Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

1/24 - Burns to film in 2009

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS! I CANNOT WAIT! :pointy:

Apart from Gerard showing his, shall we say 'passionate' side in the film, I am looking forward to hearing him speak in the brogue of the day, the wonderful Burns poetry....beautiful from the lips of one so handsome as Gerard. He must be feeling so good, his dream at long last can be realised.

This is wonderful news! Wishing the best for Gerry that this all works out! :cheer2:

He is the best actor for this role I know he will do it justice...Wasn't Burns a bit of a womanizer? Oh yes I can definately see him in this role...with hair like in Dracula and a" Devil who cares" personality...yes he can do this role much justice indeed!

Just Jared Announcement for Burns

Now I happen to like Julia Stiles very much but, and I hate to sound snobbish, isn't GB out of her league now? He has A-list and award winning actresses co-starring with him I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else in that role. It would also make the movie more bankable to have someone higher up the food chain of Hollywood actresses? I do realize that she had signed on a few years back and perhaps the Justjared isn't updated.

:hmm:

Thanks for the link to JJ. According to their piece there is a BBC interview in existence. I wonder whether this might be tracked down. My guess is it might be on BBC Scotland, as opposed to their UK website as a whole.

I've been trying to hold back any excitement since first reading this, but since hearing the "official" announcement, we have to believe it to be true.....I'm so happy for Gerry...we all know how much and how long he has wanted this.....and there IS NO OTHER for this role...Gerry was born to do this.....and I have a very good feeling about this film maybe earning some "well deserved" awards.....I think it may turn out to be one of those films that garners a lot of attention......as far as GALS being a subscriber...I think that is an absolute perfect idea.....and knowing how determined us GALS can be, like Moira said, $10 , even from 1/2 of our members would be a big drop in the bucket...can you imagine how happy Gerry would be to hear that we had contributed????I'm all in.Has anyone approached Dayna or Susan about the actual possibility of this happening?Please keep us posted!!!! :pointy:

OMG, thanks very much for update!

It's great news! We've (fans) been waiting for this so long and I am very happy, that they finally started to put the film together!

It will be a great break through for Gerry and maybe even an Oscar as well. I know he deserves it. Why can't people just give it to him?? :grrr:

Edited to say: I think there is no better person than Gerry to play this role!

Edited by Argira

:wow2: I'm so excited!!! The G man has been really looking forward to doing this project.

He's probably reaaly thrilled that it's about to happen.

Cheryl

Apart from Gerard showing his, shall we say 'passionate' side in the film, I am looking forward to hearing him speak in the brogue of the day, the wonderful Burns poetry....beautiful from the lips of one so handsome as Gerard. He must be feeling so good, his dream at long last can be realised.

I completely agree. I can't wait to see him get back to his roots.

Oh my goodness I have been waiting for this a long time. I am so excited for Gerard and me. I know I will go see it more then once. And, to be a historic year to do it in is even Greater. I have always loved Burns poetry and now I can't wait to see this Raina Snow

Oh - this is such good news. I so much want Gerry to get to do this movie. I heard there is a poll to vote for the actor you would most like to see in the roll - anyone know anything about that? I sure would like to vote for Gerry. Thanks for the news - Yay!

YIPPEEEE

And to be announced on the 250th anniversary of Burns' birth! (today and celebrated world wide this weekend) WOW.

I can hardly wait.

Jill

:menkilt:

and YES, I really do!

I wonder if we as GALS could become a subscriber to help with funding? I don't know how much they need from each subscriber, but I just bet if we all worked together, we could raise a pretty penny! Or how about this wild and crazy idea.... how about if ALL Gerry's fansites could work together as ONE subscriber! I'm a dreamer, I know... but so was Burns!

This is WONDERFUL NEWS! Maybe this is one of the reasons Gerry seems so happy!

Swannie

Swannie,

I had the same thought and think it is a wonderful idea!!!! And WHY NOT?!!!! It may not be the conventional way of doing things, but we could be the start of a new trend in film making!!! How exciting would that be!!!!!

I SAY LETS DO IT!!!! :funnyup:

Now, how do we start???

Raz

Razzie and Swannie,

You know I'm game ladies!!!! Lets get this ball rolling, anything to help our Man ;)

-Kayla

I already have some of my better 1/2's guild members from World of Warcraft willing to help, told them if we get the idea up and running i'd let them know. They are my male friends but they know how much Gerry means to me.

At last he will be able to speak with a Scottish accent! What do you want to bet that someone complains about the authenticity of the accent.

I don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm about supporting this movie through a site fundraiser, but most likely any effort to raise $$$$$ for Burns would be organized by the admins and Modsquad. I'm sure they will let us know when we can get involved!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

This is all I've dreamed of for him for over a year. I'm so happy and so proud now. And God bless Danielle, NanLynn and Moira for making sure that I knew about this while I was away. True friends . . .

Anyway, this is so huge for Gerry, and I'll admit that the first thing I thought of (after my initial YAY) was OH WE'LL GET TO HEAR THE BROGUE IN FULL FORCE!!!!

But more importantly is that Gerry's dream is coming true. Another success in his future, and I'm just delighted for him.

Lisa

All I can say is YAY!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME!!

yes, all caps were needed and justified.

I hate to make waves, but unless they get some more big names in the cast in addition to Gerry, I foresee this being another limited release in the States. I'll bet the film distribution "powers that be" won't be able to wrap their heads around the fact that American audiences may be interested in this type of movie. Look what they did to RocknRolla! They are such dweebs! :(

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

I hate to make waves, but unless they get some more big names in the cast in addition to Gerry, I forsee this being another limited release in the States. I'll bet the film distribution "powers that be" won't be able to wrap their heads around the fact that American audiences may be interested in this type of movie. Look what they did to RocknRolla! They are such dweebs! :(

Suzie

That's the only thing I foresee about Burns. It may be more difficult to see in the theater than RNR was, but I'm just glad Gerry gets to make it. With the Prime Minister of Scotland behind them, helping them to raise funds, I can't see them being stopped!

Ya know Suz...you're probably right! It may be like Dear Frankie...I don't know if that came out here at all except on DVD! :tantrum: Shoot...I don't even want to think about this now...I am happy for G though!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

This is the role Gerry has wanted to do since I first got interested in his career and I am so glad he will be able to get his acting chops into it as I think he will do a wonderful job in it. I realize it wont be to everyones taste but so many of Gerry's successes are those roles that are powerful and passionate. I think Burns will prove his versatility and once again prove himself to be one of our finer actors. Good luck Gerry and God bless you.

It is hard for small films to get distributed. My guess is they might go the festival route with this one. If it turns out well, Sundance or Toronto, win some awards, get distribution and maybe the movie is released in the US. The movie business is a real roll of the dice sometimes. I'm hopeful with Gerry's clout it will get some sort of release here in the states. I would definitely plant my butt in the movie theater to see Burns.

This is such an historic role...part of the history of Scotland. Imagine what he and his family must be feeling...Your government putting the faith in you to play their nation's favorite son. They've got to be so proud, but so nervous at the same time. It doesn't matter if it's box office, but that would be nice. It just matters that Gerry will forever be tied to a part of his country's history. Burns' fanatics will be playing this movie for decades to come. And, Gerry will be the face of Burns to be remembered. How epic is that? I just hope they pick actresses from Scotland to be in the film as well. We don't need Julia Stiles trying to put on a Scots' accent. Even if you didn't appreciate Valerie Edmonds in OMK, she'd be the better choice. How about Emily Mortimer? It's been a long night at work, but this was always in my thoughts.