Gerard Butler GALS

1/26 - "Bring it on," Butler dares his female Philly fans

becozy

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could say it was because our encounter left him feeling that way but it was really because there was a berm behind him and when he stepped back so I could go past him to make room for the next lady, he nearly fell over it).

Oh, you're not fooling me! That "berm" was either Dayna or Abrock, on hands and knees, and there was a couple of GALS waiting behind to catch him when he fell! Good plan! ;):cunning:

D :funnyup:

Ahhh...if only it was so. Unfortunately I didn't yet know Dayna or Abrock at that time - it happened about a month or two before GALS came to be. But I did have some very wonderful ladies there who have since become some of my dearest friends in the whole world. Little did we know how close a bond we would form over a shared "interest" in such a "provocative" guy.

My gosh! It boggles my mind to think how so many of you guys have known about Gerry for such a long time! I wonder sometimes where the heck was I? I did so only in such a long, round about way, seeing POTO over three years after it's release because the Phantom is the character for me that drew me in to Gerryworld! I wish I had known about him sooner! You all had him to yourselves, your little best kept secret sort of and he's getting too big and too famous now for such an intimate following! (sigh) Good for Gerry though, but bad for us.

D

:wuv:

Hello!

I'm a shy and private person, but maybe I should tell him : "Gerard, I should go in rehab for all the sexy and dirty thoughts I have every night about you!!!!!"

Josée

I love It!! Delene :crack:

Cheryl

They should give us a group rate then!!!!!

I found Gerry on 12/31/04 when I saw Phantom for the first time. But you know in November 2007 there were only about 600 or 700 registered fans around the world on Gerry fansites, by the time I got on board in February that number was up to about 3,500 and now there are at least 5 or 6 times that many. I always wondered why I had never heard of Attila when it was on because that is the kind of mini-series my husband and I would like, and had I seen it I'd have been a goner from that point because of those eyes of his. I couldn't believe I never heard of Timeline because that is absolutely my husband's kind of movie (and one of his Gerry favorites now that we've seen it). I didn't know of any of Gerry's films before I saw Phantom, I had never even heard of any of them except for Tomb Raider 2 (which was not a movie I ever would have watched were it not for him). It's strange to me that he was completely off my radar prior to Phantom and since then I've followed every tiny step of his career in a way I've never followed anyone else's. I guess we find him when we are meant to find him.

I guess we find him when we are meant to find him.

You know, that caused me to have a little chill up my spine! I have NEVER followed a celebrity like this except Paul McCartney and his fan site is nothing like this. When I think if I had not gone to NYC and seen POTO on the stage and then saw the movie, I don't know when I would have found Gerry! I probably would not have seen RNR as it is more of a "guy" movie and the next one would be TUT, which I probably would have seen, even the trailer with Gerry, might have done it! I missed PSILY when it was in theaters but I probably would have rented it and gotten hooked then. I love Jody Foster, so I would have seen Nims eventually. I just don't know.

I saw Gerry in Tomb Raider because I like Angelina Jolie and I saw him in Reign of Fire but I just remember thinking what a looker he was and that accent! Then POTO and that scene where he was crying after she kissed him. OMG! That did it!

I sometimes think, "what was my life before Gerry". I know that sounds silly but he's really profoundly affected my life! I think he may have come to me at a time when I needed something, a catalyst, to get my life going in a new direction. I am still shocked at how he makes me feel! Maybe after a period of time, my feelings will take on a different attitude, I don't know. He brings that out in so many women, young to old! I don't think he really understands it either and that's is so endearing and cute. There's nothing more attractive or more sexy than a man who doesn't realize how attractive or how sexy he is!

D

I guess we find him when we are meant to find him.

I sometimes think, "what was my life before Gerry". I know that sounds silly but he's really profoundly affected my life! I think he may have come to me at a time when I needed something, a catalyst, to get my life going in a new direction. I am still shocked at how he makes me feel! Maybe after a period of time, my feelings will take on a different attitude, I don't know. He brings that out in so many women, young to old! I don't think he really understands it either and that's is so endearing and cute. There's nothing more attractive or more sexy than a man who doesn't realize how attractive or how sexy he is!

D

I'm not gonna reiterate my story cause it's long . . . But I can tell you that I barely remember life BG. :lol:

Lisa, I would love to hear your story. Is it already on here somewhere?

I'm pretty sure there's an old thread that tells our stories about how we found Gerry. I'll have to find it and link it cause it is fun reading how other people became Gerry fans.

Lisa

It's funny, I was just talking to a friend at work (one who is a friend I met through our shared Gerry interest). We were talking about Hugh Jackman (gasp) because he was my #1 guy BG (before Gerry). We were talking about his background in musical theater, the Tonys, The Boy from Oz and I said that in my BG days I had thought that Hugh would make a danged good movie Phantom. We got onto just what would life be like for us if that had been the case. Now she has been a Gerry fan since Attila or D2k but she didn't really have all these sisters to share the love (except her real sister). Along came Phantom and with it a tidal wave of new fans - a great many of whom have stuck. I was saying that had it not been for Phantom I might STILL not know who Gerry is - or I might have discovered him in PSILY because I like Hilary Swank and I like that sort of movie so that is the only movie of his I likely would have seen without knowing him already.

My life is so very different now - the friends I have, the things I've learned, the creativity sparked, the laughs I've shared - those are all things that have come into my life because of Gerry. Just last week I was laughing with a friend who was saying something about my presence being important to some event. I told her "you know I grew up being the kid who was picked last for the teams in school, and by junior high school I was one of the outcast kids who ended up friends with the other outcasts out of necessity. Never, ever in my entire life was I the popular kid - until Gerry. Suddenly I have a lot of friends who value my input, value my company, actually WANT me around. To be over-50 and suddenly find oneself a "popular kid" is quite funny." Someday, if chance puts Gerry in my path long enough for a 30 second conversation, instead of saying something risque, or suggestive what I'd honestly like to say to him is "thank you for making me one of the popular kids". He would probably give me a quizzical look and wonder WTF is this woman talking about - she's no kid! But thanks to Gerry, I am a kid again, and a happy kid, with friends I love and who love me back. That's a gift he's given me that I could never ever repay.

Funny you mentioning "the things I've learned" since knowing about Gerry. I feel the same way. I'm no spring chicken and have been in the news business my entire career so I thought I knew a lot; but having Gerry as a kind of muse, I've read things and learned things I never would have otherwise.

I've learned more about Scotland in the last few years than I did when I visited there 20 years ago, I know more about the real Attila than I care to; I've learned all about the story of the Phantom, its writer and the history of the Paris opera house (which I actually got to see last summer); I've read Therese Raquin and am in the middle of the Outlander series and have read up on the Jacobites and Culloden; I've become more familiar with Robert Burns and just received The Bard from Amazon; even more trivial things like reading Tennyson's The Lady of Shalott because I was taken by RRuin's video with Lena Heady and Gerry. And there's so much more.

Wonder if he has any idea what he has inspired in so many? Thanks, GB.

wow,i really missed alot since i was sick but back to topic.After reading your gals's posts made me feel more better since i had a headache.But, i cant believe a fan actually grabbed his arse.Aint that sort of invading his "private space"?Well i had that actually had that happen to me and i didnt like it.But,it would be nice to dream of doing it. :drool1:

It would be funny if gerry saw what member put in the gutter thread,i think he would be speechless.Even though,we can be nicknamed "GerardButlerGALS Scotsman Mafia". And pretty much gerry is asking for something in return,something that is expected or should i say "soon to be expected" :funnyup:

OMG! I was just catching up on my daily Gerry news when I can across a posting from D about the movies she has seen with Gerry in them, only to mention Reign of Fire. I couldnt believe it, my cousin gave it to my eldest son on the weekend to watch and I never took much notice as Matthew McConaughey and Christian Bale are on the cover. I have just read the back cover only to see Gerry's name there! Well I know what I will be watching tonight!!!! Sally :yay:

wow,i really missed alot since i was sick but back to topic.After reading your gals's posts made me feel more better since i had a headache.But, i cant believe a fan actually grabbed his arse.Aint that sort of invading his "private space"?Well i had that actually had that happen to me and i didnt like it.But,it would be nice to dream of doing it. :drool1:

I think thats a HUGE invasion and incredibly presumptive, rude and down right harassment. and the worst part for ME is that its been assumed that I did that because it was reported that the culprit has the same name as I do. I state for the record that WAS NOT ME! carry on lol

OK, I did it! I admit, I'm the infamous arse grabber! But I didn't know it was Gerry! I just thought he was this really hot guy and I couldn't resist! :silly:

D

P.S. You'll have to excuse me but I just discovered where the rest of the icons were and I'm having some fun now! I told you I wasn't computer literate! :dance: :badcomp::goodjob::killcomp::drink::perverted::behave::pug::naughty:

It's fine Delene. At least your not listening to the same darn song lol. The only way I'd grab someones arse is if they grabbed mine first ;)...OKAY who did that? LOL!!!

Edited by Izzabeta

I think thats a HUGE invasion and incredibly presumptive, rude and down right harassment. and the worst part for ME is that its been assumed that I did that because it was reported that the culprit has the same name as I do. I state for the record that WAS NOT ME! carry on lol

Unfortunately, Because Gerry is known for his cheeky and sometimes even raunchy sense of humor, I think some fans take it for granted that if they are single and attractive, their advances will be welcome. As this particular fan found out, that is not always the case. I'm glad Gerry has the b*lls to let a fan know when she (or he) has crossed the line.

And Dawn, sweetie... you were not even around when the butt grabbing incident happened, were you?

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Nope I wasnt. But I heard AAALLLL about it. and i have been asked and it has been assumed more than once if I was the one who did it. NOT how i want to be known LOL

Now we know the reason that Dragon Slayer and Swansong did not want to get into the details of what was reported to have happened at TIFF over 3 years ago! I think the person involved has been villified enough, and, from all appearances has been driven out of Gerryfandom on the proverbial rail. It was fine to mention in general terms what is considered appropriate or inappropriate behavior, but it is truly unfair to continue to bash the individual who, as it was reported, had probably had too much to drink and did something inappropriate. We've all heard that Gerry was furious with her, is that not enough payment for the crime? I have seen what happens in the heat of the moment, and when alcohol is thrown into the mix then it only magnifies that. There are probably any number of "outraged" fans who, if inebriated, might well have done the same thing. It's time to move away from that particular topic please.

You're right, Susan - I edited my post. I'm sure there isn't one of us here who hasn't done something we've regretted at one time or another in our lives. I didn't realize alcohol was a part of the story; that can make anyone make the dumbest mistakes.

Maybe this topic (original and not) has run its course . . .