Gerard Butler GALS

MY LOVE FOR GERRY GROWS ON

GBPhanatic

I was not sure where to put this, but I thought this was as good a place as any.

I've been trying to analyze lately what it is that I am feeling! I'm a very practical person, but I thought that by now, my fanship for Gerard Butler would have settled in to a calm and dignified stage, sort of like being on "cruise control", but it has not! Instead, it seems to keep getting more intense! That practical side of me has considered therapy, but my new impractical side says "I don't give a fook"! I feel myself changing every day, like some sort of metamorphosis is taking place and I'm helpless to stop it!

I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night with him on my mind! He has inspired things in me that I never thought I would feel, some things that I thought were long dead have been resurrected and intensified to such a degree that it's sometimes very distracting! I fear myself crossing over in to some realm I can't bring myself back from but I'm not sure I'd want to!

I feel I have improved tremendously in all aspects of my life, mentally, physically, creatively, and spiritually. Is not love suppose to be a renewal of spirit and soul, mind and body?

I think in reality he fits what all of us as women want, from the time we are old enough to be attracted to the opposite sex and beyond! It's like I've always loved him even before I knew him! (I actually think that's in a song somewhere) He was set somewhere in my mind, soul and heart a long time ago and I knew I would know him when I saw him!

So he kindly and generously gives of himself to each of us in scattered increments, with all the pictures, the come hither gazes in to the camera, his love for his fans and how he hugs us when we are there with him and he hugs us when we are not! He gives us back his love, all that he can. If he has a personal love life, we don't see it, he keeps it hidden from us so as not to break our hearts!

For now, I'll go along as I am doing, forming and molding some new existance out of the old one. Getting use to my new perspectives on things and the resurrection of some old ones! I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me and at the same time, I could look at him and tell him in the same breath how much I adore him and "hate" him for entrapping my heart like this and that I don't have him tangible, to hold, to show him how I feel! I know I'm not alone in that sentiment here and Gerry would be the first one to tell you to "stop talking about it and bring it on!"

Of course that practical side says he's only what I've made him up to be in my mind. He just planted the seed and it has grown to the proportion it has by my own ideals. How much of him that I cannot see or know about him personally, would not fit that ideal? That's the reality of it afterall. So as long as I only know him distantly, I can keep my own idealistic love for him intact.

To understand what true love would be like, for myself, if the object of my love was obtainable, would be to have no desire for anything else in the world than to be with that person. I had never experienced that kind of rationale until now, but I certainly can understand it.

So thanks for letting me vent my feelings. Go ahead and feel free to express yours too. I'm in such undeniable sweet misery and as you know, misery love company!

I don’t know everywhere you’re going

But I know who you are.

You shine bright, with such beautiful light

Reflecting the path of your star.

And I am but a distant soul that pleads,

Just another heart that bleeds,

To hold you for awhile.

I need not a single material prize,

To be with you forever.

No food to take, just the love you make,

I would need nothing else ever!

And those things that your heart needs,

Are my heart’s desire, and in return you inspire,

By the magic of just your smile.

I am but, in your hands, the clay,

to shape your way, so take me!

Let me fill your heart’s longing, as you fill mine.

And I’d need nothing but each breath I take

and you!

Delene

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad you put it into words. For a long time I've felt that I have know Gerry my whole life, but you are right about one thing. If we could draw or compose who we would want to be with Gerard Butler has all the qualities. I hope Hollywood never changes him, because I think we all see such a beautiful soul and something so deep in him that we can not help but love his acting and him.Alas, we can only love from afar, and enjoy his movies and interviews, but just to meet him one time would be my only wish that could see me to the grave. I'm so glad we have Gerard Butler Gals so I can feel apart of what is going on in his life, but the charities make it all seem reasonable for being a 60 years old woman lusting after a 39 year old man who could be her son is scarey. I always thought people who carried on about actors, singers, etc needed a life, but I have one and I'm still waiting for the next movie or the next interview and the chance to be with other gals who adore him also.

Ginny (Sassenach)

I was not sure where to put this, but I thought this was as good a place as any.

I've been trying to analyze lately what it is that I am feeling! I'm a very practical person, but I thought that by now, my fanship for Gerard Butler would have settled in to a calm and dignified stage, sort of like being on "cruise control", but it has not! Instead, it seems to keep getting more intense! That practical side of me has considered therapy, but my new impractical side says "I don't give a fook"! I feel myself changing every day, like some sort of metamorphosis is taking place and I'm helpless to stop it!

I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night with him on my mind! He has inspired things in me that I never thought I would feel, some things that I thought were long dead have been resurrected and intensified to such a degree that it's sometimes very distracting! I fear myself crossing over in to some realm I can't bring myself back from but I'm not sure I'd want to!

I feel I have improved tremendously in all aspects of my life, mentally, physically, creatively, and spiritually. Is not love suppose to be a renewal of spirit and soul, mind and body?

I think in reality he fits what all of us as women want, from the time we are old enough to be attracted to the opposite sex and beyond! It's like I've always loved him even before I knew him! (I actually think that's in a song somewhere) He was set somewhere in my mind, soul and heart a long time ago and I knew I would know him when I saw him!

So he kindly and generously gives of himself to each of us in scattered increments, with all the pictures, the come hither gazes in to the camera, his love for his fans and how he hugs us when we are there with him and he hugs us when we are not! He gives us back his love, all that he can. If he has a personal love life, we don't see it, he keeps it hidden from us so as not to break our hearts!

For now, I'll go along as I am doing, forming and molding some new existance out of the old one. Getting use to my new perspectives on things and the resurrection of some old ones! I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me and at the same time, I could look at him and tell him in the same breath how much I adore him and "hate" him for entrapping my heart like this and that I don't have him tangible, to hold, to show him how I feel! I know I'm not alone in that sentiment here and Gerry would be the first one to tell you to "stop talking about it and bring it on!"

Of course that practical side says he's only what I've made him up to be in my mind. He just planted the seed and it has grown to the proportion it has by my own ideals. How much of him that I cannot see or know about him personally, would not fit that ideal? That's the reality of it afterall. So as long as I only know him distantly, I can keep my own idealistic love for him intact.

To understand what true love would be like, for myself, if the object of my love was obtainable, would be to have no desire for anything else in the world than to be with that person. I had never experienced that kind of rationale until now, but I certainly can understand it.

So thanks for letting me vent my feelings. Go ahead and feel free to express yours too. I'm in such undeniable sweet misery and as you know, misery love company!

But I know who you are.

To hold you for awhile.

To be with you forever.

and you!

Delene

I always thought people who carried on about actors, singers, etc needed a life, but I have one and I'm still waiting for the next movie or the next interview and the chance to be with other gals who adore him also.

Ginny (Sassenach)

I am not for want of anything, materially that is. We could all use more money right now, but my point is I could do with so much less to be in love with someone and have them in my life that made me feel like this. But your point is exactly what I'm saying. We had lives before Gerry and he didn't give us a life, he simply enhanced the ones we have!

D

Agreed!

I always thought people who carried on about actors, singers, etc needed a life, but I have one and I'm still waiting for the next movie or the next interview and the chance to be with other gals who adore him also.

Ginny (Sassenach)

I am not for want of anything, materially that is. We could all use more money right now, but my point is I could do with so much less to be in love with someone and have them in my life that made me feel like this. But your point is exactly what I'm saying. We had lives before Gerry and he didn't give us a life, he simply enhanced the ones we have!

D

But I know who you are.

To hold you for awhile.

To be with you forever.

and you!

Delene

Ladies you couldn't be so more right.He has enhanced are lives I believe for the better.You wake up anticipating the best.The mundane things will always be there but now you have something to look forward to,you give pause,you smile,you're amused.He mystifies you.I was sitting around one night and I took his name and found the best superlatives I could come up with to describe him.

Gallant

Evocative

Rare

Alluring

Rugged

Desired

Jovial

Amorous

Masculine

Erotic

Sensuous

Brainy

Unique

Tantalizing

Lively

Engaging

Romantic

Edited by dairyqueen

My Gawd! What kind of a mood was I in! I sound like Rose from Two and Half Men! I think I'll take myself and slink back over the balconey rail now!

:wave:

Rose

P.S. But I'm glad to see I'm not alone!

My Gawd! What kind of a mood was I in! I sound like Rose from Two and Half Men! I think I'll take myself and slink back over the balconey rail now!

Rose

Delene~

You are not alone, as you can tell, and you have a way with words (and, by the way, Rose from Two And A Half Men has been in two movies with Gerry!). Many of us share your feelings and Gerry has had the same affect on us. I'm sure many of the more seasoned fans have read what you wrote and thought, "Oh yeah. I remember feeling that so strongly!"

Gerry unwittingly changes lives and makes them better. He converts us from empty, hollow girls to women with hearts full of passion and creativity. All because he penetrates whatever we've put up around our hearts with ease, class and humor.

It's been a little over a year for me, and I ain't slowing down any time soon. I'm right there with you, even if I don't say as often as I used to.

:hearts:

Lisa

Rose

Delene~

You are not alone, as you can tell, and you have a way with words (and, by the way, Rose from Two And A Half Men has been in two movies with Gerry!). Many of us share your feelings and Gerry has had the same affect on us. I'm sure many of the more seasoned fans have read what you wrote and thought, "Oh yeah. I remember feeling that so strongly!"

Gerry unwittingly changes lives and makes them better. He converts us from empty, hollow girls to women with hearts full of passion and creativity. All because he penetrates whatever we've put up around our hearts with ease, class and humor.

It's been a little over a year for me, and I ain't slowing down any time soon. I'm right there with you, even if I don't say as often as I used to.

:hearts:

Lisa

Thank you so much for the sentiment, Lisa! So, I'm still in some "honeymoon" phase with my fandom, heh? Well, I have no basis of comparison so I'll take your word for it! I think he's reversed that conversion for me, however. I feel more like a girl sometimes then a mature, level headed woman! I'm like "Benjamin Button"! I'm going backwards, (emotionally that is)!

I used to have the passion and creativity many years ago and it has come back through Gerry! It was always there, I guess, just needed that spark of inspiration! He's definately my muse! It feels good and I hope I never loose it again! Then the cherry on the sundae is you GALS to lend your friendship, support and your understanding! It's been truly a gift twofold, thanks to both GALS and our darling Gerry! I hope to meet you and many of the other GALS someday, as well as Gerry of course!

Love,

Delene

P.S. I did not know that about the actress that plays Rose! I think she's adorable! What movies was she in with Gerry?

P.S.S. In the future, Lisa, try not to use the word, "penetrate" when you're talking about what Gerry "does" to us! I get all down in the gutter!

:heat:

D

He makes me feel like a teenager with a crush. I fantasize about meeting him somehow, not just for an autograph or a picture, but a meeting where we actually could talk and get to know each other. I know it will never happen, but it’s an outlet for my feelings. I’m married, so I try not to go too far with these fantasies, maybe just a big bear hug and a kiss . . . . :drool1:

I really do think he and I could be incredibly good friends. I think we would get along great, if I could ever get past my crush.

:)

He makes me feel like a teenager with a crush. I fantasize about meeting him somehow, not just for an autograph or a picture, but a meeting where we actually could talk and get to know each other. I know it will never happen, but it’s an outlet for my feelings. I’m married, so I try not to go too far with these fantasies, maybe just a big bear hug and a kiss . . . . :drool1:

I really do think he and I could be incredibly good friends. I think we would get along great, if I could ever get past my crush.

:)

Being married doesn't stop me! If I told my husband I was gonna take a quick little trip to Phlly and fulfill my fantasies, he'd tell me to bring him back one of those famous Philly Cheese/Steak sandwiches!

As far as getting past any crush, I think where Gerry is concerned, he seems to have a way about him to pull you down off your cloud for a moment and calm your girlish twitterings! It would be the aftermath of such an encounter that one would have to come to terms with!

D

She was in Shooters and The Cherry Orchard. :)

I guess I should explain what I meant. Yes, Gerry makes me feel like a giddy schoolgirl, including writing his name over and over when I'm distracted, etc. No doubt about that. But at the same time, and I don't know how the hell he does this, he makes me feel like more of a woman than any real-life man ever has.

I can't explain it, but like the man himself, the feelings he evokes are unexplainable.

GB Phanatic let me let you in on a secret - not everyone gets Gerry and when they do it hits them like a lead balloon. I know before 300 to me he was just a decent looking actor but once I allowed myself to be drawn hook line and sinker into Gerry's world it changed me forever - those closest to me say for the worse I personally think for the better.

I don't care if people think I'm a loon for saying I'd give up everything to just meet another man with all his qualities that I have grown to love so much about him. People/things come into your life for a reason and I know Gerry has got me through some dark moments recently.

If you read what havings Gals is all about then I defy any of us not to have gone through each stage. It has been nearly 2 years for me and it doesn't feel like it is slowing down anytime soon.

I have my real life and my Gerry fantasy life and I aint hurting anybody. :funnyup:

Moira

I don't think its ever going to go away this wonderful condition called GALS.Most of my waking moments are spent wondering and pondering something about him(POTO blaring in the background)I don't want him to finish filming here I want it to go on forever.I never want him to leave just knowing he's so close gives me fits,but I have to maintain some semblance of normalcy :wuv:

GB Phanatic let me let you in on a secret - not everyone gets Gerry and when they do it hits them like a lead balloon. I know before 300 to me he was just a decent looking actor but once I allowed myself to be drawn hook line and sinker into Gerry's world it changed me forever - those closest to me say for the worse I personally think for the better.

I don't care if people think I'm a loon for saying I'd give up everything to just meet another man with all his qualities that I have grown to love so much about him. People/things come into your life for a reason and I know Gerry has got me through some dark moments recently.

If you read what havings Gals is all about then I defy any of us not to have gone through each stage. It has been nearly 2 years for me and it doesn't feel like it is slowing down anytime soon.

I have my real life and my Gerry fantasy life and I aint hurting anybody. :funnyup:

Moira

Thanks Moira! That means so much coming from you! You're always the voice of such sound reason! I'm feeling better and better about my own "lunacy" now! Still wish I could get Gerry's "chest hair" though! :funnyup:

D

I totally agree with everyone of you on GALS. I didnt even know who Gerry was until I watched PSILY and yes I was hit between the eyes with that lead balloon. Immediately after picking myself up off the floor, I jumped onto the internet and searched for all things Gerry hence finding you GALS. Gerry has helped me in so many ways, in more ways than I can express. I must admit, I do daydream more often or go around work singing songs from PSILY & POTO to myself which I would have never done before.

My 2 boys just laugh at me and roll their eyes when I am watching, reading or listening to all things Gerry, but my eldest did say to me not long ago, I am not sad anymore like I use to be. So thank you Gerry for igniting the flame in this soul again. You have helped me through some really rough times in recent and there are still a few more hurdles to get past later in the year. Also I have to thank you all the GALS for your threads as I have cried, laughed, felt your pain and sorrow but you and Gerry have given me my life back.

My 2 boys just laugh at me and roll their eyes when I am watching, reading or listening to all things Gerry, but my eldest did say to me not long ago, I am not sad anymore like I use to be. So thank you Gerry for igniting the flame in this soul again. You have helped me through some really rough times in recent and there are still a few more hurdles to get past later in the year. Also I have to thank you all the GALS for your threads as I have cried, laughed, felt your pain and sorrow but you and Gerry have given me my life back.

That's what he does, Sally. Same for me; same for many of us.

We're glad you're here, too!

:hugs:

Lisa

D you said it so beautifully.

I'm speechless, in awe and admiration of my fellow GALS who can actually get their words out.

My life has been very cloudy & dark for almost 9 months now. Following my birthday I was laid off. GALS & Gerry have kept me going. I'll pop in PSILY more often than not simply because it is very sweet, romantic, light & airy. Oh by no means does it mean I don't like any of his other films. I fell asleep one night to POTO soundtrack on iPod & came up with ideas for a siggy. Beachie ended up making me two.

I'll keep one tab open for email, one for GALS, and one for job hunting. Being here & around my GALS makes my day a bit brighter.

Heck my phone rings every single day because two GALS have my number & call every day.

I love it when my cell phone is about to die.

We talk Gerry, we talk life, we talk out our problems.

I admit I go to therapy, I don't think she understands how much GALS means to me & how supportive everyone is of each other & we all share the passion for the talented Gerry.

See my words aren't quite as grand as D's.

I'd be most honored to meet him. I know it'll happen one day but I wish sooner than later.

I didn't realize he was in ROF. I did see that in theatres. DF & TRCOFL (aka TR2) I saw through Netflix.

Timeline was one through Netflix (I think). That's what hit me and hit me HARD.

Only reason I didn't take to POTO was not because of him. I've seen POTO on stage twice & remember hearing the soundtrack to the original London cast in choir in middle school. They changed the lyrics & how the movie played out. It only took two times, 3rd time was a charm & I couldn't stop watching POTO. I can toss it in now and walk away & be quoting it & singing it while in other parts of the house. Heck I've walked outside with only the storm door shut and walked down to the mailbox and back still singing & come inside & I'm right with the movie :lol:

I remember seeing POTO on stage the 2nd time and I was pleased to be there but when I went back to my hotel room I just shook my head and said to myself "Personally I prefer the movie."

My heart is waiting on Timeline which I should be getting next week.

My dad thinks I'm funny. I'm always watching Gerry flicks when he calls me. I'll check out WalMart every Saturday looking for a movie of his that I don't have in the bargin bin.

I'm now getting on youtube & watching interviews & having a good laugh. I don't have any magazines with him in them and never requested an autograph through the mail (yet).

Nope my words are nearly as profound as D's.

Ok I'll stop my babbling. *giggles*

Gerry had me in May 2008 with PSILY! This past weekend I found myself totally wrapped up in him and I love it because it's so relaxing and fun :) To date I have 14 of his films and I keep adding! What started as a "Gerry Wish List"for when I landed my first teaching job doesn't exist anymore because I've bought them all! I continually fall in love with him again all the time!

April

Hi Sapphyre

Don't take this the wrong way and I hope "therapy" is working for you on your other issues but if you get so much love and support from Gals/Gerry and it makes you alot happier in life maybe we are the best therapy money can't buy :wave: .

A therapist wouldn't understand your "need" for Gerry/Gals. All it is is an obsession in their eyes and a gap fill for other thing lacking in your life. I get told that all the time by people who feel I should concentrate my efforts on a "proper" bloke.

I'm not kidding myself but I would love to just once since I got into all things Gerry back in early 07 to meet a bloke who makes me feel the way Gerry does and get that heart beating fast. I walk down the street and very few men make me look twice.

Damn you Gerry :tantrum:

Moira

I agree with you Moira. Gerard's qualities are very hard to find in a man. I'm not looking for that certain someone conciously but in my heart I would love to meet a man that ticks those boxes. Compassion, love, kindness, graciousness, great sense of silly humour and so tall and handsome. Where the heck am I going to find a man like that?!!! In my dreams I guess.... :wave:

Unfortunately Gerry is one of a kind! And for us singles GALS I dont think anyone will ever come close to ticking all the Gerry boxes (bugger). I have been looking but nothing has hit me between the eyes with that lead balloon like Gerry did. So until I do find my own Gerry (doubt it) I will keep on watching my movies, catching up on all the goss and happens on GALS and reading magazines and articles on the one who has really captured my heart, mind and soul.

Sally

Honestly, there are some therapists out there who do understand that Gerry fills a void. Not most, but there are some that do. And you don't even have to mention him to any therapists! LOL

I'm also in the category of single women who will never find anyone that will measure up to the barre that's been set by Gerry. But, it's a starting point and you just have to go down from there. What a sad thing to say. I feel sorry for the poor bastard that ends up with me! :lol:

Lisa