Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frannie, I'm afraid my front door will remain closed to these goose things. The mama geese are really big and look like ducks on steroids. However, the males look like duckzillas! they stand about waist high at the crest (my waist, anyway) and weigh about 25 pounds! They are bigger than my dog! Teeny is content to bark at them through the window but no way is she going out there! I have to chase them away with a broom when they start munching on my shrubs!

Ladies, I just finished the most enchanting book titled "MacGowan's Ghost" by Cindy Miles (wrote a review in the book section) (see if this link works) http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...c=24865&hl=

Cindy admitted on her website http://www.cindy-miles.com/ that she used Gerry as the inspiration for her latest hero, Gabe MacGowan. It is a funny, romantic "ghost" story with an adorable group of pesky ghosties and a wonderful story line. There are bunches of references to Gerry's movies, lines from various scenes, situations from both Gerry's movies and things that happened to Gerry (Gabe was a law student at Glasgow University). It was such fun turning pages just to see what Gerry reference I could pick up next! I actually sent Cindy an email to which she responded. She was delighted that another Gerry fan picked up on the references and she says her agent is sending Gerry a copy of the book and will let me know if anything comes of it! She seems like a really lovely person!

I had mother here for four days and took her home yesterday. My ulcer has calmed down now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and I'm sending hugs to all of you!!

Suzie

Frannie, I'm afraid my front door will remain closed to these goose things. The mama geese are really big and look like ducks on steroids. However, the males look like duckzillas! they stand about waist high at the crest (my waist, anyway) and weigh about 25 pounds! They are bigger than my dog! Teeny is content to bark at them through the window but no way is she going out there! I have to chase them away with a broom when they start munching on my shrubs!

Suzie

I choked just now while eating reading this. It brought back memories of being chased by a white duck or whatever those things were a swan but it started chasing me when I was out feeding the duckies in the park. I guess I got too close to a nest that I didn't know was there and all of a sudden this duck/swan started going full force on me. Not cool. These kids were laughing at me! Double NOT cool. Lets just say I haven't fed the ducks in that location for some time now. I go elsewhere. So, be careful. They're cute to look at but they're not so cute when they try and chase you because they feel threaten. Oi!

I think I may go to the emergency room after work. I think I have a dislocated pinky finger. It hurts when I bend it and it feels out of place and a bit swollen. How this happened I have no idea but it hurts. I hope it's not something more serious like a lump, but *slaps hand* I'm not going to be a pessimist about this. I just hope it's not that serious.

Must get back to work and then I'm off early to go. TTFN!

Cassie

I woke up with a sore throat & now a cough seems to be following. I must go to bed at a decent hour.

I think there is dance practice this week and next week is band rehearsals so I'll be out late and then a week from this Saturday I sure hope I have the energy to move & groove up on stage and actually have fun.

Have a good day GALS!

I'm not sure where I should post this - but I'm just wondering if there are any fans of Somewhere n Time (Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour)? It was on Saturday night - back to back - and I just love the movie and the music and wondered if I had any Gals that were watching it with me (albeit wherever they may be located).

Cheers

I was there watching "Somewhere in Time" with you! I love that movie. My mom was here and it is her favorite! I will admit. however, to turning off the broadcast and watching it on DVD when mom started complaining about the commercials. (She is 86. It's hard to find anything she doesn't complain about!)

Suzie

TexasGrandma...my mom had geese...I hated them!! Oh my, they would attack you...made it nearly impossible to visit her. As soon as you would pull into her driveway, they would surround your car, like they were on a pinch your butt mission or something. The biggest and meanest one of all was named Saul...I'd scream and blow my horn for my mom to come outside and get her crazy geese away from my car.

Frannie...hope your alright girlfriend.

Swannie...I hope your brother in laws are better.

To anyone who needs it, hugs and I hope all is well.

I've been working out and dieting for over a week. My legs and butt and back and arms...feel like jello at the moment. I found out real quick, I've gotten in crappy shape...good grief I'm only 38. I started the yoga booty ballet and the balance ball work out. It works...you feeel the burn baby...feel the burn!

Okay hugs and kisses.

Hi Gals

I feel like such a stranger anymore. Well the lastest drama in my life is.....I got a phone call last night from my husbands boss saying Marc had been injured at taken by LSU to the hospital in Chico which is about hour and half away. Long story short he was breaking up a fight and fell down smack on his knee, which literally broke his patella in half. He had surgery 2 years ago on the same knee after tearing his ACL at work again.

Anyways please keep us in your thoughts

Jen

Hi Gals

I feel like such a stranger anymore. Well the lastest drama in my life is.....I got a phone call last night from my husbands boss saying Marc had been injured at taken by LSU to the hospital in Chico which is about hour and half away. Long story short he was breaking up a fight and fell down smack on his knee, which literally broke his patella in half. He had surgery 2 years ago on the same knee after tearing his ACL at work again.

Jen

Will do Jen

I was there watching "Somewhere in Time" with you! I love that movie. My mom was here and it is her favorite! I will admit. however, to turning off the broadcast and watching it on DVD when mom started complaining about the commercials. (She is 86. It's hard to find anything she doesn't complain about!)

Suzie

It's available on DVD???? I didn't know that! Geez - great news - thanks.

BlueJean

Hello to all the GALS

I can't begin to catch up on all the posts so will send prayers and thoughts to Jen (jobella).

Frannie: I am one of the worried-about-ya GALS and hope you are doing much better now.

Hi BlueJean! Oh I wish I could have watched Somewhere in Time with you then. Love that movie and haven't seen it in a long while.

Hi Anne and Sweet&Sassy had fun in chat with you. Sapphyre :crack: me lady. LOL. You have such fun!

Hey Raina Snow, hope you are doing ok dear lady and that the aches and pains are lessening for you.

My oldest son, his wife and the light of my life, my granddaughter spent Saturday through today with hubby and me. She is 18 months old and talking up a storm and can point to and name lots of things and answer questions. Just love hearing her little voice saying these words and we ask her to name them over and over! She doesn't get tired at all of it and patiently gives us what we want. Oh, and Grandma (me) taught her to dance today. She would point at my radio and say muse.. and I knew she wanted me to turn it on and then she would jump up and down. I taught her to do a little more dancing than jumping and she just laughs and laughs and turns around too. So cute. They stayed all weekend till today left early this morning and Grandma has been slowly coming down off the Grandma heaven cloud. LOL. My sweet daughter and her hubby joined us on Sunday and cooked us a yummy dinner! I helped her some but she just said spend the time with granddaughter mostly What a sweetie my daughter is! She adores her only niece.

Ok that's it for now. I want to read more posts and see what I have missed on here.

Slainte,

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

Hi my friends and sisters...my cousin is visiting from NY so I probably won't be on much this week...but had to stop by and see how all of you are doing....

Jenn, I'm so sorry for Marc...OUCH! Well, looks like he's going to be home for awhile...huh?

Suzie, step back from the godzilla ducks...lol

Nancy, that avatar is one of Stef's gems from TUT....

hugs and love,

Sue

Hi Gals

Jen

Jobella - you got it! Prayers for your husband and for you! I really am a stranger here (kinda' new) (well, except for my age)(but kinda' new to Gals) - but I see your husband's name is Marc and I will be praying.

BlueJean

Hi all.

Diane - sounds like you had a great time with the family!

Sue - Have fun with your cousin. Are you going to do anything fun while she visits?

Raina - Hope your feeling well my dear.

Everyone else have a fabulous week!

Kayla - Hang in there baby! My thoughts and prayers are with you my evil twin!

Hugs,

Cheryl

Hello one and all.

Much love to everyone in the GALS gang.

I've been reading the boards this weekend, goodness ---- we are full of DRAMA. Wow. I'd never realized that before.

Craig Ferguson says it is INTERNATIONAL FLIRTING WEEK

so GALS -----

GET OUT THERE AND DO YOUR DUTY!

Jill :makeout::2kiss::kiss::lick::kiss2::donjuan:

GOOD MOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNIG TO ALL MY GALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry lame attempt of old school Robin Williams from Good Morning Vietnam)

:wave:

Man o Man - there are so many yummylicious pics of Gerry all around us - I wonder how we can hang on to reality - or do we really want to?

Good day - all you Gals - hope everyone is having a Gerrylicous day and enjoying the "hotness" that is posted throughout this site.

"International Flirting Week", huh? Let's see........there is the postman and....er.....ah......the postman......and then there would be..........the postman. Okay - I'll work on it!

Cheers! :bellydance: :bellydance:

Oh Bonnie love your siggy why am I just now seeing it? duh!!! thats me.

Hi to Frannie and Jen hope ya'll get well soon. Anna, sue, Diane, Sapphyre, Lady Elissa, Jill cheryl, adn oh Swannie Hot hot hot!!!!!

I went to the neuro dr he didn't do an mri he said I have the worse case of torticollis its a step up from that to a little worse, I have no motion in my neck at all and my muscles in and around my collar bone and that hump on my back , and shoulders are so tight. He wants me at PT> he said don't let the chiropractor mess with the neck he can do the back but not the neck. Well I won't go to him because I don't think my insurance will pay both him and the PT therapist anyway. He gave me a new muscle relaxer/ I told him flexeril don't get it and he gave me something that is suppose to help move the muscles more never heard of it aucone or aucane something like that anyway. would you not know it the pharmacy dont' have either one I have to wait to take them tomorrow. I am going in to volunteer.

I got such a nice birthday present from the lady I volunteer with Margaret a pretty black and silver necklace and earrings to match. And one of my Hawaii angels sent me a pink pearl , she must have known from some little bird I love pink. ! :hmm: anyway my sister in law in NH Dot, sent me a certificate for apple bees she knows they have ww menu. but bless her heart she has no money she should not have done that.

I hope every one gets well that is ill , and be good if you can. I never see Pilar on here. she must be in over 18. that naughty girl :whome2: what ever flaps your skirt. oH the dr said only 15 mins at a time at the computer and then 30 mins off. not 2 and 3 hours like I do playing games and on weekends when I have nothing to do so I am going to have to try and pick my cross stitch back up if I can even see to do that. who said getting Old is the Golden Years? :tantrum: Nite nite everyone sleep well oh I forgot to tell ya'll 3 nights ago boy did I have the best ever Gerry dream. I would have not believed it , but it was him and he was like Marek or Johnny his hair and beard and stuff. Oh I will never have another like it again. I Know. xoxoxo hugs Raina Snow :ohbaby:

Look, I cannot read this whole thread so let me just give my love to all. I hope my Homie, Peggy is up in here sometime and knows I love her.

I love you all. Peggy was just the first person to really reach out to me at Gals.

Love,

Tracy :kiss:

I'm still here Tracy and I love you too.Just not much to say anymore.I peek in all the time checking in on all my Gal Pals.Hope you're all well.

Posted Image Peggy

Good morning, all Gals everywhere in the whole, wide world!

This is a most wonderful day........oops - my granddaughter just called to say she isn't coming up (with my great-granddaughter) after all. She has a cold and said she was up most of the night - so she just wants to stay home. Shoot! But......it's still a most wonderful day, huh?

Raina Snow - bless your heart - you really get beat-up on. Hope you're feeling better and that the new meds (when you get them) will do the job.

Someone mentioned somewhere (details are not my thing, I guess) that Entertainment Tonight is doing a blurb on LAC - does anyone know anymore about that?

Carolina Anna - looking forward to hearing from you!

Dark Angel - ditto!

Happy Heart - wondering where you are? Redhead? Moonstruck?

Cheers!

AB - BlueJean

Good morning, all Gals everywhere in the whole, wide world!

This is a most wonderful day........oops - my granddaughter just called to say she isn't coming up (with my great-granddaughter) after all. She has a cold and said she was up most of the night - so she just wants to stay home. Shoot! But......it's still a most wonderful day, huh?

Raina Snow - bless your heart - you really get beat-up on. Hope you're feeling better and that the new meds (when you get them) will do the job.

Someone mentioned somewhere (details are not my thing, I guess) that Entertainment Tonight is doing a blurb on LAC - does anyone know anymore about that?

Carolina Anna - looking forward to hearing from you!

Dark Angel - ditto!

Happy Heart - wondering where you are? Redhead? Moonstruck?

Cheers!

AB - BlueJean

I saw that post also. I can't remember where it was, but I believe they said the LAC blurb w/b on Friday.