Gerard Butler GALS

MY LOVE FOR GERRY GROWS ON

GBPhanatic

I'm with Moira on the therapist. I've had two in my life during some pretty low times and both did more harm than good. It seemed like they were more bent on just collecting their fees. However, everyone is individual. Don't misunderstand me in this regard as sometimes, in serious situations, psychotherapy is warranted. It might be a case of finding just a better one.

As far as Gerry in concerned, he can fill my "gaps" anyday! I don't need a therapist to tell me what I already know or try to talk me down off of any ledge. I've got these wonderful women here to do that and Gerry gave them to me too!

There is nothing more "therapeutic" then feeling like you belong to something, that you are not isolated in your thoughts and feelings and that you are surrounded by other like minds and that you have an outlet for your feelings where people understand. It's a miraculous thing!

I often think about what Gerry would think of all of this if he knew the impact he has had on us! He might not understand it but hopefully he would feel good about it and not feel like we hold him to some unrealistic standard that no human being could live up to. Quite the contrary. He reinforces in us that people are all flawed, and just human and struggling to find their own place in the world.

The fact that he is extraordinarily handsome and sexy beyond belief, is an attracting factor, but that's all that it is and if there would have been nothing more than that, I would have lost interest long ago had I not seen the soul of the man. That's what makes him so pairfect, actually. I admire many people, but I believe that it is very important for us, as women, to feel like women too and no one brings out the "woman" or "girl" for that matter, in me like Gerry does!

Love,

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little bit to add to all the wonderful insights and expressions of love for Gerry. I am fast approachng my 65th birthday and I can't believe I am saying this, but I don't mind!! I have been

in and out of depression most of my adult life, and therapy has given me insight, but seldom the

courage to make necessary changes. I have been married for 43 years, have 3 great daughters

and 2 beautiful grandaughters. My husband is a dear man, but the older we grow, the more "apart"

we have become. Just not a good match, but definitely loyal to one another. For 30 years I weighed

well over 200 lbs, and it was my indulgance, and the only "power" I felt I had over myself. My kids

were grown, and my grandkids were in school, and my cousin who was like a sister was dying of

cancer.

Then in Feb. '05 I finally got around to going to see POTO, and my life CHANGED forever!! I don't

need to repeat all the story, except that my first GB gathering was for the opening of B&G in

Vancouver B.C. and I coerced my daughter into driving us the 400 miles north to meet some of

the GB fans. WELL, in my wildest dreams, did I think I would be meeting the G Man himself!!

But it did happen, exactly 3 years ago today, and that sealed the deal--my Phantom "son" is

as much a part of me as anyone I know. I loved him then, and I love him now. It is a special

kind of love, more as the son I never had, and many either think I am crazy or lying. Now

I will admit I feel "lust" for his characters, honest to goodness, LUST. But Gerry's place in my

heart and soul just is what it is!!

No more therapy, I have stopped all antidepressents, I have lost 70 lbs over two years, and I feel

GOOD. I still have a lot of "ups and downs" but I have Gerry's beautiful smile (and the smiles of

my beautiful grandaughters who of course, are GB fans and know about's Grandma's affection for

the man.) All in all, I feel better, and I am HAPPY and CONTENT to be who I am.

Anyway, I thought today on my 3rd "Gerryversary" I would share my little story. The siggy I have

up today is one I made 2 years ago--took me hours to make, but was a true labor of love as I am

about as artistic as a flea.

Lastly, I want to thank each and every one of you, here on this thread and all the GALS for giving

me a place to come to "share the love" for Gerry and for each other.

HUGS,

Judy

Edited to add clickable thumbnail of the siggy I mentioned

Posted Image

Edited by mommaduck

What a lovely post that is, Judy. Thanks for sharing what a positive impact this all has had on you. Congratulations on your awesome weight loss. Such a true testament to your determination and indomitable spirit. I'm so excited for you.

:hugs: to you, sweetie!

Jilly :rose:

Awww, momma! What an inspirational story. I constantly amazes me the impact one man has had on us.

Congratulations on your ever evolving journey. And thank you for sharing it and yourself with us!

:wuv:

Judy, you are truely an inspiration to everyone. I am not sure if he does lurk the pages of our threads, but if he does, I hope he does get a kick out of them and an understanding of what he has done for a bunch of great women from all parts of the world.

Sally

Just a little bit to add to all the wonderful insights and expressions of love for Gerry. I am fast approachng my 65th birthday and I can't believe I am saying this, but I don't mind!! I have been

in and out of depression most of my adult life, and therapy has given me insight, but seldom the

courage to make necessary changes. I have been married for 43 years, have 3 great daughters

and 2 beautiful grandaughters. My husband is a dear man, but the older we grow, the more "apart"

we have become. Just not a good match, but definitely loyal to one another. For 30 years I weighed

well over 200 lbs, and it was my indulgance, and the only "power" I felt I had over myself. My kids

were grown, and my grandkids were in school, and my cousin who was like a sister was dying of

cancer.

Then in Feb. '05 I finally got around to going to see POTO, and my life CHANGED forever!! I don't

need to repeat all the story, except that my first GB gathering was for the opening of B&G in

Vancouver B.C. and I coerced my daughter into driving us the 400 miles north to meet some of

the GB fans. WELL, in my wildest dreams, did I think I would be meeting the G Man himself!!

But it did happen, exactly 3 years ago today, and that sealed the deal--my Phantom "son" is

as much a part of me as anyone I know. I loved him then, and I love him now. It is a special

kind of love, more as the son I never had, and many either think I am crazy or lying. Now

I will admit I feel "lust" for his characters, honest to goodness, LUST. But Gerry's place in my

heart and soul just is what it is!!

No more therapy, I have stopped all antidepressents, I have lost 70 lbs over two years, and I feel

GOOD. I still have a lot of "ups and downs" but I have Gerry's beautiful smile (and the smiles of

my beautiful grandaughters who of course, are GB fans and know about's Grandma's affection for

the man.) All in all, I feel better, and I am HAPPY and CONTENT to be who I am.

Anyway, I thought today on my 3rd "Gerryversary" I would share my little story. The siggy I have

up today is one I made 2 years ago--took me hours to make, but was a true labor of love as I am

about as artistic as a flea.

Lastly, I want to thank each and every one of you, here on this thread and all the GALS for giving

me a place to come to "share the love" for Gerry and for each other.

HUGS,

Judy

Good for you, Judy! Now if I could just get my sister off of all of her anti depressants! Believe me, I don't see any benefit!

The siggy's awesome!

Love,

D

I love this thread,all of the testimonies are really a testament to what a powerful impact this man has had on us all.I love most of all the fact that we can come to together and open up about our feelings.GALS is such a classy site,with strong classy ladies.I really fell like we are a fanmily.I have made some good connections and look forward to it each and every day. :grouphug:

Tanya

I was not sure where to put this, but I thought this was as good a place as any.

I've been trying to analyze lately what it is that I am feeling! I'm a very practical person, but I thought that by now, my fanship for Gerard Butler would have settled in to a calm and dignified stage, sort of like being on "cruise control", but it has not! Instead, it seems to keep getting more intense! That practical side of me has considered therapy, but my new impractical side says "I don't give a fook"! I feel myself changing every day, like some sort of metamorphosis is taking place and I'm helpless to stop it!

I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night with him on my mind! He has inspired things in me that I never thought I would feel, some things that I thought were long dead have been resurrected and intensified to such a degree that it's sometimes very distracting! I fear myself crossing over in to some realm I can't bring myself back from but I'm not sure I'd want to!

I feel I have improved tremendously in all aspects of my life, mentally, physically, creatively, and spiritually. Is not love suppose to be a renewal of spirit and soul, mind and body?

I think in reality he fits what all of us as women want, from the time we are old enough to be attracted to the opposite sex and beyond! It's like I've always loved him even before I knew him! (I actually think that's in a song somewhere) He was set somewhere in my mind, soul and heart a long time ago and I knew I would know him when I saw him!

So he kindly and generously gives of himself to each of us in scattered increments, with all the pictures, the come hither gazes in to the camera, his love for his fans and how he hugs us when we are there with him and he hugs us when we are not! He gives us back his love, all that he can. If he has a personal love life, we don't see it, he keeps it hidden from us so as not to break our hearts!

For now, I'll go along as I am doing, forming and molding some new existance out of the old one. Getting use to my new perspectives on things and the resurrection of some old ones! I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me and at the same time, I could look at him and tell him in the same breath how much I adore him and "hate" him for entrapping my heart like this and that I don't have him tangible, to hold, to show him how I feel! I know I'm not alone in that sentiment here and Gerry would be the first one to tell you to "stop talking about it and bring it on!"

Of course that practical side says he's only what I've made him up to be in my mind. He just planted the seed and it has grown to the proportion it has by my own ideals. How much of him that I cannot see or know about him personally, would not fit that ideal? That's the reality of it afterall. So as long as I only know him distantly, I can keep my own idealistic love for him intact.

To understand what true love would be like, for myself, if the object of my love was obtainable, would be to have no desire for anything else in the world than to be with that person. I had never experienced that kind of rationale until now, but I certainly can understand it.

So thanks for letting me vent my feelings. Go ahead and feel free to express yours too. I'm in such undeniable sweet misery and as you know, misery love company!

I don’t know everywhere you’re going

But I know who you are.

You shine bright, with such beautiful light

Reflecting the path of your star.

And I am but a distant soul that pleads,

Just another heart that bleeds,

To hold you for awhile.

I need not a single material prize,

To be with you forever.

No food to take, just the love you make,

I would need nothing else ever!

And those things that your heart needs,

Are my heart’s desire, and in return you inspire,

By the magic of just your smile.

I am but, in your hands, the clay,

to shape your way, so take me!

Let me fill your heart’s longing, as you fill mine.

And I’d need nothing but each breath I take

and you!

Delene

You've put this "misery" in an understandable venue! What is it about this man that turns the practical, the sensible, the intelligent, the common sensical - into complete whack jobs? You cannot imagine what goes through my head every day, this man consumes every fibre of me - his face, his voice, his body, his spirit, his humor. If God wanted me to write down a recipe for my perfect man, for the one I could spend the rest of my life with, wake up every morning smiling at, going to sleep every night making love to - the man I want to take care of, adore, cherish and love for the rest of my life, it would be the shortest recipe in the box - Gerard Butler.

To give you an example of how bad I have it for this man, I just bought the wedding ring he wore in Nim's Island from a prop broker in LA. I have the authentication from the studio that the ring is the real thing. Won't tell a soul what I paid for it, but its worth every cent and more. I have something he wore! By the way, he has big hands - this ring is a size 11. Take a guess where it's going! Right on my left hand, wherever I can make it fit. It will be a part of me because it was a part of him.

Am I bordering on stalker? Teenybopper? Whacko? None of the above. Only the other GBGals would understand what to others appears to be insanity. "Why are you so far away?" she said. "Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you - you, soft and only, you, lost and lonely, you, strange as angels, dancing in the deepest oceans, twisting in the water, you're just like a dream". (R. Smith, The Cure)

I love this man for giving me joy and a reason to smile a thousand times during the day. Consider my standard for men set very, very high. LOL

Just a quick "thank you" for all the lovely comments on my post. I really wanted to share my long

term feelings with you here. Bonnielass--nobody here will think anything (except maybe a bit of

pure envy) for you paying whatever you did for the ring! I am glad you have it and can enjoy it.

Did you hear how much Gerry Kennedy's blue jeans garnered for charity at last year's GALS CON?

Ask Knight Phantom about that one!!

Let's keep this discussion going!! Thanks again.

Hugs,

Judy

Bonnielass

Yep you have it bad and hey we are all stalkers of Gerry in our mind as he is pretty much hard to forget or get rid of once you "let him in" :funnyface:

If people think your insane just tell them there are at least 6,000 others in the same boat here thinking the same thoughts :funnyup:

If you are lucky enough to meet him that is the telling point - for some it all begins to make sense, brings a bit of normality back to your life and leaves you with some amazing memories and the hope you may be lucky enough to see him again - maybe its the realisation he aint gonna wisk you off like a Knight in Shining Armour ha ha and you are brought back down to earth with an almighty bump :funnyup:

Its hard when you know he is in a specific place and you are torn between wanting to feed your own needs as we all know you can never get enough of the man and knowing when maybe less is more. Gerry is so kind and considerate to his fans but even he will eventually start to think "has she not seen my ugly mug enough already" :funnyup:

It takes alot of willpower to stay away and I know if and when Burns happens I think my own selfish needs will have to go on back burner as I respect Gerry too much to constantly show up at his place of work. I'm not saying I wont go along once to see what is going on and hopefully get to see him but if I do see him lots it will be because I've bumped into him out and about. I've been lucky enough to see him at TIFF last September, the Globes in January and even I worry if I see him again he will start to think "she gets everywhere" :funnyup:

Moira :wave:

Just a quick "thank you" for all the lovely comments on my post. I really wanted to share my long

term feelings with you here. Bonnielass--nobody here will think anything (except maybe a bit of

pure envy) for you paying whatever you did for the ring! I am glad you have it and can enjoy it.

Did you hear how much Gerry Kennedy's blue jeans garnered for charity at last year's GALS CON?

Hugs,

Judy

Gerry asks :hmm: ," :pants: " In Deb's closet, where else!

So there you have it Bonnielass. It was one of the best moments of my life, so I fully get it! Wear the ring proudly!

Hugs,

Judy

Gerry asks :hmm: ," :pants: " In Deb's closet, where else!

So there you have it Bonnielass. It was one of the best moments of my life, so I fully get it! Wear the ring proudly!

One of my favorite Vegas '08 memories was seeing the look on your face when you won, Deb. Truly priceless.

Okay - perhaps not technically priceless but totally cool to witness nonetheless. :lol:

I know I've said it, but thanks again, Judy, for sharing with us the positive impact this fandom of ours can have on our lives.

:hugs:

One of my favorite Vegas '08 memories was seeing the look on your face when you won, Deb. Truly priceless.

Okay - perhaps not technically priceless but totally cool to witness nonetheless. :lol:

Jilly, I wish I could have seen the look on my face. It is all such a blur! The first thing I remember is Spot whispering in my ear, "Come on, this needs a celebratory smoke!!" And her leading me outside.

GALS Con: $250

Winning bid: $1000

Having Gerry's pants forever: Priceless

Edited by Knight Phantom

Jilly, I wish I could have seen the look on my face. It is all such a blur! The first thing I remember is Spot whispering in my ear, "Come on, this needs a celebratory smoke!!" And her leading me outside.

And THAT is what they call, a memory to last a lifetime.

*tries to wipe grin off face*

Oh well, it appears to be stuck at the moment. :kisswink:

Hey Knight Phantom

I'm sorry you had to pay that much but it was a duel to the death :funnyup: and the money I saved got me to TIFF where I had my most amazing Gerry moment so I should really thank you :yay::kiss:

Moira

Hey Knight Phantom

I'm sorry you had to pay that much but it was a duel to the death :funnyup: and the money I saved got me to TIFF where I had my most amazing Gerry moment so I should really thank you :yay::kiss:

Moira

I am so glad I could be of help. Anything for a sister GAL to get her Gerry moment! :cunning:

I'm not sorry. Every penny was well spent! Too bad I can't do it again. (unless the money fairies take pity on me)

:kiss: backatcha!

I was not sure where to put this, but I thought this was as good a place as any.

I've been trying to analyze lately what it is that I am feeling! I'm a very practical person, but I thought that by now, my fanship for Gerard Butler would have settled in to a calm and dignified stage, sort of like being on "cruise control", but it has not! Instead, it seems to keep getting more intense! That practical side of me has considered therapy, but my new impractical side says "I don't give a fook"! I feel myself changing every day, like some sort of metamorphosis is taking place and I'm helpless to stop it!

I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night with him on my mind! He has inspired things in me that I never thought I would feel, some things that I thought were long dead have been resurrected and intensified to such a degree that it's sometimes very distracting! I fear myself crossing over in to some realm I can't bring myself back from but I'm not sure I'd want to!

I feel I have improved tremendously in all aspects of my life, mentally, physically, creatively, and spiritually. Is not love suppose to be a renewal of spirit and soul, mind and body?

I think in reality he fits what all of us as women want, from the time we are old enough to be attracted to the opposite sex and beyond! It's like I've always loved him even before I knew him! (I actually think that's in a song somewhere) He was set somewhere in my mind, soul and heart a long time ago and I knew I would know him when I saw him!

So he kindly and generously gives of himself to each of us in scattered increments, with all the pictures, the come hither gazes in to the camera, his love for his fans and how he hugs us when we are there with him and he hugs us when we are not! He gives us back his love, all that he can. If he has a personal love life, we don't see it, he keeps it hidden from us so as not to break our hearts!

For now, I'll go along as I am doing, forming and molding some new existance out of the old one. Getting use to my new perspectives on things and the resurrection of some old ones! I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me and at the same time, I could look at him and tell him in the same breath how much I adore him and "hate" him for entrapping my heart like this and that I don't have him tangible, to hold, to show him how I feel! I know I'm not alone in that sentiment here and Gerry would be the first one to tell you to "stop talking about it and bring it on!"

Of course that practical side says he's only what I've made him up to be in my mind. He just planted the seed and it has grown to the proportion it has by my own ideals. How much of him that I cannot see or know about him personally, would not fit that ideal? That's the reality of it afterall. So as long as I only know him distantly, I can keep my own idealistic love for him intact.

To understand what true love would be like, for myself, if the object of my love was obtainable, would be to have no desire for anything else in the world than to be with that person. I had never experienced that kind of rationale until now, but I certainly can understand it.

So thanks for letting me vent my feelings. Go ahead and feel free to express yours too. I'm in such undeniable sweet misery and as you know, misery love company!

I don’t know everywhere you’re going

But I know who you are.

You shine bright, with such beautiful light

Reflecting the path of your star.

And I am but a distant soul that pleads,

Just another heart that bleeds,

To hold you for awhile.

I need not a single material prize,

To be with you forever.

No food to take, just the love you make,

I would need nothing else ever!

And those things that your heart needs,

Are my heart’s desire, and in return you inspire,

By the magic of just your smile.

I am but, in your hands, the clay,

to shape your way, so take me!

Let me fill your heart’s longing, as you fill mine.

And I’d need nothing but each breath I take

and you!

Delene

You've put this "misery" in an understandable venue! What is it about this man that turns the practical, the sensible, the intelligent, the common sensical - into complete whack jobs? You cannot imagine what goes through my head every day, this man consumes every fibre of me - his face, his voice, his body, his spirit, his humor. If God wanted me to write down a recipe for my perfect man, for the one I could spend the rest of my life with, wake up every morning smiling at, going to sleep every night making love to - the man I want to take care of, adore, cherish and love for the rest of my life, it would be the shortest recipe in the box - Gerard Butler.

To give you an example of how bad I have it for this man, I just bought the wedding ring he wore in Nim's Island from a prop broker in LA. I have the authentication from the studio that the ring is the real thing. Won't tell a soul what I paid for it, but its worth every cent and more. I have something he wore! By the way, he has big hands - this ring is a size 11. Take a guess where it's going! Right on my left hand, wherever I can make it fit. It will be a part of me because it was a part of him.

Am I bordering on stalker? Teenybopper? Whacko? None of the above. Only the other GBGals would understand what to others appears to be insanity. "Why are you so far away?" she said. "Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you - you, soft and only, you, lost and lonely, you, strange as angels, dancing in the deepest oceans, twisting in the water, you're just like a dream". (R. Smith, The Cure)

I love this man for giving me joy and a reason to smile a thousand times during the day. Consider my standard for men set very, very high. LOL

Ditto on everything you said.Wear that ring proudly.Heck I let him write on one of my favorite coats.DO you think I care.No not at all.His hands are thick and very strong size 11 huh wow.I know that is one purchase that you will treasure forever and always.Good for you!!!

LOL, Knight Phantom & Framolandu, I am pea green with envy! In the Midwest, I'll never meet the man, and we don't have the budget for me to travel to the convention or premieres. (Can't complain too much, we've still got our income!)

However, that said, Gerry's life inspired me to take a risk and follow my heart when my last job disappeared. I'm doing something I really love now and getting paid for it, even if it's not a ton of money. So even long distance, he's transformed my life, lol!

Can someone please tell me what's up for bid next? Tell me when and where! Next to the real thing, I got to get me a little bit of Gerry any way I can! What's wrong with me? He's in Philly for two more weeks! I got the FF on Midwest! :doh:

D

There is a Prop Broker from LA who contacted me and offered some Gerry props but with the Aussie dollars so low I have declined for the moment. I have his details if you need or want them.

Sally

Bonnielass: I am so jealous! Jack is my hero ... how in the world did you get that chance? I live in California and would love to be able to get something Gerry touched! I'm dying.

And honey, whatever you paid for it is SOOOOO worth it!

You can PM me your secret! :D