Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  

How To Watch Any Region DVD

Hi

I just did this for my dvd player and it worked because I wanted to get the Lucy Sullivan dvd set but I only found it in Region 4 for Australia

So I used my dvd remote to unlock my player and make it all region. It took like 1 minute and after you do it you just take the plug out of the player then put it back in the outlet again it's so easy. I thought you gals might like this info and sorry if it's been posted somewhere I didnt see it

You go to this link and go through the list to find your model number for your dvd usually in front of the player ,thats where mine was

if you dont want to go through the list there is a search box on top of the page just type in the number and hit search then follow the advice that is posted for your particular player

good luck and hope your player is listed. I can go order Lucy Sullivan now and discover Gus ;)

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplaye...ist+all+by+Name

I thought I read somewhere that Lucy Sullivan was going to be released on DVD this year. Does anyone else recall seeing that anywhere? I've been waiting so long to see that series. All I have of Gus are the music videos on YouTube, and GB just looks so spetacular in that role. Even if he is a dog, he's the best looking man ever! I see so many mannerisms of Gerry's that started with Gus and have carried over to other roles...like the way he folds his hands while pleading with Lucy ... he does the same thing in a scene in 300.

I thought I read somewhere that Lucy Sullivan was going to be released on DVD this year. Does anyone else recall seeing that anywhere? I've been waiting so long to see that series. All I have of Gus are the music videos on YouTube, and GB just looks so spetacular in that role. Even if he is a dog, he's the best looking man ever! I see so many mannerisms of Gerry's that started with Gus and have carried over to other roles...like the way he folds his hands while pleading with Lucy ... he does the same thing in a scene in 300.

I could have sworn I saw a banner saying that it was coming to DVD in June.I sure hope so

Thanks *guest* ! Love me some Gus. I've watched it on utube but would love to have the DVD.

Cheryl

your welcome :) and thanks for that news!

now I dont know if I should wait for June or just get the region 4 set.

Anyway, hope that it helps play other international dvd's for you gals as well so your player can be unlocked and you dont have to go

purchase a new region free player

Usually once you've unlocked it can pretty much play any region, I know mine plays all regions, but I wouldn't try it for a computer player, it's complicated and sometimes they can get totally screwed up, but a regular dvd player, go for it, seriously, they have some great DVD's out there that are foreign and totally worth the time it takes to change the regions on your dvd player.

I read somewhere you can unlock up to 5 different region codes on your laptop and someone else told me that you

dont need to do anything because a laptop can play any region dvd

Im not sure about this info but its better to be safe and not mess with your computer

I know my laptop can't play any region dvd, and honestly, I'd rather not mess with that one, if you mess up an 80 dollar dvd player it's a lot easier to replace than a 800 dollar laptop.

computers have the ability to choose region codes, but beware this is NOT an unlimited choice.... macs have typically 5 changes, and then its locked into the last choice... pcs depending on which kind have 5 or 6..and then the same thing locked in..there is no way to change this either, not even a restore will... so be carefull...!!!! you dont want to be locked in at the wrong region...

there is an application called "anydvd' that will alter this **sort of** its sort of an app that changes the region in the background, without changeing the region code per say... last time i checked tis only works on pc's and not macs... but that may have changed.... im not sure what it alters on the computer itself, and its not free... but i have friends that use it with success...

ive ahcked 2 of my dvd players at home, usually when you successfully hack, it will ask you to reset your region code...this is where you ususally put in the number 0 to create a region free player,,,... but it depends on the hack.... some players will only hack with the original remote and other hack best or only with a universal remote....

if you look up your player and find several posts with different hacks, try them all, i found that i had to try several before i found the secific one for my model, maybe it has to do with what factroy it was made in..??

all in all its a very easy process... :wave:

Still, I've changed all the dvd players in my house in a total of about 15 minutes to play all regions, for me, it's not worth screwing up the one on my laptop, I still wouldn't take the chances with that one.

no, moonie i totaly agree, might not have made that clear enough in my post... a locked in computer is not fun, im currently locked in but in my own region...

to be clear, its a simple process to hack a dvd player, or even buy a cheap region free one....many portables are region free and are easily transfered from one tv to the next...

the app anydvd i dont necessarily recommend because i personally havent used it, but have friends that do, and continue to as we're all fans of the movie "in my fathers den" that is not our region...but truly dont know if there are any complications with your puters internal dvd player...