Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
SouthernGirl28

How many of you

own this movie? Is it good? Give me your opinion. It's my birthday soon and if you all say it's good maybe I'll ask for it ;)

:hugs:

April

I don't own it, I think it's coming out soon. I did see the entire movie on YouTube and it was interesting. Gerry's voice and inflection was intense and it was dark. Overall, it was OK, but not my sort of thing. It's short and dark.

Maybe the DVD will supply some behind the scenes of Gerry doing the voice work, but overall I wouldn't spend my $$$ on this particular DVD.

Just received it, but haven't watched it yet.

Ginny (Sassenach)

For me this is not a must buy. Not even fore the voice. *shrugs*

April, why don't you try and watch it on the Scottish Channel tonight and then you can decide for yourself?

Ren

I haven't seen it yet and I may just watch it on On Demand before deciding. It will be included again in the fall when Watchmen is released on DVD - it will be reintegrated into the movie the way it is in the book. Just from reading the story in the book it is very, very dark - much darker than Watchmen itself (which is no bit of sweetness and light). I'm curious about the other piece on the DVD, "Under the Hood" which is a mock-documentary about the formation of the original Minutemen in the 40's who were the precursors to the Watchmen. If I do buy the DVD alone it will be primarily to support Gerry, because I try to own everything he is in, even if I only watch it once (or less than once, like Shooters from which I've only watched the yellow towel scene).

I own it and have watched it twice - so far.

This is not a movie for the squeamish. The storyline is devastating and Gerry plays it as dark or darker than it was originally written.

He does an outstanding job of bringing the Captain to life - even in animation.

This is one of those movies that (IMHO) no one can really advise you about. I don't regret buying it.

I'm glad I got to watch it but I should have just waited and watched it on Stu's channel. Not worh the $17 IMO.

Gerry does a superb job but it is a 20+ minute short if TOTBF is all you're interested in. It is an ironic, no-happy-ending horror story. If that's not your cup of tea it may not be worth it to you.

It also depends how 'into' The Watchmen universe you are. I bought this as well as several other Watchmen tie-ins and was happy to do so. But you may want to wait for the Watchmen utra-cut version (if it still happens) or view TOTBF online (as I'm sure it will pop up again and again) if Watchmen isn't your thing.

Jane

I'm totally confused ... is this already out on DVD? Black Freighter with Gerry doing the voice over? Anything with Gerry is a must in my collection (the only thing I don't have is Shadow Company - will get that soon).

So, I can buy this now? At like Walmart or something???? Please let me know ...

Thanks.

Lisa

I'm totally confused ... is this already out on DVD? Black Freighter with Gerry doing the voice over? Anything with Gerry is a must in my collection (the only thing I don't have is Shadow Company - will get that soon).

So, I can buy this now? At like Walmart or something???? Please let me know ...

Thanks.

Lisa

Yes Lisa. I ordered mine from Amazon.

I just got mine at Wal-Mart. Paid $19.97 for it. Blue-Ray is $29.97

Can't wait to watch it! I need me aural sex!!!

Depending on how fast you want it, Lisa, you can find it for lower prices on eBay either "Buy it Now" or through auction.

It was released on Tuesday.

Jane

I got mine through Amazon. I had it on pre-order. As others have said, it's a very dark story, and NOT for the squeamish, but Gerry's voice is wonderful and he does a great job, as usual. I also enjoyed the other short features on the DVD, "Under the Hood" and the making of Watchmen.

Well............it didn't bother me, but I could see that it might bother some.

I thought it was really good.

Ren

Edited by Rendita

I agree with Elissa. It is a very dark story but Gerry was brilliant both with the voice and the inflection. Under the Hood was very intertaining as was the "making of" short. Patrick Wilson was very prominent in Under The Hood - - in more ways than one.......LOL!! (No wonder Christine picked Raoul!)

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Definately NOT a movie for the squeemish! I'm not sure what I really expected it to be like. But one thing I know....it certainly wasn't that. Gerry has a wonderful soothing voice in it and he did do an awesome job. I'm happy it's in my Gerry collection....but I'm not sure I will watch it again.

Linda

I don't really have a weak stomach. I watched 300 battle scenes while eating breakfast! LOL ;)

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

:hugs:

April

Edited by SouthernGirl28

I think I will wait until the DVD comes out with the Tales of the Black Freighter in its place within the full story of Watchmen.

Sally

I thought it was amazing! Im not much of a romance story freak so this is more my thing ^;^

Gerry did an awesome voice over and Under The Hood was great as well.

I dont get why some say its not for the squeamish lol! Maybe it's just me seeing that I dont mind dark and edgy

The pre-order one I got at Amazon including a free digital copy and I downloaded it on my pc but they asked for a $1.99

charge, its not much but they should give it to you for free since you purchased the darn disc already

Im gonna enjoy watching this again !

I too thought that asking for $1.99 was pretty cr*ppy thing to do.