Gerard Butler GALS

more pics of GB

loulee

Everything in perspective though. Considering Gerry's income, him buying a $210 pair of jeans is like me paying $24 on sale. My kids get Lucky's and other similar brands and I think they are ridiculous at about $90. They don't last any longer than mine. But I guess that's not the idea.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to say the same Sasharose. Everything is perspective. To many $60 and $90 jeans w/b outrageous.

Ren

I rarely buy jeans that cost more than $30. I just don't have the money. So spending $100-$200 on jeans is beyond my comprehension. I don't have my beloved Levi's because I can't afford them.

I think jeans are too pricey anymore. And most the styles they sell around here are the faded ripped look. I wouldn't pay $90 for ones with holes in them already when I'm already enough of a clutz to trip and make the holes myself LOL. :)

Here in my little corner of PA we don't have a lot of high end stores. (Good thing!) My favorites regionally are Macy's, Bon Ton and Kohl's. Bon Ton and Kohl's have really great sales and good brands. I've found a brand of jeans I love - Jean Star. They say made in Egypt.!!!!!??? But they fit me better than any others I've found. When we were in London last summer, we went to Harrods. I couldn't afford anything but the bargain basement there. Really, the prices were ridiculous in pounds and then turning them into dollars was off the wall. There must be a lot of super rich people in London to keep that icon going.

To buy a pair of adult size jeans in Australia you usually pay $70 upwards and that is just the ones from a jeans shop. You can buy ones from our chain stores for a lot less but they are crap and are a bad fit. But I couldnt justify paying US$210 for a pair well except if they have just come off Gerry with my help of course!!!!! LOL Sally :yummy:

Yes and some people pay alot more than that - isn't that right Deb's(Knight Phantom)? That bidding war was fun at Vegas last year :lmao: I don't know what came over me but my head was telling me no more and to shut up but my mouth kept shouting out ridiculous sums of money :funnyup: Well at least I had my photo taken with them :wuv:

Moira

It looked like Gerry just came from the set and didn't have time to change. Think $200 jeans would be part of his costume? I think someone had identified the jeans as Juicy Couture which is Gerry's favorite brand (according to an article I read somewhere....please don't ask where)

Suzie

That's a new one! Haven't read that before. That's interesting. They certainly look good on him!

Those jeans are fabulous, but I would never pay $200 for a pair of jeans even from Juicy Couture.

But Gerry has the money, he might as well spend it.

Wonder what Gerry would think about women all over the globe tracking down his jeans on their computers and checking out his behind ...errrr...I mean the back pockets of his jeans, of course!!!!!

He would probably be thinking "get a life"! :funnyup:

D

In my experience, higher priced jeans have a better fit... at least for my figure. It's all about the cut and quality of the denim, as well as the finish work. I own several pair of inexpensive jeans, I maybe paid $35.00 a pair. They are all stretched out of shape and even though I do wear them, they've never fit me quite right. They always gape in the back of the waist, and the crotch is always too long.

I bought my most expensive pair of jeans for $75.00 and they fit me unbelievably well. They have retained their shape and the indigo dye has not faded at all over the 2 years I've had them. I would never pay more for a pair of jeans than about a hundred bucks, because anything over that and I think you are paying for the designer name.

I guess we all value different things. I buy inexpensive handbags and can't believe how much people spend on handbags and shoes! LOL

Still, I'm happy for Gerry and anyone else who can blow money on whatever they want!

Swannie

I must admit for me the best fit and cut of jeans is Tommy Hilfigger. I was delighted when some years back the big designers started to do "Women's" ranges and I think they were $75 back then(maybe 7 years ago) and I still have them to this day and they have never worn at all and wash up beautifully.

Moira

The best pair of jeans I own came from Torrid and they cost me $60. I about choked having to pay that much for jeans, but like Swannie and Moira said, sometimes the more expensive the better they fit. Don't get me started . . .

Delene - I'm right behind you in the gutter, my friend. Jeans with Gerry Juice on them . . . yeah, I think I'd better not even go to the gutter with the things that are popping into my brain . . . (mmphehrejrfjfjfmlewis)

Lisa

denim thats a bit expensive does last longer and can be an investment along with really nice shoes and handbags

You dont have to spend a lot or pay full price for nice clothing or designer brands. thank goodness for outlet stores

and sample sales, you can call a designer showroom and they help you out with private sample sale info

with that being said I still love the Lee's 501 button down jeans {I get the small mens style they fit comfy} they can outlast almost anything in your wardrobe lol!

does anyone have the link to that actually site and not just the photos

thanks in advance :)

Well, I lucked out last year during the PSILY prop and costume auctions. Not only did I manage to nab Gerry's worn-in-Ireland Diesel jeans (for well over $200, but still a steal for any item of clothing worn by Gerry) - but at the Vegas charity auction they brought in a lot more than that (thanks Moira and Deb)!! But I also got 3 outfits that Kathy Bates wore. Some of the pieces are too large, but for some reason the jeans (from the birthday scene at Holly's apartment) fit like a glove and I loved them so much I decided I'd look up the brand to see if maybe I could get another pair. They are Marina Sport jeans, from Italy. Well I nearly had a heart attack when I found out they sell for over $300 a pair!! I mean I got the jeans, the Jones New York suede jacket, the Ralph Lauren pullover shirt and blouse and the purse for about 1/3 of that!! It pays to be a "fluffy GAL" when it means you can buy used clothing from movies and they fit. One of the other outfits came with a pair of Stuart Weitzman shoes - a brand I'm sure I could never afford either. Now Kathy Bates is unfortunately one of the few whose clothes I could wear, since most actresses are between a size 0 and a size 6. I tried buying a pair of Marina Sport jeans on eBay too, and got them really cheap (like $15) but then somehow the seller "couldn't find them" after the sale. Yeah, sure, she probably didn't want to sell them that cheap (so she should have set the minimum bid higher)!! However, right after Christmas I found a fantastic pair of jeans at Steinmart, on the clearance rack. I paid around $15 to $20 for them and they are now my new favorite pair. I think the brand is Potpourri, but aside from having to get them hemmed, they fit perfectly. So I now believe that it is possible to find nice looking and good fitting jeans without spending a fortune!

At the same time, I don't begrudge Gerry spending whatever he wants to on a pair of jeans - it's his money and he seems to love to buy clothes. Just imagine how much he could raise for charity if he just gave us all his cast-offs to auction????

ahhh! your so lucky to get those!

;)

Places like Filenes & Marshall's are great for finding really nice things and the savings are amazing too.

I think there would be a electronic stampede if Gerry auctioned his duds online and cause a server failure lol!

In my experience, higher priced jeans have a better fit... at least for my figure.

I bought my most expensive pair of jeans for $75.00 and they fit me unbelievably well. They have retained their shape and the indigo dye has not faded at all over the 2 years I've had them. I would never pay more for a pair of jeans than about a hundred bucks, because anything over that and I think you are paying for the designer name.

Swannie

Swannie I agree completely. I own a few pairs of Levi's button down jeans for horseback riding, but I LOVE Ralph Lauren and Cruel Girl Jeans. They fit perfectly and last throughout washing after washing and look great with boots, heels or sneakers. I also wouldn't spend over $100 on jeans but it is really nice to splurge once in a while. I have to admit to splurging on purses as well...and ski boots...and speaking of sneakers...

:whoa:

Not all things expensive mean quality. I can't wrap my mind around spending more than $100 for a bag. I tire of them too easy and change them too often. I like Maxx New York, Kathy Van Zealand and Saks. I just bought a new cross body bag I think it's Kipling or something, has a little monkey hanging from it. Rather juvenile, but I thought it was cute! The only designer clothes I own are Bob Mackey. His stuff fits me pairfect!

D

At the same time, I don't begrudge Gerry spending whatever he wants to on a pair of jeans - it's his money and he seems to love to buy clothes. Just imagine how much he could raise for charity if he just gave us all his cast-offs to auction????

From your mouth to Gerry's ears!! :wuv:

See I personally can't see myself paying $200 for jeans...at least right now. BUT if I had lots of money and I found a pair that fit amazing then hell ya I would. Actually, I'm not a huge fan of jeans cause they are so hard to find a cut that looks good in me.

Funny thing to me is, I hum and haw over certain things to buy say at Winners (think TJ/TK Maxx) that are a good deal but that aren't made the best but then I don't even think twice when I go to Lululemon (I'm sure the Canadian Gals know) and see either a hoodie/jacket or a pair of pants/capris I like. I just spent over $200 on a pair of pants and a jacket there the other day and I didn't need them (well the pants I did). I really liked them and we only have one store here so if you hesitate buying, your size is gone. Plus they are soooo comfy and last forever. Any other Canadian Gals love Lulu as well?

Anyhoo, Gerry looked fabulous in those jeans....me likey!!! :wuv:

Brianne

I find it fascinating that a shot of Gerrys cute bottom and his jeans can make us discuss everything we have on this thread

I mean it in a perfectly good way of course ;)

check out this butt shot from another male model

you have to click on the photo options He's no Gerry in them :funnyface:

http://www.emoda.com/item.asp?prodid=13275...Dirty%20English

sorry Im bored right now :D