Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
SouthernGirl28

Movie Recommendation thread

Hey gals,

I know I've started this before but I can't find it to bump it up. If the old one is still up Mods feel free to close this one :) I think this thread could help the newbies out too.

Ok so far my GB library contains the following:

POTO: single disc and se discs

300: single disc and 2 disc se

Attila

Dear Frankie

Nim's

Shattered

PSILY

B&G

Mrs. Brown

LCTR

Timeline

Dracula

RocknRolla

I definitely want The Jury but what else would you recommend? One More Kiss? Miracle Match? Lucy Sullivan?

What's the one movie you couldn't live without?

April :)

I have them all, including Shooters, Fast Food and a very bad copy of Little White Lies and until recently I would have had a tough time saying which one I couldn't live without, but now it's RocknRolla. No question.

I would definitely go w/ The Jury next, it ranks much higher than some of the ones you already have. From the other 3 you've listed........I know I'd put One More Kiss last, I liked it okay, but some people can't stand it. I think that's really driven by the topic, though. Between Miracle Match and Lucy, well, I like both. When I watch Miracle Match I really don't even think that's Gerry, I think that's Frank, his character. His eyes show up well in this movie. I do love Lucy, although he's probably just in one scene in each episode. The character of Gus is important. What a bad boy! He talks his way out of all kinds of trouble. I'm probably more attached to Gus.

Ren

For me it is easier to list what I don't have.

Lucy Sullivan

Harrison's Flowers

The Young Person's Guide to Being a Rockstar

Little White Lies

For me I am trying to aquire all of Gerry's movies, because I am what you would call "a completeist" (some one who has to have all of something).

But for me, there are two movies I could not live without; Phantom, and Attila.

Ive got just about all except the full

Little White Lies

Guide To Becoming a Rockstar

Harrisons Flowers {even though Ive seen it several times recently and years ago}

I dont think I could live without any of them now :)

April, my recommendation is for you to get Game of Their Lives/Miracle Match next. It's a feel-good movie, and Gerry is wonderful. You get to see him be all sporty, sweaty, rainy, etc. :D

Plus, it's easier to find. :lol:

Oh yeah.....I love the rain and the mud!! He stalks across the goal. I love that part!

Edited by Rendita

My approach to building my GB library was simple. I used Netflix. If I liked the movie and knew I wanted to see it again and again, then I purchased the DVD. The only movie that I winged it with was The Jury. But, I was confident based on the feedback from this web site and others the DVD would be well worth owning. And Gerry is marvelous!

And yeah, in late 2008 I did not have a Gerard Butler library and now I do!

My approach to building my GB library was simple. I used Netflix. If I liked the movie and knew I wanted to see it again and again, then I purchased the DVD. The only movie that I winged it with was The Jury. But, I was confident based on the feedback from this web site and others the DVD would be well worth owning. And Gerry is marvelous!

That's what I did at first, too. Eventually, I had to have them all, even though there are some I'll never watch again.

April, my recommendation is for you to get Game of Their Lives/Miracle Match next. It's a feel-good movie, and Gerry is wonderful. You get to see him be all sporty, sweaty, rainy, etc. :D

Plus, it's easier to find. :lol:

Oh yeah.....I love the rain and the mud!! He stalks across the goal. I love that part!

I agree with Lisa and Ren. I fell in love with this movie. Gerry was so athletic, dirty, wet, (loved that part), commanding, a leader. You'll love it April!! Check this out....

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb76/Vo...iracleMatch.gif

~HUGS~ Kathy :wave:

Ya know Rubee815 me too I saw PSILY in DEC 2008 I now own 8 of his movies, waiting for Fast Food and The Jury to arrive.I intend 2 acquire 1-2 per week til I have everything going forward.Like Knight Phantom i'm a completeist too

My favorite movie is the Jury POTO Attila and DF. I have the rest but these I watch over and over and over. especially the Jury. I don't care that much for RNR but I had it and gave it to a GAL who wanted it. I am not watching the oscars tonight Gerry won't be there and what is the sense. I think that wrestling thing will get all the nominations or Benjamin buttons which was a great movie. Raina Snow