Gerard Butler GALS

15 Things You Should Never Say to a Woman

Janine

This amused me and I thought I would share. I'd like to add a couple more things to this list...haha.

15 Things You Should Never Say to a Woman

Jan 23rd 2009

By Emily McCombs

"Can I kiss you?" These words may sound sweet, but most women say the phrase is actually a bad idea. It's no secret that men and women communicate differently. What that means for men is that every once in awhile we accidentally wander into a conversational minefield and find ourselves blown to bits before we even realize what we said wrong.

To help you (and us) out, we asked real live women to put together a cheat sheet of verboten phrases and explanations so that you never again end up on the couch over a phrase as seemingly innocuous as "You look fine." (Hint: She wants to look better than "fine.")

15. What did you do to your hair? If you're asking because you don't like it, it's too late. And if you're asking because you really can't tell, pay more attention!

14. Why aren't you married? There is no right answer to this question. Either nobody's asked us, or we just don't want to be. Either way, is it any of your business?

13. You're being irrational. To a woman, words like "irrational" and "emotional" are loaded with double meanings. You're better off choosing an adjective not loaded with sexist tripwires.

12. Your best friend is really hot. We know she's hot, but telling us you think so is the quickest way to never see her again.

11. Can I kiss you? Don't suck all the spontaneity out of the moment by asking, just go for it! If we're not into it, we'll let you know.

10. You aren't one of those feminists, are you? You aren't one of those guys who enjoys sleeping on the couch, are you?

9. You're cute when you're mad. You are not cute when you are being patronizing!

8. That's not the way my ex did it. You're better off just avoiding the topic of ex-girlfriends in general, unless accompanied by phrases like "vastly inferior to my current girlfriend."

7. So how old are you? Old enough to know not to ask rude questions.

6. You sound just like your mother. Are you insulting us, or our mothers? Both? Oh, it's on.

5. Smile. There is nothing more infuriating than being told to "Smile" when you don't feel like it.. Aren't we allowed to have a bad day?

4. You sure you wanna eat that? If she wasn't sure, she wouldn't have ordered it. And are you sure you want to question her diet, Mr. Nacho, Wings and Beer Belly?

3. The "B" word, ever. Calling a woman a "b****" (or worse) in any context is just not OK. We will flip out.

2. When are you due? Unless her belly is indisputably housing a baby, never assume a woman is pregnant. We will, however, accept offers of seats even if we're just bloated.

1. Is it that time of the month? Blaming a woman's anger on her period is the quickest way to ensure her rage will now be focused on you. It doesn't matter if she blows up at you like clockwork every 28 days -- just don't say it.

http://www.asylum.com/2009/01/23/15-things...4513x1201169198

I've always loved the things men shouldnt say. I saw a tshirt once that talked about things men shouldnt say during those oh so happy moments LOL

I had WOMEN ask some of these rude questions and it's just as bad coming from females! However, I disagree with the "can I kiss you" question. I think this is just the way a man is being unobtrusive of invading a space he may not be welcome in. Also, I wouldn't want some dude coming in for the snog and an awkward moment occurs when he ends up kissing open air when I jerk away!

Here's one I can add. I hate it when I'm in a "conversation" with a man and especially if I'm making my point quite eloquently and he says, "calm down"! This is a chauvenistic remark designed to infer that my emotions are out of hand. All that remark gets me is infuriated and then I AM PO'd! But I don't show it because to do that, is playing in to his remark as it was designed to do that very thing and get me discombobulated! I just let him "talk to the hand" and walk off. I'm sure I can think of others.

D

Oh the when are you due is the worst!!!! I had a guy tell me once while I was trying on clothes "my ex looked better in that". *SLAP*

Edited by Izzabeta

2. When are you due? Unless her belly is indisputably housing a baby, never assume a woman is pregnant. We will, however, accept offers of seats even if we're just bloated.

Have been asked that and ashamed to say I have asked to someone who wasn't

Love,

Tracy

WOW Delene, I would have jacked that dude in his mouth with a roast beef sandwhich(theres a joke behind the sandwhich).

Okay i'll explain my joke. A few months back I played DD for my friend to had tooooo much to drink and we were sitting outside getting some air when I decided to come inside and get a rice cake for a snack. She sends me a text message of a man in jeans with a hole in the crotch of the pants and his ahem were hanging out and said "How about a sack lunch?" I about died laughing.

I texted her back and said i'd be out in a minute. She replied with "hurry your cute butt up before I slap you in your whorish mouth with a roast beef sammich"...she was crocked.

So now the running gag when someone P's me off is that i'm going to smack them in they're W mouth with a roast beef sandwhich.

Oh thats a bad one too! And you can't forget the AWFUL pick up lines lol. "Do you know what would look good on you?..me" gag me

These are so funny! I have to admit to the saying someone else's name in the heat of the moment! I couldn't help it lol! Yeah that is my excuse!

Oh thats a bad one too! And you can't forget the AWFUL pick up lines lol. "Do you know what would look good on you?..me" gag me

That one is awful... :spit:

Gerry Duty

These are so funny! I have to admit to the saying someone else's name in the heat of the moment! I couldn't help it lol! Yeah that is my excuse!

:D:D That's bad... That is so bad I can´t comment on it :bonk:

I've been called someone else in the throws of passion before. I was beyond ticked and he got slapped and the passion ended lol. Now onto the pathetic excuses for pick up lines that i've heard.

1.) while checking my tag inside my shirt, "what are you doing?" "i'm just checking to see if you were made in heaven"

2.) Is your father a baker? because you've got great buns.

3.) Did it hurt? did what hurt? Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

those are the WORST ones i've heard LOL

This isn't really in tune with what we are talking about here, really but it came to mind. Once, I had a boss, whom called me in to his office to take some notes (I was his assistant). We had always had a great rapport, or so I thought. I looked at him, note pad poised in hand and he said, "I'm in love with you! Want to _____?" You fill in the blank! I was stunned but kept my cool. I thought maybe I didn't hear him right! I almost said "excuse me?" But he had such a look on his face that I felt bad about making him repeat it. I saw him in a complete different light then! I just calmly looked at him and said, "thank you, no." and sat down and got ready to write. Not sure if that was a compliment or not. He glazed over it and began dictating something to me and that was the end of that. He later apologized and I said, "no problem". True story!

D

WOW.....I would have jacked him in his mouth for that one. It seemed flattering but disrespectful at the same time. sheesh men lol

Edited by Izzabeta

WOW.....I would have jacked him in his mouth for that one. It seemed flattering but disrespectful at the same time. sheesh men lol

I think that was his intention, to mask a lude comment first by saying he loved me! The thing is, what would a girl do if someone who looked like Gerry said something like that? Would it make it different? Just wondering.

D

You know if Gerry was my boss and said that to me, even though I'm in love with that man, I still would have a snide remark, because regardless of my love and adoration for him, it wouldn't give him the right to speak to me like I were a mere object of lust for his satisfaction.

But it would also be soooo very hard to say no to that man :thud:

You know if Gerry was my boss and said that to me, even though I'm in love with that man, I still would have a snide remark, because regardless of my love and adoration for him, it wouldn't give him the right to speak to me like I were a mere object of lust for his satisfaction.

But it would also be soooo very hard to say no to that man :thud:

But isn't that what he is to some of us to some extent? Say, your rapport with him was very "open" and friendly and talking that way was a part of your friendship as well as your working relationship. Would you take it to mean anything deeper or just a one time romp in the hay? Just curious.

D

Now you've piqued my curiosity lol. Hmm...I'm not sure exactly. I'd look into it more. If I had a good rapport with him, everything open..hmm hard call. I'd flat out ask him if he truly meant what he said or was it to be a one time thing.

And yes Gerry is our object of lust tee hee, I was just trying to be a classy non exciteable gal lol :funnyup:

Edited by Izzabeta

Now you've piqued my curiosity lol. Hmm...I'm not sure exactly. I'd look into it more. If I had a good rapport with him, everything open..hmm hard call. I'd flat out ask him if he truly meant what he said or was it to be a one time thing.

And yes Gerry is our object of lust tee hee, I was just trying to be a classy non hornball gal lol :funnyup:

I think you can be both, classy and lustful (I'm not fond of the word "horny"). It gives you something to ponder though, doesn't it? I've had many bosses that have expressed their feelings out front and others who I just knew what they were thinking and I was a good girl every time, even with the ones I could be attracted to. But if it was Gerry? That's something I'd have to really contemplate! I might think he was "testing" me to see how I would react or what I'd do. I'd probably respond with a comeback, put the ball back in his court. Say something like, "you say that to every girl, Gerry, when you feel a little "randy"! Behave yourself!" But I'd secretly hope, he'd make another "pass"! :funnyup:

D

Edited by GBPhanatic