Gerard Butler GALS

1/30 - Tales of Black Freighter DVD Release Date

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/watchmen.html

Title: Watchmen

Starring: N/A (Various)

Released: 24th March 2009

SRP: $27.95 (DVD)

Further Details:

Warner Home Video has announced DVD ($27.95) and Blu-ray ($35.99) releases of Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter & Under the Hood which features the voice of Gerard Butler and other stars from the Watchmen movie team. Each will be available to own from the 24th March. Extras will include a Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen featurette, and a First Look at Green Lantern.

Theyre in the book. And on this disc. From the director of Watchmen and 300 come two tales from the celebrated graphic novel that do not appear in the extraordinary Watchmen Theatrical Feature. Tales of the Black Freighter (featuring the voice of 300s Gerard Butler) brings to strikingly animated life the novels richly layered story-within-a-story, a daring pirate saga whose turbulent events may mirror those in the Watchmens world. Stars from the Watchmen movie team in the amazing live-action/CGI Under the Hood, based on Nite Owls powerful first-hand account of how the hooded adventurers came into existence. Two fan-essential stories. One place to watch the excitement. Watching the Watchmen begins here.

Moira

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this info!!!!

I know the movie had some delays with legal wranglings going on, so I'm happy to see this part at least having a solid release date!

Amazon is telling me that DVD isn't available here yet and I had to go on a list to be notified. All they have now is Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic (+ Digital Copy) [blu-ray] (2009). I ordered that, but have no idea what it is.

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Sounds like it/they is/are loaded with goodies.

Am I reading this correctly... there are TWO DVD's... one the freighter story and the other with something about Night Owl (Patrick Wilson in the film); and each is $27.00?

Whoa! A bit pricey... yes?

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

The list prices are probably much higher than what they will sell for on Amazon. I can't wait for Tales of the Black Freighter - it is a fascinating part of the Watchmen book and it is cool that Zack is including it separately. I can't think of a way for it to have been included in the original film, but this way it still get's its recognition. I haven't finished the book yet, but it really is quite fascinating and I vow to finish it before the movie comes out.

WatchmenComicMovie website has more detailed information:

www.watchmencomicmovie.com - click on Black Freighter DVD Details story or

http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/013009-w...eighter-dvd.php

"The DVD and Blu-ray will also include two special features “Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen” and “A First Look at Green Lantern.”

The Blu-ray version will have two more special features including “The Two Bernies,” which is a scene from Watchmen not seen in theaters, and “The Why of Watchmen” with director Zack Snyder."

Just like "Rocknrolla", some editions of the Black Freighter DVD (Blu-ray) will contain an extra digital DVD that you can put into your computer to download the contents (usually anywhere from $2-4 more for the two-disc DVD digital edition).

Lesley

Edited by LESVAN