Gerard Butler GALS

"We all get ugly when we get old."

I will have been married to my dear hubby 30 years come July. I love that little bearded man with every fiber of my being. The thought of life without him is incomprehensible. He and I scarcely had other boyfriends and girlfriends; let alone lovers. We have been together since 1977. We were a mere 17 and 16 when we got together. Teenagers of 18 and 19 when we married. We have hard times and good times. I am so glad we are still together. :smooch:

After all those praises sung on his behalf, let me get to the point. :pointy:

If you are a hopeless romantic like me. If you love to watch romance, read romance, hear songs of romance, write of romance etc. and etc., then you are aware of the pure beauty of the words that spring forth from a hero's mouth.

Now real life........

I was looking at my much aged face in the mirror, as all women do I saw every flaw, every wrinkle, every blemish. Fishing for a compliment as woman also do upon an occasion; I said to this man I love,

"I am getting so ugly. My hair is thinning on the top and that ugly bump is showing through."

Did he reply with, "You'll always be beautiful to me."? :love:
Um NOOOOO!
Perhaps "Beauty is only skin deep." ?:kisswink:
Um NOOOOO!
"In my eyes you will always be that 16 year old girl I fell in love with."? :wuv:
PFFFFFFFT NOOOOO!

I was consoled with this Gem....

"We all get ugly when we get old."
:whiteflag:

Ah, the dear man should be writing books of poetry or Greeting Cards. :doh:

Just wanted to share. Do you have any gems your significant other has brightened your day with?
If so please share. I would love to read them. :grouphug:

Love Always,
Tracy :kiss:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

None of my previous "significant others" have ever said anything that brightened my day. ( at least nothing that suck in my mind! ummm! ) But, in the movie, "The Wedding Date", Dermot Mulroneys' character "Nick Mercer", has some of the best lines I've heard uttered by a male. Following are a sample of the ones that really caused me to sigh & awww! over:

"I think I'd miss you even if we never met."

I'd rather fight with you, than make love with anyone else."

"Close your eyes. Close your eyes. Close....your....eyes. You're safe. You can relax. I'm not gonna kiss you. He's gonna be so sorry he lost you. So....stop worrying. Forget the past. Forget the pain. And remember.....what an incredible woman you are."

And, we must NOT forget "THE SCENE" on the boat in front of her parents house after Kat returned from the bachelorette party!!! GROAN!!! :swoon::coldshower:

:lmao:

Tracy, that's priceless! Not nice, but priceless! I hope you gave it right back to him! :lol:

:funnyup:

Actually, I giggled and told him he was supposed to tell me I am beautiful.

I took it for exactly how he meant it words of comfort. Not the words I would have liked for comfort, but words of comfort none the less.

He was saying he was ugly. I am ugly. We are getting older, uglier and looks do not matter.

I am comforted that my husband does not think woman should dye their hair, get face lifts and what not.

He likes women to age gracefully. So in his own round about way. That is what he was trying to say, but still if you do not know him as I do it does come off as rather harsh. :lalala:

Love,

Oh. I like that, Miss S. I have not seen that movie. Edited by JustCallMeTracy

My hubby tells me every day that I am beautiful. He even tells me that when I know I am looking like sh*t (whic is a lot, lately.)

In Benjamin Button there is a great line. When Benjamin and his lady are cuddling after sex, he expresses his concern that while she is aging, he is growing younger and at some point if they stay together, she will have to mother him when he becomes a child again. She looks at him with such love in her eyes and says, "Ah sugah..... sooner or later we all wind up in diapers."

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Miss Tracy, "The Wedding Date" is a major chick flick. Yes, we'd be cheating on Mr. Butler wilst watching, but you can do what I've done a number of times.....imagine him playing the part of Nick Mercer. :cunning: Works for me!!!

:lmao:

Tracy, that's priceless! Not nice, but priceless! I hope you gave it right back to him! :lol:

:funnyup:

Actually, I giggled and told him he was supposed to tell me I am beautiful.

I took it for exactly how he meant it words of comfort. Not the words I would have liked for comfort, but words of comfort none the less.

He was saying he was ugly. I am ugly. We are getting older, uglier and looks do not matter.

I am comforted that my husband does not think woman should dye their hair, get face lifts and what not.

He likes women to age gracefully. So in his own round about way. That is what he was trying to say, but still if you do not know him as I do it does come off as rather harsh. :lalala:

Love,

Oh. I like that, Miss S. I have not seen that movie.

I watch few movies except on T.V. The only movies I purchase on occasion is a Gerry movie. That is rare with my budget, but I have people who are kind to me that share.

I would like to own every Gerry Movie and every Jen Ellison movie. I own one besides POTO she is in called

The Cottage.

That was off topic, but we wee talking about movies.

Swannie, though not a Brad Pitt fan I really want to see that movie. Sounds like a great line.

It also sounds like you have a keeper, Doll.

Love,

Oh Tracy.....yours is a keeper as well! lol

My Dan'l is like Swannie's hubby....he tells me he loves me and how beautiful I am every day even when I know I look absolutely horrid. Every morning when we wake up I know what the first words I will hear to start my day....."hello gorgeous"....now mind you...I am groggy with bedhead and morning breath! But I also respond with "hello handsome"...we've been saying that to each other for over 30 years now!!!

Thanks Tracy dear...

hugs,

Sue

Wow you guys seemed to have something a lot of people cant find, Im happy you have such a wonderful man

in your life since you were both so young, it's a blessing :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

same for you Sue

as for his comment men...what can you do lol!

I plan on keeping him. He is so precious. He is the kind of person who does something for you more than saying something to you. He thinks his actions show his love. Me being a hopeless romantic would like to hear it more. Then again after almost 32 years together counting dating I cannot imagine him coming up and talking to me like men in a romance novel. I probably would be like WTH are you smokin'? I especially couldn't take being hugged on all the time. I would be like fall up off of me, Dude, gee golly whiz let me breathe. I just had to share that because I found it hilarious.

Love,

Tracy

I loved this little story Tracy.!

I'm starting to do this 'aging' thing too and it's definitely not all it's cracked up to be.

why are men more distinguished with age and women just more saggy?

I don't think we are. I think that is a misinterpretation of the media.

The thing I was most worried about when I was looking in the mirror. I have growths on my head and it is getting where it shows through my hair and I hate that. Hubby has a growth on the side of his nose and that is how we go off on ugly stuff. Hubby is scared for me to get it cut off. He is scared it might be dangerous. Because the doctor once said he would not mess with it. Still it looks yucky and I want it off my head. Then I started looking at that, my lines, wrinkles, turkey neck and jowls. So then we progressed to the saying I put in the first post.

Hubby really needs to get his growth checked though. I worry about skin cancer. His grandma had to have several removed in her life.

Love,

Tracy

P. S. Watch Dear Frankie. The women in that movie look like real women. That makes me think it is more of an American thing as well.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

• 2 weeks later...

Wow you guys seemed to have something a lot of people cant find, Im happy you have such a wonderful man

in your life since you were both so young, it's a blessing :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

same for you Sue

as for his comment men...what can you do lol!

Yes, Lisa, what CAN you do! You can't KILL them, hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

D

Those of you who are lucky enough to have a wonderful hubby or partner that says and does all the right the things you are so lucky. In the 14 years I was with my ex husband, not once did he say I was beautiful or even commented on how I looked when I was all dolled up. I never missed it until my 9 year old son started telling me on a regular bases that "you good real look mum" (as he would say!). I suppose I just accepted the way my ex spoke to me and how I was treated until a couple of year ago I realised he doesnt deserve me and there is better out there somewhere.... Tracey, yours is definately a keeper!

Sally

Mine is more of a doer than a sayer as well, but every once in awhile he comes out with a true memorable gem. Several years ago (I don't even remember how many) we were at a retreat and I had my initials on my cup SMP and he looked at me and said "that stands for simply marvelous person". I still remember how nice that made me feel. He doesn't have to say a lot - he does wonderful things for me - like warming my PJ's in the dryer before I get home from work so they'll be all cozy for me. Now THAT's a keeper in my book!