Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
SouthernGirl28

What "Gerry Movie" comforts you?

Ok, girls I know we all have things we are facing and at times it can really get to you and you just want to burst into tears because it would make you feel better. Well, this past Saturday I had one of those said moments and two things brought me comfort!

1. I remembered a friend telling me "I would be gold"

2. Dear Frankie

DF brings such comfort during stressful times.

Thank you Gerry for making it so heartfelt :)

So, which Gerry movie brings you comfort??

Love you all,

April

Good question April!

For me, it depends on 'why' I need comfort.

If I'm sick, I like to watch Mrs. Brown; if I'm feeling particularly angst ridden One More Kiss; insomnia, Attila; need a good cry, Phantom.

It would have to be my favorite, Phantom of the Opera. My favorite "comfort" flick used to be Gone With The Wind, with that "other" Butler man!

D

For me it is Dear Frankie - from the first notes of the opening music the film gives me warm fuzzies and except for the scene with Davy in the hospital room where he loses his temper and screams at Lizzie, I find the whole movie beautiful and comforting.

If I'm facing a very advesarial situation it's gotta be 300.

If I need warm fuzzies it's Dear Frankie.

Vicarious adventure: LCTR and Timeline.

Particularly pizzed at DH, well of course, Shattered.

You get the idea. There's a Gerry for every mood.

For me it is Phantom and Timeline. Erik and Marek brought me through some verra dark hours during my hubby's illness and after his passing. They are my heros.

Suzie

I love how Gerry can bring comfort! I love that you all have various movies that fit your comfort level! To be honest with you until today I never really thought about it! I watched DF on Sunday because I was upset over my job situation(don't have one). I've kept watching it even today! The scene with the eyes is my favorite!

*swoon*

April

The Game of Their Lives because it is an underdog overcoming the odds helps me when I am depressed.

Love,

Tracy

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

There definitely is a Gerry for every mood and I love them all...BUT...if we are talking "comfort movie" it would have to be PS I Love You...hands down...this movie makes me smile even when I am sad and I just absolutely love him... :wuv:

For me it is Dear Frankie - from the first notes of the opening music the film gives me warm fuzzies and except for the scene with Davy in the hospital room where he loses his temper and screams at Lizzie, I find the whole movie beautiful and comforting.

We're sharing a brain and a heart on this one, SusieQ! Exactly my feelings; from the first notes of music and the crinkling of the newspaper wrapping items to be boxed, the tape, the marker writing "Frankie Morrison/Handle with Care!!!", seeing the name "Gerard Butler" come on the screen, hearing "Dear Da"...well it just all begins a pairfect warm comforting feeling.

I would have to say Dear Frankie. It's just so sweet how can you not find comfort in it. But I do have a soft spot for Attila even though it's not exactly a "comfort" type movie. It's what got me on this wild bumpy ride called the Butler so I will always have a soft spot for it.

Cassie

OK. I think you've sold me. My new "comfort movie" would be Dear Frankie. I loved the part when he brought Frankie the book and she asked him how he knew and he said he had read the letters! So touching! I could see a lot of the real Gerry in this character, that soft sensitive side of him.

D

How sad is this? I don't have one. But what a great question.

I think I'm more like Catwoman ... it depends on my mood. But if I do have to chose one, it's Timeline. Marek is just so heroic, strong, funny, intelligent, romantic and not to mention GORGEOUS.

300 is another one I'll put on "just cause". Sometimes when I get down, I usually need to see a lot of death and destruction so that helps. But I also love any natural disaster movie when I get that way, too. :lol:

When I want to be melancholy, Phantom all the way!

Lisa

For me it would be "Dear Frankie"I watch it almost everyday.The bonds that were forged.Marie was such a good friend.She helped in a dilemma.Keeping them both safe,Lizzie and Frankie.Playing match maker all the while.Frankie was a little boy filled with a faith and hope that was inspiring in spite of his deficiency.Being raised by two women,he needed The Stranger only another man could fill the void that was so desperately needed.Only a man can teach a young male how to be a man,period biological or not.It reall comforts me.Universally speaking we all have the desire to connect with other humans.we want to trust and be trusted...Tanya

This really is a tough question and I would agree that a lot depends on my mood. I usually watch at least part of one every day, but I might go through stretches where I'll put the same one on for days. If I'm on my computer, there's usually something on in the background.

You know, I might have to say PSILY, if I feel down, but I would probably just watch all the happy parts. That's basically any scene w/ Gerry. I think Gerry Kennedy could cheer up just about anyone.

B

This really is a tough question and I would agree that a lot depends on my mood. I usually watch at least part of one every day, but I might go through stretches where I'll put the same one on for days. If I'm on my computer, there's usually something on in the background.

You know, I might have to say PSILY, if I feel down, but I would probably just watch all the happy parts. That's basically any scene w/ Gerry. I think Gerry Kennedy could cheer up just about anyone.

B

Not me. I watch PSILY when I want to be depressed as hell. :lol: I love it, and it brings up so many emotions. But Gerry was fabulous in it.

B

Not me. I watch PSILY when I want to be depressed as hell. :lol: I love it, and it brings up so many emotions. But Gerry was fabulous in it.

Does it make you depressed, because he's so great? Sometimes I feel that way.

B

Does it make you depressed, because he's so great? Sometimes I feel that way.

Yeah. I fall in love with him (Gerry Kennedy/Gerard Butler) over and over again each time I watch it ... and it just breaks my heart sometimes.

Oy, TMI ...

Edited by phoenixgirl

I agree with those who have said, "Different movies for different moods." I so fell in love with Gerry

Kennedy, that I watch Gerry's scenes in it any time I need some cheering up, (and any other time

too.) When I need some "calming down" and that is often, I play POTO & MOTN which I have on

my DVR and can access it with the push of a button. I also play MOTN cd when I am driving in traffic

and feel stressed. It works like a tranquilizer for me. I have conditioned myself to relax when I

hear his first few words. It becomes my lullabye at night, and when I hit the pillow, I am blissfully

out!!

Judy

My very first movie of Gerry's was PSILY. I have watched this movie so many times as I just love Gerry Kennedy. So many different emotions comes out with this movie!!! I find it good for the heart & the soul.

If I feel like singing then it is POTO.

Sally

POTO and Dear Frankie for me. POTO makes me sad but it also touches my heart so deeply that I am comforted. Dear Frankie just makes me feel good about life and I love his understated performance as The Stranger. Actually, just seeing a pic where Gerry appears healthy and happy can have a comforting affect on me, but of course most of my comforting moments come in the arms of my hubby.

Swannie

I've been watching the scene where Lizzie tells him the truth about Frankie's deafness for days! The heartbreak reaction along with the sincere look in his eyes as he hangs on evry word she says as she starts to walk again I love it!

**swoon**

April

Nim's Island is another movie I pop in when I need a pick-me-up. I just smile the entire time Gerry is on the screen, in both roles.

I am home with a cold today and I have already watched PSILY and Nim. I might veer away from GB for a few hours and watch some Star Wars, or Transformers or Jurassic Park III. I always have a movie day with a bad cold since I don't have the energy to read...BUT 300 sure sounds tempting. YUP, 300 it is.

:bow2: