Gerard Butler GALS

2/22 - Gerard Butler Slumdog fan

becozy

from: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/moviea...rty_N.htm\

Elton John's Oscar party celebrates winners, charity

excerpt:

No one was a bigger winner, though, than the cast and crew behind Slumdog. Count among the film's fans 300 star Gerard Butler, who was attending his third John party.

"Slumdog was such an uplifting movie, it's hard not to love it," Butler says. "I haven't pulled so hard for a movie to do well since 300, and that wasn't nominated for anything."

You have to love him! I loved that movie, it really was fantastic, it was between that and Milk, both of them were excellent and Milk had the added bonus of a another stellar performance from Sean Penn, either one I wouldn't have had a problem with winning at all.

With its win as best picture I expect Slumdog will get a wider release for the next few weeks. It was #5 in the box office for this weekend and that was before it won. I loved the movie and was rooting for it. We did our own ballots at our Oscar party yesterday and I won - I got 18 of them right including all the major awards. If only I'd actually bet on them in Vegas I'd probably be pretty flush this morning!

300 should've been nominated and should've won, that is a major disappointment for me as a fan.

He's a cutie though rooting for SDM to win, glad they did so well.

Edited by hotlips70

With its win as best picture I expect Slumdog will get a wider release for the next few weeks. It was #5 in the box office for this weekend and that was before it won. I loved the movie and was rooting for it. We did our own ballots at our Oscar party yesterday and I won - I got 18 of them right including all the major awards. If only I'd actually bet on them in Vegas I'd probably be pretty flush this morning!

I got 18 right too at an office contest! By the way Slumdog Millionaire comes out on DVD 3/31.

I really want to see this,movie everyone has given it rave reviews.The Oscars was truly an International affair,I enjoyed every minute of it.300 should have definitely won some of the technical awards.That movie was larger than life and visually stunning I'm surprised about that.

In my mind, while I wish "300" had gotten some Oscar recognition, I still think the biggest crime is that POTO got no nods for the costumes. The sets and the costumes for that film were magnificent, I can't imagine any topping them - and they not only didn't win but the costume designer did not even get a nomination. At least it got a nomination for Art Direction and Cinematography but lost out in both categories to The Aviator (which won for costumes as well). Oddly enough the costume designer DID get a nomination that year - but for Finding Neverland, not for POTO.

You're right, POTO should have gotten an award for the customs. I loved Emmy's white dress when the Phantom took her to his lair, her pink dress, and her Don Juan dress. I loved all of Gerry's customs. POTO should have won more awards, including Best Picture and Best Actor (Gerard Butler). While we're at it, I think Patrick Wilson should have gotten an award as Best Supporting Actor. POTO was robbed.

People who give oscars had to be blind not to recognize Gerry's last speech in 300 as best actor. There could not have been a more poingant moment in screen that year. I don't know where these people's minds and eyes and hearts are.

And POTO goes without saying. There has never been a better movie or a better portrayal by an actor that Gerry of Phantom.

Gerry as the Phantom, the Stranger and King Leo are three of the best acting jobs ever in movies. He also should have won some TV award for The Jury. Could anyone else have brought Johnnie Donne to life?

Phantom, while not my favorite movie as a whole, surely should have won for set design and costumes (not counting GB's performance, I won't even go there, it makes me so mad at Oscar.) I think the whole atmosphere and look of Phantom was wonderful. But I do think some parts of Phantom without GB got a little boring, and I think that's what ultimately brought it down with the awards.

People who give oscars had to be blind not to recognize Gerry's last speech in 300 as best actor. There could not have been a more poingant moment in screen that year. I don't know where these people's minds and eyes and hearts are.

And POTO goes without saying. There has never been a better movie or a better portrayal by an actor that Gerry of Phantom.

Those peoples' minds are with a very singular and political agenda. 300 didn't stand a chance in Hollywood, no matter how great it was and who played Leonidas. It simply was seen by the Hollywood elite as politically "incorrect", or at least that's the way it was interpreted. JMHO, 'natch.

Edited by Xan

In my mind, while I wish "300" had gotten some Oscar recognition, I still think the biggest crime is that POTO got no nods for the costumes. The sets and the costumes for that film were magnificent, I can't imagine any topping them - and they not only didn't win but the costume designer did not even get a nomination. At least it got a nomination for Art Direction and Cinematography but lost out in both categories to The Aviator (which won for costumes as well). Oddly enough the costume designer DID get a nomination that year - but for Finding Neverland, not for POTO.

I will never understand why POTO did not get the award for costumes, and receive more nominations.

Gerry deserved at least a nomination for POTO and 300. In truth, the phantom and Leonidas do not have a lot of dialogue or screen time, but were, nevertheless, powerful performances.

:phantom::leo2: