Gerard Butler GALS

Favorite Words

gerran

Okay, so I've been listening to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack for the 2004 movie again, and I have to play the songs over and over again because I just love how Gerry sings the score. Some of my favorite words of his are "fire" from "What raging fire shall flood the soul" from PONR, "welcome" from "I bid you welcome" from Down Once More, "me" and "strange" from "Sing once again with me our strange duet" from POTO (Gerry really turns "me" into a sexy word), and all the "before(s)" from "Music of the Night." What are some of your favorite words?

Favorite words from POTO that Gerry sings/says. I like "garish" as in turn your face away from the "garish" light of day" from Music of the Night. How about, "feel it" from Music of the Night. Where you long to "be" when it echos. Then there's "Triumphant" when he's presenting the score to Don Juan Triumphant. There are four here but quite effective, "joys of the flesh". I'm sure there are more.

D

My absolute favorite line from POTO is when Gerry sings...our games of make believe are at an end in PONR. Every time I hear that line and see him close his eyes slighly...it gives me butterflies.....each and every time!!! Hugs, Linda

Aren't we so very glad that Joel told him to "make it sexy"! Gerry has no problem doing that! I think I read somewhere that PONR was the first thing that was filmed when the movie was made. Gerry said he put everything he had in to it! And I say, "give it to me, baby!" :donjuan:

D

May I chime in here - I discovered Gerry and Phantom only last July - can you stand it? I really haven't been living under a rock all these years and am working diligently to make up for lost time! Anyway, back to your question, I agree with the posters' responses, but the word that completely sends me into outer space is when he sings "...Chrisssstine, that's all I ask..." right before she unmasks him in PONR. Hence my user name. Where have I been all his life? Thanks you GALS - I love this forum. Happy thoughts!

Oh there are so many! Although MOTN gives me chills, PONR is sooo damn sexy I can barely stand to watch it. :pant:

I think the word "fire" is my favorite as well. But I also love the cheekiness of "Messieurs I bid you welcome" from Red Death.

Aw, hell ... I was going to watch RNR today ... I think I have to watch POTO instead. Oh wait! I have the day off ... I can watch BOTH! :D

Lisa

OMG there are SO many words and phrases I just have to listen to over and over and over. I think I'd have to say that my top favorite is when he appears in the mirror to Christine. The whole phrase starting with "Flattering child, you shall know me....." His voice is so tender and lagatto (fogive the spelling. It means very smooth in musical terms). But what stops my breathing is his dramatic change from the tender and lagatto to the strong and intense, "I am therrrrre inside!" :swoon:

My next favorite is the entire PONR scene that is so sexy, it hurts to watch. My breath is stolen at "Anywhere you go, let me go to!". I am struck speechless and breathless every time I hear him sing this. That's all I can say, even now. :thud:

"Christine, I love you....." before the monkey barrel at the end of Down Once More. My heart breaks and I sob every time I hear and watch that part. :tissues:

My next is "You will curse the day you did not do.....All that the Phantom asks of you!" On the rooftop. Gerry has a very dominant and strong voice when he chooses to use it that way. "SPARTANS!!!!" is a pure example of the strength of voice he has. Very commanding and stops my heart. This part in the movie, he brings that strength out "YOU WILL CURSE THE DAY YOU DID NOT DO!" It's extremely moving and the first glimpse of his going "mad" with witnessing what he perceives as Christine's betrayal.

Neat thread! Its nice to read what other Gals' favorite parts are to the soundtrack we all wear out! :lol:

Edited by GerrysJewel

Oh, I just thought of another! It's more of a line than just a word and he speaks it and it's so sexy, even though he is not saying anything sexy, it just gives me all those little "twinge" sensations. It is, "Come, we must return. Those two fools who run my theatre will be missing you!" :ohbaby::swoon::galdown::shower::fall::heat::poof::hubba::gerrygasm:

D

P.S. I've got to apologize! I woke up this morning and I've really got GALS bad! It's gonna be one of those days.

Oh, I just thought of another! It's more of a line than just a word and he speaks it and it's so sexy, even though he is not saying anything sexy, it just gives me all those little "twinge" sensations. It is, "Come, we must return. Those two fools who run my theatre will be missing you!"

D

P.S. I've got to apologize! I woke up this morning and I've really got GALS bad! It's gonna be one of those days.

I was going to put that one ... it's one of my all-time favorite movie lines. LOL

D

When don't we all have a bad case of GALS??? :spit::pant:

Oh, I've always got it, it just there are those days! There are the "good" days and then there are the "bad" days then there are the "badder" days, if you know what I mean and this is definately one of them! Maybe I'll get on a writing frenzy and find another outlet to release all this pent up.... "syndrome"! I do believe it's more of a "disease" myself but somehow GALD just doesn't seem the same somehow. I don't think that's even a word! But whatever it is, it's incurable and terminal and I don't even want a cure, therapy maybe, but never a cure!

D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe no one put the words "Only then can you belong to me." It gives me shivers everytime I hear those words and I want to shout, "I already do, Erik, I do." :phantom:

Not from a sexy quote, but when he says "Her voice is good" in Red Death, it sounds like "gud" the Scottish very obvious. :reddeath:

However, NOTHING can beat PONR. Anyone who doesn't respond to that scene is either dead or in another world. :phantom2::bouncydrool:

Spartandax

I can't believe no one put the words "Only then can you belong to me." It gives me shivers everytime I hear those words and I want to shout, "I already do, Erik, I do." :phantom:

Not from a sexy quote, but when he says "Her voice is good" in Red Death, it sounds like "gud" the Scottish very obvious. :reddeath:

However, NOTHING can beat PONR. Anyone who doesn't respond to that scene is either dead or in another world. :phantom2::bouncydrool:

Spartandax

I always thought he said, "Your chains are still mine! You belong to me!" And YES - I do love that as well!!!

I would have to go with the whole of PONR...........then "You will curse the day you did not do.........all that the phantom asked of you" :pant:

Oh and there are loads more but my head is so full of Gus from LSIGM that I just can't concentrate :wuv:

Snap x

• 5 weeks later...

:thud: Watch his lips!

I do ALL the time!!! :yummy:

Oh I know!! I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW! I'm more distracted by his mouth than anything else. And the mask accentuates them. :yummy:

same! his mouth is so hot.. i can't hlp myself but to think what its like to kiss him :unsure:

hm

i like (this will be a loongg list)

sing once again with me

you will curse the day you didn't do all that the phantom asked of you

all of past the point of no return.. i can't pick!

christine i loove youu

it's over now, the music of the night

touch me, trust me

gah.. so much more!

He has this thing when he speaks where he "pouts"! Puts me over the moon! Even when he says "their place is in an office, not the arts", he pouts on "awtz"! I'm wondering who ALW will consider as "sexy" for his new phantom? After Gerry will be a hard act to follow! And if and when he does the film version of the sequel, it's got to be Gerry again! Otherwise just forgetaboutit!

D