Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
bellawolfe

Titanic on Sunday?

I am attending the Titanic Exhibition on Sunday at the MGM Grande, if anyone else wants to attend i'd love to get a group together!

The monorail will take us over there, so there's no need for a cab or limo etc.

Tickets might be cheaper online, so check it out before you leave!

~Bella

I'm wondering if this is the same exhibition that I saw a few years ago at the Science Center in St louis????It was awesome......it contained artifacts brought up from Titanic, including a piece of the ship's hull.....also there was a wall of ice that was the temperature that the water was that night....you could touch it to see how long you could stand it...what the poor people must have went through......also we were given a replica ticket with the name of a real passenger when we entered...when we got inside, there was a wall with the names of every passenger in alphbetical order, so that you could find "your" name and see if they died or survived...my lady was a cook on the ship and she survived......I'm sure it will be something to see.....well worth your money....

That really does sound interesting. I thought I was going to have to watch the movie again - ugh! I'm one of about 10 people in the world who didn't like the movie - AT ALL! However, being a history freak, I think the exhibit would be wonderful!

Suzie

I would LOVE to go to this -- It was one of the things I was looking at online. Do we have a time to go -- I think I read that the tixs are good for like 24hrs -- you buy them and can go in and out ALL day - not sure. I'm getting a week long monorail tix soo its a go for me if and when - just let me know.

WOOOT WOOOT VEGAS BABY!!! :pointy:

B

For me it all depends on my flight, I have to leave Sunday because I start Pre-Cal on Monday. I am hoping to get a late flight out but we will see.

I'm wondering if this is the same exhibition that I saw a few years ago at the Science Center in St louis????It was awesome......it contained artifacts brought up from Titanic, including a piece of the ship's hull.....also there was a wall of ice that was the temperature that the water was that night....you could touch it to see how long you could stand it...what the poor people must have went through......also we were given a replica ticket with the name of a real passenger when we entered...when we got inside, there was a wall with the names of every passenger in alphbetical order, so that you could find "your" name and see if they died or survived...my lady was a cook on the ship and she survived......I'm sure it will be something to see.....well worth your money....

Very much like that.

I've been to two different exhibits, they have seven that tour and all have artifacts and the giant block of ice. The one in California handed out tickets like Amy described. It's well worth the money, and it's open from some time in the morning until later in the day, so we are bound to find a time appropriate for maximum attendance. :)

~Bella

Sounds really interesting....is this the right one bella? Titanic Vegas

Snap x

Sounds really interesting....is this the right one bella? Titanic Vegas

Snap x

That's the one! :)

~Bella

This sounds like something I would enjoy doing, especially with a group!

I believe this is the same one I saw a few years back at the Science Museum here in Chicago. Really cool exhibit. I'm leaving on Sunday or I would be all over it. I love that stuff.

Cassie

This is definately the exhibit I saw in St Louis....having always been deeply moved by the story of Titanic.....I was esspecially moved after seein these authentic artifacts brought up from Titanic's watery grave...it is sooo worth the money....you guys definately should go.......it will touch you ...I promise.

I would love to be included. Sounds really interesting.

Cheryl

Is someone going to get group tickets or should we just get our own?

I wanna gooooo :tantrum:

I'm thinking I would like to go too. I haven't decided if I'm staying over Sunday yet, but if I do, I would like to join those who are going.

Barbara

Wow,

That sounds really interesting! I'm in!!!! :kisswink: Is anyone looking into doing a group booking?

Raz

Wow,

That sounds really interesting! I'm in!!!! :kisswink: Is anyone looking into doing a group booking?

Raz

I got my ticket when I paid for my flight, so I'm not sure if there is a group rate or not.

I do know it's cheaper to buy them online than at the venue itself.

~Bella

[Ticket Prices

$27.00 General Admission

$25.00 Seniors (65 and over)

$20.00 Children (4 - 12 years)

FREE Children (3 & younger)

$24.00 Locals (with valid id)

*All pricing is plus entertainment tax and service fee Hours of Operation

10 am - 10 pm

with the last admission at 9 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Reservations

For group, VIP or school reservations of 15 tickets or more, please call 702-262-4503 or email iarmenta@prxi.com

I don't know what the group pricing is as I have my ticket [i bought it with my flight] but this might help everyone else. The hours of operation are from 10-10pm so when do we all want to go on Sunday?

~Bella

hmmm- I havent figured out what to do on Sunday yet- This sounds cool!!! I will probably get my ticket there. Keep us posted on what time you all want to meet.

See you all next week!!

Annemarie

hmmm- I havent figured out what to do on Sunday yet- This sounds cool!!! I will probably get my ticket there. Keep us posted on what time you all want to meet.

See you all next week!!

Annemarie

Add me to the list...this is an exhibit I've been dying to see...can't wait!!

Alison

I got a ticket for Delia and Me. I guess we can figure out what time when we all get to vegas.

But, I plan to sleep in after Sat night party he he he

[Ticket Prices

$27.00 General Admission

$25.00 Seniors (65 and over)

$20.00 Children (4 - 12 years)

FREE Children (3 & younger)

$24.00 Locals (with valid id)

*All pricing is plus entertainment tax and service fee Hours of Operation

10 am - 10 pm

with the last admission at 9 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Reservations

For group, VIP or school reservations of 15 tickets or more, please call 702-262-4503 or email iarmenta@prxi.com

I don't know what the group pricing is as I have my ticket [i bought it with my flight] but this might help everyone else. The hours of operation are from 10-10pm so when do we all want to go on Sunday?

~Bella

Anytime is fine with me. I thought about trying to take a gondola ride at the Venetian first, but I think you have to go get a ticket and then show up at the assigned time. I don't know how much time there usually is picking up a ticket and taking the ride.

Tina

Hi Bells,

Deetz and I were planning to go to the Titanic Exhibit....but it certainly would be lots more fun with friends. However....I thought it was at the Luxor....not MGM. Count me and Deetz in.

Hugs, Linda

Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition DetailsHours of operation: Open daily, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Last admission is sold at 9 p.m.

Cost: General admission, $27. Combo tickets for Titanic and Bodies are available for $53 (without the audio tour) and $59 (with the audio tour). Tickets are good for seven days from date of purchase.

Payment options: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express.

Reservations: TBA

Location: Near the intersection of Tropicana Avenue and the Las Vegas Strip, inside the Luxor.

Age/Height/Weight restrictions: TBA

:bump1:

My hairdresser went to this last month and she said it was stunning and to take a coat. In one area the temperature is the same as the passengers experienced, so she says to be prepared.

You can absolutely count me in and I get a senior discount :funnyface:

Suzie