Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Kathy - dad told me he's had many head injuries and I didn't need to see a doctor. he said he'd check up on me and if it changes then we'll go from there.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathy - dad told me he's had many head injuries and I didn't need to see a doctor. he said he'd check up on me and if it changes then we'll go from there.

Take is easy meanwhile. My sister had two brain concussions and the doctor told us they can be serious if ignored. If you feel sick or dizzy call your Dad right away. Let me know how you are doing!! I'll be thinking of you!

~HUGS~ Kathy :kiss:

Thanks Kathy & Cheryl.

So far so good and I'll keep the GALS posted if things change. I did see my dad and family for dinner on Sunday night so someone would have caught something if I didn't look or act right. I was only cranky towards the end because my dad was taking too long on my laptop and I was tired around 8 or so. My body woke up too early on Sunday late morning. I didn't have enough sleep from being out so late & going to bed so late.

I'm just in pain and trying not to pop my back like I usually do. I was trying to tell my dad it felt like I needed a masseuse (sp?) and chiropratic (the latter of which I interviewed with on Friday afternoon, go fig).

I talked to Kayla on the phone & said I was fine and all. I told her I had knocked into the doorknob as a young one when I was in pre-school. It wasn't long before I was getting sick and mom being mom plus RN took me to the doctor.

I think a little later on (both incidents I was young & living in MI) at some point maybe in kindergarten I was in our backyard at home, swining on the swing set & I leaned too far back and landed on my head or so mom thought. I remember being wisked away by her & I don't remember if I had X-Rays. I was young then and the only first x-rays I remember are from my 3rd grade broken wrist.

I'm waiting to take Tylenol again, write a thank you letter (well print it), write my to do list, fold some laundry & hit the hay. It's hard lying down to sleep. My head doesn't hurt but my back hurts pretty bad.

I whine which is ok because no one hears me except the dogs and rabbit. hehehhehehee But it sucks because I do everything around the house since I live alone. I am however very careful. I took a nice hot bath Sunday before going out for the night & was careful getting in and very careful getting out. Amazing what happens when you gain more upper body strength.

I am telling myself absolutely no excerises this week. I've also emailed my teacher to see if we can hold off on my classes until I'm better. I may need to call her to make sure she knows.

I'm just wanting the major pain in my back to go away as I'd have preferred normal bruises, aches and pains rather than major owieness.

I do have some things I need to do around the house but if I can avoid it, I will until I'm better (such as bathing both dogs and clipping one of the dog's nails).

On a quick change of subject, our lead male vocalist gave me a CD FULL of photos from the Mardi Gras show. I need to go through them all and slowly add them to PB and then let ya'll look at them. This was done by a pro photographer. I'll leave out ones that don't have me, or have me, you just can't see if it's me unless you know who I am. I look way better without the tutu (should have held off until we were about to head out to go on stage).

Thanks ladies for checking up on me.

:hugs:

:wave: everyone! Had a busy weekend here. Saturday was hubby's (PAL Good Sport's) birthday. We went out for dinner at PF Chang's to celebrate. I was supposed to work two 12hr shifts yesterday and today, but I only worked 8 yesterday and got today off because the census is down again. What a shame. :funnyface: This week I need to get the house cleaned up because our daughter is coming home for a weekend visit. :yay:

Anne- Take care of yourself. Concussions can be very serious. Hope you feel better soon.

Suzie- I know you're enjoying your visit with your brother. I wish I could go on that trip with you guys this summer! Darn RL! I'm only a little jealous....yeah, right. ;)

Edited by Lady Elissa

Thanks Lady Elissa.

Oh wow PF Chang's NICE!

Happy Belated birthday to your hubby!

I think we still have one in downtown Nashville I just think there was a fire & everyone thought it was gone but I think it just needed a clean up & open up. I've never been but I hear it's really nice and yummy food.

:wave: Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I was here. Two weeks ago I was in Salt Lake for a visit but didn't stay as long as I planned. Today is a busy day I have been feeling out paper work for vocational visits. Boy they ask some personal question.

My father left yesterday for Ghana, Africa where he teaches he will be there on and off till November.

Elissa happy late birthday to your hubby.

I hope everyone is doing okay.

:hugs: to all

Well, my daughter called me today with the news that she's been laid off from her full-time job in Los Angeles. She's been re-classified from full-time to free-lance. She says she wants to come back to Texas and look for a job in Austin, which is about 90 miles from here. It looks like Bill and I will be moving her back and putting her furniture in storage at the end of April. She'll stay with us until she finds a job and apartment. She's coming home this weekend to see our tax accountant. I'm sorry things didn't work out for her in California, but it will be good to have her home.

Thanks, Erica and Anne for the birthday wishes for my husband. :)

Hello ya'll,

Here are some more pics of son and wife's trip to Edinburgh, Scotland this time. They only had two days there and it didn't rain, Praise Be! :) How about that!!!

all of the pics are clickable. Enjoy! I sure do.

Diane

Edinburgh Castle built on volcanic rock. Castles are awesome!

Posted Image

built right to the edge!

Posted Image

my son guarding the castle! LOL

Posted Image

This is Arthur's Seat, an ancient volcano near Edinburgh

Posted Image

a street in Edinburgh

Posted Image

Diane, your pictures are great!! Love them. In the fifth picture I have more info. for you. It was taken on the Royal Mile road that runs from Edinburgh Castle to Holyrood Palace. The Royal Mile contains four ancient streets, Castlehill (the street your picture is taken from), Lawnmarket, High Street and Canongate. Usually it is just referred to as the Royal Mile. This area is referred to as "Old Town". The tall spire you see in the picture is of The Tolbooth Kirk (church) c. 1840. It has the city's tallest spire. Great picture!! Keep them coming!!

~HUGS~ Kathy :wave:

Edited by Forbes girl

:thankyou: Kathy, for the information.

I didn't get much info...son just emailed me the pics with no explains. LOL. He wants to wait and reveal all at our get together I think.

Great new pics Diane!! Beautiful.

Thanks for the info Kathy. When did you go? I want to go soon.

Cheryl

My parents are both Scottish and they went to Scotland every year to stay with their Scottish friends who live there. My mother brought home tons of books, maps and information over the years that I studied. I was supposed to go but when my mother was put into a nursing home I cancelled and have been pretty busy building a home, living in the real world, so I have never been, YET. My husband said we are going next year come hell or high water. My son has been there and so has my sister and her family. I think it is my turn. I certainly know my way around, that's for sure.

:funnyup: you'll be well prepared when you go! That's a good thing. I love to study an area before I travel.

That way you have some idea what you want to see when you get there.

I hope to go next year also, if all things work out.

Cheryl

:funnyup: you'll be well prepared when you go! That's a good thing. I love to study an area before I travel.

Cheryl

It's important to study the transportation system as well so you don't get any surprises when you get there. For instance, you can take a train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and along the east and west coast in Central Scotland and the Lowlands. But you will need a car or sign up for a tour bus if you want to tour the Highlands. They have a very good Ferry boat system so you can take a car to the Western Isles. The Isle of Skye is a favorite. I already have a good idea of how I will get around Scotland and see what I want to see. I would travel, for the best weather although it rains a lot in Scotland, June, July and August. Come September it is cold in the Highlands. My parents always went to the Braemar Highland Games the first week in September and had to dress really warm. If you rent a car always ask for an automatic and remember you will be driving on the left side of the road. Not easy for us Americans. That's why there are plenty of tour buses available. Just sign up early for the summer months. If you want to go to the Edinburgh Tattoo get tickets a year in advance because they only have it in August. That is if you are going in August. Hope you get there next year. I'm tired of waiting for the economy to get better. I'll be too old by the time it does at the rate it is going.

So I had therapy today which is always draining. Then again after being up til almost 3am with Kayla and me barely getting any sleep was my fault too. I stopped at the book store hoping to find Life & Style, nope. Also looked for another magazine that a friend of mine is supposed to be in and nothing (magazine wasn't there). I drive home in the pouring rain. I stop and get flea medicine. I just want to have lunch and take a hot bath because my back obviously hurts due to my stupidity (can we say we see a pattern in Anne and stupidity :lol:)

So I pull out the umbrella in my car which is older than dirt and granted it's a short walk from the gravel parking type space to the front of the house but it was a down pour. I look behind me and my red flag to the mailbox isn't up. I was returning a Netflix DVD.

Inside was a box. Ok who shoves a box in my mailbox to the point I have to tug on it.

I didn't even read it. I thought "okkkkkk the eye doctor's place is going a new route for sending me the correct lenses along with something for me to send the wrong ones back & use paid postage"

I come in and check out the box before letting out the girls.

I saw Trekkiegoober's name in the upper left corner. I opened it up and I was a bit confused. I flicked on the stove light so I could see and I was very close to tears.

Deb had made me a Gerry care package. Some people are funny as hell. I know Ms. Raina Snow didn't want RnR so she gave it to me which was sweet. Deb (Trekkiegoober) was asking me in a post which movies I liked of Gerry's. Hey I can go on forever and yup I even tell people what's on my wish list on amazon because I get so excited knowing I'll own them one day.

Dad had attempted to tape Nim's Island off HBO on his DVR. He told me this morning that he forgot about daylight savings on his DVR and didn't realize it until this morning and changed it. I have a DVD with half of Nim's Island on it. Gotta love my dad.

So Deb PM'ed me & said she had an extra copy of 300 and Nim's Island. She asked if I wanted them and I was so overwhelmed with love & happiness & having a new friend.

Inside my package are two CD's chalked full of Gerry pics. There is also vids & TV appearances. I looked under those 4 and saw 300, Nim's Island and then my jaw dropped. Under Nim's Island was Beowulf & Grendel. I let out a huge squeal and the dogs looked at me as if I was off my rocker.

They are all beside me sitting on the couch and I think I'm gunna pop in Nim's Island while I eat & leave the bathroom door open while I take a HOT bath with epsom salt for my aching back.

THANK YOU DEB!!!!! :wuv:

:metoyou:

:rose:

And just last night I got surprised by three GALS with custom siggies of lovelyness & Kayla was up all night & surprised me with 2 POTO siggies (one has to be resized but when I saw it I nearly fell over laughing because it's about ME and Phantom talking about me) and then I went in and well tried to swipe 4 of her siggies but she's smart GAL & knows me all too well & picked out two more of her new siggies for me while I was out of the house.

I've been literally showered with love and friendship. For those GALS who know what I'm battling with every day (aside from landing on my head which I promised Ren I wouldn't do any more) I've got so much support & love here. I keep making new friends & I love joking with everyone even if we haven't gotten to know each other well. I am so blessed to be here.

One more: I will call out a fan forum because I highly doubt any of you would go there. I do belong to the Godsmack fan forum. I stopped logging on maybe a year ago or more. I check in because it does have Godsmack updates and had I had the money I would have been able to do pre-sale tickets for their show in ATL in August. It was constant cat fights, cliques (sp?), and I was completely run into the ground for not doing ANYTHING. I had done nothing wrong to this incredibly hateful woman. Nothing. She lit into me and then kept calling me a chicken because I wouldn't post on the forums. I stayed out of it. I had someone watching my back though very quietly. We'd copy and save all the stuff in case it had to go to court (ok so that's me going a bit over the top). There was ONE MOD! The mod didn't want to get involved but it was her job to stop that stuff. Finally she put an end to it, suspended the woman for all of 2 weeks and there was a new thread chewing out the mod for taking her away. Then another thread of all the girls missing this hateful woman and counting the days until her return. I found out from my best friend in Jersey (her best friends ironically ARE Godsmack) and she told me the guys rarely get on there now. She said the drummer would get on and chat awhile and he found an entire thread that was bashing him. He said that was it and wouldn't log on. HELL, Sully's MOM was even on there for a wee bit. She was such a sweetheart of a woman. I was able to wish her a belated Merry Christmas and wished her and her family a Happy New Year, and gave her a link to all the photos I had taken of the guys. I had so many nice things to say. It didn't take long for her to write me back and she told me how blessed she was to have her kids & how proud she was of both of them and she LOVED the photos I had taken of her son. I printed off the PM I sent her and the one she sent me back and it's tucked away with my massive Godsmack collection. I hope she finally stopped getting on the boards too. Sully is just a man with talent in a lot of the different things with music. However people were constantly wanting to know his private life.

Well best get my luch the rest of the way heated & get on with Nim's Island.

It's good to be home...home with my GALS.

:kiss:

Anne (Sapphyre)

Well, my daughter called me today with the news that she's been laid off from her full-time job in Los Angeles. She's been re-classified from full-time to free-lance. She says she wants to come back to Texas and look for a job in Austin, which is about 90 miles from here. It looks like Bill and I will be moving her back and putting her furniture in storage at the end of April. She'll stay with us until she finds a job and apartment. She's coming home this weekend to see our tax accountant. I'm sorry things didn't work out for her in California, but it will be good to have her home.

Elissa, I am soooo sorry to hear about Erin! She was so excited about moving to California, and I know she is disappointed. Give her all my love and tell her I know she will do great whatever she decides to do!

Hugs,

Suzie

Cheryl

It's important to study the transportation system as well so you don't get any surprises when you get there. For instance, you can take a train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and along the east and west coast in Central Scotland and the Lowlands. But you will need a car or sign up for a tour bus if you want to tour the Highlands. They have a very good Ferry boat system so you can take a car to the Western Isles. The Isle of Skye is a favorite. I already have a good idea of how I will get around Scotland and see what I want to see. I would travel, for the best weather although it rains a lot in Scotland, June, July and August. Come September it is cold in the Highlands. My parents always went to the Braemar Highland Games the first week in September and had to dress really warm. If you rent a car always ask for an automatic and remember you will be driving on the left side of the road. Not easy for us Americans. That's why there are plenty of tour buses available. Just sign up early for the summer months. If you want to go to the Edinburgh Tattoo get tickets a year in advance because they only have it in August. That is if you are going in August. Hope you get there next year. I'm tired of waiting for the economy to get better. I'll be too old by the time it does at the rate it is going.

Kathy,

I have a friend who is from Scotland, still lives there, and she said usually the best weather is in June. June also has the longest days of sunlight which is great for long days of sightseeing. When I go I think I will plan on June.

My friend, Beneta, was just here a couple of months ago for a visit. Had a great time with her. I'll have a native to show me around when I get the chance to go. Love the accent!!

Cheryl

Elissa, I am soooo sorry to hear about Erin! She was so excited about moving to California, and I know she is disappointed. Give her all my love and tell her I know she will do great whatever she decides to do!

Hugs,

Suzie

:thankyou: Suzie, will do.

Kathy,

I have a friend who is from Scotland, still lives there, and she said usually the best weather is in June. June also has the longest days of sunlight which is great for long days of sightseeing. When I go I think I will plan on June.

My friend, Beneta, was just here a couple of months ago for a visit. Had a great time with her. I'll have a native to show me around when I get the chance to go. Love the accent!!

Cheryl

Good idea going in June. The heaviest tourist season is July and August. The Tattoo in Edinburgh brings a lot of people in August. That's great that you will have someone local to show you around. If you go pick up the "Dorling Kindersley Travel Guide on Scotland" at your local bookstore. It's a small size, great for traveling with it and it has everything you will want to know. My parents swore by it. The book is updated frequently. Hope you get to go!!

Kathy, thank you for the tip on "Scotland (revised) (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE)", by Dorling Kindersley.

I just ordered it from Amazon (through the GALS boutique, of course). We'll be in Scotland from the 17th to the 24th of August - can't wait!!

Suzie

Good morning, Gals - I haven't been here for a couple of days and it seems like a lot longer.

Elissa - I'm sorry about your daughter's job. That's rough. Wishing her success in finding a new job that's even better. I pray the Lord will bless her in that.

Anne - I am one of those Gals that you don't really know - but your posts are very interesting. I'm amazed at your fortitude - and it does sound like you have some very loving, caring Gal-pals here!

Texas Gramma - oh, to go to Scotland - any time of year! Hope you have a most wonderful time.

The snow finally arrived in the "low country" here in Colorado. Our mountains have gotten plenty of snow - but down here we haven't - so, while this sorta' puts a cramp in my plans for the day - it's very welcome thing. Problem is - it will go on and on for the rest of the day and possibly night - so who knows what tomorrow holds.

Cheers!

Thanks, BJ. I've been busy hiring movers and making travel arrangements for moving her home and putting her stuff in storage. She has a really good attitude about the whole thing...understands about the economy and all that, and is looking forward to coming home. I pray that she'll find the perfect job in Austin, or if not Austin, here in San Antonio.

Diane, those pictures from Scotland are beautiful. The best vacation I ever had was a 3 week trip to the UK with a dear friend of mine years ago. We visited Scotland, Wales, and England...only place we missed was Ireland, darn it! It was the trip of a life-time that I'll never forget!

Anne,it's really great that you have friends that support you. Helps get a person out of the dumps :)

So sorry to hear that anyone has lost a job,it's a rough time all around right now. I am still searching for a job. Someone is having me babysit tomorrow,won't be much pay but every little bit helps. And I have to fight my ex for half of our income tax return...and I'm sick