Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Andrea, I pray things will get better for you soon, and that you find the perfect job too.

:hug:

Thanks. I am trying to be proactive and keep looking and trying.And trying not to sound too depressing,I'm just so stuffed up right now,trying to think of something interesting to write it kind of a challenge.

Oh,Texas Gramma,I hope you have fun in Scotland. My younger sister(saying younger because she'll get aggravated if I call her "little sister") we are planning a trip to Scotland next year or the year after.We are just in the saving up stage right now and wishful thinking :)

Edited by Andrea~mc

Morning Gals :wave:

Hope everyone is well. I got up this morning and little Sophia is standing up in her crib. She is all over the place :swoon:. It's all over now! TTYL!

Hello galfriends

Thanks for the kudos from everyone on my youngest son's pics from his trip to England, Paris and Scotland! You GALS who have been to Scotland or are planning a trip (Texas Gramma) are so fortunate! The only way I will get to go is vicariously though son and his wife and you GALS who so generously share the details with us! I am waiting for him to come on Sunday for a visit with Mom and Dad and telling us ALL about the trip. Can't wait to hear my son tell of his adventures--he can be so funny.

And my oldest son and wife are coming too with my 19-month-old granddaughter and Grandma needs lots of huggies from precious. She is walking (make that running) all over the place now and getting big my son says. Can't wait to see them Sunday too.

Andrea~mac: :wave: Hope you are feeling better soon from the stuffy head and best wishes and prayers for you to find a good job soon. I am smiling right now because my little sister's name is Andrea Mc and she too hates for me to call her my "little sister" so I always had to refer to her as my younger sister. :lol:

Lady Elissa, I know you will love having your daughter back home even under the circumstances. She sounds like a really intelligent girl and best wishes and prayers for her too to have luck on a job soon.

Blue Jean, how are ya? Snow? and here I am thinking of warm days of Spring soon I hope. It's still pretty cold here right now. I hope no more snow in forecast.

Frannie, hope you get the computer probs worked out soon and are back to maniping (and I hope siggy making) to your heart's content! :drool1: We miss and luv ya! :wuv:

Slainte,

Diane

Thanks BJ & Andrea!

I hope to get to know you both better.

:metoyou:

Edited by Sapphyre

Hey - earlier I posted that we are having snow here in CO and that is is putting a cramp on my plans for the day - well.......we are having a full blown blizzard in Colorado and it will cramp my plans for several days! Had to come sometime, I guess - but why when my neighbor with the snow blower is gone? Shoot!

Andrea - good luck in finding a better job and quickly!

Hey - earlier I posted that we are having snow here in CO and that is is putting a cramp on my plans for the day - well.......we are having a full blown blizzard in Colorado and it will cramp my plans for several days! Had to come sometime, I guess - but why when my neighbor with the snow blower is gone? Shoot!

Andrea - good luck in finding a better job and quickly!

Thanks....and to think,your snow storm is going to be creating some of my thunderstorms tomorrow.(we are in a slight risk) Personally I love snow,but you are probably fed up with it by now.

Andrea~mac: wave.gif Hope you are feeling better soon from the stuffy head and best wishes and prayers for you to find a good job soon. I am smiling right now because my little sister's name is Andrea Mc and she too hates for me to call her my "little sister" so I always had to refer to her as my younger sister. lol.gif

Well isn't that a cool coinckidink , my younger sister happens to be on this board too,so I am trying my hardest not to embarrass her. ;)

And all of you who have toddlers or grandkids who have started running....and standing...the fun has begun :) I have 2 under the age of 3,both boys. It's fun. In a "OMG put that down...get down from there!....don't touch that...get off your brother!....what did you eat?" kind of way. :cheeky: Not to mention that my youngest thinks he's King Leo :leo2: and goes around roaring all the time and he shows everybody his muscles(he's 1 and a half btw). And as to my knowledge he's never seen the movie,too much blood and guts right now. SO yeah...it's fun. :partytime:

Oh Andrea you have yourself a handful! One of my dear local GAL friends has 2 boys also, but they are now 8 and 6 (I think). The younger boy is a huge Gerry fan, he used to sing selections from POTO. He was never allowed to see "300" but he knew the phrase "Prepare for glory!" from it and at 4 he would run around yelling that to all the "girls" (his mom's friends who are Gerry fans). We always thought it was so cute. I think at Comic Con that year the boys got the cardboard Spartan shields that were offered as a promo for the DVD release and for awhile they were very treasured!

Blue Jean - I just got an email from our Denver office saying they are shutting down early due to the severe weather. I wonder if our Fed Ex package to them tonight will be able to be delivered tomorrow. When I lived in snow country I always hated late season storms. I recall a big one St. Patrick's Day when I was in high school and I was so mad because spring was supposed to be upon us! But I've actually experienced 2 snow storms in the low mountains of Southern California in April so I know this really isn't that late for a big storm. I hope it warms up soon and all melts away in a couple of days.

Just stopped by to check in, sending out hugs to everyone!

Oh Andrea you have yourself a handful! One of my dear local GAL friends has 2 boys also, but they are now 8 and 6 (I think). The younger boy is a huge Gerry fan, he used to sing selections from POTO. He was never allowed to see "300" but he knew the phrase "Prepare for glory!" from it and at 4 he would run around yelling that to all the "girls" (his mom's friends who are Gerry fans). We always thought it was so cute. I think at Comic Con that year the boys got the cardboard Spartan shields that were offered as a promo for the DVD release and for awhile they were very treasured!

My sister attempted to buy the boys toy swords the other day and I was like "don't you dare,do you know what they will do to eachother with those things???!" they already play sword fight with various household objects.I have survey the rooms everyday for anything that could turn into a possible weapon for a 2-3 yr old. They love yard sticks and hangers and sticks etc... I want boys to be boys but I am trying to atleast keep them from inflicting any sort of major bodily harm on each other and try to save my mom's breakables.

Have not been on again for a couple of days trying to stay away from the computer like the dr. said. we had such bad weather in miss. last night Magee a little town north of me 45 mins. 60 homes are gone and 20 hurt. 2 dead. it was awful we had bad lightning but it didn't last long here Praise the Lord for that. Let me tell you what my sweet husband did tonight he does this every now and then. We ate at Macks fish camp tonight and we ordered and he got up and was talking to the lady at the cash register and I didn't know why but found out why. We were eating and a black soldier who was eating in the corner came over and said to Gerald let me shake your hand and say thanks for the dinner. Gerald said no thank you for keeping us safe and God bless you you are all in our prayers. He does that every now and then I never know when. He is sweet sometimes.

WEll, I had a massage today so tomorrow I will be sore, I hope to sleep in tomorrow as I have been up every day at 6 or 7 am.

its is supposed to rain for the next 3 days too.

Oh well we need it but my 1/2 of back yard that has not been done since Katrina is all big weeds from the rain and I don't know if my yard boy Jay is going to be able to cut it . I think he will but he may have to pull weeds first. the big ones anyway. it has to stop raining and then dry out. no time soon.

Well ya'll have a good night lu muchly Raina Snow

Hi Raina Snow :wave: Sorry you have to stay away from the computer more (doctor's orders?) but hope it does help with the pain you have. Sad about the nearby homes and lost lives. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tell your hubby that was a lovely thing he did to honor that soldier.

Take care

Diane

Kathy, thank you for the tip on "Scotland (revised) (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE)", by Dorling Kindersley.

I just ordered it from Amazon (through the GALS boutique, of course). We'll be in Scotland from the 17th to the 24th of August - can't wait!!

Suzie

Wonderful Suzie!! You're going to Scotland!! Well, you'll love having this book along. Read it before you go so you learn everything about Scotland before you leave. Then you won't miss anything of interest while you are there. Have fun!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy :wave:

Have not been on again for a couple of days trying to stay away from the computer like the dr. said. we had such bad weather in miss. last night Magee a little town north of me 45 mins. 60 homes are gone and 20 hurt. 2 dead. it was awful we had bad lightning but it didn't last long here Praise the Lord for that. Let me tell you what my sweet husband did tonight he does this every now and then. We ate at Macks fish camp tonight and we ordered and he got up and was talking to the lady at the cash register and I didn't know why but found out why. We were eating and a black soldier who was eating in the corner came over and said to Gerald let me shake your hand and say thanks for the dinner. Gerald said no thank you for keeping us safe and God bless you you are all in our prayers. He does that every now and then I never know when. He is sweet sometimes.

WEll, I had a massage today so tomorrow I will be sore, I hope to sleep in tomorrow as I have been up every day at 6 or 7 am.

its is supposed to rain for the next 3 days too.

Oh well we need it but my 1/2 of back yard that has not been done since Katrina is all big weeds from the rain and I don't know if my yard boy Jay is going to be able to cut it . I think he will but he may have to pull weeds first. the big ones anyway. it has to stop raining and then dry out. no time soon.

Well ya'll have a good night lu muchly Raina Snow

Raina, you have a very special husband there. God Bless him!! More people should do that for our soldiers.

Mississippi has had it hard and I feel for you people what with Katrina and tornados. My son lives in Oklahoma and they have already this year had tornado warnings in their area. Very scary!

I hope your physical problems get better.

~HUGS~ Kathy :wave:

Hello and love to everyone! Hope you are all keeping well, planning trips to amazing places, and waiting for the Spring to fully bloom again. Take care of yourselves....

And Jobella! You are so right! It is all over now! Plan on being in hot pursuit until she's about what, 18??????

Love to all!

Jill

:grrr:

Betts, what Gerald did for that soldier was special. We can't do that in San Antonio because there are SO MANY members of the military here. We are considered Military City USA with 3 Air Force Bases, two Army Posts, and two HUGE Military Medical Centers. I have always been proud of being a military brat and bride, and it makes me really happy when others recognize the sacrifices of these wonderful men and women.

Sending major hugs to everyone. Have happy Gerry dreams!!

Suzie

Hi gang :wave:

Just catching up on the last few pages.

Kathy thanks for the book info. I will have to pick that one up.

Raina take care of yourself. Massage is a good thing. As I [posted a while back, I'm just getting liscened as an LMT.

Massage is so beneficial to your health, not to say that it just feels good to.

Hugs to all,

Cheryl

Good morning, Gals -

I just came in to say - don't shovel the snow! I can just about move today. My back is really mad at moi!

Really, I came in to say thanks to Sue and Shamrock for my beautiful new siggy! You Gals are really neat.

Cheers!

BlueJean

Thanks everyone for the good words to my husband I will pass them on he is a good guy I think I will keep him instead of getting push buttons :cheeky: we are supposed to have more rain tonight. Boy the things happening all around this world. Bonnie watch yourself shoveling, its a very hard thing on the heart. unless you are use to it.

Suzie can I go in your suitcase to scotland? I want to go so bad maybe it will be in my future soon. I hope.

Well I am having company spend the night with me all weekend so I am cleaning like mad . my neighbor whos house Gerald painted is coming to look at it and go inside to see if other things have to be done for her renter. Yes a lot has to be done too. I am in hopes she lets Gerald paint the inside the kitchen especially needs it bad.

I hope ya'll have a good weekend. I was on chat last night Bonnie no one showed up in 15 mins so I left. :tantrum: love ya'll Raina Snow

just wishing everyone a safe weekend :)

Im stuck indoors tonight sick as hell uuuuhhhh! damn fever too :(

hugs and kisses xoxo

Bonnie, you are so welcome...and yes, do take care of yourself...I know I was born on the east coast...but shoveling snow is a pretty foreign concept to this gal (thank you Lord). I love my snow ... but I love it on the mountain tops that surround me...NOT in my driveway where it has to be shoveled.

Betts, that story about Gerald....give him a hug for me :wuv:

Everyone have a beautiful weekend.

love and hugs,

Sue

:wave: everyone! My daughter is here visiting this weekend :yay: It's a quick-trip to see the tax accountant, but it's great to have her here. When we originally planned this trip for her she was still employed full time and we thought she would be going to work on Monday. She's still going back on Sunday as planned. I've made all of the arrangements necessary for her move back home, now the work of packing up her things begins, so she's going back to get started. She also needs to give 30 days notice at her apartment building. Her dad and I are flying to Los Angeles to help her move at the end of April.

Betts-That's a great thing that your husband did. :claphands:

Suzie-You're going to be in Scotland on my birthday. Be sure to raise a pint for me! :p

Hugs to all, have a great weekend! :D

Elissa, I knew we'd be gone for your birthday and I feel awful about it. We will party when I get back, though!

Suzie

Posted Image

:wuv: Hello Everyone, old and new,

Betty Ann, your have a wonderful husband sweetie, :wuv: to Sue and Dan'l.

My how the times flies when you're having fun....not!

To say we have been busy here would be a gross understatement but hopefully things are going to improve.

The children are moving to a new Prep school, St Margarets.....which is in walking distance from my home.....that will cut out the travelling time we have to do on the school runs daily. And the uniform has a tartan theme to it and in the senior school the girls wear kilts.

http://www.stmargaretsprep.org.uk/the_school.html

They have mixed feelings about the move, but we are certain they will settle in well as they are both very outgoing and confident.

I do miss my 'Gerry time', so I shall endeavour in future to catch this thread at least once a week.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to those in need, I do pray that the economic situation will soon ease, so many both here and across the pond are having problems.

Suzie and Libby, don't worry, when you visit here the children will be on school holiday, they are so looking forward to your visit so be warned they tend to get very excitable and talk your heads off. I have told you Elissa that you are most welcome to visit when you can arrange it, and that goes for anyone else interested in seeing this beautiful and interesting part of my country.

Franny :wave: I will have to request a new siggy from you, I need one for the revival of St Georges Day, 23rd April, here in the UK.

I do hope some of my Galfriends will join in too, St George is the patron Saint for England and for too long we have been prevented from celebrating the day but the new Lord Mayor of London is instilling a new patriotic pride in being English. So we are all off to kill dragons, sorry Gerry, it's all in jest.

After all we did 'send' the Pilgrims to you! :yay:

And now for some the 'good stuff',

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Roll on the Summer!

hugs,

Anna X

I see you Nancy! x x x And who has stolen my siggy!!

Edited by Anna

:funnyup: Hi Anna!! :wave:

I was just on for a split second but now I'm back.

Hey,...my Gals trading card is gone too!! After 3 and a half years, it's just gone? :tantrum:

Anna, thanks for sharing the photos of Gerry on the beach!! He looks GOOD to me!! :wuv:

Isn't it funny that he's like looking right at the camera, and smiling (in most of the pix).

Anna...sometimes I see St Georges' day listed on my calendar...my sister and I usually know when it is, and I always tell her I am going to make a cake shaped like a Dragon!! That is one of my favorite stories, with illustrations by Michael Hague. :wuv: (I'm giving him a pink Gerry heart smilie because I got to meet him at a childrens bookstore here where I live, about 15 years ago and I so admire his artwork. He drew in and signed two books for me and St George and the Dragon was one of them. Beauty & the Beast was the other. I haven't seen anything by him for awhile.)

Anna, It's nice you will have a shorter commute with the kids to their new school. I hope they fit right in.

My older sis is here visiting from Nevada, and I will get to see her tomorrow and spend the weekend, and Monday with her, so I must get to bed...I've stayed up way too late, and I've already been so tired all week.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Goodnite!!

Nancy

Hi Gals - Happy Sunday. Beautiful day expected here in Colorado today. It's been warm and sunny every day since the blizzard. Sure melted the snow in a hurry.

I had a most pleasant surprise when I logged in to Gals this am. Shamrocked had acquired another siggy for moi! This time from Izzabeta. I love it. I'll use it later. Thanks, Shamrocked for your help and thanks, Izzabeta, for your generosity and talent! Whee - I love it.

Was just reading all the posts about Dressed to Kilt - would love to go. Would love to see Gerry up close and personal in his kilt. The video clip of him walking down the runway in his kilt - when the camera goes down on his legs - zap! I'm done.

Cheers!

OMG we were down! I had a total Twitter panic attack

Post, post ,post!!

Hi lovely ladies, hope you are having a gerrylicious day

:hugs: