gerry wished my Mom and I well, and made me laugh a few times.

I will always be thankful for this.

This is one of the greatest moments of my life!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

I already posted in the support center, but I wanted to say here how happy I am that he called you. I wish you and your mom the best of luck.

*hugs*

Guest Aislinn

Dearest Bethy,

I am SOOOO Happy for you. I am crying here! You have been through so much

this year and deserved to have something really magical happen to you at

Christmas.

What I think is especially dear is that our HERO is really a HERO. This is a man

with such a great capacity for compassion and undestanding. The characters

he plays on screen touch our lives, but it is the man himself that touches our

soul.

Aw, sweetie, I cannot say enough how very happy I am for you.

Dreams do come true.

(((HUGS))))

~ Aislinn/Ashley

Bethy,

I was reading your post yesterday, at the same time Dr Em called me to tell me about it! I'm so thrilled for you. I'm glad Gerry was able to do something to help you get through this time! What a guy. ::D:

We all love you! Merry Christmas! :kiss:

:mopboystranger: What a sweet man!! He never seems stop amazing me...

Bethy

Very glad he came through for you - whata christmas present.. Especially glad your Mum knows too.

Sending you my hugs and support

love

Aussierose

:kisswink:

Edited by aussierose