Gerard Butler GALS

Help- What do I wear this year???

I think for Friday Im just doing a regular old cocktail dress but for Saturday I havent even decided. Im still looking but I think everyone and their mother will be in greens, seafoams, blues, teals.

Well, the theme is "We're all Connected", so I'm thinking "Dear Frankie"ish. Sort of thinking along the lines of an ocean theme. My dress is aqua and I know others who are wearing shades of blue, aqua, green - anything that reminds you of the sea. What does anyone else think? My dress is long, but some are wearing short dresses. I'm wearing a short cocktail dress for Friday.

If I am way off base as far as the theme, I'm still wearing aqua 'cos that's what I purchased.

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

hi this is gemstone. HELP.WHAT DO i WERE FOR sATURDAY. pLEASE HELP. i HAVE A GREEN eveing dress will that do? Please give me some idea. Because it willtake me a wild to get it. So please help me. Thank you.

((flying tackle hugs)) HEY, PAM!! JUST GLAD TO HEAR YOU'LL BE THERE!

Naoma, LOVVVVEEEE the dress and it looks great on you!

As most have stated, the "Dear Frankie" sea greens and blues is the "theme" for Saturday night. Some like to go all out and dress "formal." Others just wear something they'd wear to work or church. We've already seen that Naoma's dress isn't "green or blue," but it's a perfect dress for the evening!

Don't let the "dress theme" freak you out. As most will tell you -- it runs the gamut! Wear what makes you feel good!

As most have stated, the "Dear Frankie" sea greens and blues is the "theme" for Saturday night. Some like to go all out and dress "formal." Others just wear something they'd wear to work or church. We've already seen that Naoma's dress isn't "green or blue," but it's a perfect dress for the evening!

Don't let the "dress theme" freak you out. As most will tell you -- it runs the gamut! Wear what makes you feel good!

That is the best advice right there, y'all.

PAMMIE!!! My roomie (I hope hope hope again) - I've been wondering if you'd be coming to Vegas this year.

My dress, if I end up wearing it (I'm known to change my mind last minute) is below-the-knee, silk and dressy but not really fancy (no sparkles or that sort of thing) in an aqua and green pattern. If I don't wear that on Saturday night I might wear it on Friday night. But shoes are another issue for me!

this is a question I'm still pondering. WHAT TO WEAR?!?!?

I haven't a clue but I may have to hunker down and make a choice. Being a FLUFFY girl I don't have many options but I still want to find a great dress at (given tight money times) a great deal. Onward to search the Internet. LOL

PS -- i did have a dream that I got to Vegas and ---- GASP -- had NO dress for Saturday. My subconscious telling be to get my BUM in gear -- I think SOOO !!! LOL

See ya on the strip

HUGS

Binkie

Binkster Babe....I havn't gotten my dress yet. Not sure what I really want . I guess I better get my butt looking too....lol Vegas is just around the corner and I can't wait.

Hugs, Linda

Just a quick note to anyone who is cold natured like ME! Bring a wrap! Thankfully, I brought a cover-up for my dress last year, but still had to use my napkin as a lap rug because it felt like a meat locker in the ballroom--till the pictures of Gerry started popping up and the dancing started!! WooHoo!

Suzie

PS: Even though it may be over 100* outside in Vegas in the summer, it is very cool (OK, to me it was COLD) inside the hotels. I had to go buy a sweatshirt to keep from shivering during the workshops! That may be just me, but if cold bothers you, be prepared.

Edited by Texas gramma

Being a very hot-blooded woman, and extremely hot natured, I was comfortable in the ballroom. So, I assume it must have been very cool in there!

I've ordered a couple of outfits (dressy chiffon pantsuits). If I look decent in either of them, I'm thinking I may wear one of them, instead of a dress.

SOME people have been known to wear a con shirt, shorts, and a yellow GB towel as a cape! :spit:

Okay, okay...maybe not on Saturday night, but whatever floats your ginormous (DF reference) boat! As long as yer private parts are covered, you'll be fine!

:wave: Hey Pammers, Cheryl, Poppy, Annemarie, and Susan!! :wave:

Naoma, your outfits are beautiful!

Suzie, you're just a wee thing and don't have enough skin to keep yourself warm. Wish I could be a "donor". :spit:

Libbs, you hot-blooded woman you!!

For Saturday night, I recently purchased some material that immediately made me think of Frankie's world in DF (yes, the aqua seafoam tones) but it's also shimmery. Now I have to find the right pattern. I have a lady lined up whose going to make it for me.

Can't wait for :vegasbaby:

Hi Katie,

I'm sure you will look lovely....the decription of that fabric....sounds perfect! Looking forward to seeing you one again in Vegas.

Hugs, Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have a theme for Saturday's Ball yet?

I keep thinking under the sea with all the seahorse references! ~LOL~

~Bella

Hi GALS,

Can someone tell me what the dress code is for Friday night? Saturday night is formal, right?

Many thanks from a Vegas Virgin. :kisswink:

Raz

Depending on what funds are available for decor my understanding is the Friday color scheme will be more like Shona's for Dear Frankie (think of the inside of Marie's chip shop). Saturday night more under-the-sea, like looking through the aquarium - blue, aqua, turqouise, green, teal, maybe even some purples.

Dress code - there isn't really one for Friday night, you will see everything from cocktail attire to shorts and t-shirts. It's definitely more casual than Saturday night.