Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Cleobethra

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 63rd floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 6 floors to go to reach 69 again!

Floor theme to be named by Susan soon!

Well, I wasn't very "soon" about giving the floor a theme - but since we are entering the time of celebrating love and romance we'll just call this floor "Love is in the air" - plus that's the name of the beautiful siggy from Paisleyscot which I am sporting right now. So even if you don't have a special valentine at home right now, you can share the love for Gerry, a worthy valentine for anyone!

Posted Image

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Highrise #2 Floor #48 - The Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #49 - Still the Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #50 - Dance, Dance, Dance

Highrise #2 Floor #51 - Keep On Dancin'

Highrise #2 Floor #52 - Follow Your Purpose

Highrise #2 Floor #53 - GALS turns 3!!

Highrise #2 Floor #54 - GALS turns 3 -The Sequel

Highrise #2 Floor #55 - Summer Lovin'

Highrise #2 Floor #56 - Music of the Night

Highrise #2 Floor #57 - In a NY State of Mind

Highrise #2 Floor #58 - Globetrotter Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #59 - Happy Halloween

Highrise #2 Floor #60 - Happy Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #61 - Christmas Wishes and Auld Lang Syne

Highrise #2 Floor #62 -Golden Guy Gerry

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Edited by Susan~Sporran
To finally add a theme for this floor!

Yay a new floor! Let the perviness begin :thud:

-Kayla

Let's start with some decorating:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

(cllickable)

Posted Image my friends (well, at least it's still morning here in CA). I have to go to the gym in about an hour but I had to share....since starting at the gym about a month ago and trying TRYING to eat right, I've lost 5 pounds as of this morning! :scale: And next week will be 1 year since I quit smoking :woo:

hugs,

Sue

Wow, I like the way you decorate, Sue! :yummy: And, :goodjob: on the weight-loss and no smoking! I'm on my own weight-loss program. Today was day 1 of week 2. My goal is to be only a shadow of my former self by Vegas! :p

I was supposed to work a 12hr shift today, but was canceled for the first 8hrs. What a shame! :D Of course, I might not be so happy when I get my next paycheck! :funnyface:

Yummy! Sue, You can decorate for me anytime! :drool1: Congrats on the weight loss! and quitting smoking! That is indeed a Good Job! Keep up the good works! :claphands:

I'm still recovering from a head cold :sick2: It will just take time to clear out of my head and chest again but no more whining from here. Watched my RNR DVD today and love it, laughing at the goofy One-Two and Stella dance and the Handsome Bob thing. :lol: That will cheer up anybody! There are so many bad horrible gory movies out there I just don't understand why more people haven't discovered this good one with no real gore, funny and entertaining. :2cents:

Gotta get busy

Later ya'll

wow Decorating is fine Sue. Good for you stopped quitting smoking I wish Gerald would. and the 5 pounds is a lot its great. I could not go to ww this morning I was in such pain. I am going to pt starting next week but I already have been 5 times and it don't work for me. My shoulders hurt so bad and my neck I think I am going to have to stay off the computer for about a week. so if you don't see me that is why. Have a good evening all love ya'll Raina Snow

Afternoon GALS! :grouphug:

Great job Sue on the weight loss and being a non-smoker :clap:

I too am trying to get fit, who isn't. It's hard work man!

:woohoo: This is me computer jogging.

Cheryl

*dances around happily* New floor! Wohoo!!!

And congrats Sue!!

Hey you need to come out to TN and go to fitness pole dance class with me. You'd have a blast!!!

I haven't done diddley squat today and it's already dinner time.

So before I put food in the belly, I best go practice hand stands and try ever so hard *not* to bonk my head on the door as I go up.

To end my brief post as lame as this sounds "Hello everyone, my name is Anne and I have GALS."

*flits off to be her faerie dancin' self*

PS If you read my About Me in my profile, you'll understand what I mean by fitness pole dance. I've given info for ppl to look up video footage, thankfully of which I'm not a part of. My teacher wears what she wants and keep in mind she's pro and well I think I'm beginner being quickly tossed into intermediate. I get to learn a floor routine for an upcoming show with the band I dance for (they don't know what I've been up to with pole fitness dance) which will be Feb 28th, Mardi Gras is the theme and our floor routine is the very first song and no one in the band knows I'll be doing it *giggles*. I'll be doing double duty starting Saturday with class and Sunday with rehearsal for floor routine (as in my guess, no poles involved, just dancing).

Hello Everyone. Happy Monday and happy February! :wave:

Hope everyone is heading to a great week and a great month.

SUE! WOOOO HOOOO Congrats congrats. It looks so well on you. Gerriann joined us at the Burns Night Dinner on Saturday. It was great....bagpipes, gorgeous (and not so) men in kilts, and ME (oh my!!!) giving the toast to the laddies (or, the response to the toast to the lassies).....I can't believe the things I said OR the cheers and yells I got for them! My mother would have had Dove Soap half way down my throat SCRUBBING!!!!

Paisleyscott! I am with you! Cyberjogging is for me (and my poor knees get tired just looking at that little fella go!).

Lady Elissa -- here's to the shadow of you that you will be for Vegas....just don't change the important stuff --- the you of you!

Raina Snow - been thinking about you and sending all good wishes and best thoughts your way.

{{{HUGS}}} to all. Much love and keep at it, ladies.

Jill

:dancer:

Lady Elissa -- here's to the shadow of you that you will be for Vegas....just don't change the important stuff --- the you of you!

No worries there, Jill. I plan to still be me, there should just be less of me! :p

Sounds like you had a great time at Burns Night! :D

JILL!!! are your ears itching (or whatever it is that is suppose to itch when someone is talking about you????lol)????

This morning I did 50 minutes on the treadmill at the gym and had just sat down on the bicycle to do 10 minutes (and get my breathe and stop sweating like a piggie...lol) but who should I see???? Geriann...well, she came over and sat next to me and as we peddled along she told me all about Burns Night and how fantastic you were...she said "the guy (lad) was good....but Jill (giving the lassie response) was absolutely GREAT!!! She told me all about it so instead of 10 minutes on the bike I did 25 and by the time she had finished telling me Dan'l was ready to go...lol. Oh Jill, I wish I could have been there to see you shine!!!!

hugs,

Sue

Congrats to everyone on they're recent accomplishments..*HUGE HUGS to everyone*

I too get tired watching that little guy cyber jog Cheryl lol.

I'm still working on my weight loss goal, getting there slowly lol. And i've been smoke free approaching a week :) *claps yay me*

Been hard due to the extreme amount of stress i'm dealing with, but hey i'm getting there and getting better.

Hope everyone is doing well. *huge hugs again*

Night ladies,

Kayla

Oh Kayla darling...one week...I know what you are going through my friend....

HUGE hugs and support....even after a year I still have my moments when I think I won't make it...but I take a deep breathe and I DO!!! It was only a few months after I quit smoking (after ... well, after probably more years than you have been alive!!!!) that my beloved hubby was diagnosed with cancer...stage 4 and oh, I can't tell you how much I wanted to pick up a cigarette...but I didn't...I decided that if I had gone this long...I could make it...and you have now gone a week and so can you!!! Good luck sweetie...

hugs,

Sue

Posted Image to everyone on getting healthy & Fit and Sue for kicking the bad habit of smoking!

Shamrocked, hope you feel better soon.

:hugs: to all

Tap

Sue,

Thank you so much for the support honey. It's been hard but I'm doing it. I tried a while back, tried Chantix and it made me cough up blood and I got really sick. I'm allergic to the patch,learned that one when my shoulder went up in hives and I couldn't breathe. The gum makes my lips numb and throat itch.

I REFUSE to smoke again and I don't care if I go bald in the process lol. Thats what hard candies and regular gum are for. And my sudden extreme caffiene intake. So now I get headaches without my coffee lol. I have an odd sleep schedule anyway, I try to sleep but my eyes won't let me. So some nights i'm up for 27 hours solid, has nothing to do with my caffiene intake. It's all my stress and anxiety.

Have a good night my lovely ladies! *hugs hugs*

-Kayla

Edited by Izzabeta

Sue and Elissa, and all the rest of you--congratulations on the efforts to become more healthy.

I KNOW how hard it is. And after years of unsuccessful attempts, I have now lost 60 lbs in 2

years, and I am a firm believer in slow loss with lifestyle changes for the better--otherwise the

wt. won't stay off. I have actually maintained for nearly 6 months and I also think that is HARDER

than losing the wt. I need to lose 30-40 more lbs. but I am taking it very slow, with a 10lb goal

for the next 4 months. Anyway, congrats to all of you.

Hugs,

Judy

My sweet Gene quit smoking for my birthday shortly after we were married. He went through the SmokeEnders program (don't know if its even around anymore). He used to keep lemon juice on his bedside table and whenever he'd have a bad craving at night, he'd take a wee nip of that. Said he didn't want anything to do with a cigarette after that taste! Bless him, he lived another 30 years but he still missed smoking after all that time!

I just wanted to touch base with everyone to say hi and wish everyone a peaceful goodnight. Have happy Gerry dreams, y'all!

Suzie

Congratulations Kayla!! :highfive: A girlfriend of mine quit a couple of years ago and said it's hardest the first couple of months. Hang in there baby!! You can do it!

Your Evil Twin,

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Thank you for your support sweetie! *hugs* Thank you everyone for your support, it means alot to me. It is tough but I know I can do it. I've taken to putting dawn dishsoap on my tongue whenever I want a cigarette LOL works like a charm.

*huge hugs to everyone*

Your evil Twin,

Kayla

I quit with Gerry the first time for 300 and stayed off the smokes. Three years plus now and all thanks to GALS and Gerry.

Good luck to all trying to get in shape for Vegas. That's the best motivation for anything.

Hugs to all

Cat

Congratulations to all of you that have quit smoking - and have loved ones that have quit. I'm one of the "quitters" also. It's a very freeing thing - and it feels good!

Cheers!

Hi GALS!!

How is everyone? Just wanted to let everyone know, I was thinking about them!

Edited by jobella

Jobella- thanks (hope I'm included in "everyone") - I needed that cheery greeting today. Cheers to you and all the other Gals - have a wonderful day.

:yourock: :yourock: