Sign in to follow this  
becozy

3/1 - LAC Philly filming at Overbrook Farms

from: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/...ring_again.html

Posted on Sun, Mar. 1, 2009

Inqlings: Overbrook Farms starring again

Posted on Sun, Mar. 1, 2009

By Michael Klein excerpt:

Friday night, Law Abiding Citizen director F. Gary Gray used the Overbrook Avenue home of Aaron and Ann Selkow to film violent scenes with Gerard Butler, his character's wife (locally raised actress Brooke Stacy Mills), and their young daughter, played by Ksenia Hulayev. The action was the setup for LAC's plot: Butler's character exacts revenge on the district attorney (Jamie Foxx), who allowed his family's killers to walk.

Gray and his team watched monitors in Aaron Selkow's walk-in closet. The crew "couldn't be nicer," says Selkow, who moved with his wife and 6-year-old daughter into a hotel while set designers turned their green walls gold and moved around their stuff.

"We thought the idea of seeing our house in the film would be neat," he says, adding that they were "happy to make a couple of bucks" for the inconvenience.

Another Overbrook Farms family will lend its house this month to serve as the house of Foxx's character.

Law Abiding Citizen, due in theaters March 26, 2010, did a night shoot Thursday into Friday in Center City. Butler, who was not even working, showed up and took photos with well-wishers. Foxx was spotted in a car with Colm Meaney, who plays a detective.

read the entire article here

Barb

Thanks for adding all these interesting little reports which allow us to have an idea of how filming is progressing.

Thank you for the updates my kind sweet lady...*hugs*

This is going to be an excellent movie! I can't wait to see it!

I love that Gerry showed up seemingly for fans! I'm sure, as a producer, he likes to watch the progress. I just wish I could have been there! :tantrum:

Thanks, Barb, for the continued updates on the movie's progress!

D

It is so interesting to hear how a "movie" is made out of sequence. I like hearing about it. One of my favorite shows was Project Greenlight" on HBO. It ran a few years ago and showed how movies progressed in development.

Could you imagine having "your house" become "Gerry's house"...even if it is just for a few days.... :drool1:

Posted Image Barb...once again!

hugs,

Sue

I'd have trouble just playing his wife...to be that close...would be torturous!!

A big ditto for me as well. I love to hear about Gerry's projects from behind the scenes, getting a sort of inside scoop.

I love hearing these stories I can't imagine him claiming my house he can inconvenience me anytime

My area here in Philly is decent enough lots of cops and politicians.Gerry if you're reading and want a home cooked meal come on over

Thanks Barb!

Really fun to see how this movie is progressing.

Cheryl

My closest friend and I just returned from Philadelphia. We stayed at the Four Seasons and, in typical Gerry Butler fan mode, spent the weekend looking for this gorgeous man just for a picture and an autograph. We left the Ritz Carlton (on Broad, near Market Street where they were filming LAC) on Friday evening and noticed the street was blocked off. Even though we were half in the bag we realized something special was going on. By the time we got up to Market Street, the buzz was that Gerry had put in an appearance, took a few photos with some fans and then left. Needless to say, we were both terribly distraught that we missed him. Nevermind - the quest continues. I will meet this man someday. It's my destiny.

this is very interesting. just like when they filmed here in Hattiesburg for Sachel Pages life story in baseball. they used the country club and fixed like back in 1950/ or 40/'s and a restaurant in a ladys home here too. it was neat to see all this they used tall fern plants to hide stuff that was updated. Thanks for this item Raina Snow