Gerard Butler GALS

Very cute and had to share

annette79

I just had to share this with people that I knew would understnad how impossibly cute this is. I got Phantom of the Opera for Christmas this past year. I have never seen it even though I have wanted to for a long time. Anyway, long story short, I watched it and LOVED it of course. But my little girl who is 2 and a half watched it with me once and watched the WHOLE movie. Most of you will know what that means to have a toddler sit still for that long. For me, that was heaven. To sit and watch this with her. And now she has to watch it every night before bed... even if it is only a little bit. And she has watched it so much that she now sings the songs and calls Gerard her guy. LMAO She is so cute! Okay that is all I really had to say. I just had to share with someone.

Annette, I fully understand. It was my daughter who made me watch Phantom in '05 on DVD that started me on this beautiful love affair. She was 7 at the time. She and I have a very special bond that is Erik.

So I do get it.

It would be so awesome if she were. Everytime she sees him, she gets all hyper and says over and over... "There's the mask... There's the mask... There's the mask!" That is funny! I wish I could put up a viseo of it but I have no idea how to do it.

Annette, what a cute story! I wonder if that qualifies her as Gerry's youngest fan!

Ren

I knew someone would understand. LOL :wuv:

Annette, I fully understand. It was my daughter who made me watch Phantom in '05 on DVD that started me on this beautiful love affair. She was 7 at the time. She and I have a very special bond that is Erik.

So I do get it.

Hi Annette!

Thank you for sharing such a cute story! You might be surprised to learn that over the years, many young children develop an affinity for Gerry's POTO. I recall we had one member whose 5 year old grand daughter was so madly in love with the Phantom, that she HAD to watch the movie every night. She wrote letters to him, and called him "her Erik."

She was so serious about her first love, she learned how to make a video from clips of the movie. I have heard of other children having very strong feelings for the Phantom. One wonders, what is it about that film and that character... even very young children are enchanted by it!

Swannie

Getting a 2 yr old to sit still for that long is amazing. lol I have a 1.5 yr old and a 2.5 yr old and they won't watch POTO(tried it last week) but they will sit still for Nim's Island. Maybe it's just that Gerry gives off this...friendly sort of vibe and kids like it? Just an idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I am lucky as my 5 and 9 year old have watched quite a few of my Gerry movies with me including the POTO and today coming home in the car I had the CD of POTO playing and my 5 year old said to me during Angel of Music "the Phantom is coming Mum". His timing was perfect and priceless.

It is great to see that Gerry can draw an audience in of any age!

Sally

• 5 weeks later...

I posted this in another thread but it belongs here..

I watched POTO with my 9 year-old daughter. Her reaction was shocking; she completely understood the Phantom's feelings and was trying to hide her tears from me. At the end, she burried herself into the blanket and cried. I had to show her the behind the scenes video where they put the thing on Gerry so she could calm down.

I was truly amazed by this expreience and was so proud of her.

I told her: "See that's why mommy loves Gerry Butler so much because he is such a good actor." :D