Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
TheBlonde

Fake Gerry on Twitter

I love twitter! I've gotten to know so many amazing Gals that way. It's all in good fun, but as Moira says just don't be too personal about things and no worries. I'm such a goof with my witty and silly personality on there, never know what I'll say next :)

Gerry's not the only one who had a person using his name to Tweet. Someone was pretending to be Tina Fey a while ago and there have been others pretending to be various celebrities as well. So it can be a problem.

Why is Hugh Dillion sticking his paddle into all this? Talk about playing any angle!

I am not 100% sure Gerry was totally responsible for getting the Twitter account closed down. Hugh from PhillyChitChat tweeted tonight that he found out who it was and was giving HER 10 days to come clean and he will write about it tonight. He said the 10 days were nearly up. It is possible that only Gerry or his management can shut the account down and that's what they did.

Twitter is alot of fun and as long as you do not divulge too much personal info it can't be stalkerish. You have the power to protect your updates so only your followers can see them. I then don't see the point of why you twitter if you do that but people have their reasons. I do think film companies are realising this is the best and newest way to get info out to the fans.

Moira

Maybe the head "twit" shut it down him/her self? How would Hugh know anything about it? Wonder what his source of information is? Hmmm, makes one wonder!

D

Why is Hugh Dillion sticking his paddle into all this? Talk about playing any angle!

Don't you know? For the benefit of Gerard Butler's "crazy fans"! His words, not mine.

D

Don't you know? For the benefit of Gerard Butler's "crazy fans"! His words, not mine.

D

Lets not get too critical here he never mentioned anything about writing up on the fans and even if he does end up making not so nice fan comments our policy here is not to bring drama from other boards to Gals no matter how much it annoys you. :confused:

Moira :wave:

No one but THE PERSON can close down a Twitter account. And if the Fake Gerry closed down the account on her own (I've always suspected it was a woman), then it was probably because Twitter contacted her and said they heard from Gerry himself.

I don't believe for one second that Hugh had anything to do with it regardless of what he says. I may not be in the know, but Hugh lost a lot of credence with me and some other Gerry fans after Phillly. I'm sorry, Moira, I just don't buy it.

The fact that Rob Twittered while on the phone with Gerry - that I believe. That's plausible by a reputable man.

Why does it even matter? It's over and GERRY took care of business. That's all that really matters.

I'm glad some of you enjoy it. But that's why there are different things out there. I LOVE Facebook and I'll stick to that.

Lisa

just to clarify, twitter mods can and often do, shut down peoples threads for different reasons.... the obvious ones, harrasment, things like that.., i doubt we'll ever know who did this one for sure..

i love twitter, a great place to throw out random thoughts, silly stuff, chat instantly with people all over the world, for free..!! and as you say, some celebs are great, theres also great instant info...

i follow ashton kutcher, who tonight posted a video saying how amazed he was that he was nealry at 1 million followers, how that just blew him away, especially the cnn is only 50,000 more than he.. he cant understand it, so he says, "if i get 1 mil followers before cnn, i will personally video and ding dong ditch ted turners house".. :spit:

ashton tweets all kinds of info, funny stuff, pics and vids of the current film he's making..

i find twitter facinating, it just needs to be used with discretion..

facebook, has changed over the last few months, and for me, not a great change....too many trivia quizzez, and not enough ways to edit some of that out, its either all or none..posts dont seem instant either, they get lost on walls.. its just not obviously clear and in your face, as twitter is..but..to each his own.. :wave:

What's funny. I Twitter with Robert Luketic the director from UGLY TRUTH, (Yes he is a real twitterer) the fake Gerry kept trying to get him to send him a copy of the UGLY TRUTH. Also there was a twitter about phone number's. I sent a private twitter to Rob to check with Alan Seigal Management, because the GB.net and Gals had been told that the Gerry was a fake. I finally got on and asked the Gerard_Butler fake what was it like being a fake, a fraud and an imitator. Course he never responded. Finally justice is done. :pointy: :pointy:

The Fake Gerry allegedly contacted Hugh who was going to a party Gerry was supposed to attend and SHE owned up to Hugh what was going on and asked if he could speak to Gerry on her behalf and she would offer the account to him as it had totally gotten out of hand.

Whether any of this is actually true but Hugh has now publicly said this.

It is up to each of you whether you believe this or not. :funnyup:

Moira

I've heard say if you want to catch an arsonist, you'll find HIM/HER at the scene of the crime trying to put out the fire! :lmao::rotflmao:

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

I've heard say if you want to catch an arsonist, you'll find HIM/HER at the scene of the crime trying to put out the fire! :lmao::rotflmao:

D

You're a baaaad puddy tat!

I"m thinking Hugh is using this to get more publicity for himself. How sad ... continuing to use Gerry like that.

Okay - that's totally off topic but it was brought up.

Actually, this is over so it no longer matters.

I'm in agreement here. It's done and over with now. If and When Gerry decides to join the twittering world, us fans will know without a doubt that its him :)

Why does it even matter? It's over and GERRY took care of business. That's all that really matters.

Lisa

Actually, this is over so it no longer matters.

:hehe::drink::yay::rose:

:bounce:

:curtains: