Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

1/24 - Burns to film in 2009

As Susan stated in an earlier post after I initially suggested the idea at #40 if we can do something I am sure we will - after all we are all connected :wave: . I'm not a ballsy Scots for nothing and it helps working for the army!!!!. Be patient ladies :funnyface: . I have my contacts at relevant places.

I am just thrilled it is finally happening and glad to see Evil Twins is indeed involved and couldn't agree more with Lisa in that Gerry probably set up his own Production Company to do projects close to his heart and get this passion of his off the ground at last.

Moira

Yay, Moira! That's the kind of talk I want to hear!

Swannie

Amen - maybe there's someway we can do a national or international fundraising event for this - simultaneous or something really cool like that.

Moira, as soon as you know something, make sure we know immediately! I would love to do whatever I can in California to help.

Lisa

I'm so happy I'm floating here! No small task my age! :dance:

And I'd LOVE to post about this all over the place if it can contribute to interest and funding,

- just say when!!

Warm hugs from starry eyed Eva Mari :hug1:

As Susan stated in an earlier post after I initially suggested the idea at #40 if we can do something I am sure we will - after all we are all connected :wave: . I'm not a ballsy Scots for nothing and it helps working for the army!!!!. Be patient ladies :funnyface: . I have my contacts at relevant places.

I am just thrilled it is finally happening and glad to see Evil Twins is indeed involved and couldn't agree more with Lisa in that Gerry probably set up his own Production Company to do projects close to his heart and get this passion of his off the ground at last.

Moira

Yay, Moira! That's the kind of talk I want to hear!

Swannie

Amen - maybe there's someway we can do a national or international fundraising event for this - simultaneous or something really cool like that.

Moira, as soon as you know something, make sure we know immediately! I would love to do whatever I can in California to help.

Lisa

I would love to be of help too, and I just want to say, that if this is even possible, it should be carried out in such a way that each and every person who is an organizer or sponsor/donor should be properly recognized, according to their level of contribution (example: Platinum, Gold, Siver, Bronze, etc.), much the same as any charitable organization. JMO.

:thewoman::rockon:

Emily

are you talking about each of the 250 sponsors or just people who contribute on GALS to a group effort?. I'm maybe picking you up wrong. If you are referring to the 250 sponsors then there may well be different levels you can sponsor at.

I think it will be a while before any definite plans are revealed to the sponsoring side of things and whether we as a fansite can actually be eligible to participate. What I hope is there is time between us finding out proper info and sponsorships being taken as we will have to know what we as a group can afford to contribute and more importantly whether it meets their criteria. They could be happy with say an individual contributing £500 or they could be looking for min £10,000 per sponsor - who knows.

I think we just have to be patient if the info is not immediately forthcoming. I'm a firm believer in fate and if we here at Gals are meant to be a lucky sponsor then we will.

Moira

Doesn't the movie have two leading ladies? How about Beckinsdale and Blanchette? How about Winslett? If it is going to go worldwide including the US then they need to have an A-lister with GB. ESPECIALLY if the script is award material. It is going to have to be someone who can share the screen with Gerry and not be overpowered by the man's screen presense, including bedroom scenes. And what will get this US distribution? A heavy duty R rating... in my opinion.

AND THE OLDER SNARLING GB AS BURNS POSTER WOULD BE MUCH BETTER. THE CURRENT POSTER IS....WELL...BORING. YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE 'THE MAN'. HOW ABOUT A CLOSE-TO R RATED POSTER?

:hmm:

Don't suppose you would care to clarify what you mean by "close-to R rated" poster? GB shiirtless perhaps, or ...................shirtless in bed..............or................ :cunning:

This is a great poster:

Burns Poster

:swoon:

Edited by Lady Ski Bum

As most have stated, we'd be glad to open our wallets to contribute to this endeavor. Until we find out more of a scoop on "Burns" and how wide a distribution it will receive and the red tape involved in contributing to such a project, I'll keep the moths in my wallet and keep saving my dough just in case we can in fact contribute in some way. This picture has been looming in the background for so long and I am so very pleased to see things progress and wish all the best of luck to all those involved in getting Burns off the ground...finally.

HH

AMAZING NEWS!!!!

He needs to do this! I hope it gets on track and nothing stalls or stops it

thanks for sharing :)

and we get to see Gerry in old fashioned garb ;)

As most have stated, we'd be glad to open our wallets to contribute to this endeavor. Until we find out more of a scoop on "Burns" and how wide a distribution it will receive and the red tape involved in contributing to such a project, I'll keep the moths in my wallet and keep saving my dough just in case we can in fact contribute in some way. This picture has been looming in the background for so long and I am so very pleased to see things progress and wish all the best of luck to all those involved in getting Burns off the ground...finally.

HH

Highland Heather

Re your point on what kind of distribution - I am sure most of us realise that when they choose the 250 sponsors nobody will have any control over how the money is spent or any come back if anything stops the film reaching a cineplex near you - I am sure only investors get a return on their money invested if a film actually goes into profit. Sponsoring a film is like being involved in stocks and shares - there are no guarantees. People have to be prepared to have enough faith in Gerry and the rest of the team that the film will get made and at least have a limited distribution - anything else is a bonus.

It is awesome so many of you are behind Burns 100% and we are doing all we can to find out all the necessary info and whether this could indeed become a reality - there is so much to take into consideration as it is just not a case of being eligible. We just ask you to all be patient.

Thanks

Moira

This is certainly going to be a very busy year for Gerry and a very exciting one too. And hopefully one we can share with him. I am sure Gerry wouldnt take on a project if he felt he couldnt do justice or jeopardise his reputation.

I look forward to hearing more about the project and funds if required.

Sally :wave:

WOOHOO this is great news and so cool to announce it right on Burns days !! I will be following this closely :music: :music:

Stuart

Edited by scotsmanstuart

HH

Highland Heather

Re your point on what kind of distribution - I am sure most of us realise that when they choose the 250 sponsors nobody will have any control over how the money is spent or any come back if anything stops the film reaching a cineplex near you - I am sure only investors get a return on their money invested if a film actually goes into profit. Sponsoring a film is like being involved in stocks and shares - there are no guarantees. People have to be prepared to have enough faith in Gerry and the rest of the team that the film will get made and at least have a limited distribution - anything else is a bonus.

It is awesome so many of you are behind Burns 100% and we are doing all we can to find out all the necessary info and whether this could indeed become a reality - there is so much to take into consideration as it is just not a case of being eligible. We just ask you to all be patient.

Thanks

Moira

Thanks Moira...point taken. Even if the bottom is falling out of Wall Street :tissues: , being kept in the loop on the possibility of helping to sponsor "Burns" is at least putting a smile and glimmer of hope on our faces... :yahoo:

HH

am sure only investors get a return on their money invested if a film actually goes into profit. Sponsoring a film is like being involved in stocks and shares - there are no guarantees. People have to be prepared to have enough faith in Gerry and the rest of the team that the film will get made and at least have a limited distribution - anything else is a bonus.

The way my "investments" have gone as of late, I have more faith in investing in Gerry!

D

am sure only investors get a return on their money invested if a film actually goes into profit. Sponsoring a film is like being involved in stocks and shares - there are no guarantees. People have to be prepared to have enough faith in Gerry and the rest of the team that the film will get made and at least have a limited distribution - anything else is a bonus.

The way my "investments" have gone as of late, I have more faith in investing in Gerry!

D

The only return I want for my possible investment in Burns is for Gerry to get it done the way he envisions it. I could care less about getting anything in return, if I am in fact able to contribute in whatever small way I can. It could tank at the box office and I would still feel that I was a part of something special. The idea of being able to help Gerry feels great.

Just let us know what you find out, Moira. Thanks for doing all the leg-work.

Lisa