Gerard Butler GALS

2/6 - New TUT Poster

LOL, well then it will make us just want to see the movie even more then! *hugs to all my gals and pals*

-Kayla

It did not harm Knocked Up's chances at box office being a R certificate. I think this is very much geared to both men and women - more so ensuring the men being dragged along by their Gerry loving women have a good time too :funnyup:

Moira

There was a brief posting on IMDB by someone who saw a preview screening of 'TUT'. She couldn't say too much, but she said that she and the entire audience enjoyed it immensely and that it is indeed very raunchy and sexy. She likened it to a Judd Apatow movie (Knocked Up, 40year Old Virgin). I enjoyed both those movies. She also said that Gerry is extremely funny and seems to be having a really good time in the role of Mike. It's also romantic and sexy. There are scenes where he gives KH sweet, longing looks (can't wait to see those) and there are a couple of GREAT kisses LOL.

I was reading an interview with one of the writers and she says that the movie is very sexy with the Salsa dance (with Gerry and Katie) being especially 'hot'. She also says that there will be couples making out in cars after watching 'TUT' and babies born 9 months later LOL.

Yeah, I remember reading that review on IMDb. I even saved it on my laptop. It was a pretty comprehensive review. Loved it!

The writer's interview cracked me up! loooooool! I cannot wait to see the salsa scene. The picture of them dancing is probably from the salsa scene. You can already tell that this scene will be hot. Aww... I think I'll love this movie. :wuv:

Edited by Novelistgirl

I've seen a couple of PG-13 movies, with kids sitting right in front of me, that I felt were so raunch they should have gotten an R rating. I wanted to reach in front of me an cover their eyes or ears! Even though no strong language was used, the suggestions of what they were doing was very obvious. The movie I saw was a comedy and it was bad and raunchy, I almost got up and left. It was just stupid raunch, not funny raunch. I think the movie distributors feel like if something like that gets an R then they are limiting their target audience.

I think all that determines it jumping to an R is stronger language and some types of nudity and strong sexual content. I think the lines are more blurred these days. I don't why they bother rating anything.

D

I saw "Knocked Up" and hated it. I don't mind a couple characters using foul language in a film, but when just about every character does, to me it seems forced and unrealistic. I guess I've just never been around that kind of dialogue. I mean, do people really talk like that out there?

I have no problem listening to Gerry throw F-bombs, but again, I think some balance is good. To me the raunchy humor in "Knocked Up" and similar films, stops being funny after the 1st 15 minutes, and then it just gets old.

I really hope TUT has more to offer than that.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I'm almost in agreement with Swannie. Almost. :) I enjoyed Knocked Up, but there were a few scenes I could have lived without. But on the whole, it was really funny. 40 Year Old Virgin, same thing - even funnier.

I think with Gerry being Gerry, and enjoying himself making this movie, I think we'll also enjoy it perhaps look past some of the raunch we might otherwise not appreciate. I'm so looking forward to the dance scene I can hardly contain myself.

Okay, so I hated the idea of this movie when he first signed on, but the more I hear about it the more excited I am about seeing it. I can't wait to hear how he tells her to eat that hotdog!!!

Lisa

Whenever they show that hot dog clip, I always think we're not getting the whole story. I definitely think he says something more than what we see in the trailer.

B

Edited by Rendita

Whenever they show that hot dog clip, I always think we're not getting the whole story. I definitely thinks he says something more than what we see in the trailer.

B

That's a-what I'm-a sayin' . . . I KNOW there's more out of that man's mouth about it . . . and you know we'll never, EVER eat a hot dog the same again . . .

Whenever they show that hot dog clip, I always think we're not getting the whole story. I definitely thinks he says something more than what we see in the trailer.

B

That's a-what I'm-a sayin' . . . I KNOW there's more out of that man's mouth about it . . . and you know we'll never, EVER eat a hot dog the same again . . .

*gasps* I'm eating hot dogs tonight! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It seems there's a new poster for the movie. I don't know if you know this one. I hadn't seen it before. Here it is :

http://gerardbutler.fr/img/news/img295

It was posted on the French Gerry board and on IMDb.

I love the fact that we can see Gerry on this one. :drool1: But the other one is great too. I don't know which one is the official one.

I ordered an Ugly Truth and Phantom of the Opera poster for my bedroom...along with another poster :yummy: