Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

I do Suzie....I just sent you an email as well...love you!

hugs,

Sue

Oh Sue Hon, I'm so saddened to hear this. I guess we just always want to hear nothing but good news! But this has kinda knocked me for a loop as I didn't know Dan'ls last scan was not good! Wish there was something I could say or do to help you guys ease the pain ...all I can do is just what i have been, Keeping you both in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers! I've been too busy with my RL situation and haven't been here (the SC) as much as I used to and seems like there are a lot of my sisters having some sort of difficulty in their lives lately. Dear Lord...things have JUST got to start turning around ...PLEASE! If there is anything I can do cyber wise Sweetie...just let me know!

:hearts: Frannie

Sue, I'm doubling up on prayers and positive thoughts for Dan'l and for you. I'm so sorry the most recent results were not good.

Cassie - that is very frightening. When I was about 5 we were staying at a campground where we spent most of our summers on Lake George, NY. I had gone to the restroom by myself which was down the street from our campsite and some strange man came out to the road trying to entice me to go into his campsite for some candy. All I remembered was my mom telling me never to take candy from strangers so I told him no and went on my way. I don't think I ever told my parents about it (I should have) and I don't know if any other children were approached. But nearly 50 years later I remember it quite vividly. As for your little guy going outside without you knowing it - my dad was just moved into a board and care home last week and I noticed that they have the front door alarmed so a buzzer goes off any time the door is opened unless one of the caregivers disables the alarm. I'm sure it is to protect any of the older folks with dementia from wandering off, but such a thing would work for making sure you child can't get out without your knowledge either.

As you can imagine with dad moving to board and care life has been rather crazy here. My mom will need to be moved to a facility for Alzheimers patients very soon so we'll start the process all over again. My brother-in-law's job is gone at the end of April - he's worked there for over 30 years and now they don't need him - so my sister is quitting her job so they can move to the house they built for their retirement. They are trying to sell their beautiful home in Houston now so they don't have to carry 2 mortgages. I'm not sure what they'll be doing for jobs - they aren't actually old enough for retirement as he is 53 and she is 51. I hope they find something they like near their new home.

My birth-half-brother, his wife and my birth mother are flying in for a visit at the beginning of April and I don't even know if I'll have much time to spend with them. My priority is to the parents who raised me, not the family I didn't know about until 2-1/2 years ago.

But, despite a lot of stress I'm not going to complain - I have a job, I have a home, and I have friends and family who love me and whom I love in return so I really couldn't ask for much more without being a real greedy-guss.

Gotta run and do some of that job I'm glad to have! Hugs to all!!

Posted Image Sue I will definately keep you and Dan'l in my prayers. I'm so sorry about the latest CAT scan. We've been hit with cancer in my family so I know how hard this is. I'll be sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Cheryl

I'm so sorry Sue to hear about Daniel's Cat scan. I wish I had heard about this earlier. I'm going through this same thing with my cousin's husband. After chemo his scan was not good so now they are doing radiation. I've lost my two best friends, my father and sister to cancer. I hate this disease but I will not stop praying for my loved ones. It's our only hope. Sometimes we win. So I will add Daniel to my prayers as well. God bless and NEVER give up hope. Hope heals!!

~HUGS~ Kathy :kiss:

Sue: :bow2: I don't know how you do it. Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way and I hope that Dan feels better soon and his results get better.

Luv, Mousie :wuv:

Oh my dear friend Sue!

You and Dan'l have been in my thoughts here this past few days (with the St. Paddy's Day angle and expecting a corned beef and cabbage explosion from your end)....and you've never moved out of my mind. Now I know why.

Many prayers and much love. :hug1:

Jill

And hugs and love to all the GALpals.

J

:hearts:

:chnuzzle: On this first day of Spring?

Happy Spring and Friday Everyone!

Hugs,

Cheryl

Interview was okay but different.

It was a group of about 11 or 12 women, small chiropratic office that also does physical therapy run by a husband and wife. So it doesn't seem like there would be health benefits. They said they moved from Atlanta and she's originally from Nashville so their new place got started in Sept. She talked to us all, asked us if we wanted to know the three questions and one woman said yes, then we all sat and waited our turn for one on one. Some ppl took longer than others. I was in and out.

1. What was something I said that touched your heart? Something like "You said you like to joke with the patients & co-workers and it makes it a fun place. It's not so corporate but more family oriented and how much you care for the patients & want to see them get better so for example they aren't spending 3 days out of the week coming in and can finally carry on with their lives" (something like that)

2. What is something you thought was impossible but you could do and how did it make you feel? (ok there are lots of things) So I said something like "well I enjoy this local band a lot and they wanted me to be one of their dancers and I told them I just couldn't do it. I would take pictures and every once in awhile jump on stage and then off. By November I was up on stage for the whole show in front of over 400 people and I had so much more self-confidence"

3. "What would you bring to this company if hired?" Something like: Well I like to joke around too and I feel that happiness and laughter are the best medicine

"Any questions for us? "no"

asked for my phone number and gave it and the end.

I kept good eye contact and firm hand shake and smiled

Quick drive by :)

Oh Sue - you and Dan are in my prayers.

Sounds good Anne.

((HUGGIES)) to all of you lovely ladies.

April

Good morning, Gals

I was away "eating" all day long yesterday - and will start again at noon today. Some diet I'm on - people keep saying "let's go eat" and I keep saying "hokay". Maybe next week.

I do hope those of you who are burdened with pain and concern about loved ones will have that pain and concern eased. My heart goes out to all of you. Most sincerely.

Texas Gramma - I love your siggy. It is pure Gerry. Just reading the posts in GALS gives a Gal her Gerry fix for the day!

I wish you all a wonderful, relaxed weekend.

Cheers!

Sue and Dan, you are both constantly on my mind, in my heart and my prayers.

Annax it was so good to hear from you, it's been so long.I was very worried.I know you have a life away from here but when I don't see you around I really do worry and miss you like crazy.

I got a phone call from my son's girlfriend in Conn. a while ago.She woke up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain in her tummy and vomiting so my son rushed her to the hospital.they did a sonagram and found she has a tubal pregnacy so they gave her 2 shots of radiation to terminate it and said she has to be on bedrest for 7 days and she should miscarry.If not they're gonna have to operate and remove her tube and overy.The pain has let up and she's spotting so it's just a matter of waiting.They are pretty disappointed as they both want to have a baby.Ismael(my son) has a son and a daughter by his first marriage.They're divorced, she's remarried but Ismael wants to get married again but right now he's dealing with his ex and family court etc.As soon as everything is straightened out he'll be getting married again too.His 2 kids and Alison(his girlfriend) get along great.They love her and she loves them.

Hope all you Gals have a safe and happy week-end.

Big hugs and kisses to those who need them and those who don't as well.....

:hearts: Peggy

Edited by chachababy

Dear Sue,

I've been away for a week & just heard your sad news. I continue to pray for both you & Dan.

WendyM :hug1:

Thank you my friends....you all mean the world to me...neither one of us slept real well last night so I think it will be a really early night tonight!!

Awww Peggy, I'm so sorry...I will pray for Alison, that she will soon recover and that sometime in the near future she will be able to have her and Ismael's baby.

love and hugs to all...

Sue

Forgive me if I have not caught up. I thought I'd post before unpacking groceries, feeding pets & getting my dinner.

So I had two classes today and one was private. WOW!

My instructor is top 5 out of professionals I think something like that and she has been quoted in A LOT of media. I think it's uspoledance.com

She didn't win but she place high amongst many. Her studio colors are hot pink & black & I brought her silk roses; one of each. She brought me back a little red bear with a black hoodie that says in red "I (heart) NY". We were so giggly to each other.

We talked about a lot of things while she worked on setting up aerial. She swears I have Cherokee in me and I could already tell she was and I'm working with her to try to get in touch with the tribe if she has some documentation.

Anyways now to shorten the story...end of second class I decide to get up on the triangle. i kept working on it since it's been awhile. I had no one spotting me, which mens someone right there to help me out.

Oddly enough I had a vision in my head while I was hanging on, a quick flash of seeing myself falling off the triangle & exactly how I would fall. It was as if I was watcihing myself in this vision.

I'm barely able to sit down and luckily didn't go to the ER.

I did fall off the triangle as I lost my grip. I took about a two foot fall (MY FAULT, just so ya'll know) and landed on the left side of my head above the ear AND slammed down on my left lower back (which had a work related injury, same side, back in October 2007).

My dad and my instructor where on the phone because she was going to take me to the ER if need be for a CAT scan. My dad being all boy growing up has had numerous head injuries. She has nurse friends. So between all that we determined I was fine but will be HORRIBLY sore!

It's hard to walk and to sit, I sitll have my lumbar pillow from physical therapy. I don't know when I'll be able to dance again.

Getting groceries sucked as did bringing them in as did taking out the dogs. I have rude duplex neighbors who are insanely loud right now & someone took my parking spot making it harder for me to move. My other neighbor in the building next to me came over, we chatted & he returned my movies I loaned him & his girlfriend. He moved my car down to this little spot between to two parking lot areas so I could bring in my groceries easier.

The dogs either get afriad of ppl or want to play so I had to hold onto the railing and stay in one place while they did business.

My head hurts but not very bad.

What freaked me out was how Natasha Richardson just passed from but my dad said I'll be alright. My insturctor is going to call me a bunch tonight BEFORE I go out with some friends to go see her work at the club. She gave me free passes.

So I'm going to jump off here & get my fanny in gear so I can take a HOT bath and be ready to go out tonight and have fun. FEAR NOT there is a table where we'll be sitting at so it's not like me going to a concert.

Off to get things done.

If anyone knows any good home remedies aside from hot bath, heating pad, and tylenol, please let me know. It'll suck tomorrow when I wake up AND my folks want me to drive out for dinner (hey free food can't complain).

Love you all, my GALS

Anne (Sapphyre)

Edited by Sapphyre

Sapphyre I hope you get better soon it will take awhile not to be sore I am so glad nothing else happened. you take care my friend. Peg I am sorry to hear of Alison;s troubles. prayers to all. I have not been on a few days so I am not playing catch up too good. Sue you know you and Dan are always in my prayers and always will be you sweet lady you. I adore your siggy Anne. (sapphyre) its so gorgeous. Its been a pretty day here and Bonnie before I forget quit it you will be back at ww like me. I walked a lot today. Last night Jennie came over we ate and watched DF and Timeline she Loved timeline. next time probably psI Love You.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend. Miss everyone, frannie, Cassie, Susan, mel, Pilar, anna, Aimee , eva mari, Tracey, Spot, Yvonne, oh by the way they have to go in now and find out what is wrong with kennys colon, he was thought to have a virus but now they are not sure. Looks like he won't be home this coming week, I don't know bless her heart Yvonne has so much on her. Don't forget them in your prayers still. Well I am going to the showers and then relax (as if I have not been doing that all day) but be good all love ya'll Raina SNow Betts :butterfly:

Hey everyone! :wave:

Anne, that must hurt. Please take care and see physician if you feel any worse.

Prayers for Yvonne and Ken from me, Raina Snow. Prayers for Allison, Peggy.

Warm hugs to you and hubby, Sue.

Yesterday I posted elsewhere that my son and daughter in law are back home from their UK and Paris vacation. Their plane landed in Dulles about 5PM yesterday. A worried mom can at last breathe easy. Son called me late last night and chatted a bit about their trip. They have a wonderful time most spent in Paris and England which they loved and last two days in Edinburgh, Scotland. He did LOVE Scotland a lot. Said it was a gorgeous place and the people were so friendly and welcoming.

Anyways here is the only pic I have so far. A really good one. He promised more when he gets them on computer.

clickable

Posted Image

Isn't it just awesome to see the Eiffel Tower? And to think that is my son right in front of it. His wife took the picture so she is behind the camera. LOL.

More to come later

Diane

Dear Sue :hug1:

Love and prayers to you and Dan.

Love to Peggy too.

:hugs:

Nancy

Hi all :wave:

Oh Anne, hope you're OK. Take it easy girl. That must have hurt!

Sue - Thinking of you and Dan'l

Boy it's hard to catch up here when you miss a day. Weee!

Hugs,

Cheryl

It's hard here to catch up after just a few days!

My brother, Rick, is here and we are busy planning a trip to England and Scotland in August. It's my first trip back to Great Britain since I was 10 years old, and I can't wait! Richard was born in London (we are Air Force Brats), but we left when he was just over a year old, so he is excited about visiting. If all goes well, we will get to visit with sweet Anna and the Wee Ones and with our dear Moira too. Takes a lot of work to organize this - there will be three of us going - and we are all Verra Excited!

Everyone have a wonderful, restful Sunday. Hugs all around!

Suzie

PS: Thank you, BJ for the compliment on my siggy, but I certainly can't take the credit. It was all Irish's work!! (Thank you, Sue)

Some more pics taken by son and wife on their trip to England, France and Scotland.

Here are a few from England. Well, PB is not cooperating right now. I will post more later.

Enjoy these!

Diane

all are clickable

Beatiful Big Ben and Parliament

Posted Image

Tower Bridge in London

Posted Image

Old Bailey in London (The Central Criminal Court in England, commonly known as the Old Bailey, is a court building in central London)

Posted Image

Edited by Shamrocked

Hey all,

I'm in pain. I did feel my head and it hurts but I take Tylenol and if need be will go to the doctor.

My back hurts so badly though.

I'm alive just in pain.

I was very hard to sleep even with a heating pad as I had to redistribute heat and the pad, etc, etc and I put a pillow between my legs.

Anyhoo I'm going to dinner tonight at my folks.

I think everything is in bloom now because I can't keep my eyes open. I wear contacts but cannot drive with glasses. Ugh they itch

hugs

Anne, I'm worrying about you girl. Head injuries are not something to take lightly. If you have a concussion you have a bruised brain and must stay quiet. I would feel better if you went to a doctor and had it checked out.

Diane, I'm really enjoying the pictures your son took on his trip. Keep them coming!!

Sue, I keep you and Daniel in my prayers!! God Bless!!

~HUGS~ Kathy :wave:

Shamrocked - the pictures are great. Very good shots! Thanks.

Hope all Gals and their loved ones are having a good Sunday - peaceful, pain-free, and full of love.

Cheers!