Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
ginnywhit

DVD RockNRolla

I watched my DVD last night and was very disappoined that it is in Wide Screen and Boxed. Half of the scenes were missing. Like the Russian jumping on the bed with Gerry tied down, it only shows the Russian doing something and if I had not seen the original movie I wouldn't have known what was going on. I've checked and it seems that all DVD's from now on are going to be Wide screen unless you get Blue Ray.

I'll of couse keep the movie, but wondered if anyone else noticed the difference?

ginnywhit

I just got the DVD & noticed the same thing. I was also disappointed that there was no "making of" segment. I love to hear what the actors think about the movie they made. I have seen the interviews but I would have liked them to be included in the DVD. I love the movie though.

The Blu-Ray version fills the screen and the Special Features include a wonderful commentary with Guy and Mark Strong (Archie), additional scene (all Gerry, baby!), "Blokes, Birds and Backhanders: Inside RocknRolla" (which was great!) and "Guys Town" where Guy and others talk about the changes in London. From what I saw, all the scenes were included in the movie except for the Additional Scene which is in the Special Features.

Suzie

Gosh, I have got to get my husband on the Blu-ray wagon. He refuses to buy another TV until the one we have wears out. I've had it 27" for 20 years and it isn't going anywhere soon. Sony. Of course I love Gerry in it and will keep the DVD. envious of your blu-ray....imagine a screen filled with Gerry!!!!!

Thanks for your input. Ginnywhit

The Blu-Ray version fills the screen and the Special Features include a wonderful commentary with Guy and Mark Strong (Archie), additional scene (all Gerry, baby!), "Blokes, Birds and Backhanders: Inside RocknRolla" (which was great!) and "Guys Town" where Guy and others talk about the changes in London. From what I saw, all the scenes were included in the movie except for the Additional Scene which is in the Special Features.

Suzie

Suzie

Those aren't just on the Blu Ray version. They're on the double disc/Special Edition version as well. The commentary is really good!

I'm going to watch the commentary version with Mark and Guy later tonight. I loved the deleted scene with GB. Too bad they deleted it, it wasn't that long. I can't imagine him being as sick as he was during the making of that movie and still doing all the physical stuff he had to.

When I ordered RnR from Amazon, I didn't realize there was a version with the extras and a version without. Naturally, I got the one without, so I trekked to Wallyworld yesterday and got the two-disc version. I'll be more careful what I order from now on.

Unfortunately I missed out on seeing this movie at the cinemas here in Echuca (a small country town) as it was only screened for a brief time. I found out on Friday it will be released in Australia on 4 March and my copy isnt going to be Blu-ray either as I dont own a Blu-ray dvd player. Oh well, I am sure I will still enjoy the movie! Sally :unsure:

I watched my DVD last night and was very disappoined that it is in Wide Screen and Boxed. Half of the scenes were missing. Like the Russian jumping on the bed with Gerry tied down, it only shows the Russian doing something and if I had not seen the original movie I wouldn't have known what was going on. I've checked and it seems that all DVD's from now on are going to be Wide screen unless you get Blue Ray.

I'll of couse keep the movie, but wondered if anyone else noticed the difference?

ginnywhit

I saw the dvd again and I have the wide screen 2 disc but I saw the Russian jumping on the bed with his weapon in his hand

you could see what he was going to do to Gerry but right before the gun shots went off they do cut to his legs only.

You cant see the Russian jumping on the bed on your copy?

Most dvd's have scenes cut from the movie unless they include an option for Theatrical Version or you get that version dvd

What other scenes did you think were cut out I cant seem to remember from when the movie came out

btw...do you have a full screen option on your dvd remote sometimes that helps

All I see is the back of the Russian doing something? My husband is going to kill me but I'm going to order the two disc version.

ginnywhit

I saw the dvd again and I have the wide screen 2 disc but I saw the Russian jumping on the bed with his weapon in his hand

you could see what he was going to do to Gerry but right before the gun shots went off they do cut to his legs only.

You cant see the Russian jumping on the bed on your copy?

Most dvd's have scenes cut from the movie unless they include an option for Theatrical Version or you get that version dvd

What other scenes did you think were cut out I cant seem to remember from when the movie came out

btw...do you have a full screen option on your dvd remote sometimes that helps

Edited by ginnywhit

I have the 2-disc version too, and love the commentary from Guy Ritchie and Mark Strong. And of course I had to freeze the "mooning" scene!! I mean really, how often do we get to see Gerry's bum?? :pant::yummy:

Edited by cronewolfe

I have the 2-disc version too, and love the commentary from Guy Ritchie and Mark Strong. And of course I had to freeze the "mooning" scene!! I mean really, how often do we get to see Gerry's bum?? :pant::yummy:

Not often enough! :wuv:

Widescreen versions usually do NOT cut off any part of the scene as it was shown in theaters, in fact that's the purpose of showing it in widescreen format so you don't lose part of the scene. When they take a widescreen movie and then make it full screen is when you usually will lose part of what could be seen in the theater. While I tend to find letterbox widescreen annoying, especially considering I have a widescreen TV set and would expect to NOT have the letterboxing effect, I do appreciate being able to see everything as it showed in the theater. I can sometimes use the "Aspect" button on my remote control to get a little less of the black banding on top and bottom. I have the 2-disc special edition of RnR but have to admit I've not had time to watch it yet in order to compare to the theatrical release. Maybe I'll get to watch it this weekend.

yeah thats what I meant tto the aspect button on your remote

what in Gods name is letterboxing someone please explain

Ginnywhit: it's on the 2 disc but it is a quick scene

curious what other scenes do you think are missing?