Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

1/24 - Burns to film in 2009

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! *hugs*

Yes, thanks for the link Sav. I know a lot of girls who are going to be stoked about this. I don't know squat about Robert Burns but I'm sure it will be an interesting movie.

Thanks again.

This is GREAT news!! I only hope they get the funding they need! :yay::yay:

:wave: Frannie

I just saw that article a few minutes ago. Hope it's finally true!!

Ren

Edited by Rendita

OMG, if this is true, 2009 REALLY is Gerry's year!

I wonder if Evil Twins is involved?

This is just spectacular. I didn't think it would ever happen. I just figured it would be too limited in interest. But it looks like Bonnie Scotland just may be rising to the occasion.

Hey, Gerry, is Outlander possible too? Then I really could die and go to heaven.

I just read a notice that Burns is to start filming this year starring.......................James McAvoy!!!

JUST KIDDING! :p The Times Online says it stars..................Gerard Butler!!!! Could it be true? I got so excited when I read this. Apparently, the money is in place. Oh, I so hope this is true.

Yes it's true...I don't think all the funding is there yet but it sounds like they expect it to be by the time they start filming! It is AWESOME news!!

Yes it's true...I don't think all the funding is there yet but it sounds like they expect it to be by the time they start filming! It is AWESOME news!!

I was hoping it would be done by Burns' birthday this year, but I will take whatever I can get as long as it gets made and GB is the star. I have got every part of my body crossed that can be crossed. I need to see GB in one of those pirate shirts like he wore in Phantom. :yummy:

Yes!! There is another thread here someplace that gives the link to the article.

As I said there, if this is real, 2009 is Gerry's year.

Imagine, the government of Scotland is getting involved to raise funds to make this happen.

Gerard Butler - superstar.

Even if it's not a huge box office hit, Gerry forever will be part of the history of Scotland. God love him.

Yes!! There is another thread here someplace that gives the link to the article.

As I said there, if this is real, 2009 is Gerry's year.

Imagine, the government of Scotland is getting involved to raise funds to make this happen.

Gerard Butler - superstar.

Even if it's not a huge box office hit, Gerry forever will be part of the history of Scotland. God love him.

Sorry, I didn't know it had already been posted. I just got so excited! Come to think about it, I think I posted this in the wrong forum too. Yikes, I have lost it. :funnyface:

Oops! Sorry...duplicat post deleted. I was so excited I got carried away in my posting. :yay:

HH

Edited by HighlandHeather

Oh wow!! *happy dance!*

Yea Gerry!

OH, Zan: Who cares how many times it's posted. Isn't this HUGE? I feel like a characture on Saturday Night Live. Mike Myers: "I'm vaklempt." Or however it's really spelled. "Talk among yoursleves!!"

Oh please PLEASE let it happen finally!!!!

Yay!!!! So excited. It's funny cause I was just talking to my mom this afternoon about how they were trying to get this film made. We were already talking about Burns since tomorrow is his birthday. It's kinda freaky to come on here and there be news...but GREAT news...hehe!

I guess it would be wishful thinking to hope they'll be filming by April when I'm in Scotland huh? LOL.

I'm actually waiting to get a Rabbie Burns book from my Nana. I was my great-grandfathers and his father sent it to him after he moved to Canada from Edinburgh to remember home(It was my grandpa's prized possesion since it was the only thing he got from his father when he died). I know it was sent to him in 1911 but I believe the version of the book is older than that. That was the book that made me first know of Burns when I was little so I'm very excited my nana is giving it to me. I think she knows I'll treasure it the most, I just have to make the trek to see her cause she's afaid to mail it, which I understand.

Okay sorry for babbling and going sorta off topic, the news just made me think of it :)

Yay for Gerry!!! :woohoo:

Brianne

Awww, James Cosmo is producing. He almost stole "One More Kiss" from Gerry in the role of Frank. We all loved Frank - next to Gerry, he was the best thing in that movie!! I am so thrilled to see Burns is finally getting made and with our Gerry as star. It's going to be fantastic!

(I wonder if they will be filming in August. We'll be in Edinburgh then!)

Suzie

Stewie, The story of that book is wonderful. I'm into geneology of my family right now. That is so inspiring. I wish I had roots in Scotland, but from what I've ferreted out we're from London. My great-great grandma came over here as a nanny. We were definitely Anglican. I visited West Minster Abby last summer. I just loved it. My daughter felt it was creepy. 'Too many dead people in here,' she said.

OH, Zan: Who cares how many times it's posted. Isn't this HUGE? I feel like a characture on Saturday Night Live. Mike Myers: "I'm vaklempt." Or however it's really spelled. "Talk among yoursleves!!"

LOL. Yeah, I'm verklempt too! I just hope its not a false report, getting our hopes up for nothing. Guess it won't be official until we hear it from the G man himself. Dearest Gerry, I promise to never ask anything of you again, if you will just do this film. :kisswink:

This is great news! Finally...

Sally

I know it! I couldn't be happier for our Gerry. Many Congrats to him!! *hugs* to my FANmily

Hey, Gerry, is Outlander possible too? Then I really could die and go to heaven.

I'd be right there with you! The ultimate fantasy for me. Regardless whether he ever plays Jamie, he is always who I see when I picture Jamie Fraser in my head.