Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a beautiful siggy Jen! Hope you have a wonderful day and your husband mends quickly.

Prayers and hugs to everyone that needs them today! Unfortunately, that's quite a few.

Frannie, glad you're having a great time. I see you didn't come in under your "imposter" name today! I don't blame you, when you have withdrawals, you have to get in any way you can. :lol:

See ya'll later

Ren

You know that saying.... "A friend is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out"... That is what I have experienced. And this is the kind of FRIEND that Judy :metoyou: is to me.

Awwwww, shucks! :thankyou:

Sue a road trip up to Redding sounds great to me!! What a great time that would be!

Edited to add: Just read your post about your Bryan! OMG! What a scary thing for him and YOU. Thank goodness he's got a buddy to help him out. Hopefully, with the fluids back in his body, he'll be back up on his feet in no time. We NEVER stop worrying, do we?

:wave: To everyone who stops by the SC. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, it's VERY warm here in southern CA today! Maybe the rain up north will move on down here, we're still in need of more.

We watched RockandRolla last weekend.....IMO, the jury is still out on that one. It reminded me of "Shooters." :scared:

Bye for now!

:wuv:JUDE

Edited by JUDE

G'night GALS!

I'm finishing up here and heading out to the show EARLY.

I'm nervous as :fook:

Wish I had a small picture of Gerry to carry with me :lmao:

He's my lucky star ;)

Anyways I probably won't stroll in until 4:30 or so as that's what has happened in the past.

I'll crash, get up, call my family and I know they want me over there early to check out the new laptop so my siblings won't be jealous and then dinner.

My tax return bites and I wasn't happy with how my dad was so straight with me and said I didn't make much money last year. Gee thanks for the boost there dad! Plus this is the first time to file separate. Which dad didn't make that any easier by bringing up the quasi spouse person and needing his SSN. I was in line at the grocery store when he called to ask for it. By the time I got home I was in tears. I didn't want to think about him today because tomorrow is 8 months since he walked out and said separation and now it's apparant it's not :(

I'm out!!!

Please don't say the phrase that involves a leg for wishing me good luck.

LOVE YOU ALL!

That sounds wonderful Judy...you and Nancy on a road trip up to Redding!!!

I'm glad you like your pressie Jennipher...for those that don't know ... that's our lake up here in Redding shadowed by our glorious Mount Shasta!

Betts, I'm so glad to hear you have a friend to share Gerry with!! When my cousin was here last week I made her watch POTO, PS I Love You and Shattered...she said she had no idea that he was that good and I told her "well, now you know!"... :humph:

Frannie, I'm so glad you are getting in some good family time at home in New York and that you get to bring part of it with you when you head back down south! Make sure you get lots of Peggy hugs before you leave!!! I will say a prayer for Tommy....that is very scary....in this day and age with these super staph infections and bacterial stuff you can never be too careful.

Anne, have fun and brea...ok, you know...lol.

Be careful Delene, chasing those tornados ....we need our resident poet!!!!

Anna2, Posted Image

And Anna1, where are you? I miss you woman!!!

I heard from EM the other day and she is in to sewing now....that woman never stops....I sure miss her here though... :tissues:

hugs to all,

love,

Sue

Anne..............some people..........I'm not naming names, have been known to carry a picture of Gerry in their wallets.

Sue, my poor friend/co-worker who hears me talk about GB all the time said something similar to me. Her husband died several years ago, when she had a new baby. Now she is still a single mom w/ 2 kids and takes care of her mother (Alzheimer's) at night. She has very little free time. In some of her few free moments, she took the time to watch PSILY, 300 & TR: Cradle of Life. Now she says she wants to go to Scotland/Ireland w/ me and another friend/co-worker. Hopefully some day that will happen.

Anyway, last week we were on our way back from lunch and I had POTO on the CD player. All of a sudden she said, "Is that Gerry singing"? When I said yes, she said she had seen the picture on the CD and knew he was in the movie, but even though she's heard this CD off and on for.............uh........forever, it never dawned on her it was him. She just said he's even more talented than I thought. Of course I said "I KNOW, that's what I've been telling you!" The other co-worker I mentioned had previously seen Gerry in PSILY and Nim's Island, but she rented Dear Frankie last week and really loved it.

What can I say.......we just keep spreading the Gerry love!

Done rambling........

Frannie, that is scary, I'll definitely keep you all in my prayers

Hugs everyone

Ren

Hi to all :wave:

Sue - Hope Bryan is feeling better now. Man you really need to make sure you get enough fluids when you're sick.

Frannie - Hope Tommy gets over his infection. Have fun with Peggy and Mom.

Anne - Don't be nervous! Just perform like no one's watching. You'll do great!

Betts - It's really more fun to watch Gerry movies with a friend. they can help wipe up the drool when it's over LOL!

Take care all!

Cheryl

Uh, Brenda, I'm one of those people who carry Gerry's photos with me....on my checkbook cover, (inside and out) on my pocket two-year calender (inside and out) and I have one of those little electronic albums on my key ring with 60 photos of Gerry....I also have Gerry photo bracelets, watch, necklaces and dog tags and Gerry photo Tee shirts. Not to mention a drool book! What???? Me obsessed? Naaaah!

Suzie

I took a stack of Gerry pictures (things I had printed from the various sites) to Curves with me - to show those women what they were missing. Lots of drooling going on - and, after seeing the pictures and discussing which ones they liked best, they understood (finally) my fascination with Gerry Butler! Now a couple of them come rushing into Curves to tell me they saw a movie he's in advertised on TV. Life is good.

Cheers!

Hey everyone! I'm posting this for Sapphyre aka Anne. She sent this to me via msn

Sapphyre says:

"Hi All, Kayla is posting this short post for me. My IE7 isn't working. The show was AWESOME! I always write a review of the show for the band to read so I'll write it up and I'll post it over in music/off topic probably tonight or tomorrow.

I'm still on a Jonesworld high. We got some snow so I left my car at the venue and a friend of mine drove me home. Hey I'm a southern girl so snow and ice and sleet aren't safe for me. Safe than sorry.

I will fill ya'll in more later. I have to pick up my car and my folks want me there early to show off my new laptop and I'll be wireless!

Last thing....my pole instructor surprised me in the middle of a song the girls had moves too. She motioned for me to come down off the riser. So I did. She and another girl pulled me down.

She pointed to the triangle and said "get up there". I pointed to my boots. She said she didn't care. She was going to "spot me". So up I went. I was hanging upside down with my skirt over my head. Thank goodness for boy shorts!

So she has me upside down on the triangle and tells me to let go and holds onto my legs so I wouldn't fall. I did get a push. Then she asked if I was ready to come up. I was coming up to back flip off. She told me to pull myself all the way up. I did and she had my swinging high and I was hoping the band would see me. I know the crowd did! It was AWESOME! The few in the band who did said I did

great.

More later! Kisses to Kayla for posting this for me. Off to get my car and visit my folks. I miss you all! I wish you all could have been there! I will put photos up on photobucket so ya'll can see how I looked back stage.

We did have a pro photographer so we'll have to wait to get his info later and our pics.

Love,

Anne (Sapphyre)

That sounds wonderful Judy...you and Nancy on a road trip up to Redding!!!

Oh my gosh!! When do we leave??? :pointy: Seriously, it would be fun. Ready JUDE?

Love all the new St Patty's siggies!! They are great!!

FRANNIE, where's that handsome-gorgeous picture of GERRY from, in the suit and tie, on your new "HOT" siggy??? I LOVE that Gerry! :wuv:

Sue and Frannie; Hope your two "boys" get better soon. Frannie, I'm happy you get to visit your Peggy and family in NY.

Thanks for all the love coming my way...JILL, SUE, BLUJEAN, etc. That's what I love about GALS...the very special friendships. :hug1:

Anna...I know she's having fun and keeping busy with her two angels:

:bday: To Toby and Lucy!!

Love to all...

Nancy

:hugs:

Computer/wireless is a go.

I have to get used to an internal keyboard since my other one was run over by Kya when she was a puppy and took off keys. Dad gave me his wireless mouse since he knows the touch pad can make me antsy and annoyed.

I have stuff to upload on the comp and SO much more to do, it's insane.

I still have the songs from last night stuck in my head.

Forgive me if any typing sucks.

I'm a happy faerie with a computer that :fook:'ing works!

Seriously I wish I could share the entire show with ya'll. It was unbelieveable.

Sapphyre

Hey Saph, I can relate to having computer frustrations. I'm wondering right now if I'll be able to install a wireless card into my laptop if I have to 'dump' my internet in an effort to cut costs. Currently my card is installed in a big old dinosaur of a pc locked up in my storage unit for the past 17 months!! I almost dumped it a year ago. I guess I should go there and see if I can retrieve and re-install it myself.

SUZIE, Just a few Gerry pix in your wallet huh? :funnyup:

I've actually never carried a Gerry picture with me, although I had a pic of LUIS MIGUEL over my photo on my drivers license for YEARS!...But I did have some Gerry pix in my car, on the visor, and hanging from the rear-view mirror, etc.

I do not carry my check book with me, but last year a sweet Canadian Gerry Gal sent me a check book cover of Gerry as the Phantom. I do have to laugh because last time I was at my Credit Union to make a payment, I had it out on the counter and when I realised the teller might see it, I covered it with my hand and giggled to myself... :wuv:

Gotta tell you all something kind of sweet...well, two things actually that happened to me on Saturday. I was out at the market and ran into a lady I first rented a room from about 6 years ago. It was so funny because I truly had just been thinking of her THAT morning and thinking I should give her a call or stop by to see her. She's a retired lady with kids my age, and I lived at her home twice. I always keep her updated with my new address when I move and send Christmas cards. There were some strained moments between us when I rented from her, nothing major, but just not at ease all the time as I am at the current place I live,...

BUT, she hugged me so sweetly I was taken aback a bit. She hugged me like she really had missed me. And what a coincidence...she is in need of a renter yet again, and I have felt a little too much stress with the costs of where I currently live. That is one of the reasons she had been on my mind. I really do not want to move again, but it's interesting that things happened the way they did.

The other thing was while I was at my fave music store in Little India, I have shopped there for about 5 years, but there's a new lady who has been working there for a year and she is always so friendly to me. Last time I was there she spoke to me in Hindi and when I asked what she had said, she said she thought I was Indian! Well, yesterday was a hot day 80 degrees, (today too!), and that little shop is extra hot, and she asked me if I needed a drink, which I declined, and would you believe she talked me into an Indian drink and ordered it from the retaurant next door. How sweet is that!! I had a nice cool "Lasse", pronounced "lassie" like the dog. It's a yougurt drink, but it hit the spot perfectly.

Okay, enough of the blah, blah, blah.

Nancy

Edited by Attila Girl

Nancy, nice things like that should happen to you every day.You are a special Gal and you work hard, you deserve to be treated as special as you are.

Posted Image Peggy

Hello Everyone, especially the Northeast GALS!

Whooo the wind and snow here! Last night sleet, snow and the terrific wind! Seemed like a blizzard here and still blowing hard today. Looks like about 3 inches of snow, not a lot here but it has been a mild winter so it seems a lot to us. This is unusual for here in lower slower Delaware. Was weird last night when the power went off and then a gust of wind blew the front door open! I about jumped outta my skin! (guess who had not made sure the door was closed properly.) :embarassed: This made the house so cold I just went to bed and the power came back on later in the night, thank goodness.

Hope things are not too bad for you GALS elsewhere.

Nancy, Suzie and BlueJean, :lol: I am not at the stage of carrying pics of Gerry with me yet but when I visit my daughter, I always take a Gerry movie just in case she would like to see on on her nice big screen TV. Each one I took this time she said I have seen that (even RNR, which surprised me). I was telling her all about Gerry filming in Philly and where the filming was done till 5AM and her hubby looked and me and shook his head. "And you know all this, why?" he snickered. My daughter said, cause she finds where he is all the time on the computer!" Her hubby just smiled and shook his head and said no more. Also my daughter handed me a small article and pic of Gerry she had saved for me from a magazine she read. So she is not a Gerry fan but she is my "enabler". :lol:

Later ya'll

Diane

Hi all!! :wave:

Anne I'm glad glad you having a working computer again. Sounds like you had a good show, congratulations!

Nancy, things happen for a reason sometimes. Being in the right place at the right time helps. The woman at the store sounds really nice.

Diane, It's nice to have people enable you. Hey Gerry is a nice vice to have! I have pictures on my cell phine of him, and show thme all the time. Also my ring tone is the "honey, honey wake up" thing he said in that interview. I let my phone ring just to hear it. I've also download some video clips to my phone, just so I can have my Gerry fix with me all the time!

.......no I'm not obsessed LOL.

Cheryl

I don't know what you all are complaining about - it's 60 degrees here. :D

Just kidding - we're getting snow later this week too. :(

I hope you are all safe in this nasty weather.

Mousie :wuv:

I love all of my gals!!! *huge hugs*.

Weather is fine here, no snow just cold. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well

Hi all,

Just posted over in the clubhouse about the snow storms back east. Hope all you east coast gals stay safe and warm.

I was also wondering about LAC filming, and how this may effect them.

The sun is currently out here in Oregon. Showers set up for the week with temps in the 50's.

Cheryl

My sister Fran and niece came up from NC to visit for a week and was supposed to leave today to go back but they got snowed in with the rest of us.Now they gotta wait and see what tomorrow brings.I'm happy to have them but feel bad as they really need to get on the road, it's a very long drive.We have over 10 inches of snow already and it's still snowing. :tantrum: I sure hope everyone else is staying safe and warm.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well......

:hearts: Peggy

GOOD AFTERNOON GALS

If I'm away too long at any point forgive me. Once I got the laptop and the wireless hookd up I went into the bedroom and I was up til somewhere between 3:30 and 4am putting things on here. I'm SO not used to Vista. I'm not happy I can't have a screen saver that shows photos. On Windows XP and such, I was able to just have all my pics of my favorite lead singer in all his wonderfulness as my screen saver...pic after pic comes up.

I need something Gerrylicious for my desktop...the whale tail out of the water is boring.

I have A LOT that needs to be tended to today. I cannot stay up that late again so I have to get a move on things. I think I'll be messing with this all week long. I have so much that is NEEDED to put on here.

One problem is I can't find my printer CD Rom thingy so I can install my printer. Lovely.

I'm taking a minor break before jumping in the shower and running out to do two errands. I'm coming back and folding laundry and putting it up while watching Jury Duty.

I had a lovely wake up "call" this morning after the dogs. I tend to put on meditation stuff in between being woken up (I seriously couldn't sleep last night) and it helps me calm down and crash.

Well the band has some members who've been around a LONG time. One of their friends flew in from LA to play with us. Let me tell you he was a hotty and a half. He was really sweet though and loved seeing the 30+ of us since he's used to a lot smaller from back in the day.

He texted me this morning to tell me he had fun hanging out with me and looks forward to coming back.

Sinnamon and I were texting like crazy (she has a boyfriend) and we had both been the ones drooling over him. We seem to come off as giddy school girls. It was nice that he texted me this morning. I had just dropped him a note last night letting him know it was nice meeting him, I had fun, and hoped his flight home was well.

I can go toss up the photos on photobucket real quick, it's only backstage pics since I didn't do photos at this show. We did have a pro photographer and we're waiting to see all the shots he took of us. He came backstage with us as well and took photos.

I just hope someone has a picture of me flying high on the triangle because I was, it was FABULOUS and my instructor was so proud of me.

I can't wait until April because that's our next show. Hehheheheheee

So off I go to get all squeeky clean & run errands and come back & get some hosehold stuff done.

I love being wireless. I can hide out in the bedroom and let the dogs nap in their cage (both out at the same time & everything would be broken and ripped to shreds) and I don't have to bother them with being noisy.

Plus if I wanna watch a movie, I can play it on my laptop and curl up in bed.

Anne

PS Here ya go, backstage photos Mardi Gras Show

Edited by Sapphyre

I just looked at your photos Anne. Wow great costumes! Looks like you had a fabulous time.

Thanks for sharing Gal!

Afternoon everyone :wave:

I've got a butt load of siggies coming later today, just to let you know!

Cheryl

I just looked at your photos Anne. Wow great costumes! Looks like you had a fabulous time.

Thanks for sharing Gal!

Afternoon everyone :wave:

I've got a butt load of siggies coming later today, just to let you know!

Cheryl

Well I'll be in pounce mode for siggies once rent is paid and one particular crazy pooch has a new choker collar. Apparently while I was asleep on Sunday, she stuck her paw between the bars of the cage and ATE her entire black leash (she picked it out) and in addition to that she took apart the choker so it doesn't work.

Oh we just toss together stuff we either have, buy it, borrow it, or someone makes stuff for us. My top was borrowed, my tutu was hand made (worn for one song) and I have a nice black handmade skirt underneath, and bought purple fishnets which instantly tore at the toes and snagged quickly.

OOO I hope I'm back for Siggy Madness!!!

Peggy, be sure to tell Frannie I'm sorry she got snowed in, but I'm delighted she got to spend a little more time with you! I hear things are pretty rugged on the east cost, but don't any of you do anything that is not safe!

Hugs and prayers,

Suzie