Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

1/23 - Video of Gerry at Philadelphia City Hall

from: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=...&id=6621847

Video at above link ;)

By Erin O'Hearn CENTER CITY - January 23, 2009 (WPVI) -- Jaime Foxx is in Philly to party, but also to work on a new movie.

Jaime Foxx is in Philly to party, but also to work on a new movie.

"I have to thank the city of Philadelphia; you have opened your arms to us and it's been great," Jamie Foxx said.

Those weren't the only accolades the actors of the movie "Law Abiding Citizen" had for the city of Brotherly Love, as his fellow actor Gerard Butler said Philadelphia is his new favorite city.

This afternoon, the Mayor's Reception Room was transformed into a red carpet event of sorts, as he presented the stars of the movie Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler and Director F. Gary Gray with the Liberty Bell, an official welcome gift from the city of Philadelphia. Although the movie is a thriller, the event took on more of a comedic feel.

The movie will be in production for 50 days in the Philadelphia area and is expected to bring in $50-million in economic activity in the region.

While Foxx's stint in Philadelphia is helping to promote the city, it appeared Foxx was hoping to use the city to promote himself and his new chart-topping CD.

The movie is set to be released in 2010.

:funnyup:

Thanks for posting, this is so cute. Perhaps now that the B and Alan are producing he might even get a chance someday to make that Oscar acceptance speech. Just adorable.

Yep when they Produce if the film wins Best Picture it is the Producers who get up to accept the award so Gerry has 2 shots with this film - not just with his acting - he can still be known as Academy Award Winner in everything he does after that even if he does not win for acting. I personally think to win for that would be more rewarding to him.

Moira

Gerry is just too darn cute!! And once again I agree with you Moira *hugs*, you must be invading my mind today lol or perhaps i'm invading yours lol

I love them!!! They're so cute, thank you for sharing them sweetie

Yep Tap he sure is gorgeous in them thanks. I posted 2 of those pics in another thread about an hour and a half ago but never get tired of looking at them. You can never have too many Gerry pics :funnyup:

Moira

You can never have too many Gerry pics :funnyup:

Moira

Soooo true!! Posted Image

Shame that camera angle could not have been just a little more to the left...what's wrong with that cameraman/woman? :tantrum: Gerry was just :drool1:

Thanks Becozy for posting.

Gerry called himself "GerARD"! I guess he's giving up with having it pronounced properly. I just love him so! :wuv:

D

Thanks Barb...I was hoping we'd get to see this event. JF is pretty funny too! I'll bet him and Gerry have a great time together!

:wave: Frannie

I really do think they are making more of a fuss over JF then anybody else though! It would be nice if they would mention the fact that Gerry is also producing the film!! Oh well maybe someday his day will come...and he won't be the guy announced after the Academy award winner so and so....I pray!

Frannie

I am sure they did mention Gerry was producing as I listened to the whole radio clip. I think when Mayor Nutter introduced him he said a few of his films and then said he is also producing.

Moira

I loved how he was having a good time....he seems so relaxed these last few days it's awesome :) He was too cute with the Oscar bit, also about going hating going second :wuv:

Is it just me or does his hair look a bit lighter, almost with a hint of red in it??? Either way he looked great!

Brianne

Frannie,

As Moira mentioned, the Mayor did mention Gerry was also producing when he introduced him. He got a cute little look on his face too :)

Brianne

hi thanks for posting this video. it was great to see Gerry and he did seem quite happy and really excited to finally get LAC off the ground. cant wait to see this movie i know it will be a winner. dede :yay:

Thanks for the video, can't wait until 2010 for the movie.

ginny (Sassenach)

thanks so much for that! that was totally cute of him :kisswink:

He does seem relaxed and excited I just think Im gonna burst waiting for this movie to come out lol!

I hope he goes full out ape s#@$ crazy in this movie for his character :bonk: