Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

4/2 - ShoWest TUT titillates

from: http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/20...est.html?csp=34

Heigl gets things shaking at ShoWest

Posted at 02:31 PM/ET, April 02, 2009

excerpt:

Sony Pictures brought a half dozen films to ShoWest this year...

The day, though, belonged to Katherine Heigl and her romantic comedy The Ugly Truth with Gerard Butler. She brought the house down with a scene taken from the book of When Harry Met Sally

Read the entire article here

and from: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=25807

The Ugly Truth

excerpt:

Speaking of movies I've been hard on, I don't think I've had many pleasant things to say about this Katherine Heigl romantic comedy. But as much as I hate to admit it, the world doesn't revolve around me and the UGLY TRUTH footage they showed played extremely well. It was basically scenes from the trailer expanded a bit with two scenes from the middle of the movie.

Read the entire article here

Thank you for sharing honey!

It is nice to hear that some who formed opinions based solely on the premise of the movie and the minimal trailer footage are now changing their tune. I of course hope this film does really well and shows that there is yet another genre Gerry can do well (but of course if it does well they'll probably give that credit to Katherine).

Oh I can't wait to see this movie! Love Gerry in a romantic comedy...And he lives!!

Thanks Barb

Cheryl

:funnyup: LOL

Yeah Cheryl. I always prefer movies where Gerry is alive at the end!

Ren

I actually think the restaurant scene may be reminiscent of a little known movie I saw some years back at the Edinburgh Film Festival that never got a wide release called The O in Ohio starring Parker Posey and Danny Devito. It really was a funny sweet movie about a woman who has never ever had an O so goes to extreme lengths to have one and she is at a business meeting giving a presentation and is wearing panties and someone has the remote and well it was hysterical as she tried to get through the presentation while having a big O.

I'm glad people are unexpectedly surprised by how good this film may be and think it might not just be another run of the mill romcom.

Moira

Well at least the movie is getting some positive buzz. I’m sure if the movie is a hit Heigl will be considered the new incarnation of Julia Roberts. And if the movie is successful it will be a definite plus for Gerry’s career.

The main reason I'm going to see the movie is for Gerry. I've tired of his....and Gerard Butler. It is time for it to be starring Gerard Butler. I think that is just around the corner, with the Empire Award and I'm hoping there will be a nomination for him in the LAC, even if it is supporting actor. Gerry's time is like I said just around the corner.

Ginny (Sassenach)

I actually think the restaurant scene may be reminiscent of a little known movie I saw some years back at the Edinburgh Film Festival that never got a wide release called The O in Ohio starring Parker Posey and Danny Devito. It really was a funny sweet movie about a woman who has never ever had an O so goes to extreme lengths to have one and she is at a business meeting giving a presentation and is wearing panties and someone has the remote and well it was hysterical as she tried to get through the presentation while having a big O.

I'm glad people are unexpectedly surprised by how good this film may be and think it might not just be another run of the mill romcom.

Moira

Though I never saw that movie I did see the trailer for it a couple of times before B&G I think - I believe it was when I saw B&G in San Francisco on its oh-so-limited run. It also had Paul Rudd in it, and I remember thinking he was kind of cute.

Gerry plus Romantic Comedy so he can show that silly side of him...no matter what the critics could say, I'M SO THERE.

I'm so upset that this movie's opening was moved to July! I was so looking forward to it as great movie for spring, you know love is in the air and all that! Oh well!

D

Yes, wouldn't we be watching it right now if they hadn't changed it? It's hard to wait, but we'll be happy this summer.

Did I miss something? How do you guys know he's alive at the end?

Yes, wouldn't we be watching it right now if they hadn't changed it? It's hard to wait, but we'll be happy this summer.

Did I miss something? How do you guys know he's alive at the end?

Well, we're just assuming since death at the end of a romcom might be a real downer!

D

I have a friend who got to see 2 of the pre-screenings of TUT and she really liked the ending so I'm pretty positive that means Gerry's character wasn't dead.

thanks for the news :)

that scene sounds funny...cant wait for this one either and glad its now getting good reviews

The main reason I'm going to see the movie is for Gerry. I've tired of his....and Gerard Butler. It is time for it to be starring Gerard Butler. I think that is just around the corner, with the Empire Award and I'm hoping there will be a nomination for him in the LAC, even if it is supporting actor. Gerry's time is like I said just around the corner.

Ginny (Sassenach)

How many corners does he have to go around? KH hasn't had a blockbuster film like 300, yet in the article, GB is mentioned as an after thought. If the film is a hit SHE will get the credit, just like JF will get the credit for LAC, just watch. :tantrum: