Gerard Butler GALS
Swansong

Love Letters From the Lair

Posted Image

Monsieur, Mademoiselle and Madame....
On behalf of the Lord of the Lair,
I bid You WELCOME... to "Love Letters From The Lair"
Where "The Music of the Night" never ends....

The Lair thread is about our love for all things POTO. Some ladies post poems, some videos and some just love to talk about the Phantom. It is a place to drool..... to gush.... and to dream!

It is not an exclusive club.... but an INCLUSIVE environment for all lovers of The Phantom of the Opera!

I would like to invite ANYONE who is interested in having their own special Lair name, to let me know.... if you are not sure what you want your name to be.... Myself or the other Lair GALS can suggest something for you. Once you have chosen your name, I would be happy to find the perfect icon for you.

Welcome to all Lair lurkers, Lair sisters, Phantom lovers and GAL Phriends!

Posted Image

(Thanks to Fran for this rendering)

The Royal Kilt Of Death!

Ode to HRH;
The Lord of the Lair
By Debrasue, Maiden of the Mirrors

You know that the
Ladies of the Lair
Adore You...
It is not in our Hearts
To Abhor You..,
And the Truth be known...
We love the beautiful Face we've been shown...
But we're holding our Breath...
because we're apt to be blown
Away by what lies 'neath the
Royal Kilt of Death!

Posted Image

Dear Phantom friends, phans and Gerry lovers. What began as a simple post expressing my love for the Phantom of the Opera as portrayed by Gerry, has transitioned into something unexpected. With so many of us still loving this film after over two years, the thread became a candlelit refuge of hopes, dreams, thoughts, art and poetry...an expression of our appreciation for
Gerry, for ALW's film, and each other.

There have been many threads posted about Phantom, but in the busyness and excitement of our wonderful GALS board, these topics often get lost in the shuffle and drop off everyone's radar. So now we have one central thread, where ALL things Phantom can be shared and expressed among us.... a place where we can relive those special moments, when the Phantom first held out his hand and whispered..."follow me...."

For those of you who are new to this thread, you are also invited to read:

Love Letters from the Lair Part #1

Love Letters from the Lair Part #2

Love Letters from the Lair Part #3

Love Letters from the Lair Part #4

Love Letters from the Lair Part #5

Love Letters from the Lair Part #6

Love Letters from the Lair Part #7

Love Letters from the Lair Part #8

Love Letters from the Lair Part #9

Love Letters from the Lair Part #10

Love Letters from the Lair Part #11

Love Letters from the Lair Part #12

Love Letters from the Lair Part #13
By Debrasue:

Dungeons and Dragons!
Ha! Let them beware...
Dungeons of Black despair...
The Prisons of our Minds...
If you Dare...
Come down to the Lair...
Leave all thoughts of the world you knew behind...
Angels of Music, Angels in Hell...
Opera Ghosts and Phantoms dwell.
The Ladies and Mistresses, Keepers and Guardians of the Master's Secret Fire...
Pursued relentlessly by the Twin Dragons of Passion...'True Love' and 'Lustful Desire'
In this fantasy your roles are quite clear...
for the Phantom's Music and the Angel's voice are all that you hear.
The Ladies of the Lair
Our Kilted Master takes care...
And in return...
We shelter and love the child in Erik in whose heart Beauty does burn.
Role playing fun?
With our beloved Phantom?
Yes!....just a fantasy deem...
No more...No less...
But here I digress...
'Is all that we seem, or dream...
A dream within a dream?'... I guess!

This was Swansong's original post from thread #1:

Posted Image

Our friend and GAL Debrasue, inspired this topic with her beautiful signature, and I posted this in another thread. But I thought I would post it in a new topic, so that more of you could share.

Do you remember when he first carried you away? How did Gerry's Phantom make you feel? How did you respond?

I remember the first time he carried me away. I remember feeling like I had fallen into a dream. I remember feeling the goose bumps rise up on my flesh. I remember the way my chest tightened and my palms sweat. I remember his face first in the mirror; far away and indistinct. I remember his gloved hand as Christine stepped through the mirror's shimmering magical membrane, birthing her into his world. Where she saw what HE wanted her to see, and felt what he made her feel. And then I remember when the camera captures his face and form for the first time.... that face, those eyes, that brow. I remember sitting forward in my chair and clutching my knees. I remember that it was hard to breathe, and that as he led her through the corridor... I wanted to go too. I wanted to be with him, to hear his music, to be touched and loved by him.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I remember watching him tremble when his gloved hand touched her body. I remember the longing, the pain, the mad desire that drove him. I remember his quivering lips, the hope in his eyes.... hope that she would love him. Hope that someone would finally love him. And I remember the gentleness in his voice and expression when he lay her in the bed. How his hand stroked her cheek; the leather glove barely tracing her face... as he looked upon his love, the one he had been dreaming of and yearning for. He might have had her then , he might have used his power over her to take her... but he did not. He walked away, closing her inside the black lace curtain.... and retreated to his music.

I remember the ecstasy on his face when she approached him at the organ, first, caressing his cheek, but then, ripping the mask away to expose his deepest pain. One moment, ecstasy, and the next betrayal.

I Remember the rooftop scene in the snow, when Christine and Raoul pledged their love, while the Phantom looked on from behind the statue... listening to their secrets, watching them kiss like lovers. He stood so silently, a cloaked dark form lurking against the white snow, and you could feel his pain and cold heartbreak, crackling like ice. He watched her...his Christine, in the arms of another man... and I remember how his voice echoed her name after Raoul's. So soft and pleading.... an angel falling to hell.

Christine dropped the red rose... his rose, a symbol of his heart. How easily she discarded it.

Posted Image

I remember the final kiss, as Raoul and Christine left the roof, elated in their confessed love. Emerging from the shadows, the Phantom stooped to the ground and lifted the rose to his face, the petals brushing his cheeks. I remember his eyes cresting with tears, and his nose weeping with the deepest anguish of unrequited love. At first, he held the rose close, as if to cherish it, as if part of her lingered in it's scent... but then his face became a canvas of turmoil. His rejection...his devastation that she did not love him. His wounded heart, his features a portrait of pain. His lips quivered, his eyes narrowed and then, madness rose to the surface with shallow panting breaths....

He crushes the rose between his gloved fingers.... rose petals, like drops of blood falling to the snow. His eyes grow darker as he surrenders to anger, hatred, violence. Like a great black raven, he ascends Apollo's Lyre to call down his curse. The voice, once gentle and pleading.... now a weapon. The black cloak-wings flapping in the wind and swirling snow.

"I gave you my music...made your song take wing..."

I remember the Ball.... the Phantom...a vision of red as he stomps down the staircase. The Phantom... menacing, fully in control , a god of his world. He descends the steps like Satan himself.... an amused smirk on his face, the darkness of his eyes threatening and mesmerizing all at the same time. The dancers gasp and stare, a trail of blood-red velvet follows in his path. I remember staring at the screen...shocked by his power and sensuality.... that mask suggesting a skull, dangerous and alluring.

He makes his way down the staircase, haughty and sarcastic.... a composer, king, royalty from the underworld.

Until he sees her.

Then he is undone.... power is sucked out of him with one look in her eyes.

She is drawn to him as if under a spell.

I was under his spell too. Oh how I wanted her to see it, to understand how much he loved her. To let him love her.

His eyes pleading, his lips quivering with desperate need.... "Return to me... her teacher.... her teacher..."

"No One Would Listen" playing in the background.... my heart was breaking with hope!

They are so close... the only two people in the room, but then he spies the ring, and the enchantment is broken as her chains are broken.

"Your chains are still mine, you belong to me!"

I remember white grinding teeth, a flash of red and smoke, and then the mirrors.... the past.... going back in time. Haunting music swirling like a carousel. The gypsy carnival. Poor Phantom... poor lost little boy. Filthy, half starved, kept in a cage like an animal. The seeds of hatred and violence are seen in the eye-holes of his cruel burlap mask.

How could people do that to a child? Where were his family...his father, his mother?

"A mask....my first....unfeeling scrap of clothing."

"Hide your face so the world will never find you."

Fleeing for his life.... and then the Opera House.

Refuge..... music.

Time passes.....

Christine.

She finds refuge there too. A lost little girl whose heart has been broken by the death of her beloved father.

The angel of music sings to her each night. A connection is formed. The invisible angel watches over her.... and grows to love her.

Impossible love.... but he hopes from the shadows. I already knew the end... but I could not help it, I hoped too, and hung on every word, every sublime heartbreaking and soul slamming moment.

When did he know he loved her as a man loves a woman? When did an angel's watch-care turn to a grown man's passion? When did he reach the point of no return?

He would have her or die.

"Seal my fate tonight..."

I remember Don Juan....

I felt the power of his performance in that scene, viscerally. A man utterly consumed by his passion. Like the flames of fire licking all around the stage, he consumed me... he MADE me feel it. It was Music of the Night with the lacy veil torn away. His feelings were raw....his intentions clear. No disguise, no hiding... he wanted her, and I WANTED him.

I remember feeling stunned that an actor and a movie could make me feel those things.... could draw out of me, my secret feminine self.

I remember Don Juan.... his sexual need and unveiled aggression. Stalking, hungering, lust ... melted away into heartbreaking tenderness when he dared to sing, "Anywhere you go, let me go too...."

Years and years of loneliness, isolation and rejection.... exploding in growling anger, his hatred cast down on the innocent in flame and shattered glass.

His desperation.... his blame of the whole world as he steals her away. To force her to love him, to make her understand.

"Christine.... why? Why?"

Then I remember the kiss.... his first and only kiss. That kiss cost him everything, because it made him realize the true nature of love. That kiss bruised and battered him worse than any weapon could have. Christine's kiss destroyed him, but then... it gave him the power to let go.

I cried when she kissed him, when his face was shiny and wet with tears, saliva trailing from his mouth, his eyes filled with regret..... he knew it was over.

And then I remember the little boy singing to the monkey music box, the lift of his brow... his trembling mouth... his mask torn away and soul stripped bare. The Phantom, lost, bleeding and broken.

Posted Image

"Masquerade.... paper faces on parade...."

And then the smashing of mirrors....

One final look back..... and he is gone, his music gone, his love.... gone.

"It's over now.....the music of the night!"

I remember leaving the theater, groping through a thick fog of his feelings.... and mine. There was pain, there was sadness... but there was also an awakening. I resolved that night, not to let my own dreams and passions die. I lay in bed, as the music floated through my mind, images from the film, as clear as if I were still seated in the theater before the screen.

For months afterward, and even now.... Gerry's Phantom carries me away.

I remember, and I will never forget.

Gerry made him live in my soul.

Please share your own feelings and memories. Share your favorite Phantom graphics (keeping the image guidelines in mind) Share your favorite Phantom related songs and poetry.... or just speak from your heart.

Please note: Due to picture limitations, we had to make some cuts in this post. For the full unedited version of it, please click here:

Part 10, Post #1 unedited version Edited by Swansong

Introducing A Beautiful Tribute Video, by Lairotica.... For All Phantom Lovers, and the Ladies of the Lair.

I Would Like To Introduce The LairGALS:

Some of us have chosen a special name and icon to symbolize
What our Phantom love means to us, and how we would serve
The Lord of the Lair, if given the opportunity.
We know that Erik is a fictional character, but through Gerry's portrayal,
We are living out our dreams and fantasies

Swansong GAL: 'Lady of the Lair, Guardian of the Master's Dreams':

It is my duty and my pleasure to embrace Erik; the Lord of our Lair, in my Swan feathers each night as he sleeps...
To guard and protect him from the nightmarish hell of his lonely childhood... the pain of his memories...
And the heartache of his isolation.
I surround him with radiant songs of heaven... and dreams of wholeness and beauty.

Debrasue GAL:'Maiden of the Mirrors,
Wondering Angel of the Lair'

I wonder...
Do Angels of Music
See the Beauty that We see..
When they gaze upon
Their own reflection?
I wonder...

Erica GAL: 'Lairotica'

The Lord of the Lairs' joys of the flesh. I run to him whenever he beckons.
I am lost in his trance and a slave to his will, I have a gentle hand and a loving gaze.

discoveringme GAL: Jillian, 'Mistress of the Night'

Madamina GAL: 'Phantomina of The Lair,
Guardian of The Phantom's Eyes'
and Keeper of the Sacred Brown Leather Don Juan Triumphant Opera Score Folio of Death

Lady Elissa GAL: Lady Elissa, 'Nightingale of the Lair'

The Nightingale of the Lair adds her harmonies to the Music of the Night
as she serves the Lord of the Lair in his domain.
She brings her spirit of caring and healing to his dark world.

chachababy GAL: Lord of the Lair's, "Mistress of his Roses'

Zeus chose us a King of the Flowers in his mirth...
He would call the Rose, and would royally crown it;
for the Rose, ho, the Rose! is the grace of the earth...

Raina Snow GAL: Lady Amethyst, 'Mistress of the Crystal Cave'

Dawn GAL: Mistress of the Lair, 'Voice of the Morning Light'

Leslie D GAL: Temptress Jordanna of the Lair,
'Teller of Tales, and the Master's Muse'

Ladyfran GAL: Ladyfran of the Lair, "Mistress of the Master's Cherished Violin'

"Beautiful notes float from it's strings,
Caressing like the touch of a lovers hair
Sensual music, an angels touch
Leading the way is the Lord of the Lair....

Poppy GAL: 'Merciful Angel of the Lair'

The Merciful Angel blesses The Lair, with patient watch-care,
Never again will she allow harm to come to The Master, for whom,
Her pure soul bleeds.

Texas gramma GAL: Lady Suzanna, 'Guardian of the Golden Corridor to the Lair'
I guard the privacy of The Master and alert him to intruders.
I maintain the candlelight that illuminates the dark path for the Lord of the Lair."

mommaduck GAL: Judith of the Lair, 'Keeper of the Innocents,
and Guardian of the RoyalPug'

Denied a normal childhood, our Erik always yearned for pet, like any other boy.
While other lads happily roamed the countryside with their faithful dog,
Poor Erik was confined to a gypsy's cage, treated more abominably than any animal.
Keeper of the Innocents, I Judith, care not only for Erik's menagerie of gentle creatures,
But I also administer the healing balm of tenderness and acceptance to his soul.

Ennaedwyn GAL: Ennaedwyn of the Lair, 'Fairy Queen of Life, and the Creative Spirit'

MidnightDiva GAL: Lady Scarlett, 'Guardian of Erik's Heart, and Keeper of the Precious Rose'

Emily GAL: Emily, Innocent Angel of the Lair, and 'The Phantom's Blossoming Rose'

Innocent Angel
by Emily

My soul took flight
For a man dressed in red and black stood on the side of me.
He looked at me as I laid in a swan shaped bed.
His eyes looking at me with a look of innocence.
I looked up at him in silence.
His eyes looked full of desire.
His eyes are what I admire.
His mask was so white.
So radiant and full of light.
He called me a name,"Innocent Angel"
The name was gentle.
The name was what awoke me from my slumber.
But before I could answer,the candles began to flicker.
I could no longer see the Phantom.
But I knew the rose in my heart began to blossom

Aya: Maiden of Creativity-
Guardian and Keeper of all the master's fine art masterpieces,
And his artistic apprentice

Phanphorlife GAL: "Lady Lucia, Guardian of the Evening Light,
And Protector of Erik's Wishing Star"

RoseGirl GAL: Le Petite Rose, "Erik's Prima Ballernia, and Dancer of Dreams"

Lady Iliessa: ~"The Master's Willing Captive "~

phantomluv GAL: ~"Phantom's Fashionista and Designer of his Domain"~

Tracy ~~ Mistress of The Land Of Ghettofabulous Rednecks

Listen to me, Dear One, I pray.
Take your mask and throw it away.
Free your face.
Your beauty embrace.
It is that what makes your different ;
I love the most.
When I see you; I feel I have been visited by a Heavenly host.
The roses with the ribbons are sweet and soft this is true.
Sir, realize their beauty pales compared to you.

Deb (Knight Phantom) ~ Erik's Steadfast Warrior, Protector of the Master's Ring and Writer of Love Letters

My Beloved,

Words cannot express the happiness I felt when you entrusted me to be the Protector of your Ring.

I will remain your Steadfast Warrior and protector, to keep you safe from the cruelties of the world and wrap you in my loving embrace, to see you safely brought back here to the Sanctuary of the Ladies of the Lair.

Le vôtre et le vôtre seul

Sally - Cybersal ~~ The Music box Fairy~ Guardian of his brave and daring soul

Never Alone

Always by your side
A never ending friend,
Music fills your head
A sound that has no end

Brave and daring soul
Hold tight to what we share,
The pain will go away
As our music fills the Lair
Never alone...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/shay...nall0jpgqf9.jpg

Phoenix Gal: Lady Rising from the Ashes. Healer of Erik's Heart; Guardian of his Dreams.

According to legend,
The tears of a Phoenix are said to have healing powers.

Wendy GAL: Lady of the Master's Library, and Guardian of His Mystery

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/We...kwithWindow.gif

Sapphyre:
The Master's Faerie Maiden

GerrysJewel:
Weaver of Warmth Around Our Master's Heart

I would like to invite ANYONE who is interested in having their own special Lair name, to let me know.... if you are not sure what you want your name to be.... Myself or the other Lair GALS can suggest something for you. Once you have chosen your name, I would be happy to find the perfect icon for you.

Welcome to all Lair lurkers, Lair sisters, Phantom lovers and GAL Phriends!

Posted Image

GIFTS AND TALENTS FROM THE LAIR

We have many talented ladies lurking in the lair, and I would like to introduce you to some of their Phantom inspired creations:

Posted Image

Chanson de L'ange Music Video

Chanson de L'ange is a Phantom music video;
With an aria composed and performed by Swansong, orchestrations by Nathan Allen Pinard,
And the haunting video edited and created By Kelli323

This drawing was sent to me, courtesy of our GAL Betts, for whom it was created.
Thank you, Betts, for sharing this Phantom treasure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Lair, a Poem by
by Larotica

His pain was heavy and his heart ached for love,
But no one wanted to be near him, no one wanted to touch,
One day a small group of women came upon this man,
And their hearts ached to comfort him and show him a gentle hand,
Each one had a special purpose, Each one had a special love,
And the master was grateful for all the warmth he was now in possession of,
The numbers grew a little everyday, and like a sisterhood they bonded together to stay,
The Master loved each one and knew that they would be his forever,
Never again would he spend a dark night alone,
Never again would he feel the cold,
For once his lair was dark and damp....
But now the light from each heart of his saviors, shines brighter than a lamp.

Petals In The Snow,
A Poem by Swansong:

Hiding in the shadows, where can the dreamer go?
Love is dying slowly, like petals in the snow

The darkness of the mirror, the candles burning down
The memory of her angel face, a faded wedding gown

A man or a dark phantom, a devil dared to sing
A lonely little boy, with an angel's broken wing

This world was never meant for you
A heart that should have been free
A soul that could have soared so high
Lost in what can never be

The years go by in silence, her voice a distant song
Her music shining in the light, where phantoms don't belong

No one to share your passion, no kiss to light the fire
No soft caress, of flesh, to press desire

A man without a woman, a soul with out a mate
Passion poured into emptiness, can slowly turn to hate

This world was never meant for you
A heart that should have been free
A soul that could have soared so high
Lost in what can never be

If only she had saved you, If only love was blind
If only you reached higher, and left the past behind

But you could never see, the beauty that you are
No mask could take away your pain, or hide the deepest scar

Remember that she loved you, love's precious mingled tears
Let the memory comfort you, and fill the lonely years

All your dreams behind you

A life you'll never know

Love is dying slowly....

Like petals in the snow.

Posted Image

Presenting a wee bit of Phookin' Phunny Phantom Phun Phrom our own Phantomina!
GERRYSOUP TRIUMPHANT!
(Click image twice to read)

Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image

Recently, the LairGALS put together a "love letter" to Gerry from all of us.
This letter will be given to him as part of a fund raising event for the GB Fan Convention, June 9-10 in Las Vegas
Graphic design by madamina.

The Envelope: (click image to enlarge)

Posted Image

The Letter:(click image to enlarge)

Posted Image

Please Enjoy the following "Phantomish" music videos, inspired by the Lord of our Lair, and created by our own LairGALS

By ladyfran:

By Erica:

Swannie

Please note: Due to picture limitations, we have had to remove the individual Lair icons. For the full listing, please see

Thread #10, Post #2 Edited by discoveringme
to add names

Ladies, here is your new Lair thread! Please do not post here until the other thread is closed! Thank you!

Some new images to decorate the new thread:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

Swannie

Hahahaha, Zanes...I'm glad it's you and not me!

I'm re-posting this from the old thread because I think it's AWESOME!!!!!!

OMG, I'm gonna die! Deb, Sally...all you Lair ladies!

----------------------------

DAILY MAIL-BAZ BAMIGBOYE

BAZ BAMIGBOYE on how the new Phantom Of The Opera still has the old magic

By Baz Bamigboye

Last updated at 9:09 PM on 26th March 2009

The Phantom Of The Opera sequel, Love Never Dies, will open in the West End first, rather than on Broadway, the show's composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has decided.

He revealed to this column that London 'will have the edge over everybody', with the show opening at the Adelphi Theatre in late October or early November. (The original Phantom is still running, at Her Majesty's, London, 23 years after opening.)

The composer also told me - as I listened to a full orchestra playing his new score - that he wants Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess, who have developed the roles of the Phantom and his protegee, to originate the roles in London.

Ramin is the current Phantom in London, and Sierra was in a Phantom production in Las Vegas.

The idea is to open Love Never Dies in London, Toronto, New York and Shangai in quick succession. It's a mammoth undertaking that, combined, will cost many millions. Tickets for the Adelphi show are expected to go on sale in late May or early June.

'The Phantom has been so extraordinary in my life - the biggest musical I've been involved with so far. Somehow, after nearly 25 years, to come back to it again, it releases a lot,' Andrew old me, his voice trailing away wistfully.

Rehearsals with three full casts will take place in South-East London from August 17 for three months. Soon after its Adelphi inaugural, it will open at Toronto's Royal Alexandra Theatre and then, around next April, the cast from Toronto will drop down to Broadway - winding up in all likelihood at the Neil Simon Theatre.

Sometime, in the middle of all this, a production of Love Never Dies will open in Shanghai. It's a highly ambitious schedule, such a roll-out around the globe would normally take two years or more.

'Are you nuts?' I asked director Jack O'Brien, who has been working with Andrew, lyricist Glenn Slater and designer Bob Crowley. He laughed wryly: 'Some would think so. I prefer to think of myself as enthusiastic.

'It makes sense, though, rather than spend time doing this over a course of two or three years.'

He added that by rehearsing it all together, all the main casts will have a sense of 'ownership' of the project. However, it's Ramin and Sierra who have been laying down the blueprint.

For much of this week they were to be found at Abbey Road studios with Andrew, his regular recording team, Jack, Glenn, plus a 90-piece orchestra, laying down tracks from Love Never Dies for a concept album that may be released before or after the show opens.

'We don't believe in the recession in here,' the composer joked, as I watched conductor Simon Lee put the orchestra through its paces.

The lavish score will have to be re-adjusted for the stage production, which will feature a much smaller orchestra (probably about 26 musicians).

From what I've heard, it sounds like the best work Andrew has produced in decades. I confess, I didn't know he still had it in him - it's a score of high passion, full of longing and regret.

Director O'Brien noted that the music - and the show's story - are about maturity. 'Not only that, but a vast repository of his [Lloyd Webber's] own life and themes are coming back and being newly re-explored.'

He added pointedly: 'He's not phoning this in - it's all new stuff.'

Indeed, it is a completely different sound to the main melodies in the original Phantom show - however, the composer noted that there are a couple of tiny motifs that will be familiar to the many millions who have seen Phantom on stage or screen.

Love Never Dies finds the Phantom living in a fairground on Coney Island. He is somehow reunited with Christine, now married to Raoul and with a son.

Slater observed that the first Phantom was driven, emotionally, by youthful insecurities. This older Phantom is driven by adult regrets. 'It's about choices and consequences,' O'Brien added. 'This is about the road not taken.'

The director paid tribute to Lloyd Webber's 'passion'.

'It is like the last flowering of a great era of lyric romanticism - the theatre doesn't seem to have that any more.

'No one coming up feels this way, with that passion. And here's a story that no one knows better than he knows. Not only has he produced it, but he's outdone himself.'

Come on, ladies! Let get this lair full of some Erik lovin'

Swannie

Good to see there is still participation in THE LAIR, and another new thread!! I am SO very

happy and excited about LOVE NEVER DIES and I hope it is a huge success. Also, I hope

they do release the music, the sooner the better!! I know I won't be going to New York, London

or Shanghi, but if the show is successful I can hope it comes to the West Coast before I am too

old and decrepit to get there!!

Thanks, Swannie for the article and opening the new thread.

Judith of the Lair, Keeper of the Innocents

and Guardian of the Royal Pug

Posted Image

This is such great news! I don't know if I'll be able to hold out for ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!!

It makes me feel really good to read that Love Never Dies is Andrew's best work in years. Bravo Sir Andrew!

And bravo to the Master for continuing to be the Muse that moves us all...

:jawdrop:

OMG - Since I live an hour and a half from Toronto - if it opens up there - I AM SO THERE and hopefully with other Erik/Phantom lovers with me.

We should really watch this and maybe make a Gathering of our Lair Sisters and all see it in TO. That would be SO much fun. I couldn't think of other people I would like to share this experience with (except my mom and best friend) but others from this board.

I am so excited and I cannot wait to see how ALW pulls the story line and new music together. BRAVO, Andrew!!!

Posted Image

Edited by GerrysJewel

I'm loving it! About regret...a great direction to take. The passion can still be there in a different way. POTO left me wanting more and I am so happy Andrew has put new life into our Phantom. I always felt the story was incomplete. I would like to see what becomes of Erik and ...his passion relived with a more mature Christine.

Sally

After discussing that wonderful article that Swannie gave us yesterday with a friend of mine, he and I decided that when I go see it; I will probably need an ambulance waiting because I will be thoroughly and unabashedly trashed. The image of our poor Erik dealing and living with his regrets is more than I can stand. And God knows I LOVE me some angst!! My good friend Tina has dubbed me an angst whore, a title I wear with pride.

*Sheesh* should we start buying stock in Puffs+ tissues?? I think we're gonna need it!

Deb~ Erik's Steadfast Warrior, Protector of the Master's Ring, Writer of Love Letters

Posted Image

Awww my name isn't amongst the many ....

Did anyone catch what I wrote in the last thread?

I don't write much & I was a bit afraid to post it but I did.

Sapphyre GAL: The Master's Faerie Maiden

Posted Image

Edited by Sapphyre

Thanks Swannie, for the update! I'm getting so excited about this! I'm sure ALW has outdone himself once again! Count me in on the trip to Toronto!

Delene

Mistress of the Master's Black Stallion and

Enchantress of Rhyme

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sapphyre,

If you mean your name is not listed on the main post, I am sorry to say that I have not been adding the new Lair Ladies there because it's a bit hard to edit that post. Every time I try, things go wonky, so I just don't do it anymore. Please don't take that to mean that you are not welcome here.

I did read your poem, but I've been swamped this week... the poem is lovely and I appreciate you trusting us enough to share it with us. I hope you will continue writing whenever you feel inspired.

As to the sequel... I've been reading about it on a Phantom of the Opera board, and it's amazing how many phans are dead set against it. I'm so glad ALW is planning to release a concept album early, because I can't wait to hear the new music!

Swannie

If ALW wants to do a sequel so be it. When, ever, did he have a flop? Sadly I won't be able to see it since traveling is out of my price range & ability.

I hope it goes well. I think it's great he's being a bit risky. Movies get WAY over done on sequels but I'm not big into theatre so I don't think I've heard of sequels in theatre. So I think it could be promising.

Also a lot of people are so bent on the original London stage cast of Brightman & Crawford.

Why do you think I didn't jump on POTO? I actually had to talk to a friend who was an opera singer (minored in it in college?) & she LOVES the stage version & wasn't sure about the movie however she did explain A LOT to me.

Eventually after two watches of POTO I calmed down, also knowing ALW was on hand for ALL of it.

I was able to nit pick from the beginning of the movie when I rented it. I knew what was different especially lyrics & the chandlier crash is in Act 1 not Act 2.

Oddly enough I remembered all that from being in middle school, listening to it in choir followed by my parents taking my sister & I to see it when we lived in Dallas.

When I saw it on stage in Atlanta in 2005 (same year I saw it on DVD) they messed it up there as well following the changes that were done in the movie. I had to grit my teeth & get over it.

So I can understand why people would not want a sequel.

I wouldn't mind just to see how it turns out, but I lack money to travel.

Edited by Sapphyre

Sapphyre,

If you mean your name is not listed on the main post, I am sorry to say that I have not been adding the new Lair Ladies there because it's a bit hard to edit that post. Every time I try, things go wonky, so I just don't do it anymore. Please don't take that to mean that you are not welcome here.

I did read your poem, but I've been swamped this week... the poem is lovely and I appreciate you trusting us enough to share it with us. I hope you will continue writing whenever you feel inspired.

As to the sequel... I've been reading about it on a Phantom of the Opera board, and it's amazing how many phans are dead set against it. I'm so glad ALW is planning to release a concept album early, because I can't wait to hear the new music!

Swannie

Swannie - I will try to edit the post and add the new names. If anyone that is new (or for some other reason, your name isn't listed) wants to have their name added, please post in this thread EXACTLY how you want your name to read, including any fancy text or color that you want to use for your name. I'll do a cut and paste job and make the changes. Remember, please, that we can't add any more graphics to the post. We are limited to 10 for each post so please don't include the graphic.

Don't be discouraged if I don't post it immediately. I'm in the middle of traveling back and forth to California taking care of some family stuff so I've been very limited with my GALS time.

:hugs:

Jilly :rose:

Jillian, Mistress of the Night

Posted Image

Sapphyre - I meant to add in my last post, beautiful job on your words in the last thread. I loved the imagery. :goodjob:

I wish I had the ability to write the way some of you do but I'm so glad you all share your talents with us.

:hugs: to all and don't forget to let me know who wants their names added to the list in the first post. :kisswink:

Jillybean!!!

:hug1:

Aww shucks thanks for the compliment on the writing. It just popped outta nowhere. I'm nowhere near as talented as some of these ladies especially Swannie who makes us weak in the knees especially with the siggy!

Posted Image

PS Sapphyre, The Master's Faerie Maiden is just fine. :)

Edited by Sapphyre

don't forget to let me know who wants their names added to the list in the first post. :kisswink:

I would like my name added to the list: GerrysJewel: Weaver of Warmth Around Our Master's Heart

Thanks!

Posted Image

Edited by GerrysJewel

PS Sapphyre, The Master's Faerie Maiden is just fine. :)

don't forget to let me know who wants their names added to the list in the first post. :kisswink:

I would like my name added to the list: GerrysJewel: Weaver of Warmth Around Our Master's Heart

Thanks!

I've got you both added! If anyone else wants to be included, please just me know. :kisswink:

Jillian, Mistress of the Night

Posted Image

Oh jeez ladies, I was so tired this afternoon, I posted my message in this thread and I really didn't mean to. I don't want to clog up the Lair with book business, so if you wouldn't mind, could you please post your replies here: http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...c=25588&hl=

To all the GALS who are interested in reading my book, Chanson de l'Ange:

Well...I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is, I am working hard on the 2nd draft, the bad news is that after a week of research and disappointments, I have learned that NO POD publisher will print a book more than 300 pages long. My first draft stands at 1,045 pages, so there is no way we can produce the book in a nice thick volume. Our only option is to divide the book up into 4 separate volumes to be printed and sold individually. I realize that is an inconvenience and extra expense for my readers (and to my family), but as of now, it is the only option.

Our plan is to produce the first volume upon completion of the entire final manuscript. With the first volume, we will test the waters in terms of sales and interest in the remaining 3. If there are enough sales to warrant producing 2-3&4...we will publish those as well.

Remember... these are not sequels but 4 parts of a whole story. Fortunately, the book has already been in written with 4 parts, so it won't be too difficult to shape each part into an individual book.

Now I need your help. I need you to leave your comments here on this thread letting me know how you feel about this. Do you think you would purchase 4 separate volumes?

I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for your continued support!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Swannie, you can count on me to buy all four books. While it distresses me to learn that no one will publish a book over 300 pages, it somehow doesn't surprise me. Please keep us informed as to what is happening. We care about what happens.

Swannie, I would absolutly buy 4 volumes of your book.I've been waiting a long time to read your book and if that's the way it has to be you can count me in.

Mistress of His Roses

Posted Image Peggy

Oh jeez ladies, I was so tired this afternoon, I posted my message in this thread and I really didn't mean to. I don't want to clog up the Lair with book business, so if you wouldn't mind, could you please post your replies here: http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...c=25588&hl=

Thanks!

Swannie