Gerard Butler GALS

It's definitely not one of my favorites - both Gerry's character of Sam and Sarah make me so angry I want to spit. He is adorable, so young and before his teeth were fixed, with his long curly hair he is so cute. I hope the director make Burns a more likeable character, and film.

Funny how different people are. I just love 'One More Kiss.' I must have watched it 20 times since I bought it. Gerry is just gorgeous. I guess I side with Charlotte (I really liked the actress who plays her). But I also see how Sam gets tangled up again with 'Seeerah' and all his past baggage. It's a beautifully shot film, and Gerry is very good in it. It's one of those films in which you might ask yourself, "How would I have acted in similar circumstances?" I know if I'd been Charlotte, I would have been just as p'd off. Better get used to the actress who plays Sarah, she likely be in Burns.

No she's not the only Scottish actress, but on the Robert Burns Film website, she has 65 percent of the vote to play Jean Armour. There must be a lot of Scots who really like her.

I wish they would just stop that poll on the film's website. GB has 79 percent of the votes to play Rabbie Burns; we know he has the part; so why are they keeping that thing going?

Update the site people!! (Please)

One More Kiss isn't my favorite of Gerry's movies either, but it certainly isn't my least favorite either. Like Susan said, he is adorable in it, but sometimes I wanted to shake some sense into him! And, don't get me started on Sarah! :lalala:

errr...is it just me that really really loves this movie even with all the frustrating parts :lalala:

SouthernGirl here are some clips : in my opinion its worth getting you can get it at a good price if you search for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP4Yuuilhos

part2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxfpqQBYGs8...feature=related

theres more on those pages with links

Edited by Guest

I loved it! I just bought this a fews back along with The Jury (yet to see it) and Shattered (didn't like it). I watched OMK first and I loved Gerry. He looks so adorable and I thought the story was interesting. I didn't like the actress who played Sarah, but I did like the father and Charlotte. Sam was a jerk, especially in the kitchen scene *spoiler*

when she tells him she wants to try for a baby. He reacted so strongly and abruptly and it was heart wrenching to watch. I really felt his fustration and the hurt she must have felt. Then of course there was the Opera scene in which he doesn't show up and goes to Sarah instead. It was a decent love triangle movie and one that most women wouldn't understand because the loving wife gets short-sided and for a girl that was seemingly not a great beauty or a likable person at that.

Gerry, adorable and great performance. Loved it!!!!! :)

I guess I'm in the minority as well. I happened to have liked OMK. I thought it was well acted and directed, hence everyone's strong reaction to it. If, IMO, it wasn't done well, then no one would have given a shite about what happened to the characters.

Definitely worth adding to the Gerry Library.

I would recommend this film. It’s complex and layered. The movie is stunning to look at, quite an accomplishment for a low budget film. I liked that Sarah was so difficult, unlikable. She was dying but not presented as being noble and wise because she was ill. She came back to her hometown and asked for what she wanted and didn’t much care who she hurt in the process. Not admirable at all and it has a destructive effect on Sam and Charlotte. But I also believe there were some pretty serious fault lines in Sam’s marriage to begin with.

So give this movie a try. Gerry is terrific and sometimes I felt like hitting him upside the head in this movie. But I loved him as an opera loving chef.

Off Topic:

I don’t know if the actress who played Sarah will end up in Burns or not. But I hope the Burns producers are taking a good look at Kelly McDonald (Trainspotting, No Country for Old Men). She would be terrific!

Hokay - another nut case here. I love OMK - don't necessarily like the way it ends - I thought it was tragic - no one won - everyone lost. But I love the movie. I kept hoping Sam would wake up and realize his allegiance was to Charlotte - but didn't happen. Well, tho, at lease Sara did something nice for Frank - and he wound happy - so he won. But the movie is great - anyone that doesn't have it or hasn't seen it - you need to.

Cheers!

I love the varied opinions on this topic and now I'm more intrigued than ever.I plan to see everything he's ever done in the past and foreseeable future.It looks like a meaty role.Something he really sank his chops into.I'm adding it to my library no matter what.Thanks for the links *guest* .

This is my opinion only . . . it's a horrible movie on many levels. Not sure about clips, but you can Netflix it. Gerry looks very young and cute, but other than that ... well, there's nothing else.

I'm with Lisa 100% on this one...I had to turn it off right in the middle, I just couldn't take it. Not good at all.

I think it's a great movie because it brings out so many emotions in everyone who sees it. You hate the characters or you love them, but you are never indifferent to them. It's definitely not for people who only want 'feel good movies'. And, as a bonus, GB does some great acting ... and his looks are beyond compare.

OK, I realize I'm in the minority on this one, but I loved it. I rented from Netflix to see if it was worth buying my own copy and I certainly will. (not so with Shooters, BTW) Yes, there had to be some serious cracks in the marriage to begin with for Charlotte to react that way. But it's not as if Sarah asked Sam to move in with her, or went right out and rented a convenient hotel room. If Charlotte had been secure in herself and not so threatened, I think she should have made a way to keep herself in the loop- find out what they were going to do and made herself a part of it sometimes - a package deal, so to speak. I do agree the ending was very sad, and not just because of Sarah's death, altho' it looks like her dad will be all right. Personally, I wanted to sit there on the steps with Sam and just put my arms around him.

And my god, wasn't Gerry gorgeus at 29? :wuv: