Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
SouthernGirl28

Calling all Tennessee GALS

Hey gals,

Check in here and let us know you and yours are alright after the tornadoes that swept through our state today :)

My family and I are fine!

Linda, Katie, Anne, Andrea, and Andrea check in please and anyone else I may have forgotten :)

:hugs:

April

I had an email from Katie (Songbird) and she and her family are fine as is her GAL friend Val, though it came quite close for some of them. I saw a very recent post from Anne so I think that indicates she is OK too. I hope the rest of the TN GALS were also lucky to escape the wrath of the tornado. Those twisters have scared me since I was a little girl and first watched The Wizard of Oz.

I laid in bed since I slept last this afternoon (was up listening to the storm roll in around 3:30...Susan's one smart cookie. She's always watching me. Hmmm maybe I should do a sneak faerie suprise attack when she isn't watching *giggles*) and I didn't want to leave the bed because it was so dark out. I laid so quiet waiting to hear sirens. I called my dad first & he said it was bad out in Williamson County where he and my sister work. He told me I'd be fine then later called and told me to turn on the news. I put it on our local channel of 5 and it was nothing but weather radars til like the 4 or 5 news. The rain was on and off. Dad said they had sirens going off.

Stupid me forgetting my step sis who WORKS in Rutherford County which was slammed with uh how many tornadoes, or just one big one?

I saw all the footage on TV. My dad said she was on lunch and they all go to the gym (if I remember right she stills works at MTSU, the college out there) and then the alarm went off & they were shoved into the locker room I think it was and hunkered down for about 2 hours.

My sisters and I have all lived in Murfreesboro at some point, I had wanted to teach there back in the day, had an interview out there (never heard from them), and I'll go out there to a small little shop when I'm up for the long drive. It's also not far from the local renaissance festival grounds.

I was texting Bella & emailing her & she told me to write about Scotty & tornadoes and how lucky we were to miss them. I would have grabbed him, my purse, my keys & the dogs and hunkered down in the tub. My poor rabbit though.

I tell ya natural disasters scrare the daylights out of me. Murfreesboro tends to get hit the worst since I moved up in 2002 & started to follow the weather (had to to know whether or not I was teaching that day & if school was opening late & to wonder where some students might be).

Ya here I am thinking I'm up more north than TX hoping to escape it. NO!

Arg.

Anyone else checked in? I know there is also Andrea~Mc and her sister Jessie. I haven't seen LadyScot around as you mentioned above....hmmm I hope we're all ok!

Andrea~mc checking in..and might as well count Jess too,we live in the same house.

We're ok. Close calls as usual but ok. We have some shingles off and a few limbs down. We are about 10-15 miles from the Mississippi River,so it goes through us before it hits ya'll in Middle Tn. I was up till 1:40 AM dozing off and on..watching Craig Ferguson and waiting for the warnings to come across. I was on alert starting yesterday afternoon " Storm spotters will likely be needed tonight"...so I made some coffee and waited. We got the wind and hail and thank God no tornadoes this time around because with that amount of lightening I was wondering how in the world I was going to do any "spotting" . Then we had another round come through this morning around 9:30'ish. We just got rain and wind again...but I noticed it blew up after it got past us. I was praying for those of you East of us. Then there was another line on the West side of the rive and it fizzled thank God. We have a chance of more stuff on Sunday. I think this is turning out to be a bad season for this part of the US.

I read the storm reports,that is so so sad about that woman and her baby in Murfreesboro . I have family up around Paris and Clarksville, I am hoping they are all ok as well, haven't heard of any damage up that way.

Andrea, you're a storm spotter or chaser? Whoa. My hat's off to you!

As much as I dislike tornadoes I always think of "Twister". Oddly enough I like that corny movie.

Andrea, you're a storm spotter or chaser? Whoa. My hat's off to you!

As much as I dislike tornadoes I always think of "Twister". Oddly enough I like that corny movie.

Yeah I've been a Skywarn spotter since my late teens,grew up in tornado alley. I was terrified of them growing up, been in too many close calls, that'd be another topic if you want to hear it. But I decided that I could either continue being scared which was getting me no where or learn about it and try to help save lives instead. So I did training to become a Skywarn spotter. So whenever bad weather comes through, I call in storm reports to the National Weather Service so they can issue the appropriate warnings.

I don't chase though. I'd love to,but I don't. Have to have a driver while I do the calling and watching.

Hi GALS,

We're fine here in Memphis. the storms hit west and east of us. We had weather reports on what areas were experiencing the worst weather, but we were not involved at all. Glad to hear from so many of you that you are OK.

Keeping y'all in my prayers!

Linda

*bearhugs Linda*

I was beginning to worry about ya!!!

:hug1:

Sorry; I just realized y'all were checking in here regarding the weather.

M'boro is my hometown and where my BFF Valerie still lives, as well as one brother in Smyrna, and one in the process of moving back to M'boro.

We had hail here in Fayetteville (60 miles south of M'boro) and there were rotations all over the place on the radar Friday!

The tornadoes touching down in M'boro went about a mile north of where I grew up (near the Blackman community).

It's miraculous that there were only 2 fatalities. So heartbreaking about the woman and her baby, and of course, her husband who's left behind and whose business, house, and family were destroyed all at the same time. Please pray for him.

*ding ding* round.....how many times it's been in a row that we've had t-storms..I've lost count now...bad I know considering what I do on the side. Anyway- chance of storms tomorrow. Check out the radar at the NWS.

Yeah it was kinda nice up till around 1:30 then it started clouding up,by 2'ish it was pouring out in the Cordova / Lakeland part of Memphis. And then rained allllll the way home,with some lovely ground lightening. We ended up doing our egg hunt inside. I had to do alot of running out into the pouring rain to take easter baskets to the car etc... so I got soaked through,not feeling so hot this evening. I'm drinking some hot tea to get rid of the chill.

We have a chance of isolate tstorms tonight, i'm betting my sons soccer practice will be canceled tomorrow evening. The soccer field is probably mud.

Honestly, I am not the least bit disappointed that we didn't have severe weather, we need a break.