Gerard Butler GALS

Meeting Gerry Afterthought

Last week I received several pm's asking me how I kept my cool when approaching Gerry in Philly. They all said they would fall apart in one way or the other. First off - I'm a senior citizen and time is of the essence. When he turned around and his eyes met my mine I was a goner. I compose myself in a split second and thought just how many chances like this was I going to get! I suggest if you are in a small group and you come upon him that you extend your hand and say how nice it is to meet him and he will take it from there. He has this uncanny ability to be able to read you. God Bless Him! Remember he is only a man.

OK let me rephrase that! He is a beautiful specimen of a sweet smelling, incredible, adorable, hot, talented, caring, tall, gracious, single, sexy, awesome, I want to take you home type of guy! But that's another story!

Barbara (I will never be the same) I have the worst case of GALS!

Barbara.......still so happy you had such a wonderful experience. You know hearing you tell your story is causing My case of GALs to get even stronger.

Did you have to throw in sweet smelling????? I mean.........really????????? Was I not in bad enough shape already? :lol:

I think I'll go put on some Jo Malone.

:hugs:

Ren

Thank you for sharing your Gerry experience with us. I love hearing all about the real Gerry. I can only imagine he is so down to earth, charming, cheeky and THAT smile!!! I have certainly being looking for a Gerry here in Australia, but nothing comes remotely close the real deal.... Sally :wuv:

OMG I guess he hugged you? All my friends tease me that if we ever met him in person, they would have to hold me up! I would like to meet him and then I can leave this world HAPPY! :wuv:

Joanie :wave:

Last week I received several pm's asking me how I kept my cool when approaching Gerry in Philly. They all said they would fall apart in one way or the other. First off - I'm a senior citizen and time is of the essence. When he turned around and his eyes met my mine I was a goner. I compose myself in a split second and thought just how many chances like this was I going to get! I suggest if you are in a small group and you come upon him that you extend your hand and say how nice it is to meet him and he will take it from there. He has this uncanny ability to be able to read you. God Bless Him! Remember he is only a man.

OK let me rephrase that! He is a beautiful specimen of a sweet smelling, incredible, adorable, hot, talented, caring, tall, gracious, single, sexy, awesome, I want to take you home type of guy! But that's another story!

Hi Barbara,

I say you are one lucky lady and your description of him above is wonderful. I think your approach to introducing yourself to him is absolutely spot on. I would try to be like that, hopefully keeping my cool and hoping things would go well from that point. As you say, he is just a man but a most beautiful one at that.

Thank you for letting us in on your lovely experience with Gerard.

Love Jackiexx

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN . NEVER GET ENOUGH OF GERRY. I WENT BACK SUNDAY AND SAW HIM AGAIN AT CITY HALL

Barb & All,

It will be 3 years on March 13th that I had nearly the exact same experience that Barbra had

meeting Gerry. I only wished that I had thought to extend my hand, because when I finally

got my moment, I was almosts in shock. It didn't phase Gerry--he put his arm on my shoulder

and apologized that because he couldn't give me a "proper" hug!! (He had his cup of coffee in

his other hand.) Our converation was very brief as he got the call to return to the set, but it

was unbelievably wonderful and beautiful to me. Having him look into your eyes is beyond

description--and the person inside was truly caring and beautiful. It is like he is "yours" for the

moment, and although I have been told "well, he's an ACTOR," I know in my heart he takes

those seconds--minutes (if you are that lucky) to share a bit of himself with you. Just you, for

that moment, his gift to "you."

So it has been three years and I will never be the same and yes, I still have a bad case of GALS.

Go with it Barbara, it was a gift, and why would we want it to end? I could go on and on how

many ways that day/weekend changed my life, but it has in MANY wonderful and good ways. A

most precious gift from Gerry is how I think of it.

Hugs,

Judy

Meeting Gerry last Sept. at TIFF...was a moment I won't ever forget. The moment happened so fast and unexpectidly that I didn't have time to think about what to say. He was in front of me, I extended my hand towards him and he took it. I made a point to look him in the eyes. I wanted eye contact. He shook my hand, I said it was a pleasure to meet him, he said thank you and then he was gone. One can never be fully prepared for a Gerry encounter. You just have to go with the flow and do whatever the situation permits.

I suggest if you are in a small group and you come upon him that you extend your hand and say how nice it is to meet him and he will take it from there. He has this uncanny ability to be able to read you.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement, Barbara. I'm glad you finally had your proper hug from Gerry. I know it's hard to be calm and "normal" in front of the object of our affection. I've seen him live three times, and each time I found it difficult to be calm. I'm hoping that from reading more and more experiences that the next time I get to be in front of him, I'll be able to do just what you suggest - extend my hand and let himdo the rest. :wuv:

Lisa

He is a beautiful specimen of a sweet smelling, incredible, adorable, hot, talented, caring, tall, gracious, single, sexy, awesome, I want to take you home type of guy! But that's another story!

:claphands::claphands::claphands:

I think you covered it all

:)

I understand totally.I will never get over that moment when he looked at me and waved me over.Looking into his eyes,I was mesmerized.I'll never forget being in his arms,his strength.The gripping,and he was into it, but those eyes have mercy.I've never seen another human being with such intense,beautiful eyes and such lush hair.Man I love his hair.I'll never get over it.I'll hold his vision in my mind forever.I can't say enough about him.I've got an extreme case of GALS

I understand totally.I will never get over that moment when he looked at me and waved me over.Looking into his eyes,I was mesmerized.I'll never forget being in his arms,his strength.The gripping,and he was into it, but those eyes have mercy.I've never seen another human being with such intense,beautiful eyes and such lush hair.Man I love his hair.I'll never get over it.I'll hold his vision in my mind forever.I can't say enough about him.I've got an extreme case of GALS

You lucky lady!! As I have mentioned in reply to Barbara, thank you for sharing your experience. Gerard's eyes are really something else. I could not believe how they looked when I saw him, so intense, deep and beautiful, a shade of green that I have never in my life seen before. I hope I get to be hugged by him someday, now that would be my dream come true.

sounds fantastic...lucky you got to sniff him :woo: twice!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you forgive me for moving our place in LA last year. :p I'm so happy for you. He does have this way of just looking at your that just makes you weak in the knees doesn't he. BTW, I still haven't wash the dress I wore when I got my hug. *sigh*

Cassie

Well my friend.....I read it! You kept telling me to get here and see what you wrote...which by the way doesn't change what I have told you before!! I am thrilled to my every being for you....Course I didn't know that after such a meeting you wouldn't come back down to Earth ever ever again! :p I don't think your feet have touched the ground since....But then again I guess it's understandable...now I know when I get my chance (and I will mind ya) I will follow your example and hopefully get the same kind of greeting...then after I wrestle him to the ground......um....slaps face and comes back to reality.....and don't get your panties in a twist galfriends ...I would never do that! Unless he made the first move :p Oh what the Hell ...a girl can dream can't she!! :cunning: But honestly and all kidding aside I am truly ecstatic that my good friend Barbara got her long awaited dream to come true and she will have this moment to cherish for all time! Course she could stop rubbing it in to me all the time! :lalala::D

:kiss: I Luv Ya Barb..you know it!! :D Frannie

• 1 month later...