Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Abrock

Adding to Multimedia

Hi...so, I've added a few songs to the multi-media section, and I'm trying to do so again...but for some reason it's not allowing me to. And I'm definitely logged on. :confused:

Hey, Abrock!

And I can no longer open and play them...

Stef had made suggestions (this was last weekend), but nothing worked...

All my players are updated. I don't get it!

I think Stef has disabled the uploading until Jan 1. I thought we should still be able to play them though?

Gaaaa!

I just installed a bunch of new media player software, java stuff, etc (which I hate as a rule) just to try to get the multimedia to work...and they still won't open for me!!

Poooey!

Barb

Edit...ok...I added an extension for Firefox called ietab...I can open pages of my choosing in IE w/i Firefox; when I do that I can view the Multimedia vids, etc.

Ack, so sorry for the troubles Melissa! We have increased our bandwidth, so I've re-opened the Multimedia area for uploading. However, I am discontinuing the addition of music files (other than movie songs related to gerry/gerrysinging, etc.) starting in the beginning of January.

Barb! I'm so glad that you found something that worked for you. Perhaps we should document what you did in case other's have the same troubles. I'm still learning the inner workings of the multimedia area myself, so it'd be great info to know. ::D:

:kiss::leo: Stef

:rotflmao:

Stef! Inner workings? I'm a jumbo dumbo with computer and internet stuff, but I'm trying to learn!

I went to: Firefox Add-ons Most popular extensions browsed to see what sounded interesting and useful...

picked a few (!)... Flash Got, No Script and and IE Tab

hit download for each...two secs later each was in my download manager...

restarted the 'puter and ta da! They appeared...little icons on the bottom over the taskbar (options to move them to tool bar, and other placements)

With No Script, remember to allow Script on the page, either totally or for temporary browsing. If it's annoying it can always be removed, but I like it. It affects voting on Star Pages and 'printing' from articles here, for example.

They are working quite nicely. I can toggle between IE and Firefox, and the neat thing is the IE opens within Firefox! How cool is that?!

I was finally able to make Quiktime work universally...I followed the info here: http:/247.prenhall.com/articles/article.asp?p+333464

Hope some of this is useful...

it's not like I really know what I'm doing :;): but I'm happy to share! :kisswink:

Thanks for the cool stuff you do for us, Stef!! I've learned a few tricks from Beanie and Abrock, too!! :thankyou: gals!

Hugs!

Barbara who better be heading to bed, because it's after 3AM! :cunning: (as if....)

Okay then! No worries! Thanks Stef! Just making sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong...because after all, my brain IS fried from this last semester. :spontaneous: